Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie (42082 Views)

Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos / Chimamanda Adichie's Article On The Oba Of Lagos Saga / Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by biolabee(m): 1:07am On Jun 30, 2013
I.Joan:

Feminism lost its meaning along the way!...
If I was an adult in the 60's I would have fought for women's rights because it made sense then and it was a just cause with a well defined meaning!
But now, what exactly are you fighting for?
... It's all garbage!!!
Nothing is stopping any woman from doing anything she wants to do now! So, what are you actually fighting for?

Im interested in this question
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by toshmann(m): 1:08am On Jun 30, 2013
I.Joan:

If I was an adult in the 60's I would have fought for women's rights because it made sense then and it was a just cause with a well defined meaning!
... It's all garbage!!!
Nothing is stopping any woman from doing anything she wants to do now! So, what are you actually fighting for?

Your answer is loading. . . . . . . . .!

2 Likes

Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by 99cent: 1:08am On Jun 30, 2013
I.Joan:

But now... It's all garbage!!!

Hhahahaha. Again, you just showed us another side of your ignorance. the 60s feminism is actually the most hated of all feminism today!
today's feminists are very mild by comparison.
ever heard of gloria steinem? they were fighting for women's rights in the HOME. what more way can u piss men off!!! men who feel that the home is the place they have control over.
of course the first wave feminists of the beginning of the 20th century were also morbidly hated in their time.

I love how people start to talk nostalgically about things that have passed. yet when similar things are going on right under their nose, they pretend not to see it. rubbish.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by toshmann(m): 1:09am On Jun 30, 2013
davidylan:

i couldnt even respond to her post. I had no idea what she was talking about. grin She just seems to be posting sha... no regard for logical flow.

Haha grin
She say you follow for those anti feminists wey go burn some women for Kenya grin

FBI is coming! grin
Get ready grin
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 30, 2013
99cent:

Hhahahaha. Again, you just showed us another side of your ignorance. the 60s feminism is actually the most hated of all feminism today!
ever heard of gloria steinem? they were fighting for women's rights in the HOME. what more way can u piss men off!!! men who feel that the home is the place they have control over.
of course the first wave feminists of the beginning of the 20th century were also morbidly hated in their time.

I love how people start to talk nostalgically about things that have passed. yet when similar things are going on right under their nose, they pretend not to see it. rubbish.

I find it interesting how you completely avoided her rational response only to hurl insults at her. If this is the new feminism then i'm not surprised reasonable women like her avoid it like the plague.

5 Likes

Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by biolabee(m): 1:11am On Jun 30, 2013
Feminist the name
Insults the game

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by 99cent: 1:12am On Jun 30, 2013
davidylan:

I find it interesting how you completely avoided her rational response only to hurl insults at her. If this is the new feminism then i'm not surprised reasonable women like her avoid it like the plague.

please help me point out the rational in it because i do not see it.
seems like u might be better at interpreting her post for sense.

she probably don't even know what 60s feminism means for her to make the claim she did grin
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:13am On Jun 30, 2013
I.Joan I salute. Thanks the Gods women like c.four are a minority. And the plan of action stops on Nl.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by toshmann(m): 1:13am On Jun 30, 2013
99cent is truly entertaining cheesy

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Miscellanous: 1:15am On Jun 30, 2013
davidylan:

perhaps because most are already totting 3 kids before they are 19 for 3 different fathers? I wont marry them too.

why won't you marry them? You can bed them anyways.people like you are hideous

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by 99cent: 1:17am On Jun 30, 2013
biolabee:

Im interested in this question

feminism is an ideology.
there isn't currently any feminist wave at the moment. u don't see women going out in the streets fighting for rights.
although they are doing so and taking one case at a time

here is an example:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/26/texas-abortion-bill_n_3501005.html

same way you have anti-racists. but there isn't any black civil rights movement going on at the moment. which is not equal to say that an anti-racist ideology doesn't exist.

unless you don't know what ideology means and need me to explain that to you?
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Miscellanous: 1:17am On Jun 30, 2013
davidylan:

That is a fact that majority of them come from broken homes. You can bury your head in the sand all you want.

Why do you call me a misogynist? I suppose others are not allowed to have an opinion other than yours?

From reading your post you are a sad misogynist.

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by toshmann(m): 1:17am On Jun 30, 2013
Heheeeee

Miscellaneous lol, just registered to nairaland, jumped into the thread grin
Yawa don gas grin
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by biolabee(m): 1:19am On Jun 30, 2013
99cent:

feminism is an ideology.
there isn't currently any feminist wave at the moment. u don't see women going out in the streets fighting for rights.
although they are doing so and taking one case at a time

here is an example:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/26/texas-abortion-bill_n_3501005.html

same way you have anti-racists. but there isn't any black civil rights movement going on at the moment. which is not equal to say that an anti-racist ideology doesn't exist.

I heard about the woman that spoke for ten hours
Wat exactly was the issue n this 20 week limit
Is it Good thing or a bad thing
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:20am On Jun 30, 2013
99cent:

Y'all just engage in unnecessary fights!
Since time immemorial,a woman has the most power in the home!

Give me example of such 'similar things' going on presently where you stay?

2 Likes

Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by biolabee(m): 1:20am On Jun 30, 2013
toshmann: Heheeeee

Yawa don gas grin

More like an old moniker on a mission
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by toshmann(m): 1:20am On Jun 30, 2013
biolabee:

I heard about the woman that spoke for ten hours
Wat exactly was the issue n this 20 week limit
Is it Good thing or a bad thing

Bc unborn babies no fit talk na, they can't form their own movement.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by druid06(m): 1:22am On Jun 30, 2013
@99cent and Miscellaneous. You guys are showoffs. Most definitely you're one and the same person. I bet you just knew the meaning of misogynist and you both decided to use this against your rivals as a way to prove about your ''intelligence''. And you call yourselves educated... Pathetic!
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Miscellanous: 1:22am On Jun 30, 2013
davidylan:

I dont get your point. This is mine in a nutshell:

1. A 2-parent household in black communities is possible, i see them ALL the time.

2. Black single mothers are only "disadvantaged in society" BECAUSE they choose to. If you have a baby at 15 and end up dropping out of high school please blame yourself and not society. The same society you think puts you at a disadvantage is the only reason you can even survive with that child... you know our taxes and all.

3. single mothers who CANNOT financially support their kids should head to the nearest adoption center. It is SELFISH to keep a child you know you cannot provide a decent chance at life.

4. If you want to get married you will find someone... except of course you are more interested in ephemeral attributes like "swag", light skin and all...

5. Calling others names just because they dont agree with you makes you sound very immature.

Are you a human being at all?It tells of your inferiority complex.Take the log of wood out in your eyes about name calling before you take out the peck from the eyes of others.oloshi buruku

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by 99cent: 1:23am On Jun 30, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I.Joan I salute. Thanks the Gods women like c.four are a minority. And the plan of action stops on Nl.

LOL. if you live in the USA like I do then you should be shaking in ur pants.
the short term goal is to get USA to have gender equality much like iceland does!

if u don't like it, start saving up for a plane ticket to move to saudi arabia!
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:27am On Jun 30, 2013
99cent:

she probably don't even know what 60s feminism means for her to make the claim she did grin

Sis!
I have to mention this again.... NO ONE WILL TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY IF YOU HURL INSULTS !
Not everyone will have the same mentality as you!
I respect your hustle as you should respect mine... I'm just saying your hustle has lost its meaning and is absolutely unnecessary here!

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by 99cent: 1:27am On Jun 30, 2013
druid06: @99cent and Miscellaneous. You guys are showoffs. Most definitely you're one and the same person. I bet you just knew the meaning of misogynist and you both decided to use this against your rivals as a way to prove about your ''intelligence''. And you call yourselves educated... Pathetic!

druid, druid, druid, how many times did I call you?
stop making senseless stuff up and posting randomly like a fool.
enough of your insults and accusations.
also, stop embarrassing yourself. are you done preparing the list of 1000 female CEOs and Presidents that you mentioned earlier were ruling the world?? the feminist Illuminati that you talk about? where is the list? I am still waiting.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by biolabee(m): 1:28am On Jun 30, 2013
I.Joan:

Sis!
I have to mention this again.... NO ONE WILL TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY IF YOU HURL INSULTS !
I respect your hustle as you should respect mine... I'm just saying your hustle has lost its meaning and is absolutely unnecessary here!

Me likey 100+
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:30am On Jun 30, 2013
I just have one question for the men on this thread saying they believe ingender equality.

Can a woman lead a home? Do you believe that women can assume positions of leadership over their husbands in the home?

Thanks for answering. Please try to base your answer on logical arguments and not religious scriptures.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by 99cent: 1:31am On Jun 30, 2013
I.Joan:

Sis!

well, maybe you need to also not hurl insults yourself. your first post toward me was "lonely feminist. get a dog!!"
if that's not an insult I don't know what is.
maybe u should go and grow thick skin if you cannot stand to be rebuffed because I have not even insulted you once! now what if I insult you the way you insult me, will u start crying?
pls grow up!!

of course you don't have the same mentality as me. that's why this topic is a way to DEBATE. if you can't support your arguments then don't post it. I see holes in the arguments you make and I point them out. if you take that as an insult, then maybe you should not be here in the first place. I will not exchange insult with you. that's for sure.

also, if you are not sure if what I said is insultive, check google and do a search. ex the "trojan horse" metaphor that you took ignorantly as an insult. your friends have been defending you quite well so far, so might as well, just sit back and let them do the posting when you get back to coding.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:32am On Jun 30, 2013
Wow, Ijoan, you are reaalllyyy trending on this thread. The guys just love you smiley

I would like for you to also answer my last question.

And while you're at it, tell me whether you are going to bear your husband's name after marriage or whether he is going to bear your own name. Please give reasons for your answers. Thanks.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by biolabee(m): 1:32am On Jun 30, 2013
toshmann:

Bc unborn babies no fit talk na, they can't form their own movement.
Haha.... u mean women want to abort a 5 month old foetus and still clean mouth

Demonic....

So this is the bastion of feminism... abort anyhow

No wonder dr death gosnell thrived

Brood of baby killers....
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by 99cent: 1:36am On Jun 30, 2013
IJOAN, I see you are proud to be the anti-feminist hero. the person woman haters will point out as proof that women don't want rights. nice job!!

again, the house slave is a worse obstacle to the field slave than the slave master himself.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:38am On Jun 30, 2013
99cent:

you dont know it either. You claimed that it was part of the black civil rights movement. Actually no it was part of the anti-war movement in the late 60s and 70s.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Miscellanous: 1:38am On Jun 30, 2013
toshmann: Heheeeee

Yawa don gas grin

Toshmann you guys should stop insulting people with different views
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by biolabee(m): 1:38am On Jun 30, 2013
Still cant do without insulting...

Deal with her points
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:39am On Jun 30, 2013
Miscellanous:

Are you a human being at all?It tells of your inferiority complex.Take the log of wood out in your eyes about name calling before you take out the peck from the eyes of others.oloshi buruku

I have no idea what this woman is ranting about. Did you lose a stocking? Are you a single mom?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (42) (Reply)

Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded / Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom / "Why I No Go Make Yanga": Dino Melaye Steps Out In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.