Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? (30497 Views)

Ladies Dont Feel Ashamed..come And Declare Your Asset Here(guys!,sup?) / Nigerian Prostitutes Congratulate Buhari, Declare Nationwide Free Sex / When Is The Right Time To Make Your Intentions Know To Your New Babe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Nuzo1(m): 8:45am On Apr 15, 2013
“Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.” - Oscar Wilde cool

1 Like

Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by shilling(f): 9:11am On Apr 15, 2013
Very interesting conversation. In my experience, both can work with the right people involved.
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Brinxs(m): 9:14am On Apr 15, 2013
Nuzo':
“Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.” - Oscar Wilde cool

I disagree joor!

1 Like

Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by BizBloke(m): 10:04am On Apr 15, 2013
Nuzo':
Dicey ish jor.
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by BizBloke(m): 10:05am On Apr 15, 2013
Br3nd4: so like ure gäy or sumfin
cry cry
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by BizBloke(m): 10:06am On Apr 15, 2013
alaric saltzman:
She's really a rare gf...some gals, mayb cos of fear of mistaking intent or pride don't ask what guys want frm them...she ends up friendzonin d guy whereas d guy cos of fear of rejection loves d gal but can't ask 4 anyfin more and ends up comin 2 NL 2 seek 4 advicegrin...I believe communication matas btw the pple involved...
Now...does ur rare gf av any rare female friends?? wink
Sharp guys. You want rare ni. Ole cheesy
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by BizBloke(m): 10:09am On Apr 15, 2013
ypzilanti:

You are welcome. The knowledge did not come easy. Every man that knows anything about women knows that getting stuck in 'friendzone' is the worst thing that can happen to a man who is looking for an intimate relationship with a woman. What men do not understand is that once you are stuck in 'friendzone' the woman can't even imagine being nakkked around you. The thought of kissing you is like 'eeewww'. It's like kissing her brother.

Ask yourself: can you genuinely be REAL friends with a woman that you are plotting to sleep with or date? Is the definition of friendship not honesty? I have many female friends and I am not interested in dating any of them. Those that i intend to date, I tell early and get accepted or screened out early enough. True friendship comes naturally without either party hoping for anything other than the others company. If a friendship starts naturally and develops to something else, then it's ok. But you do not go into a 'friendship' with the baggage of hoping to fulfill dating ambitions. Its a recipe for disaster. You will sit there listening to her relationship issues with other guys. In fact you may be there for years as other guys come and go while you are the shoulder that is cried on. Good luck with that. Many guys found themselves in this 'friendzone' unknowingly. Do not EVER walk into that zone with eyes open. It can be a slow death.
You're right. Me don get that experience once sha

1 Like

Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by BizBloke(m): 10:09am On Apr 15, 2013
Solozzo:

Perhaps that's what she wanted from you too! She may not recognize you today.
grin grin grin
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by prettydiva(f): 10:39am On Apr 15, 2013
i have this friend and hes been in the friend zone for 5 yrs now, i have given in every green light for us to take it to the next level and hes not catching it undecided, don't know how to go about it and encourage him its okay to go to the next level undecided

1 Like

Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 15, 2013
prettydiva: i have this friend and hes been in the friend zone for 5 yrs now, i have given in every green light for us to take it to the next level and hes not catching it undecided, don't know how to go about it and encourage him its okay to go to the next level undecided
babe if u really do like him, u should let him know. Dont die in silence and watch another girl take him from you

2 Likes

Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by BizBloke(m): 10:49am On Apr 15, 2013
prettydiva: i have this friend and hes been in the friend zone for 5 yrs now, i have given in every green light for us to take it to the next level and hes not catching it undecided, don't know how to go about it and encourage him its okay to go to the next level undecided
So, can't you just tell him? If he's dull to make a move, don't be dull to end up regretting. Just go for it! Take your best shot.

1 Like

Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by alaricsaltzman: 11:13am On Apr 15, 2013
prettydiva: i have this friend and he's been in the friend zone for 5 yrs now, i have given him every green light for us to take it to the next level and he's not catching it undecided, don't know how to go about it and encourage him its okay to go to the next level undecided
Did I just read that rite?? 5yrs!!! Are u sayin u've been single for the last 5yrs cos of dis guy?? Kiss him!!! His reaction will let u knw wia u both stand wink
But 5YEARS!!!
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by ypzilanti: 12:11pm On Apr 15, 2013

Hate to burst your bubble, but the guy is probably not interested. Most men need only very little encouragement to make a move.

But to satisfy your curiosity and lay the matter to rest, have a good female friend pick his brain and psych him up that you like him. Let's see his reaction then. She should say something like :'you two are such good friend...I think both of you should date'. Then she should scold him and ask him why he has not asked you out. In fact, she should embarrass him and say it right there in front of you both. An older and less attractive woman than you, that won't go at the back and bleep him in the process... cause some girls eye dey chook,oh! When you do this, come back to nairaland and tell us what happened.

2 Likes

Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by sephoratoko: 12:12pm On Apr 15, 2013
my man is igbo, Nigerian and am from a different country, i want to learn how to speak the language how do i learn. even broken english
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by olaisababs(m): 1:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
yu dont fall in love.....yu grow in love......thatz all....
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by drnoel: 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2013

Lol, have u asked urself if he sees it but is not reacting cos he wants u to come out plainly. Look men may not be the wisest creatures on earth but they are definitely not dump. On anoda hand, he may really not understand all ur green lights cos he really doesn't see it. This case is usually seen when both parties have relaxed in friendship zone that the guy has actually lost hope of dating her. In this case, he won't see ur green lights even if u hit him on the head with it, come short of dancing naked in front of him. It means, u have to take the bull by the horn and say what u want or u will really loose him.

1 Like

Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by drnoel: 1:19pm On Apr 15, 2013
ypzilanti:

Hate to burst your bubble, but the guy is probably not interested. Most men need only very little encouragement to make a move.

But to satisfy your curiosity and lay the matter to rest, have a good female friend pick his brain and psych him up that you like him. Let's see his reaction then. She should say something like :'you two are such good friend...I think both of you should date'. Then she should scold him and ask him why he has not asked you out. In fact, she should embarrass him and say it right there in front of you both. An older and less attractive woman than you, that won't go at the back and bleep him in the process... cause some girls eye dey chook,oh! When you do this, come back to nairaland and tell us what happened.
This tactics of reverse psychology could work. Its never failed me though.
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by BizBloke(m): 2:04pm On Apr 15, 2013
ypzilanti:

Oga, you haff tey 4 ds biz sha. This tactic dey okay!
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 15, 2013
So many dudes have lost their dream girl cuz of Friendship zone ......

Romance = Love and Friendship

while Friendship and love may not equals Romance .........!!!

Therefore, if u wanto engage in romantic relationship with a gal, u berra declare urself from onset before other dudes carry ur dreamGirl away @ ur watch........!!!
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 15, 2013
always let them know what you want from the on set, but never let them see you coming.
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by ypzilanti: 3:23pm On Apr 15, 2013
donroxy: So many dudes have lost their dream girl cuz of Friendship zone ......

Romance = Love and Friendship

while Friendship and love may not equals Romance .........!!!

Therefore, if u wanto engage in romantic relationship with a gal, u berra declare urself from onset before other dudes carry ur dreamGirl away @ ur watch........!!!

^^^ Correct.
1. If you want to hear 'but why did you not say so all this while' as she walks to the altar with another man.

2. If you want to get a big NO after beating around the bush for years.

Then by all means go on playing games and claiming to be a 'friend'. Screen yourself as a potential mate early enough s that you can be shortlisted or rejected.

1 Like

Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by EmmyDe25(m): 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2013
Walexz02: What type of silly friendship are you guyz talking about? You want to lay a gurl and you wanna start with friendship? I guess you ain't gonna tell a gurl you meet 2day that you love her?
Its simple, know her,her name, get her number and say what is in you mind asap! Or else na friendship things o. I dnt knw of other guyz here, but I sometimes meet new ladies just for friendship and I will let them knw that its friendshp o. Fakat!
Hmmmnnn..... JAVIER HERNANDEZ a.k.a CHICHARITO. *Mr no time*
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 15, 2013
different strokes for different folks.... anyway it goes, so long as the result is achieved. that na my way but begin with observation. Some lady's blood need am sharp sharp and some need am slow slow. shine your eyes and widen your instincts.
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Salat01(f): 4:28pm On Apr 15, 2013
Closeness brings affection, so making one ur friend is advisable.
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by DSB(m): 6:23pm On Apr 15, 2013
alaric saltzman:
She's really a rare gf...some gals, mayb cos of fear of mistaking intent or pride don't ask what guys want frm them...she ends up friendzonin d guy whereas d guy cos of fear of rejection loves d gal but can't ask 4 anyfin more and ends up comin 2 NL 2 seek 4 advicegrin...I believe communication matas btw the pple involved...
Now...does ur rare gf av any rare female friends?? wink

hahaha...this kind of gurls come once in a blue moon. I am definitely taking her to the altar. Concerning your request, all her rare friends are taken grin sorry meeehhhn
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by alaricsaltzman: 9:59pm On Apr 15, 2013
DSB:

hahaha...this kind of gurls come once in a blue moon. I am definitely taking her to the altar. Concerning your request, all her rare friends are taken grin sorry meeehhhn
smiley for u, sad 4 me
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by uksim: 10:17pm On Apr 15, 2013
I believ,age should b a factor to,..before consderin to declare ur intention.................
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by josite: 7:56am On Apr 16, 2013
for me the most effective non verbal way to communicate my intention is to invite her to where only lovers go.like the 14th floor restaurant in eko le meridian or a private exclusive beach and though I know I will be rebuke or rebuffed I will try an intimate move like a playful soft slap on the butt.it works for me.but may actually get u a slap if un don't know how to implement this strategy.so really I don't talk and yet my message is gotten.if she is for me,she encourages the touch and I do more of it even on a first date.
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Kgdavid(m): 10:57am On Apr 16, 2013
its a big mistake to declare your intentions from them start. in fact its a mistake to have intentions from the start... you should merely be trying to know each other at that stage and to achieve some level of friendship. the key is being able to recognize when the "handshake has passed the elbow". its almost impossible to smoothly progress to a stable long term relationship when you declare your intentions from the start. why? cuz the girl will naturally develop inhibitions towards you and the forming and all that formal process sets it and even if she likes yu too and says yes immediately the relationship is likely to crash cuz its built on no foundation at all...however when you get to know each other and develop a liking for each other(liking has nothing to do with attraction or passion) you can then declare your intention to take it further. another mistake is allowing liking to develop into fondness. so yur best bet is to make haste slowly... be patient until the time is right and then strike with all the expediency of lightening.

1 Like

Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
Kgdavid: its a big mistake to declare your intentions from them start. in fact its a mistake to have intentions from the start... you should merely be trying to know each other at that stage and to achieve some level of friendship. the key is being able to recognize when the "handshake has passed the elbow". its almost impossible to smoothly progress to a stable long term relationship when you declare your intentions from the start. why? cuz the girl will naturally develop inhibitions towards you and the forming and all that formal process sets it and even if she likes yu too and says yes immediately the relationship is likely to crash cuz its built on no foundation at all...however when you get to know each other and develop a liking for each other(liking has nothing to do with attraction or passion) you can then declare your intention to take it further. another mistake is allowing liking to develop into fondness. so yur best bet is to make haste slowly... be patient until the time is right and then strike with all the expediency of lightening.
Error 101 .....

A girl will only reject u on dis my 3 grounds(u may add ur own) :

1. She is satisfied by her man ;

2. U re not a man enough for her (she doesn't feel you) ........

3. She has resolved within herself not to date any dude for that period/at all ...... SU are always here.......

Solution ;

1. If i feel the girl and I wanna snatch her.........friend zone is my best bet while waiting for d real dude to slip (woulda built maself a shoulder for her to cry upon) wink

2. It only requires repackaging that would make her never say NO ; Friend Zone is Error .....

3. Friend zone is ur best bet too while communicating ur mind at same time .......

I say d damn thing first before deciding wether to stay in friendzone in case of 1 and 3.........!!!!

Abi u be otondo!!!
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by dullassini(m): 2:02am On Apr 24, 2013
Guy just tell her your mind and leave the rest for her to decide cos being a frnd is not my kind of idea
Re: Start As Friends Or Declare Your Intentions From Start? by Joliecoco: 2:14am On Apr 24, 2013
Why are guys so afraid of friend zone. I think teh best way to start a relationship is through friendship, you get to form a bond with that person which is so important in a relationship.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Creative Bank Themed Pre-wedding Pics / Hilarious Things Nigerian Girls Do Before Valentine / Ladies: Are We This Terrible?: Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.