Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (427338 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chiwuike20: 8:00am On Nov 22, 2013
G2Glory:

Congratulations, it's not too early to get your preparation in top gear. Gather all the necessary documents.

Success await you IJN.
Thanks dear, I strongly believe God is certainly going to help us get thru all dis successfully. God speed
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 8:01am On Nov 22, 2013
blessed512: HELP! HELP!! HELP!!!
Dear forumites, I'm a novice and I need ur advice. This is my story.
A friend gave me the dv lottery form to fill but turned out to be an agent wen he discovered that I'm selected, requesting for 300k cos he has d confirmation no and also intended to merge me (a single lady) with someone else (fake marriage), which I rejected. I gave him some amount which made him allow me to fill the forms and sent them via DHL in Sept. Few days ago I received a mail frm KCC stating that some info are missing on my DS230 form, which happened to be my marital status and spouse's infos.
1. The agent is not aware of the mail sent to me and he is still requesting for 200k.
2. How do I fill the DS 230 form indicating the missing info?
3. Can I send it via mail since the initial forms were sent via DHL?
4. I'm afraid of having different infos wt the previous one sent via DHL cos the agent filled in the address of someone he knew in US as the person I will be staying with, which I don't know. My CN is 2014AF00012***. Pls help me, I'm a novice.

Firstly, congratulation to you. You need to thread carefully so as to be consistent in the information you provided to KCC.

In d form you sent to KCC, did you specified your status as Married or Single? - this is starting point If your form stated Single, the case is easier & better.
The letter from KCC, were you asked to fill another form or just to respond to them via mail. I want us to be very careful in reaching final decision. Waiting to hear from you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 8:28am On Nov 22, 2013
A friend gave me the dv lottery form to fill but turned out to be an agent wen he discovered that I'm selected, requesting for 300k cos he has d confirmation no and also intended to merge me (a single lady) with someone else (fake marriage), which I rejected. I gave him some amount which made him allow me to fill the forms and sent them via DHL in Sept. Few days ago I received a mail frm KCC stating that some info are missing on my DS230 form, which happened to be my marital status and spouse's infos.
1. The agent is not aware of the mail sent to me and he is still requesting for 200k.
4. I'm afraid of having different infos wt the previous one sent via DHL cos the agent filled in the address of someone he knew in US as the person I will be staying with, which I don't know. My CN is 2014AF00012***. Pls help me, I'm a novice.

1- I bliv u have u'r case number with you so u don't need the agent anymore.
2- U will need to fill another DS form inother to state d missing info ( this can be done via email)
3- Relax U will change ur host address @ d embassy after a succesful interview and also @ d POE

Do all adjustment now, Ur case no is still far from being current.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by okeymen: 8:43am On Nov 22, 2013

This is a very interesting case and you will probably get a lot of advice from different people all saying the same thing in different ways so let me just give a summary.

1. You need to fill out another set of forms with the true information irrespective of what was in the former form.
2. You do not need the agent anymore if you know your case number and other details so you never have to pay him anymore money
3. If the guy gives you any trouble, you can send an email to the embassy and report him (maybe you should even do that upfront)
4. if you go through previous threads, you will see the way similar issues have been handled. read up from https://www.nairaland.com/1359935/u.s-consular-officer-ask-me/0#19686358 and https://www.nairaland.com/927190/dv-2013-winners-meet-here/168

wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by okeymen: 8:53am On Nov 22, 2013
TCPonly:
I think it is possible b/cos jollyiwin was interviewed on thursday and collected on wednesday which is 4 working days.
And I was interviewed on friday and it is ready now(thursday) which is also 4 working days.

Thanks men, i am really hoping it works that way for me too. my interview will be on a Monday and i cant stay beyond Friday/Saturday in Lagos.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bendam: 9:45am On Nov 22, 2013
All praise to God Almighty. Visa approved to my family.details soonest

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 9:52am On Nov 22, 2013
bendam: All praise to God Almighty. Visa approved to my family.details soonest

Congrats congrats congrats...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jigga40(m): 10:09am On Nov 22, 2013
Congratulations! Tank God!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bobjackson: 10:23am On Nov 22, 2013
Obatide:

Good responds, but in addition, if its GCE, collection is based on the Zone where the exam was written because they have zonal offices in OGBA, YABA, IKORODU, OJO etc, so if u could post where (Area) the exam was written & the Year (because they have schedule) you may get more responses. Otherwise, when You get to OGBA office, you will be directed to where you will collect it, if not there.
It costs 1500 Naira, but u may budget 2500
Hope it helps?
thanks guys
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 10:33am On Nov 22, 2013

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin wink
Yeahhhhh! Congrats.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by powerfuljc: 10:35am On Nov 22, 2013
Good morning Dear Forumites,
I wish to e-mail kcc for not have received my 2NL for my case number: 2014AF000069** that have been current since November and my bio-data forms have been sent since July and received by the kcc on same July 27,2013. My question is that I want to use another new email address to contact them instead of the one in my bio-data form to kcc, bcs the email address in my bi-data form refuse to opened. Please hope there is no penalty if I should use new email address to contact them. can somebody help me out.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Madu77(m): 10:39am On Nov 22, 2013

May the name of the Lord be praised. Congrats and may it be permanent in Jesus Name. Goodlook as you are making preparations to move for better.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 10:41am On Nov 22, 2013
Congratulations. There is wonderful & i wish others awaiting their inteview all the best IJN.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Daudsmart: 10:41am On Nov 22, 2013
powerfuljc: Good morning Dear Forumites,
I wish to e-mail kcc for not have received my 2NL for my case number: 2014AF000069** that have been current since November and my bio-data forms have been sent since July and received by the kcc on same July 27,2013. My question is that I want to use another new email address to contact them instead of the one in my bio-data form to kcc, bcs the email address in my bi-data form refuse to opened. Please hope there is no penalty if I should use new email address to contact them. can somebody help me out.
There should be no penalty, in as much u quote ur CN, full name and DOB correctly. Hope this helps?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Wellton(m): 10:55am On Nov 22, 2013
Please house I need your assistance. My form was received on the 8th July, I updated the form on 30th August, Case no: 2014AF000018** I have not received my 2NL yet. I Emailed KCC on the 19th Nov this was their response

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of January. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

I have also called KCC yesterday they said that my form is still processing

What do you think I should do now.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by mrrule: 11:10am On Nov 22, 2013
Please those who have gone for their police report .I need contact of 3k
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 11:22am On Nov 22, 2013

Hallelujah!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by geogec: 11:27am On Nov 22, 2013
Gud day mr forumites, am new on this forum but I need some help here. 1. My wife was selected but there are some area we are having challenges 1. The D of B in her GCE result is not her really D of B. So what do we do about it. 2. I want to know she should be expecting her 2NL her no is 2014******88 and if the letter comes hw long will it take you to go for the interview. 3 the medical test and the police clearance can one do it and get it one week to the interview date. Thanks please I need ur response
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by geogec: 11:28am On Nov 22, 2013
Gud day mr forumites, am new on this forum but I need some help here. 1. My wife was selected but there are some area we are having challenges 1. The D of B in her GCE result is not her really D of B. So what do we do about it. 2. I want to know she should be expecting her 2NL her no is 2014******88** and if the letter comes hw long will it take you to go for the interview. 3 the medical test and the police clearance can one do it and get it one week to the interview date. Thanks please I need ur response
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by okeymen: 11:28am On Nov 22, 2013
Wellton: Please house I need your assistance. My form was received on the 8th July, I updated the form on 30th August, Case no: 2014AF000018** I have not received my 2NL yet. I Emailed KCC on the 19th Nov this was their response

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of January. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

I have also called KCC yesterday they said that my form is still processing

What do you think I should do now.

you have done what you can. leave the rest to God and make sure you have unrestricted access to your email. though the vision tarry, it will surely come to pass
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by okeymen: 11:31am On Nov 22, 2013
geogec: Gud day mr forumites, am new on this forum but I need some help here. 1. My wife was selected but there are some area we are having challenges 1. The D of B in her GCE result is not her really D of B. So what do we do about it. 2. I want to know she should be expecting her 2NL her no is 2014******88** and if the letter comes hw long will it take you to go for the interview. 3 the medical test and the police clearance can one do it and get it one week to the interview date. Thanks please I need ur response

what you need is to patiently and thoroughly go thru this post from page zero. you will benefit immensely and become an instant guru in cases like ours
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 12:11pm On Nov 22, 2013
geogec: Gud day mr forumites, am new on this forum but I need some help here. 1. My wife was selected but there are some area we are having challenges 1. The D of B in her GCE result is not her really D of B. So what do we do about it. 2. I want to know she should be expecting her 2NL her no is 2014******88** and if the letter comes hw long will it take you to go for the interview. 3 the medical test and the police clearance can one do it and get it one week to the interview date. Thanks please I need ur response

Greetings!

1. The DOB thing in WAEC certificates is not unique to her, so an affidavit from the court would just take care of that.
2. The way the bulletin is going lately is kinda unpredictable to me now, but all things being equal, she should be current say February tentatively, if not March. So it is when she checks every 10th of every month here: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html and discovers she's current before she starts expecting her 2NL. 2NL normally arrives at least 4-6 weeks to interview. It can be earlier than that sometimes anyway. This gives you ample time to put all civil, academics, etc documents in order.
From (2) above, I think you should be able to deduce when to start expecting 2NL.
3. Yes you can do it one week before interview, but to be on a safe side, I advice 2 weeks before interview as most forumites that have gone for interview did, you don't wanna have any eventualities, do you?

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 12:17pm On Nov 22, 2013
Nice one!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Wellton(m): 12:18pm On Nov 22, 2013
okeymen:

you have done what you can. leave the rest to God and make sure you have unrestricted access to your email. though the vision tarry, it will surely come to pass

thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Firewami: 2:05pm On Nov 22, 2013
Thank alot for all ur numerous counsels on this forum, pls do i still need to print the back code sheet and submit it with our application, is it a must? The reason is that the agent that played for us does not want to release the confirmation code to us and without the confirmation code i can't have access to the back code sheet. The agent is pestering me for N200k, which i'v being persuading him to wait until d visa is granted, can i go ahead with processing since i have case number and selection letter with me?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 2:39pm On Nov 22, 2013
Firewami: Thank alot for all ur numerous counsels on this forum, pls do i still need to print the back code sheet and submit it with our application, is it a must? The reason is that the agent that played for us does not want to release the confirmation code to us and without the confirmation code i can't have access to the back code sheet. The agent is pestering me for N200k, which i'v being persuading him to wait until d visa is granted, can i go ahead with processing since i have case number and selection letter with me?

Check ur selection letter that's with u, ur confirmation number is there... Use d confirmation number to reprint another selection letter+bar code page online urself with dis website:- http://dvlottery.state.gov/ESC
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 2:53pm On Nov 22, 2013
Firewami: Thank alot for all ur numerous counsels on this forum, pls do i still need to print the back code sheet and submit it with our application, is it a must? The reason is that the agent that played for us does not want to release the confirmation code to us and without the confirmation code i can't have access to the back code sheet. The agent is pestering me for N200k, which i'v being persuading him to wait until d visa is granted, can i go ahead with processing since i have case number and selection letter with me?

Good day!
Submitting your documents: Submit each completed form listed above and photographs for yourself and your family members to the address below. In addition, be sure to include the barcode sheet from your original selectee notification letter. excerpt from http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4759.html

The selection letter you referred to above which I have seen, is suppose to include the bar code as well. But in case you need to print it out yourself from the net, good news is that you can do that without having your confirmation code. If you know the email address, date of birth and full name used in the initial eDV entry, you can go here: https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/%28S%283ir1sj4545m0noz2tg3wyf31%29%29/Secure/RetrieveConfirmation.aspx to get your 1NL.

With this, you can say bye bye to the f.a.g.g.o.t agent. He's not needed.

Takia!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by toye88: 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2013
Hi Guys,

Please what is the Alien number (A-Number) and the Department of State (DOS) Case ID number
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Kaybaba65(m): 2:56pm On Nov 22, 2013
Congratulations to your family,the good Lord will perfect all that concerns you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2013
toye88: Hi Guys,

Please what is the Alien number (A-Number) and the Department of State (DOS) Case ID number

Alien Registration Number (“A” Number) or Alien Number
A unique seven-, eight- or nine-digit number assigned to a non-citizen at the time his or her A-file is created. The 9-digit U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services number listed on the front of Permanent Resident Cards (Form I-551) issued after May 10, 2010, is the same as the Alien Registration Number. The A-number can also be found on the back of these Permanent Resident Cards.
You can find the A-number by reading the visa. Below IV Case Number, you will see Registration Number. This number is the A-number. The A-number should be 9 digits including the A. If it is 8 digits, just add a "0" between A and the following number.
To get the DOS ID number, you need to open an account on USCIS ELIS
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bendam: 3:27pm On Nov 22, 2013
Co :GD morning, finger print and swear
Us :did
Co:are you the winner
me :yes
co :you highest level of education
me :........
co:year and course
Me:..
Co:ask my wife wen did you get marry
Wife:....
co:what is the year of birth of son
wife :.....
both answer today is his birthday
co:whoa ...smiled....happy birthday to him
Son:smiled and continue with his business of talking
Co:you wrote two Waec
me:yes
Co:what do you do
me :working
Co:as what
me......
Co: returned the original docs, brought out two papers circled, explain it and later said congratulations
Thanks to God for.the success and a birthday gift to our son
also thanks to the pple of this great forum

What do y

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 3:30pm On Nov 22, 2013
bendam: Co :GD morning, finger print and swear
Us :did
Co:are you the winner
me :yes
co :you highest level of education
me :........
co:year and course
Me:..
Co:ask my wife wen did you get marry
Wife:....
co:what is the year of birth of son
wife :.....
both answer today is his birthday
co:whoa ...smiled....happy birthday to him
Son:smiled and continue with his business of talking
Co:you wrote two Waec
me:yes
Co:what do you do
me :working
Co:as what
me......
Co: returned the original docs, brought out two papers circled, explain it and later said congratulations
Thanks to God for.the success and a birthday gift to our son
also thanks to the pple of this great forum

What do y
I rejoice with you and ur family. Congrats!

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (264) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.