Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,182 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention (17694 Views)

David Mark Returns To Benue To Meet A Rousing Welcome From Supporters / Tribunal Judgement: Wike Returns To A Rousing Reception In Port Harcourt / Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by Delafruita(m): 9:21am On Apr 19, 2013
bennie1980: Let Tinubu and other looters sacrifice the BILLIONS IN THEIR ACCOUNTS for Nigeria and we shall all be better off. I am not impressed a bit with his speech. Nemesis will soon catch up with them all. They have succeded in turning all the youths to criminals when there is no work.

SHAME ON THEM ALLL
if all those whom looted this country had used their loot to establish hotels,television and radio stations,newspapers and lots of other businesses,unemployment would be low
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by dirifred(m): 9:29am On Apr 19, 2013
Delafruita:
i have to confess this is the most ridiculous criticism i have come across.the bolded is evidence that some people will never recognise progress even when it stares them in the face.

the short stretch at ozumba mbadiwe has been under construction but isnt abandoned and is infact almost completed.to ease traffic,those coming from bonny camp are diverted towards kofo abayomi.enlightenment was made as regards alternative routes which abound aplenty.

when you say they have avoided the roads that truly need attention,would you be kind enough to list a few?

i havent been to nassarawa so i am not privy to the activities of al-makura.however,the incident with the students was unfortunate.but it will be an injustice to lay the blame for the actions of policemen who are controlled by the FG at the feet of the governor who has no power over them.

as for what they will do differently,we can see evidence in lago,ekiti,osun,oyo,ogun,edo and as they say,actions speak louder than words

what evidence are u talking about in the state mentioned?
My brother are u trying to say there are no bad roads there?
is unemployment less in the states mentioned?
is security any better?just at least visit this states, n stop judging with what u read online.
ALL POLITICIAN ARE THE SAME. THEY WILL PROMISE TO PUT AIR CONDITIONAL ON YOUR STREETS

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by nkemKalu: 9:35am On Apr 19, 2013
tellwisdom:

How much these people dey give you??...You have never spoken derogatory about these people ever since i know you to be a loyalist. Does it mean they have no flops i can hear about??
and how much does PDP and JONATHAN give to u.....as u have not spoken any derogatory about these PDP and ODEH JONATHAN since I know u to be a loyalist. Does it mean they have no flops?
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by Sweetlemon(f): 9:51am On Apr 19, 2013
See, Tinubu is no saint! He's a thief sef.
But there are thieves and there are thieves.
Tinubu is the kind of thief we need now at the this particular point to help us do some really dirty work that a clean guy or a good guy will find too disgusting.
let's look at it this way, if you are a neat person and allergic to dirty things/places, you certainly wouldn't want to do some dirty work like clearing your gutter or stuffs like that. you employ someone who is used to filth.
There's just too much filth in the Nigerian system now and we need what I would call a very 'bad-good guy' to do this dirty job. We need him to clear out the filth to create way for a good guy to come in to do the good stuffs. It's like when you want to move into a new house, you clear out the dirt and scrub places before you start furnishing the house.
let's give ACN/APC a chance people, I am very sure they have something much more better to offer us than PDP. Just check out their membership and track records and compare it to PDP. ACN is not a saint party but you can see brilliant minds among them not just empty praise-singers and follow-follow people that mostly makes PDP. Please let's rid ourselves of sentiments. Sentiments will only rob us blind and lead us to our graves with frustration. I am a south-southerner. Proudly Akwa-Ibom, but I can't stand GEJ and his cohorts
God bless Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by MostIncredibleDFirst: 9:53am On Apr 19, 2013
An empty rhetoric 4m a celebrated thief!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by Itoroetti(m): 9:59am On Apr 19, 2013
Who doesn't know that tinubu is a thief?are u telling me that adams oshiomole's performance in edo state is as a result of being in can?if that's what u think,then u are wrong.his performance is as a result of his personality and not the party and same thing is applicable to fashola.but on a second thought,I am not a pdp member,but pdp is better than a one man control can.what were tinubu's achievement when he wasa governor?well,we all know that the know how to manipulate words to suit nigerians and we simply falls into that trap by clapping and dancing etighi to it and not remembering past antecedent.can u compare tinubu to donald duke during their tenure?its a simple logic.
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by endibe(m): 10:04am On Apr 19, 2013
Big lie
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by Toonfreak(m): 10:05am On Apr 19, 2013
Hey guys! Y are u worked up wit tinubu's speech is gud,fantastic,great orator,yoruba accent bla!bla!bla! As far as am concern,come 2015,dt fantastic speech will be flush down d toilet. Also,i won't vote when dt time comes cose its d same Nollywood stories will watching.
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 19, 2013
Methinks Tinubu made a very good speech.
But the thing is, it is just a speech. We have heard this type of speech several times. And now with the new political awareness, we tend to look at the antecedents of people who desire to champion these changes in our country. Unfortunately, Tinubu had been in power for eight years and we have loads of yardsticks to measure his integrity. In this case,I am sorri to say, he is not the meseiah.
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by meforyou1(m): 10:09am On Apr 19, 2013
What's rousing about this long, windy, aimless speech from a big thief, certificate forger bola ahmed tifnubu
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by free2ryhme: 10:12am On Apr 19, 2013
Gud speech however i am more concern abt d spirit behind d speech

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by free2ryhme: 10:16am On Apr 19, 2013
Delafruita:
if all those whom looted this country had used their loot to establish hotels,television and radio stations,newspapers and lots of other businesses,unemployment would be low
tinubu did but u no what nepotism and man know man remains d order of d day
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 19, 2013
anonimi:

You must be joking right
Tinubu is nowhere near the performance of UPN's Lateef Jakande and the other LOOBO state governors who were there for only four years (1979-1983) with meagre per capita budget (i.e. budget/population) even when adjusted for inflation and they perfomed VERY WELL. Unlike Tinubu who has been in government with his boy Fashola for 14 years without break:

1,2,3,4 years Tinubu
5,6,7,8 years Tinubu
9,10,11,12 years Fashola
13,14 years Fashola

yet ordinary, very common task of keeping Lagos gutters clean all year round so there is no flooding each time it rains they are unable to accomplish.

Jakande's administration was terminated 30 years ago by Ayatollah Buhari's coup and the consistent bigot jailed LKJ while keeping his fulani brother Shagari under house arrest. shocked
Yet this REGULAR gutter cleaning activity is an avenue for creating employment with well paid cleaners to have increased economic activity for greater tax revenue.
So much for "progressive opposition" that has been in power for 14 years with very little to show for it except a few shiny, cheap & cheerful super expensive projects to defraud the unsuspecting public that bears the tax burden of these profligates.
Bunch of conmen and shameless HYPOCRITES!

1million likes

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 19, 2013
tellwisdom:

You and your fellow stupefied partners are nothing but a human with a dog brain cavity. How does this nonsense correlate with the subject matter, we earlier discussed??

Now go through this-

Stop being a tribalist. I cant remember seeing any positivity in our ruling system with the so called past and present presidos; be it hausa, yoruba, bayelsa. So wetin you dey jubilate about??

If the past rulers had ruled you well, and basic amenities romancing you from your head to your blokous; you wouldn't be on nairaland having sleepness night trying to campaign for your Oga at the top grin grin

Then you stupidly replied

And my response to the nonsense you wrote up there--

Obvious fact with nothing to write home about...Na so u dull reach??..Na wa for these asi ere people oo

If your Ibo governors have govern you well in the past and present..You and your fellow Igbo clown wont have been jumping from state to state,country to country in search of greener pasture.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by skyfall: 11:30am On Apr 19, 2013
Great, motivating speech. Spoken like a general rousing his troops to war. Of course some people are not happy with this development, but unfortunately, they're on their own.
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by drnoel: 11:38am On Apr 19, 2013
this is a clear declaration that they have finally and openlly dropped the merger
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by Ashmark(m): 11:54am On Apr 19, 2013
ExclusiveGist is a fast-growing E-News social media source that’s quickly taking over social media.We give latest gist,news,fashion trend and gossip.....visit www.ashmarkexclusive..com to get update and like our page at www.facebook.com/Exclusivegist
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 19, 2013
aurenflani:

Yoruba accent is still better than that crude noise called Igbo accent.

Hahahaahahahahahaha....*falls of chair*..I tell you..those folks shout in the name of talking...especially their men when they are bragging cheesy cheesy

Nnaaa meehhhhnnn!!!
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 19, 2013
ilugunboy:

Hahahaahahahahahaha....*falls of chair*..I tell you..those folks shout in the name of talking...especially their men when they are bragging cheesy cheesy

Nnaaa meehhhhnnn!!!
You can be able to hear their so called bedroom voice even when they are 50 miles away..lol..Oh my! ..their accent is most irritating when they have Garden egg and groundnut plus bottle of ogogoro in front of them..tu fia pa..hia..lwtmbo.
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 19, 2013
They've never been in opposition and yet they've never been in power.....what other way can your define a rudderless set of people. They simply lack political astuteness and class.

I doff my hat for Rochas Okorocha and of course Chris Ngige for daring to break away from the norm. Those are truly and genuine politicians from Igboland....not those who will never dare to rock the boat at the center ...just to be eating from the abuja crumbs.
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by Dede1(m): 12:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
Does the inherent loudmouthed punk called Tinubu insinuate that the stay of ACN as a political party tantamount to the demise of the cesspit called Nigeria?
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by OneNaira6: 12:20pm On Apr 19, 2013
SMH Yoruba's on this forum are something else. They post a speech from Tinubu. The concept in the speech contradicts his own persona and performance during his governorship thus giving other's the right to wonder why they should listen to him now. Out of that wonder, people criticize tinubu, provided facts about the corruption of the man and what do they do when they are unable to defend against the accusation, result to talking about Tribe like they are typical known to do. Tufiakwa for this people. Very tribalist set. Tufia!

@ Nwando and Co
Thank you. I've never trusted that Tinubu fellow but una added more reason not to trust him especially you nwando. Anyway in regards to the speech, it's commendable, there is no denying what's in the speech needed to be said but it would have held a whole lot of strength and in fact meant something if it actually came from a decent un-corrupt politician.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by EkoIle1: 12:21pm On Apr 19, 2013
akthedream: If your Ibo governors have govern you well in the past and present..You and your fellow Igbo clown wont have been jumping from state to state,country to country in search of greener pasture.

They just don't know the joke is on them....
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by TechRev: 12:31pm On Apr 19, 2013
kalunomics: what is that his real name again?
Yes! Yekini Amoda Ogunlere, I definitely need to be remembering that. I hate addressing people using their nicks.

Interesting!!
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 19, 2013
One_Naira: SMH Yoruba's on this forum are something else. They post a speech from Tinubu. The concept in the speech contradicts his own persona and performance during his governorship thus giving other's the right to wonder why they should listen to him now. Out of that wonder, people criticize tinubu, provided facts about the corruption of the man and what do they do when they are unable to defend against the accusation, result to talking about Tribe like they are typical known to do. Tufiakwa for this people. Very tribalist set. Tufia!

@ Nwando and Co
Thank you. I've never trusted that Tinubu fellow but una added more reason not to trust him especially you nwando. Anyway in regards to the speech, it's commendable, there is no denying what's in the speech needed to be said but it would have held a whole lot of strength and in fact meant something if it actually came from a decent un-corrupt politician.

These people will scream the loudest at condemning GEJ and Alameseigha
When their own crowned leader is worse than Alameseigha ( whom I have no love for btw) but ,at least we didn't read that Alamesiegha forged credentials,goes by fake names or dealt on drugs neither did we hear of a Funsho Williams murdered in Yenegoa.
They have looting in common
The only difference is that one was convicted and the other wasn't due to the Nigerian factor

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 19, 2013
Eko Ile:

They just don't know the joke is on them....

The joke is always on you mister
Has always been
I'm sure myself and others have given you food for thought,if not,we have provided truths for the readers about tifnubu cool cool cool
Go find a credible means of livelihood
Staying on the Internet promoting crooks and licking their anuses is a shameful way to provide bread for your family
If I were your wife,I would be ashamed of you
Pathetic
[size=18pt] I believe the day Nigerians finally rise up to deal mercilessly with their criminal leaders,useless mouthpieces like you and Reuben abati and Segun Adeniyi of the yaradua infamy will not be spared in that inferno[/size]
That day will come I pray
Shouts of Eko oni baje cannot obliterate evidence
My work on the thread is done cheesy
Till I see you trying to promote falsehood
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by lekkie073(m): 1:07pm On Apr 19, 2013
Neo-XVI:

Lol. Never knew Tinubu was an orator. I guess Obama learnt under his tutelage.
Btw Eko-ile, if your oga needs a freelance speechwriter from a remote location, contact me. My prices are fair grin

On a serious note, they should find a short, simple but inspiring logo and slogan that we can all identify with and also dispose of the broom undecided
d broom is the unique logo.....sweep, cleanse, or dont u sweep ur house when its dirty? grin
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by phantom(m): 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2013
lol...if these thieves think that most right thinking nigerians see them as our salvation then they should have their heads checked...buncha freaking clowns.
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by Inik(m): 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2013
A very nice speech but it is coming from the wrong person
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by lekkie073(m): 1:36pm On Apr 19, 2013
Inik: A very nice speech but it is coming from the wrong person
u r a wrong person too... cry
Inik: A very nice speech but it is coming from the wrong person
u r a wrong person too...
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 19, 2013
As a NIgerian...and as someone that should be looking forward to take the mantle of leadership from our current leaders....am disgusted at some of the tribal slurs going on here.

Here we have some people without the faintest idea of what politics entail casting different aspersions on the personality of Asiwaju...

You may hate him, you may not love his gut..and you can as well hate his looks....but you cannot deny that without this man and some few other men....the PDP as a party would have wreck havoc on this entity call Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu’s Rousing Speech At The ACN Convention by EkoIle1: 1:56pm On Apr 19, 2013
Seeing the usual suspects still camped in this thread, it must be a sad day on NL for the usual trolls, suspects and Ibo hate peddlers.

God bless y Asiwaju Tinubu and whatever Asiwaju is doing that's killing these ibo losers, please keep doing it, keep driving them crazy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Supreme Court Affirms Election Of Abdulazeez Yari As Governor / I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness / Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.