Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? (30493 Views)

Ladies Dont Feel Ashamed..come And Declare Your Asset Here(guys!,sup?) / Nigerian Prostitutes Congratulate Buhari, Declare Nationwide Free Sex / When Is The Right Time To Make Your Intentions Know To Your New Babe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 14, 2013
nikkyshyne: Smh. Buzz off!
ONE OF THEM BUZZING ON:/
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by DICKtator: 4:03pm On Apr 14, 2013
Br3nd4: Making your intentions known from the start doesnt appeal to most ladies. Like when i meet a guy today, he gets my number and tomorow he's telling me he loves me.. Really cocky I must say

On the contrary being friends first makes every thing magical, you get to know each others strength and weaknesses, you know what makes him/her happy or sad and the nerves not to step on buh then again there's a thin line that must'nt be crossed if ever youre considering going into a relationship.

For me starting as friends has always worked..

Story!!
@op: Go straight to tha point!!
Let em know,like I always say,
"ARE WE PHUCCKING OR WAT?"
I know she wants this dig bick!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Alcheringa(m): 4:19pm On Apr 14, 2013
dino2006:

Huh?
LMAO
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Ohibenemma(m): 4:21pm On Apr 14, 2013
Why can't persons differentiate sexual associations from purposeful relationships? It's kinda dangerous to start as friends, but it isn't bad. Different strokes for different persons.
Personally, I have many female friends, but it doesn't go beyond dat. We remain friends and I tell them about my relationship, as I would my male friends...Some start avoiding me once they learn about my status, but what can I do?
In a nutshell @ OP, some girls who've become great friends may see any intimate moves on your part as 'taking advantage' and get pissed off. Others may have been expecting intimacy from you, but want you to make the first move. Just be observant, they always give hints. If she likes you beyond an ordinary friend, you will know. If the hints ain't clear, you may apply subtle manoeuvres and see her response. If she's game, good for you. If she overreacts, make it seem like a joke, and bury your emotions, or you may lose even the friendship you both shared.

1 Like

Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Sheltercee: 4:31pm On Apr 14, 2013
Br3nd4: Making your intentions known from the start doesnt appeal to most ladies. Like when i meet a guy today, he gets my number and tomorow he's telling me he loves me.. Really cocky I must say

On the contrary being friends first makes every thing magical, you get to know each others strength and weaknesses, you know what makes him/her happy or sad and the nerves not to step on buh then again there's a thin line that must'nt be crossed if ever youre considering going into a relationship.

Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by lolaluv1(f): 4:45pm On Apr 14, 2013
BizBloke: Hmmm...interesting and on point. U be philosopher?

Nah. Not one....
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by NEROSKY(m): 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2013
strangest: Make the money first and you can start anywhere you want.. Imagine inviting her over to your own yatch, she won't want to go home again.. A lot of them love good things
Love this!
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by NEROSKY(m): 4:53pm On Apr 14, 2013
Ohibenemma: Why can't persons differentiate sexual associations from purposeful relationships? It's kinda dangerous to start as friends, but it isn't bad. Different strokes for different persons.
Personally, I have many female friends, but it doesn't go beyond dat. We remain friends and I tell them about my relationship, as I would my male friends...Some start avoiding me once they learn about my status, but what can I do?
In a nutshell @ OP, some girls who've become great friends may see any intimate moves on your part as 'taking advantage' and get pissed off. Others may have been expecting intimacy from you, but want you to make the first move. Just be observant, they always give hints. If she likes you beyond an ordinary friend, you will know. If the hints ain't clear, you may apply subtle manoeuvres and see her response. If she's game, good for you. If she overreacts, make it seem like a joke, and bury your emotions, or you may lose even the friendship you both shared.
3000 likes
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 14, 2013

^^gbam.

@topic: it depends.
some people can meet and take it to the next level early and still have long lasting relationships...though i am MORE than sure these relationships end badly or have lots of issues that arise in the end. tongue

others prefer to know the person really well. they'd make efforts to establish a friendship by knowing what they have in common, knowing what are the dos/don'ts and move from there before they put all of their eggs into that one basket.

i think the latter is the best option. The healthiest relationships are when the Lovers are each other's best friends. You don't have to be longtime/childhood friends for this to work. Simply taking the time to "study" each other and seeing how compatible you are is all it takes.
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Chitexs250(m): 4:56pm On Apr 14, 2013
Ohibenemma: Why can't persons differentiate sexual associations from purposeful relationships? It's kinda dangerous to start as friends, but it isn't bad. Different strokes for different persons.

Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by iv4real(f): 5:19pm On Apr 14, 2013
Its better you declare your intentions from the start, but take things slow, get to know each other. If u go as a friend, my dear once you are kept in that friend zone, you will always remain there.The only time u will be upgraded to boyfriend is if the girl has no boyfriend, potential boyfriend or chyker. You will be the last resort when she has nothing going on for her.

1 Like

Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by IZUKWU(m): 5:22pm On Apr 14, 2013

what is this thin line that must not be crossed?
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 14, 2013
The line between being a 'brother' and a 'friend' kapish?
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by olsmade(m): 5:32pm On Apr 14, 2013
strangest: Make the money first and you can start anywhere you want.. Imagine inviting her over to your own yatch, she won't want to go home again.. A lot of them love good things

What home are u talking about? Shes got a new home already
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Bondd: 5:47pm On Apr 14, 2013
baibijay:

some gals are really good @ friend zoning.
y dd u nw comment snc u were gon say d same tin alrdy said :/
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by imperiouxx(m): 6:02pm On Apr 14, 2013

God bless you sis!
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by BizBloke(m): 6:05pm On Apr 14, 2013
olsmade:

What home are u talking about? Shes got a new home already
grin grin
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Shezzman: 6:41pm On Apr 14, 2013
Friendship works bt d girl i tried it with never said yes nor no...
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by mothers: 6:42pm On Apr 14, 2013
djeezy: Some girls are just good at friend zoning guys. So for me, it's just an amalgam of both. Starting as friends whilst I still give you inklings and hunch of my hidden agenda. If she already digs you, starting as friends might just piss her off. Observation really matters.
I believe ur 2nd to last statement 4rm xperience, wana hapun 2 me.
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 14, 2013
How about getting forever stuck in the dreaded friend zone?
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by bushbull: 6:56pm On Apr 14, 2013
just passing through. lipsrsealed
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by ndobobo: 7:00pm On Apr 14, 2013
Careful wink

Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Skultwo: 7:00pm On Apr 14, 2013
@op no time 4 waiting, hit d nail on her head straight.
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by phabouluz(m): 7:05pm On Apr 14, 2013

Final verdict besides it gives u a clearer view of her and vice versa
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by IZUKWU(m): 7:11pm On Apr 14, 2013
Br3nd4: The line between being a 'brother' and a 'friend' kapish?
but i have enough sisters from my parents ,i don't need more,my modus operandi have always been lovers first then friends, if we can't be friends then the affair won't last but if we gel also as friends , our bed is made. I don't need complications.
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by iviix(m): 7:43pm On Apr 14, 2013
whatever you do, dont get sucked into the friendzone abyss. Shikena
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 14, 2013

I let them know from the start but in a sensible way. It all depends on delivery and after a couple dates.
I simply tell them " this is what I was considering when I started talking to you. I haven't yet made up my mind yet as I'm still feeling you out and you me. I'm just telling you because I personally prefer to let people know where they stand with me. As to the end result, we'll see how it goes ."

That kind of honesty is very much welcome by her if she was feeling you anyway as it is then established that you are the one leading things through and takes you 2 to that comfortable zone of deeper communication. You may also notice better behavior from her as now she feels you are watching her to determine if she is worth your full time position.

Real talk like this leaves no room for assumptions, as you have paved the way of communication for her to follow, with the asphalt of non-bullshit. cheesy

With this you have not Asked her out. You have simply communicated to her that she is under examination.

2 Likes

Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by kekilika: 8:33pm On Apr 14, 2013
uj_sizzle: There's just no predicting what women want or like. Different things work for different people, so you'll be safer studying your subject before applying either.
If you have an issue asking your friends out, then you may want to try telling the girl of your intentions outright. Don't be too quick about it though. Let her get used to the idea that you plan on staying around for quite some time but don't let her get too comfortable around you or you could be classified in the friend zone faster than you ever imagined. While at it, try giving her the impression that you have a not so friendly interest in her(yes, girls can always tell when a guy wants to ask them out).
Then go in for the kill once you've familiarized yourself with what irks and ticks her.
And please oo keep reminding yourself she is not your friend, she's a girl you want to date... this way you end up not being the one friend zoning her.
if this advice really coming from a woman? Just came over frm facebook and one my girlfriend is shout men r wicked n she cant trust men any longer and i am here on NL, n one is encouragin we bleep n runaway. Why una dey confuse me like this?
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 14, 2013
ypzilanti: You should always let ur intentions be known early enough. When you ask a woman out on a one on one date, she basically already knows what you have in mind. If she goes on a first date with you, make sure you get a second date by being great company and engaging her well during the date. Naija women can go on first date to 'chop your money' but if you are not thier type, they will usually spare you and themselves a second date.

Second date, find an appropriate time to state your intentions in a natural manner. Something simple like 'I like you a lot. I enjoy being with you and would like us to see each other more often'. On second date, make sure you get more personal in your gist: relationships, boyfriend/girlfriend tinz, aspirations etc. If she went out with you the second time, she probably likes you, so relax and enjoy your date. After the second date, if things went well, the lady would be more serious in calling you back immediately, replying text messages etc. By after third date, she would have called you on her own to check up on you without prompting. Once you get her first unscheduled phone call, you are in business.

Oya op, send money to my account for free advice gained from over two decades of chasing Naija women.
My bro, I doff my hat 4u!
Ds works 4me always
If I dnt like u no chance 4 2nd date!
After 2nd date & I like u, na me go call 2check on u
Why wasting time b friends 1st when d girl may not like u 2go in2 an intimate rship wit u?
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by j4jj: 9:00pm On Apr 14, 2013
Starting as friends or declarin ur intentions from start depends on d type of lady u r dealing wt and the there are certain factors that has to be considered.
1. Age bracket: young ladies between d ages of 18 and 22 are likely to say no when u declare ur intention from start. Reason being dat they feel they are nt yet ripe for any serious relationship/marriage .although, they can be good at friends zoning. When u find urself in such situations, all u nid do is to carry them along, like taking them out for movies, paying her visits @ home (sometimes).at this stage, there is always a risk of you havin an affair wt her bt I suggest u sustain your dignity
and u'l earn respect. BUT ladies wtin d ages of say 25 and above just tell them from d start...they might refuse @ first but then jst play it cool like friends u knw cos all ladies regardless of d age bracket don't like guys throwing themselves @ them like a barking dog!!! The rule is Play it cool and don't try to impress her!!! With time they wil b d one comin after you most especialy wen u r well to do. Other factors will b discussed l8r

1 Like

Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 14, 2013
I think it's best to approach depending on the character of the person your interested in. You never want to offend by being too aggressive before the woman is comfortable with you but show indicators that your feelings run deeper. Once you get the green light it's all good to open up and be clear and direct about your intentions. ~ Good luck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Creative Bank Themed Pre-wedding Pics / Hilarious Things Nigerian Girls Do Before Valentine / Ladies: Are We This Terrible?: Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.