Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,996 members, 7,849,007 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:20 PM

We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie (42104 Views)

Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos / Chimamanda Adichie's Article On The Oba Of Lagos Saga / Postponed Elections: Chimamanda Adichie Is Angry! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:39am On Jun 30, 2013
Miscellanous:

Toshmann you guys should stop insulting people with different views

huh shocked
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by 99cent: 1:39am On Jun 30, 2013
you talk about how you are proud of 60s feminist. u did not realize that 60s feminists were hated. and the picture below show the kind of woman the men used as evident for why women should not have careers. you call yourself a coder. I wonder if you would call yourself an anti-feminist coder in the 50s

[img]http://3.bp..com/_hek7hKOiBvY/TFuYDmHns1I/AAAAAAAAADA/LdX7Qp0X_tg/s320/01324.jpg[/img]
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by 99cent: 1:40am On Jun 30, 2013
when a man says "get back to the kitchen"
they are saying it thanks to the many women anti-feminists who said that they enjoyed being in the kitchen. as a result women who didn't were all of a sudden the radical women who should be hated.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by biolabee(m): 1:41am On Jun 30, 2013
Miscellanous:

Fresh...

You registered a new id to insult people
Is davidy your target

Wats ur mission
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:42am On Jun 30, 2013
99cent: when a man says "get back to the kitchen"
they are saying it thanks to the many women anti-feminists who said that they enjoyed being in the kitchen. as a result women who didn't were all of a sudden the radical women who should be hated.

the point is this... many women are fine with traditional gender roles... it is ok if you want to be the one raking in the money while your husband washes the dishes. To each his own.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by 99cent: 1:42am On Jun 30, 2013
biolabee:

Fresh...

Is davidy your target

Wats ur mission

at least she/he has not targeted you.
wonder why "insult" is your new word of the day.
even posting a smiley face has become an insult to this weenie.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:42am On Jun 30, 2013
For heaven's sake, did nobody see my questions? Abi am I not important like Ijoan? grin grin grin

Anyway I want the men on this thread to please answer this question;

fellis: I just have one question for the men on this thread saying they believe ingender equality.

Can a woman lead a home? Do you believe that women can assume positions of leadership over their husbands in the home?

Thanks for answering. Please try to base your answer on logical arguments and not religious scriptures.
biolabee:

Fresh...

Is davidy your target

Wats ur mission

my brother... people like this are best ignored.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Miscellanous: 1:42am On Jun 30, 2013
davidylan:

I have no idea what this woman is ranting about. Did you lose a stocking? Are you a single mom?

Single mum or not you sound hideous and come across as a sad frustrated black misogynist. Come down from your high horse
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by 99cent: 1:43am On Jun 30, 2013
fellis: For heaven's sake, did nobody see my questions? Abi am I not important like Ijoan? grin grin grin

good question, mate cool
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:43am On Jun 30, 2013
This one is for Ijoan that was claiming that women now have equal rights and opportunities as men;

fellis:

I would like for you to also answer my last question.

And while you're at it, tell me whether you are going to bear your husband's name after marriage or whether he is going to bear your own name. Please give reasons for your answers. Thanks.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Miscellanous: 1:44am On Jun 30, 2013
davidylan:

my brother... people like this are best ignored.

Biolabee why all the attack against single parenthood and black people in the hood and ghetto?
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:44am On Jun 30, 2013
fellis: For heaven's sake, did nobody see my questions? Abi am I not important like Ijoan? grin grin grin

The dynamics for every couple is different. Some do it 50:50, some like it 70:30, some like it 20:80... there is no one-size fits all formular. To each his own.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:44am On Jun 30, 2013
99cent:

good question, mate cool

wink
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by 99cent: 1:45am On Jun 30, 2013
Online feminist activists scored an impressive victory on Tuesday when Facebook formally responded to the joint coalition between Women, Action & the Media, Everyday Sexism, and activist Soraya Chemaly, requesting that Facebook “take concrete, effective action to end gender-based hate speech on its site.” The social media effort resulted in over 60,000 tweets and 5,000 emails to advertisers, imploring them to boycott Facebook unless Facebook agreed to change their policies around images and language of gender-based violence and hate speech.

For all intents and purposes, the campaign seems to have worked, as Facebook made a public statement agreeing to review and update their guidelines on appropriate content and a vow to work directly with coalition of feminist activists who created this campaign, among other specifics. This response is proof of the power that grassroots activist efforts have. Online feminists have scored similar victories in their collective response to last year’s debacle in which the Susan G. Komen Foundation announced plans to defund Planned Parenthood, a decision they quickly reversed in light of fierce online backlash, much of which was led by feminist activists. Facebook’s commitment to change is another feather in the cap of online feminists.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by biolabee(m): 1:46am On Jun 30, 2013
Miscellanous:

Biolabee why all the attack against single parenthood and black people in the hood and ghetto?

Where do u stand
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:47am On Jun 30, 2013
toshmann:

Your answer is loading. . . . . . . . .!
she dodged it as usual
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by toshmann(m): 1:47am On Jun 30, 2013
Miscellanous:

And where did I insult you?
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:47am On Jun 30, 2013
fellis: I just have one question for the men on this thread saying they believe ingender equality.

Can a woman lead a home? Do you believe that women can assume positions of leadership over their husbands in the home?

Thanks for answering. Please try to base your answer on logical arguments and not religious scriptures.

If she has the strength to! I would say go for it! Nothing is stopping you...

fellis:

I would like for you to also answer my last question.

And while you're at it, tell me whether you are going to bear your husband's name after marriage or whether he is going to bear your own name. Please give reasons for your answers. Thanks.

I will bear a compound name because it's my choice and he can make any decision concerning that as he pleases!
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by druid06(m): 1:47am On Jun 30, 2013

Reason why all of the dudes here ignore the paraphrased question is because we don't believe in inequality in whatever form. You asked men who believe in gender inequality to respond, none gave you a response so that should be an answer to your ridiculous question.

By the way, marriage is not an organization or a form of government. I don't think the role of men in the household is that of the ''leader'' as you used but the head or guardian. They are two different entities and meaning differently
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:48am On Jun 30, 2013
davidylan:

The dynamics for every couple is different. Some do it 50:50, some like it 70:30, some like it 20:80... there is no one-size fits all formular. To each his own.

So you are saying women can lead their husbands in the house? Good, thanks for answering.
Assuming a woman leads a man in his house do you think the man will be respected by his peers or do you think he will be ridiculed and reffered as an effeminate man for letting his wife lead him? Let's assume the couple lives in Africa.

I am waiting for biola and toshmann to answer before I mention the reason why I asked.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by toshmann(m): 1:48am On Jun 30, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:
she dodged it as usual

No she didn't dodge the question, the answer is still loading . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5% . . . grin
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:48am On Jun 30, 2013
99cent: I'm lonely and desperate.
they know, they know
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:49am On Jun 30, 2013
druid06:

Reason why all of the dudes here ignore the paraphrased question is because we don't believe in inequality in whatever form. You asked men who believe in gender inequality to respond, none gave you a response so that should be an answer to your ridiculous question.

Okay o, sorry. Let me rephrase the question, do you believe women can be head of the family just like men? smiley
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:50am On Jun 30, 2013
toshmann:

No she didn't dodge the question, the answer is still loading . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5% . . . grin
lwkd oooo
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:50am On Jun 30, 2013
toshmann:

you go wait tire.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Miscellanous: 1:51am On Jun 30, 2013
biolabee:

Where do u stand

Deceitful sad black colored men living in america and envious of lighter skinned dudes with swag cursing feminist and poor people in the ghetto should get down from their high horse.
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by biolabee(m): 1:51am On Jun 30, 2013
fellis:

So you are saying women can lead their husbands in the house? Good, thanks for answering.
Assuming a woman leads a man in his house do you think the man will be respected by his peers or do you think he will be ridiculed and reffered as an effeminate man for letting his wife lead him? Let's assume the couple lives in Africa.

I am waiting for biola and toshmann to answer before I mention the reason why I asked.

Sorry I will not respond....
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by biolabee(m): 1:52am On Jun 30, 2013
Miscellanous:

Deceitful sad black colored men living in america and envious of lighter skinned dudes with swag cursing feminist and poor people in the ghetto should get down from their high horse.

Huh??

Is this a stand..... which old poster are you... adabeke?
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:52am On Jun 30, 2013
99cent: IJOAN, I see you are proud to be the anti-feminist hero. the person woman haters will point out as proof that women don't want rights. nice job!!

again, the house slave is a worse obstacle to the field slave than the slave master himself.

You keep giving me different labels...

What rights do you want? ? ? ?

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by 99cent: 1:53am On Jun 30, 2013
women aren't stupid. majority of women in USA are actually feminist. at about almost 60%.
an even larger majority are democrats. while the concentration of the anti-feminist women are republican.
this is why when sexist politics get into women issues, women are not so stupid as not to see it. in this case, women voted with their legs. literally!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLBKAS_AeBM
Re: We Should All Be Feminists- Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 1:53am On Jun 30, 2013
I.Joan:

If she has the strength to! I would say go for it! Nothing is stopping you...

Yea, so assuming you are the head of your family and you live in Africa will you let your friends and family know that you are the head of the house and you have authority over your spouse? Will you make it public or keep it hidden?

I will bear a compound name because it's my choice and he can make any decision concerning that as he pleases!

You will bear a compound name but you will still take up his name along with yours, he is not bearing your name. YOU ARE BEARING HIS, compound or not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (42) (Reply)

Governor Udom Escapes Death As Church Building Collapses In Akwa Ibom / How I Knew That Leaked Phone Call Between Obi & Oyedepo Was Fake – Chuks Akunna / Ahmed Magaji Or Yekini Amoda Ogunlere Which Is Bola Tinubu's Real Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.