Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,285 members, 7,829,647 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? (23487 Views)

Is Nigeria Really The Gaint Of Africa? / Is Nigeria Really This Bad? / Is Nigeria Really The Richest Country In West Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 2:13am On Apr 26, 2013
iykak47: If US is safe why do they always protect themselves with guns? undecided undecided

Thats part of the reason THE U.S is very very safe....the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS 200 YEARS MORE ADVANCE THAN NIGERIA and 200X more secure...SO PLEASE STOP COMPARING THE TWO COUNTRIES... ILL SUGGEST YOU GO TO SLEEP NOW OK....
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by fckyourman: 2:14am On Apr 26, 2013
bomly: Safety in terms of Road

The roads are Bad: To a large extent we know this

Light: Light is safety, because if we have street lights then we feel a little confidence moving at night

Homes: You need real fence each time you are in possession of large sum, infact you have to sleep with one eyes open

My dear friend, Nigeria is safe but not safe. WE NEED SECURITY

Look at your exaggeration who sleeps with their eyes open ?

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by collynzo2(m): 2:14am On Apr 26, 2013
iykak47: If US is safe why do they always protect themselves with guns? undecided undecided

Good question, despite the thousands of gun related violence and murder in America, they are not willing to accept any gun control legislation whatsoever, no one is willing to give up his or her gun, so much for a safe country? How many Nigerians see the need to own and move around with a gun to feel safe? I heard the number of guns in America is more than the population itself, why? Before anyone complains about the comparisons, it was started by the Nigerians who say they live in America.

6 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by fckyourman: 2:14am On Apr 26, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Thats part of the reason THE U.S is very very safe....the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS 200 YEARS MORE ADVANCE THAN NIGERIA and 200X more secure...SO PLEASE STOP COMPARING THE TWO COUNTRIES... ILL SUGGEST YOU GO TO SLEEP NOW OK....

Mr.Man this your defending american, were you born there.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 2:15am On Apr 26, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
On a grade scale of 1 being laughable and 10 being highly equipped, I rate Nigeria (-)10 for police equipment.

Does Nigeria even have a criminal profiling unit, a witness protection program, etc?

Dumbzzz Nigerians think guns are the only things police officials need.

ARE YOU IN TEXAS?
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 2:17am On Apr 26, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

ARE YOU IN TEXAS?

That has nothing to do with the topic, no offense.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by chiefkeef: 2:20am On Apr 26, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

You are dreaming to be in Texas you just wish. You're staying in your village claiming to be from America, who will name them self a state just to make people believe there are from there

4 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 2:21am On Apr 26, 2013
chiefkeef:

You are dreaming to be in Texas you just wish. You're staying in your village claiming to be from America, who will name them self a state just to make people believe there are from there

Cool story, bro.

And shame on you for using an alternative ID.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 2:23am On Apr 26, 2013
fckyourman:

Mr.Man this your defending american, were you born there.

was i born here? dont question me about safety in THE U.S i have access to all the statistics and i have first hand experience....im not ignorant to the facts....i know the facts..... so relax
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by collynzo2(m): 2:23am On Apr 26, 2013
chiefkeef:

That's the beauty of a faceless forum like Nairaland
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Allohrandy(m): 2:24am On Apr 26, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by bomly(f): 2:24am On Apr 26, 2013
fckyourman:

Look at your exaggeration who sleeps with their eyes open ?

Man no disrespect, I slept with my eyes open. In all honesty never you compare Nigeria to USA in terms of security or development. We will never be able to meet this people in our generation, maybe the generations to come would tryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, they really need all the speed in this life to overtake them, but everyone typing here today may never be able to see that happen. Individual preference also matter but real time security I beg I nor fit shout ooooo USA is safer than Nigeria as for Today
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by biafranqueen: 2:29am On Apr 26, 2013
You sound like a very civilized educated person we clap for you..My nephews are far to educated and well trained to mix with such low life scum keep dreaming we only marry with other humans
Alyricist★Laura:
Biafra Fiend, I Might be a Nutcase, and all that...But Yo Goddamn Bulbous Nose Ibo Nephew won't go within 7 feet of my Goddamn Daughter, Ill Blow his Fuqqing Face Off.

Ill Pull a Gun on a Savage in a Minute

I am a Civilized Human, far be it for me, to associate with Such Savage Breeds and Beast that Lurk Biafra!

3 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Allohrandy(m): 2:31am On Apr 26, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

was i born here? dont question me about safety in THE U.S i have access to all the statistics and i have first hand experience....im not ignorant to the facts....i know the facts..... so relax
Brother, So you are a cop in Texas. That is really nice.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 2:32am On Apr 26, 2013
bomly:

Man no disrespect, I slept with my eyes open. In all honesty never you compare Nigeria to USA in terms of security or development. We will never be able to meet this people in our generation, maybe the generations to come would tryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, they really need all the speed in this life to overtake them, but everyone typing here today may never be able to see that happen. Individual preference also matter but real time security I beg I nor fit shout ooooo USA is safer than Nigeria as for Today

Last time I was in Nigeria, I was in my early teenage years, not ven in High school yet.
That shoity azz country scares the bejizuz out of me.
As we started unpacking our bags from Departure, one guy just came and pick up two of our bags as if we send am.
The thief was so brave o. In the middle of the day, with police around.
Police go just point gun anyhow. And they treat you like a criminal just because you just came from Amelikka. These cops literally had us unzipping our bags in the MIDDLE OF THE ROAD. Going through our stuff. WTF? This was wayyyyyyyy before 2006 o, so it definitely wasnt because of boko haram, na greed.
I promised myself never to go to Nigeria again. If not because I'm a true Ekiti girl, in love with her state and kinsmen, you think I'll ever think to break that promise (in the future)?
Next time I go to Nigeria, best believe it, I'm buying my own AK-47 for all those morafuckers angry angry angry
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by biafranqueen: 2:33am On Apr 26, 2013
Mr Man so u be Police is that u?
Mr knowitall.:

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by iykak47: 2:34am On Apr 26, 2013
gothrones:

You are a person. We do not always protect ourselves with guns; however, we do have a constitutional right to bear arms.
Useless ape answer me. Do you use gun to protect yourself or to decorate your home?
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 2:39am On Apr 26, 2013
nigeria is not safe, period, but it's not a warzone, STRAWMAN.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 2:40am On Apr 26, 2013
biafranqueen: Mr Man so u be Police is that u?

yeah its me...thats why i was asking who lives in texas...anyways later...im removing my pic....

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by biafranqueen: 2:46am On Apr 26, 2013
lol
Mr knowitall.:

yeah its me...thats why i was asking who lives in texas...anyways later...im removing my pic....
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by biafranqueen: 2:56am On Apr 26, 2013
My Dear Ghana brother as you know in America money can buy you freedom and connections can clean up a mess..Look at Boston because he is a Saudi son of a hot shot he was sent home like all the family's of the 911 attack...People like OJ because of money can get off people like Trevon get no justice....I travel early in the morning to an from Nnewi and habe never had a problem how many ties have you traveled to the east? How many times have you had problem in Nigeria when you are from Ghana anyway.... SO you are claiming that your senior officer never gave favor to a bad rich boys parents or that you dont experience racism as an African and a Black Man in Texas Police Force. My inlaw works for jail in Texas and tell me the story of racism in Texas Police force your nothing to them stop pretending like its all good! My nephew is a police in DC right now and he tells me stories for real
Mr knowitall.:

Hello my good sir, here are some of the things you should look at....

Infrastructure...the police ability to investigate a crime properly....how well equip and trained the police are.....how safe it is to travel at will irregardless of time.......how functional is the justice system.......how does the government react to crime....those are some of the things.....now can you answer these questions?

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 2:59am On Apr 26, 2013
biafranqueen: My Dear Ghana brother as you know in America money can buy you freedom and connections can clean up a mess..Look at Boston because he is a Saudi son of a hot shot he was sent home like all the family's of the 911 attack...People like OJ because of money can get off people like Trevon get no justice....I travel early in the morning to an from Nnewi and habe never had a problem how many ties have you traveled to the east? How many times have you had problem in Nigeria when you are from Ghana anyway.... SO you are claiming that your senior officer never gave favor to a bad rich boys parents or that you dont experience racism as an African and a Black Man in Texas Police Force. My inlaw works for jail in Texas and tell me the story of racism in Texas Police force your nothing to them stop pretending like its all good! My nephew is a police in DC right now and he tells me stories for real

Let's not pretend that 10x worse incidents dont happen in Nigeria.

For example your politicians and their "fake" court hearings. . . .

Where's Bankole, Ifeanyi Uba and Farouk lawan today?
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by iykak47: 3:00am On Apr 26, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Dont you ever in your darest NL life compare security in Developed nation to security in third-world nation like Nigeria.

Ever!!
Ileke Idi, this is not about first world or third world nation. You can not change the fact that thousands of gun related deaths are recorded in US every year.

5 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by marabout(m): 3:01am On Apr 26, 2013
We hear too many things o for that contr3 ooo.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by bomly(f): 3:06am On Apr 26, 2013
Okay let us close the topic until Nigeria has constant power supply then we will see how many years it will take us to reopen it.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 3:06am On Apr 26, 2013
iykak47: Ileke Idi, this is not about first world or third world nation. You can not change the fact that thousands gun related deaths are recorded in US every year.

Yes........with development comes developed world problems. I'm not going to argue your point, because you're indeed correct.
However, most gun-related incident are domestic incident. i.e wife shooting husband or kids playing with guns.
Not saying any of this is any more safe than having police kill civilians like bugs (50 bodies discovered in Amansea/Ezu river, Anambra) with no logical explanation.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by iykak47: 3:12am On Apr 26, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Some of you defend US as if it is paradise, my friend, it is not.

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 3:16am On Apr 26, 2013
iykak47: Some of you defend US as if it is paradise, my friend, it is not.

If we were to compare Nigeria to USA, then USA is sadly paradisaical.

Sorry, that's just the sad truth.

Unfortunately, racism in America is more apparent and deadly than tribalism in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by biafranqueen: 3:19am On Apr 26, 2013
Texas Diva girl I hear you all I am saying is that everybody experience is not the same I have been going to Nigeria for 25 years the last 4 three times a year like I said when I am in the village I wear wrapa and slippers and stylish traditional for party in Village. So many guys come with big cars and dressing designer fits then wonder why they get robbed when in rome do as Romans. It was worst 10 even 5 years ago things have to change my dear and they have. 10 years ago when these guys thief you won't even know about it Uba is from my town and so is Coschairs if you know how many people money Coschairs steal how many family he bankrupt you will know what you do comes back to you.... So many co-workers and family lose home because of 419 mortgage scam so many people life damaged who went to jail?
Texas.Cowgirl:

Let's not pretend that 10x worse incidents dont happen in Nigeria.

For example your politicians and their "fake" court hearings. . . .

Where's Bankole, Ifeanyi Uba and Farouk lawan today?

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by bomly(f): 3:20am On Apr 26, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

If we were to compare Nigeria to USA, then USA is sadly paradisaical.

Sorry, that's just the sad truth.

Unfortunately, racism in America is more apparent and deadly than tribalism in Nigeria.

this thread is meant to answer the question is Nigeria really unsafe?

When compared to the USA with some factors, then NO it is not

When compared to Haiti and South Sudan Yes it is
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by biafranqueen: 3:22am On Apr 26, 2013
Prisoners that no one claimed armed robbers and they helpers I know for sure!
Texas.Cowgirl:

Yes........with development comes developed world problems. I'm not going to argue your point, because you're indeed correct.
However, most gun-related incident are domestic incident. i.e wife shooting husband or kids playing with guns.
Not saying any of this is any more safe than having police kill civilians like bugs (50 bodies discovered in Amansea/Ezu river, Anambra) with no logical explanation.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 3:23am On Apr 26, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Im offended....Ill keep my eyes on you

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Lilian Onoh Received As Ambassador Of Namibia In A Special Ceremony (Photos) / Ben Bruce Shades Buhari For Overthrowing Shagari's Administration In 1983 / Afenifere To Fulani Vigilantes: Leave South-West Now Or Face Hostility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.