Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,898 members, 7,852,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:45 AM

Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! - Nairaland / General (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! (71402 Views)

Have You Ever Been Duped By People With 'juju' Before? Share Your Experience... / 7 Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men / Gender Inequality: Was Feminism Just a Fad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 5:50pm On May 19, 2013
fellis:

Believe whatever you want to believe, I have no interest in going further with you on this thread.
fellis, you u really think i care? Ppl like you are worthless, and you will carry your worthless opinions to the grave.

Yall are a fuckin cancer on black society
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 19, 2013
Pleep do you have a link to watch the damn movie free?

Off topic did anyone watch American x story, couldn't watch that movie, i stopped watching if after the white racist broke all the teeth of the brother
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 5:55pm On May 19, 2013
hehehe, i ended up watching it on amazon rental (youtube rental also works) grin Its friggin hard to stream movies free nowadays

I've heard about American history X, is it any good?
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 19, 2013
Couldn't watch the movie, that scene freaked me out ....I
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 19, 2013
pleep: hehehe, i ended up watching it on amazon rental (youtube rental also works) grin Its friggin hard to stream movies free nowadays

I've heard about American history X, is it any good?
miss megaupload
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 6:05pm On May 19, 2013
pleep: what you you mean? The movie is the same story as the play

the plays script is just as bad, albiet more subtle

ok
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 6:18pm On May 19, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Pleep do you have a link to watch the damn movie free?

Off topic did anyone watch American x story, couldn't watch that movie, i stopped watching if after the white racist broke all the teeth of the brother

I've got the movie. It's pretty good. The main character "encounters" "Bubba" in prison! shocked
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 19, 2013
Black Kenichi:

I've got the movie. It's pretty good. The main character "encounters" "Bubba" in prison! shocked
Yeaa I heard it is a good movie, but I couldn't watch beyond the first scene lol
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 5:44pm On May 22, 2013
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 5:06pm On May 24, 2013
Tommy Sotomayor discussing his views with a black female caller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjzG2f1EGoQ
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 4:26pm On May 26, 2013
More feminist hypocrisy!

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 9:10pm On May 26, 2013
Shoryuken to the black feminists!
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by cfours: 2:48am On May 27, 2013
biolabee:

Hmmm.. Noted.

So are you saying all maidens in Biblical times were minors (less than 16) in todays parlance

most likely.
even for the ones that were late to marry (17,18,19yr olds) aka old spinsters will still be married off to men who are significantly older than them. old enough to be their fathers or sometimes grandfathers
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by pleep(m): 3:05am On May 27, 2013
Shes correct about that. By some estimates Mary was around 12 when she was married to joseph
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by biolabee(m): 6:19am On May 27, 2013
Interesting ....

c.fours:

most likely.
even for the ones that were late to marry (17,18,19yr olds) aka old spinsters will still be married off to men who are significantly older than them. old enough to be their fathers or sometimes grandfathers
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 11:31pm On May 27, 2013
A great video talking about the irresponsibility of women
http://www.manwomanmyth.com/women/baby-mamas-and-the-elephant-in-the-room/
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by 99cent: 3:00am On Jun 02, 2013
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 9:22pm On Jun 02, 2013
99cent:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg3umXU_qWc

https://www.nairaland.com/1268672/should-all-feminists-chimamanda-adichie#16017492

here Chimamanda pretty much sums up my argument very succinctly. She even mentions Wangari Maathai very briefly at some point in the talk. Should I say that great minds think alike? It is as if she read this thread and then went on the stage.

One of her arguments is that roles should be based on ability and skills rather than gender. I will add personality to that. This is very clearly illustated in her story about the classroom monitor. Not all men are alpha men. In a coupling with a beta male and alpha female, it is very obvious that the female will wear the pant. so what has gender got to do with it. why can't we just be allowed to be ourselves.
Smart woman. I agree with some of the things she said on the vid. Ultimately, I don't agree with her position. This vid kinda reinforces my position on Nigerian women having masculine mentalities.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by 99cent: 9:38pm On Jun 02, 2013
so being smart is a "masculine" trait. U watched d whole video n that's what u took away from it.
well, we sure do have a long way to go.

Africa (and Nigeria) needs more feminism 4 sure. Glad Chimamanda is an advocate
and like with Wangari Maathai, it may take outside forces (UN, Europe etc) to help shatter the male domination in naija. If the men don't want to work with d women, then such men have put themselves as enemies of womens' progress and thus must be stripped of their power. like the success in Kenya for d greenbelt movement which resulted from Maathai partnering with the UN.

Of course there are many males who support equality. Fashola for example is doing great work for Lagos state and also empowering women in d process. Kudos to him. I am proud to be a Lagosian.
https://www.nairaland.com/606262/fashola-hands-over-mushin-17th
https://www.nairaland.com/1294506/lagos-recruits-70-female-truck-drivers
http://www.womanistworld.com/williams-sisters-live-in-lagos-for-womens-rights-tour/

Those in opposition are enemies of progress and therefore should be fought.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by 99cent: 9:43pm On Jun 02, 2013
Widows Will No Longer Drink Bath-water Of Their Dead Husbands In A/ibom

The custom allowing the seizure of deceased husbands properties and subjecting their widows to inhuman practices such as shaving of the head and making them drink the water used to bath their husbands, among others, have now become illegal in Akwa Ibom State.

The state government, in a bill passed by the House of Assembly and signed by the governor, Chief Godswill Akpabio, outlawed the custom which maltreat widows after the deaths of their husbands, declaring it as unlawful and inhuman.

In his Democracy Day speech, the governor declared that it had become unlawful for widows to be maltreated in Akwa Ibom, saying defaulters of the law risk fines and three years imprisonment.

While reacting on the new law, the First Lady of the state, Chief (Mrs) Unoma Ekaette Akpabio, commended the House of Assembly and the governor for the pro-women law, describing the passage of the law as a breakthrough for the womenfolk in the state.

According to her, “I appreciate the state House of Assembly and the state governor for standing with the womenfolk through this law. Akwa Ibom State has, in the last five years, shown itself as pro-masses and pro-women.”

https://www.nairaland.com/1310503/akwa-ibom-outlaws-drinking-corpse-bath-water

Only in Nigeria are they just outlawing this extremely degrading practice in 2013!!!
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by 99cent: 9:47pm On Jun 02, 2013
Imagine forcing women to shave their head and drink their dead husband's corpse water. and this was still legal up till this year!
I wonder if the law will be enforced
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by solomon111(m): 10:13pm On Jun 02, 2013
^^
sorry Europe and america cannot do much with respect to implanting feminism in Nigeria,just as they failed with the gay marriage legalisation even with threat of sanctions.
You have to think of something better.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 10:22pm On Jun 02, 2013
99cent: so being smart is a "masculine" trait. U watched d whole video n that's what u took away from it.
well, we sure do have a long way to go.
Intelligence isn't a masculine trait at all. It's just that Nigerian women tend to have a selfish, masculine mentality.

99cent: Africa (and Nigeria) needs more feminism 4 sure. Glad Chimamanda is an advocate
and like with Wangari Maathai, it may take outside forces (UN, Europe etc) to help shatter the male domination in naija. If the men don't want to work with d women, then such men have put themselves as enemies of womens' progress and thus must be stripped of their power. like the success in Kenya for d greenbelt movement which resulted from Maathai partnering with the UN.
The last thing that Nigeria or the rest of Africa needs is UN, US etc interference. Do you really want African men to become emasculated sissy boys like most European and American men. Those men have low sperm counts and f*ck for toffee.

99cent: Of course there are many males who support equality. Fashola for example is doing great work for Lagos state and also empowering women in d process. Kudos to him. I am proud to be a Lagosian.
https://www.nairaland.com/606262/fashola-hands-over-mushin-17th
https://www.nairaland.com/1294506/lagos-recruits-70-female-truck-drivers
http://www.womanistworld.com/williams-sisters-live-in-lagos-for-womens-rights-tour/
Good for them.

99cent: Those in opposition are enemies of progress and therefore should be fought.
Well consider me an "enemy of progress".
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by 99cent: 10:27pm On Jun 02, 2013
solomon111: ^^
sorry Europe and america cannot do much with respect to implanting feminism in Nigeria,just as they failed with the gay marriage legalisation even with threat of sanctions.
You have to think of something better.

of course Africa is always last to progress. They are still burning gay people alive in Uganda for example.
Imagine it took 100s of yrs to get us to stop forcing african women to drink their dead husband's corpse water.
disgraceful.

But if there are more feminists in Nigeria, by allying with the west (and supportive african men like governor Fashola for example), we could accomplish A LOT. Allying being the keyword here. But the movement has to start with nigerian women. Chimamanda hopefully can be an inspiration to many.
Nigeria needs more feminists.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 02, 2013
It is igbo women and it took 50years stop lying to make a point..African women are not drinking water from from corpse bath all over the world or continent..why is that your chimanda whatever never talked/spoke about that? W
It took a man to remove that shiat and you are here running.your mouth as if your useless sisters good for nothing did something to fight it
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by solomon111(m): 10:49pm On Jun 02, 2013
99cent:

of course Africa is always last to progress. They are still burning gay people alive in Uganda for example.
Imagine it took 100s of yrs to get us to stop forcing african women to drink their dead husband's corpse water.
disgraceful.

But if there are more feminists in Nigeria, by allying with the west (and supportive african men like governor Fashola for example), we could accomplish A LOT. Allying being the keyword here. But the movement has to start with nigerian women. Chimamanda hopefully can be an inspiration to many.
Nigeria needs more feminists.
I agree with you.
Though i think the kind of extreme feminism we have in west will create a serious fundamental problem in Nigeria.
You guys need to modify the feminism currently being practised for it to have any hope of survival in Nigeria.
Afterall,we don't want to get rid of excessive and unfair male domination only to replace with dysfunctional families,domesticated men,baby-mama syndrome e.t.c, which are by-products of the current system of feminism in the west.

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by BlackKenichi(m): 11:25pm On Jun 02, 2013
Feminist bint logic!

1 Like

Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:08am On Jun 03, 2013
"Feminism" is the vehicle that was used to tear the black american society apart...And they used the "strong black woman" in realizing that. Weave wearing Hoes!
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by 99cent: 1:17am On Jun 03, 2013
Northern Europe has the highest quality of life, they also have the highest level of gender equality.
Africa and middle east on d other hand are as backward as ever. I wonder why. forcing women to wear burqas in 100+ degree heat, forcing them to drink corpse liquid. disgusting.

Odenigbo Aroli: "Feminism" is the vehicle that was used to tear the black american society apart...And they used the "strong black woman" in realizing that. Weave wearing Hoes!

says d black male rapis.t, criminal drug dealer to his weave wearing hoe.
your case is hopeless anyway. black males in america are as powerless as playdough.

it's only the vulnerable younger black females that are being exploited (as evidence in the language of black men's music). But other than that, u should just be quiet because u r an embarrassment to yourself. Even without feminism, u are made powerless (unless slavery and jim crow was also caused by feminism rotflmao) so clearly black female feminism is not targeted at you. go and sit ur butt down. u are already beneath d movement. if u can't do it, women can.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 1:19am On Jun 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: It is igbo women and it took 50years stop lying to make a point..African women are not drinking water from from corpse bath all over the world or continent..why is that your chimanda whatever never talked/spoke about that? W
It took a man to remove that shiat and you are here running.your mouth as if your useless sisters good for nothing did something to fight it
no answer, interesting, selective propaganda
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by 99cent: 2:02am On Jun 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:
It took a man to remove that shiat

wrong. It took yrs of concerted activism on the part of activist widows and female journalists in Nigeria. and of course they were allied in asociation with the United Nations. The breakthrough was in Enugu in 2001 and other states started feeling the pressure to pass similar laws:

Widows Development Organisation (WiDO) WIDO is a Non-Governmental Organisation based in Enugu, in the South East of Nigeria providing support for Widows whose rights are violated It was registered as an NGO in 1996 and granted association with the Department of Public Information of the United Nations July 2010. History: In 1997, members of WiDO were appointed on to the Enugu State Widows Welfare Committee (WWC) with her as chairperson. The WWC carried out the first study of prevalent widowhood practices which was published in a book titled “Widowhood Practices: The case of Enugu State”. This study was used as an advocacy tool towards a bill on widow’s rights sponsored by National Association of Women Journalists (NAWOJ) was passed by the Enugu State House of Assembly on the 8th of March 2001.
Re: Feminism - Why Women In General (especially Black Women) Have Been Duped By It!! by Nobody: 2:04am On Jun 03, 2013
The Shiat has been removed in Akwa ibom so?

Beside where was your chimanda? Wangari mathai? Do yoruba widows also do that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (45) (Reply)

If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) / See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. / Lagos Amputee Hawker, Mary Daniel Acquires N17.5m House In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.