Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:39 AM

Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? (23525 Views)

Is Nigeria Really The Gaint Of Africa? / Is Nigeria Really This Bad? / Is Nigeria Really The Richest Country In West Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 12:56am On Apr 26, 2013
abifoluwa: what does the National Anthem says again? remind me? for your info, i am a patriot to my home-town. now lets get back to business, how is your company business going, you this akara seller, billy the goat
The fact that you can not remember National Anthem and the fact that you say you are a patriot to your home town is an indication that you are an illiterate, and I hate to chat with illiterates cos they are always emotional. Patriotism has to do with nations not villages, Please I will not be able to exchange words with you any further due to this revealing low IQ. Have a good nite in your basement.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by marex: 12:58am On Apr 26, 2013
This writer is obviously high on cheap and adulterated drugs. Anyway, I blame you not, whatelse would one who travelled with the thieving bandwagon,"the good governance" crew come up with outside this lying piece of crap shit. I dare you to embark on this exercise on your own without all of those apparatus of state you & your thieving crew enjoyed.....bagger lizard! angry

Abegi make I continue drink my ooooooooooooh....mpa! ......joor

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 26, 2013
Billyonaire: Then let them shut the f/uck up! They are driving foreign investors away! If they love their country, they are supposed to help build it and not expose the weaknesses instead of the stregths. For me, this fight is personal cos am a businessman, and it hurts me to learn from overseas partners that Nigeria is not safe and most of these information are spearheaded by these Diasporans who visit press houses abroad to paint bad images and sit online to write rubbish. They are iscariots!

My good sir, look at the following statistic from the World Bank..

Nigerians abroad send home more then 10,000,000,000, thats 10billion dollars every year...so yeah...I think they are building the country.....Now its time to expose the weakness so it can be fixed...and nigerian can be built on solid foundation not corruption....so Relax....
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Iceslizer(f): 12:59am On Apr 26, 2013
Rossikk:

Why are you quoting Maiduguri and Kano? The writer himself stated clearly that those were areas where insurgents operate. His point was that Maiduguri and Kano constitute less than 0.2% of Nigeria, and therefore ought not be used to categorise the entire country as unsafe. I think he makes a great point.

As for armed robbery, LET'S GET ONE THUING STRAIGHT, RIGHT HGRE, RIGHT NOW:

99.99% MINIMUM of Nigerians who travel our roads every day and night arrive safely and comfortably at their destinations. The fear of harm is greater than the scale of its occurrence.

Chei!!! shocked shocked shocked What then makes up the remaining 99.98%... Gongola state? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 1:00am On Apr 26, 2013
Who is safeguarding the Nigerian people? The Nigerian police force?

In an effort to determine the top crime fighting agency in Nigeria, The president narrowed the field to three finalists:
the SSS, the Army, and the Nigerian Police force.
The three contenders were given the task of catching
a rabbit which was released into the forest.

The SSS went into the forest. They placed animal informants throughout. They questioned all plant and mineral witnesses. After three months of extensive investigation they concluded that rabbits do not exist

The Army went into the forest. After two weeks without a capture, they burned the forest killing everything in it, including the rabbit. They made no apologies. The rabbit deserved it.

The Nigerian police went into the forest. They came out two hours later with a badly beaten bear. The bear was yelling, " Okay, Okay, I agree, I'm a rabbit, I'm a rabbit!"

3 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 1:01am On Apr 26, 2013
payless:

The answers to your questions are Zero to nothing, bro.

I think you might be right....so Ill have to conclude that Nigeria is not safe... Abi im i wrong?
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by fckyourman: 1:03am On Apr 26, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

My good sir, look at the following statistic from the World Bank..

Nigerians abroad send home more then 10,000,000,000, thats 10billion dollars every year...so yeah...I think they are building the country.....Now its time to expose the weakness so it can be fixed...and nigerian can be built on solid foundation not corruption....so Relax....

where did you get your absurd statistics from.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by fckyourman: 1:04am On Apr 26, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

I think you might be right....so Ill have to conclude that Nigeria is not safe... Abi im i wrong?

you're wrong.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Allohrandy(m): 1:05am On Apr 26, 2013
[b]I observed that most of those saying that the western countries like USA and UK is safe have never traveled out of Nigeria or are just biased.. I dont blame them because before I traveled out of Nigeria, I used to think that Nigeria is the most unsafe and worse country in the world. I currently live in Oakland California which is often call the murder capital of America. This city is control by the Mexican drug cartel and black American gangs. Infact, the murder rate here in Oakland, California is like 2 murder everyday. In-fact a Nigerian Mrs Doris Chibuko was shot to death last year in Oakland.. The problem with America is that any psycho or Mad Man can easily buy a gun; buying a gun here is as easy as going to buy food in Buka or a restaurant.. America has a big gun problem..There is no day that innocent people are not rob over here and just like in Lagos breaking into people home is very very common here.. I guess that the reason most people spend like $30 a month on home alarm systems to protect their home from arm robbers. My friend was robbed in January at gun point and his car was stolen here in America, we was glad he wasnt harm or shot. Also cities like Detroit and south-side Chicago are as unsafe like Ajegunle Lagos.. I think most part of Nigeria are really safe, I served my NYSC at a village in Enugu and I dont usually locked my door when I go out. I also never experienced any killing or robbery throughout my stay in the village. Apart from some part of Lagos, most western states are safe and I think its only few states like those boko haram States that are unsafe but generally Nigeria is relatively safe Country and better then most countries in the world.. Those that believe Nigeria is unsafe should try spend 1 month in Somali, Syria or even Mexico, after your stay I bet you will all be praying to come back to Nigeria[/b]

10 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by abifoluwa: 1:06am On Apr 26, 2013
Billyonaire: The fact that you can not remember National Anthem and the fact that you say you are a patriot to your home town is an indication that you are an illiterate, and I hate to chat with illiterates cos they are always emotional. Patriotism has to do with nations not villages, Please I will not be able to exchange words with you any further due to this revealing low IQ. Have a good nite in your basement.
LMAO, embarassed embarassed grin grin. tf, u are an emotional sappy ass, messing with your brain is fun, i have to conclude--YOU ARE A BASTARD
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 26, 2013
fckyourman:

where did you get your absurd statistics from.

I clearly said "my good sir, look at the following static from Word Bank..
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by gothrones(m): 1:10am On Apr 26, 2013
Billyonaire: Then let them shut the f/uck up! They are driving foreign investors away! If they love their country, they are supposed to help build it and not expose the weaknesses instead of the stregths. For me, this fight is personal cos am a businessman, and it hurts me to learn from overseas partners that Nigeria is not safe and most of these information are spearheaded by these Diasporans who visit press houses abroad to paint bad images and sit online to write rubbish. They are iscariots!

Foreign investors? I laugh in 200B.C. Swahili. When you guys have constant electricity and when the rule of law is enforced, then all others will follow.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by GeneralJ(m): 1:11am On Apr 26, 2013
.s
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 1:11am On Apr 26, 2013
Allohrandy: [b]I observed that most of those saying that the western countries like USA and UK is safe have never traveled out of Nigeria or are just biased.. I dont blame them because before I traveled out of Nigeria, I used to think that Nigeria is the most unsafe and worse country in the world. I currently live in Oakland California which is often call the murder capital of America. This city is control by the Mexican drug cartel and black American gangs. Infact, the murder rate here in Oakland, California is like 2 murder everyday. In-fact a Nigerian Mrs Doris Chibuko was shot to death last year in Oakland.. The problem with America is that any psycho or Mad Man can easily buy a gun; buying a gun here is as easy as going to buy food in Buka or a restaurant.. America has a big gun problem..There is no day that innocent people are not rob over here and just like in Lagos breaking into people home is very very common here.. I guess that the reason most people spend like $30 a month on home alarm systems to protect their home from arm robbers. My friend was robbed in January at gun point and his car was stolen here in America, we was glad he wasnt harm or shot. Also cities like Detroit and south-side Chicago are as unsafe like Ajegunle Lagos.. I think most part of Nigeria are really safe, I served my NYSC at a village in Enugu and I dont usually locked my door when I go out. I also never experienced any killing or robbery throughout my stay in the village. Apart from some part of Lagos, most western states are safe and I think its only few states like those boko haram States that are unsafe but generally Nigeria is relatively safe Country and better then most countries in the world.. Those that believe Nigeria is unsafe should try spend 1 month in Somali, Syria or even Mexico, after your stay I bet you will all be praying to come back to Nigeria[/b]

God Bless You!

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 1:11am On Apr 26, 2013
Allohrandy: [b]I observed that most of those saying that the western countries like USA and UK is safe have never traveled out of Nigeria or are just biased.. I dont blame them because before I traveled out of Nigeria, I used to think that Nigeria is the most unsafe and worse country in the world. I currently live in Oakland California which is often call the murder capital of America. This city is control by the Mexican drug cartel and black American gangs. Infact, the murder rate here in Oakland, California is like 2 murder everyday. In-fact a Nigerian Mrs Doris Chibuko was shot to death last year in Oakland.. The problem with America is that any psycho or Mad Man can easily buy a gun; buying a gun here is as easy as going to buy food in Buka or a restaurant.. America has a big gun problem..There is no day that innocent people are not rob over here and just like in Lagos breaking into people home is very very common here.. I guess that the reason most people spend like $30 a month on home alarm systems to protect their home from arm robbers. My friend was robbed in January at gun point and his car was stolen here in America, we was glad he wasnt harm or shot. Also cities like Detroit and south-side Chicago are as unsafe like Ajegunle Lagos.. I think most part of Nigeria are really safe, I served my NYSC at a village in Enugu and I dont usually locked my door when I go out. I also never experienced any killing or robbery throughout my stay in the village. Apart from some part of Lagos, most western states are safe and I think its only few states like those boko haram States that are unsafe but generally Nigeria is relatively safe Country and better then most countries in the world.. Those that believe Nigeria is unsafe should try spend 1 month in Somali, Syria or even Mexico, after your stay I bet you will all be praying to come back to Nigeria[/b]

Did you just point out that you attended college and did NYSC in Nigeria with this your kangaroo spoken English? OMG! With this your spoken English, I can see why criminals are all over you in Oakland. By the way, why are you still in Oakland and not Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 1:12am On Apr 26, 2013
gothrones:

Foreign investors? I laugh in 200B.C. Swahili. When you guys have constant electricity and when the rule of law is enforced, then all others will follow.
Enough said. A country where the policemen don't even know left from right, that is the country that is safe. I laugh in Icelandic.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by GeneralJ(m): 1:13am On Apr 26, 2013

BULLSHIT, dude oakland isn't even that bad, have you ever been to New Orleans, or even Cookcounty, illinois very bad places man, just google them google crime stats and everythign
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 1:14am On Apr 26, 2013

grin grin grin grin

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Allohrandy(m): 1:14am On Apr 26, 2013
payless:

Did you just point out that you attended college and did NYSC in Nigeria with this your kangaroo spoken English? OMG! With this your spoken English, I can see why criminals are all over you in Oakland.
my brother, this is not an English Class and I am not writing my thesis either. besides do you think most Americans speak good English

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by fckyourman: 1:14am On Apr 26, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

I clearly said "my good sir, look at the following static from Word Bank..

Yeah word bank there is no such thing as word bank. It's world bank
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by abifoluwa: 1:16am On Apr 26, 2013
ItsModella:
Enough said. A country where the policemen don't even know left from right, that is the country that is safe. I laugh in Icelandic.
grin grin
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 1:17am On Apr 26, 2013
fckyourman:

Yeah word bank there is no such thing as word bank. It's world bank

Bro relax...its called a typ-o..it happens......
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by abifoluwa: 1:17am On Apr 26, 2013
I am out of here lol, billy the goat, keep lying to yourself. i have finals this week and the next, just wanted to catch some fun. thanks for entertaining me tho, u are a comedian. i give you that grin grin
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Allohrandy(m): 1:17am On Apr 26, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

grin grin grin grin
I dont have anything to gain by proving to you that I live in California.. better go to bed now
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 1:18am On Apr 26, 2013
gothrones:

How much Electricity do I need to build a Tank Farm, thats why I said most of you are sick in the head. Did you care to know if my investments need constant electricity ? ...Going to bed, like we have drug heads online at this hour.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 26, 2013
Hey, ANYBODY HERE LIVE IN TEXAS? HOWDY!!! TO YOU
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by obailala(m): 1:20am On Apr 26, 2013
fckyourman:

Doesn't the western world arrrest and kill innocent citizen.
doesn't the western world have kidnappers to
doesn't the western world is facing islamic insurgency. look at al-qeada
doesn't the western world faces armed robber look at the news

Answer my questions ?

It's unfortunate that very many Nigerians reason like you do. Someone says Nigeria is corrupt and your defence would be, "there is corruption in every nation of the world"... now you are here comparing the RATE of kidnapping in Nigeria to what is obtainable in other countries.... If perhaps you were being interviewed on CNN, your argument may be acceptable considering that you have to protect the nation's image however you are presently in a Nigerian forum which is full of Nigerians who live in Nigeria and experience the insecurity first hand...Patriotism is good but sometimes we just have to tell ourselves the truth

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by tellwisdom: 1:20am On Apr 26, 2013
Billyonaire: Hey, it got on your nerves right ? Truth is bitter. Nigeria is safe for us oh, and we are cashing in and making billions. At 21 I was already a millionaire and my first billion was at 31 and Nigeria is unsafe. I pity you mentally poor people, its the reason you will always be slave to the white man. I guess Oyibo land is safe and your home country is not. Cos you see nothing good about yourselves. When you look in the mirror, you see a slave in you. Moronic persona non grata.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by RealMccoy2(m): 1:23am On Apr 26, 2013
Nigeria is only safe for those catching crumbs from the government, although majority of them have their kids living in foreign countries.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by collynzo2(m): 1:24am On Apr 26, 2013
Godogwu:

How about the people that died in boston, the cinemas, sandy hook, the stabbings in colleges in the US...pleasee!!!! here's a bench \_____

True talk, but those living there will have us believe the country is safer than Nigeria. A country where retards move around freely with guns killing for fun. I don't blame them, when one of them falls victim to, they will know how safe Nigeria is

3 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 1:25am On Apr 26, 2013
ItsModella:

Hey do you live in iceland?

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Joeblis(m): 1:25am On Apr 26, 2013
just got fed up with Some dumb comments here..most of you that are insulting nigerian police have never have an ecounter with the police in US maybe you should try them then you'll know nigerian police is truly your freind.
now i need someone to define a "safe country" country for me

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

1500 APC Members In Katsina Defect To PDP (Photos) / Governor Inuwa-Yahaya Nominates Husseina, Goje’s Daughter As Commissioner, Gombe / President Buhari Condoles With King Sunny Ade Over Death Of His Wife, Risikat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.