Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,912 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827910 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 10:03pm On Jun 17, 2015
g00dfelas:

Thanks for your response.
I have another question and I will appreciate your guidance.
I have read here on nairaland where people said they used their pension account statement as POF.
How is this done? Do I simply ask IBTC to print my RSA statement? or how exactly.
saskatchewan sinp require one to submit POF in addition to being certified with the provice's regulatory body for the profession.
Do you know anyone that has used this with SINP
I am planning to apply for EE next month (hopefully) so your guidance will be highly appreciated.

So I heard too but I think it might be possible as long as it can be adjudged to be funds you won't have problem accessing. What I used to know (not sure if its still like that) about SINP requirement for POF is that the total amount required should have been resting in the account 3months prior to your application so, if what you have in your RSA 3months prior to now is a bit ok, you may use it. However, those who I've read their account of using it seemed to have other pof in addition

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 10:10pm On Jun 17, 2015
ihaveadream:

Don't know if you've got the info already, here's my 2 cents. A friend tried to change her middle and surnames but the immigration guys in Abj said it's not possible as there's a separate application to change fore and middle names. Change of married name, according to my contact, applies only to the surname. Adiòs!

Thanks for that info. Don't mind the immigration officer, she ought to have made us know there's another procedure to that, she just said it can't be changed. Meanwhile, I won't mind if you can help contact your contact to advise on what to do. What I'm presently thinking is it should not be a problem since I'm the principal applicant
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 10:13pm On Jun 17, 2015
Momoluwa:

Wow thanks ya'll, information overload. Here ooo......are you suggesting I send just my OND and HND, leaving out the ICAN\ACCA?

Yes, I suggest that
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekicedar: 10:50pm On Jun 17, 2015
berexio1:
PM me. I will try to send some materials to your mail. When are you writing?

Pls kindly send to cedar4real@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by g00dfelas: 5:54am On Jun 18, 2015
JesusDWay:

So I heard too but I think it might be possible as long as it can be adjudged to be funds you won't have problem accessing. What I used to know (not sure if its still like that) about SINP requirement for POF is that the total amount required should have been resting in the account 3months prior to your application so, if what you have in your RSA 3months prior to now is a bit ok, you may use it. However, those who I've read their account of using it seemed to have other pof in addition
Yeah I thought so too. But overall, that should not be an issue for me.
One more question - a VERY silly question so please pardon me in advance wink
I have OND; Bsc and MSc.
I have sent my BSc and MSc transcript to WES. But I am tempted to contact them about my OND. Do you think this is worth it? Will I get any benefit (point) for another post secondary education if I add my OND? People in the pool are doing everything possible to improve there points. So, maybe I may get a few points more if I add my OND. But not sure if it will count since I already added my Bsc and Msc.
What is your opinion on this?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ejirostephen(m): 7:51am On Jun 18, 2015
g00dfelas:

Yeah I thought so too. But overall, that should not be an issue for me.
One more question - a VERY silly question so please pardon me in advance wink
I have OND; Bsc and MSc.
I have sent my BSc and MSc transcript to WES. But I am tempted to contact them about my OND. Do you think this is worth it? Will I get any benefit (point) for another post secondary education if I add my OND? People in the pool are doing everything possible to improve there points. So, maybe I may get a few points more if I add my OND. But not sure if it will count since I already added my Bsc and Msc.
What is your opinion on this?

It is fine you have already sent your BSc and Msc. Unfortunately you will only get mark for the highest qualification which is the Msc. That would fetch you 23 points (crs). Adding your Ond would only boost your documents and waste more time but not a jot added to your points.

From experience.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Edgeoftomorrow(m): 9:44am On Jun 18, 2015
Can someone please help me with a list of documents that would be required when filling out your application online after getting the invitation to apply, probably documents like employment certificates etc...please
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by keni: 10:36am On Jun 18, 2015
But how does the pension statement satisfy as proof of funds when you actually cant access that funds till you retire?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by gists: 11:04am On Jun 18, 2015
keni:
But how does the pension statement satisfy as proof of funds when you actually cant access that funds till you retire?
Obviously, a number of people have used it successfully - at least to get started
solomonwis:

Retirement savings account (RSA) are acceptable as proof of settlement fund (and people have used it in time past successfully) - I must warn here that this is acceptable to obtain/secure PER at the CIO level. You might however be asked to show proof that this money is readily available to you prior to the conclusion of the processing of your application at a later stage at the VO level. The onus lies on the applicant therefore that this money is readily available/transferable.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by abyurla(f): 1:02pm On Jun 18, 2015
@keni
You can access 25% of it if you are unemployed for at least 4 months
http://www.stanbicibtcpension.com/?page_id=387 check withdrawal enquiries

@solomonwis
Proof of availability is the confirmation from the Pension fund that 25% of your fund is available 4 months after you resign, in which case you have an ITA and successfully scaled thru the entire CIC process and ready to jet out.

I want to ask about proof of funds, if i use a current account balance as part of my POF, what do the CIC folks look for when conducting their checks, are they going to verify with the bank that i had the funds as at statement date or as at the date they are checking. Remember i'm asking about current account. I have other sources as part of my POF but i'm concerned about my current account because the balance keeps moving up and down

keni:
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ihaveadream: 3:10pm On Jun 18, 2015
JesusDWay:

Thanks for that info. Don't mind the immigration officer, she ought to have made us know there's another procedure to that, she just said it can't be changed. Meanwhile, I won't mind if you can help contact your contact to advise on what to do. What I'm presently thinking is it should not be a problem since I'm the principal applicant

Sure will let you know if I get through. Adiòs!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Humblega(m): 6:48pm On Jun 18, 2015
please is there any1 here who did ielts in ibadan centre?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Humblega(m): 6:50pm On Jun 18, 2015
berexio1:
PM me or send me ur email..
please help send ielts materials to garfry4eva@yahoo.com.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Phemmie72: 11:01pm On Jun 18, 2015
Please, send it to femmy4u2000@yahoo.com. Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Phemmie72: 11:04pm On Jun 18, 2015
Please, send to femmy4u2000@yahoo.com. Thanks a lot. [quote author=fibonacciseries post=34130925][/quote]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by peacemaranatha(m): 1:50pm On Jun 19, 2015
pls i need also the ietc material, peacemaranatha54@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Shayo5: 1:53pm On Jun 19, 2015
I wrote mine in Ibadan July
Humblega:
please is there any1 here who did ielts in ibadan centre?
last year
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Humblega(m): 2:39pm On Jun 19, 2015
Shayo5:
I wrote mine in Ibadan July
last year
july lS long. I want to confirm about d use of headsets and hw gud d centre is. Do u knw any1 that did it there in recent days (ds year)? Bcs I hrd headsets tins were just introduced
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by nevilmathew: 3:40pm On Jun 19, 2015
berexio1:
PM me or send me ur email..

Hi,

Thank you for helping out. Could you please mail me too @ profnevz@gmail.com

Appreciate that brother
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by luvly3(f): 1:20am On Jun 20, 2015
hi, sorry for the late response, I am thinking of writing by July 25th....sent you a pm ...thanks

berexio1:
PM me. I will try to send some materials to your mail. When are you writing?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by luvly3(f): 1:26am On Jun 20, 2015
meta4:
I finally got my electronic copy of my ECA from ICAS after almost 6 months. The report has been sent by courier to me.....Now i can make my application....So excited like i got my passsport pick up mail. Anyway, that the picture i see and i know it will come to pass very soon.

By the way, I am thinking of applying to Nova Scotia but the number they are looking for is quite low about 350 slots. what are my chances and what do i stand to lose if i also apply to another province along with Nova Scotia?

looking forward to frank advises.

Thanks guys.

wow, it took 6 months to get your ECA from ICAS? thats crazy...did anyone else have this kind of delay with ICAS? I am feeling discouraged now because I am thinking of using ICAS, the thought of waiting for 6 months jeez... just wishing I did not attend UNIPORT...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by luvly3(f): 5:14am On Jun 20, 2015
oh wow...apparently WES now evaluates degrees from UNIPORT yayyyy....I am so happy..
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bolinchin: 5:30am On Jun 20, 2015
Hello all.does anyone know how WES verifies documents from FUNAAB?Is it by email or courier?Secondly my savings is not enough to serve as proof of fund but I have relatives who are willing to give me the money once I have my ITA.Is this acceptable.Cc: Jesusdway and zandora.Tax for your prompt response
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Edgeoftomorrow(m): 1:25pm On Jun 20, 2015
Hello @solomonwis,Moe Grease to you elbow,Please do you have a sample of how the experience reference letter should be written in,a friend of mine told me it must be written in a particular format.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Edgeoftomorrow(m): 1:35pm On Jun 20, 2015
Hello @solomonwis,More Grease to your elbow,Please do you have a sample of how the experience reference letter should be written,a friend of mine told me it must be written in a particular format
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by flobo: 2:10pm On Jun 20, 2015
Guys please who knows if WES always write to one's institution to verify the transcript and the letter that is written is it via e-mail or hard copy mail to the instituition
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 6:32pm On Jun 20, 2015
flobo:
Guys please who knows if WES always write to one's institution to verify the transcript and the letter that is written is it via e-mail or hard copy mail to the instituition

Email for some of the first generation schools and private schools I think, paper mail for others and I mostly know that of UI and I think UNN for now which are by email. I suggest you ask your school to provide an email on the cover letter for your transcript, asking should WES require verification, they can request it through that email. WES has stated on their website though, that the email must be one they can find on the school's website.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 6:39pm On Jun 20, 2015
Edgeoftomorrow:
Hello @solomonwis,More Grease to your elbow,Please do you have a sample of how the experience reference letter should be written,a friend of mine told me it must be written in a particular format

As long as the letter contains your start date, your job title, job details, number of hours per week and your money earned per annum, your supervisor or boss and his\her contact details(phone number and i suggest email as well) those who will write the letter will know how to frame something around those details. If you have held different positions, the letter must state all those details for each of the positions with start and end dates for each position with the exception of supervisor(it should be sufficient to mention one, if you still work with the company).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Adesiji77: 6:51pm On Jun 20, 2015
Cc:JesusDway, Solomonwis, damkollins
Below is the timeline of verification of my educational qualifications with ICAS;

03/02/2015 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
02/10/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
02/03/2015 Additional Info / Documents Received
01/14/2015 Application Received

Don't you think that this is taking too long? Is it normal? It is getting me worried
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 10:48pm On Jun 20, 2015
Adesiji77:
Cc:JesusDway, Solomonwis, damkollins
Below is the timeline of verification of my educational qualifications with ICAS;

Don't you think that this is taking too long? Is it normal? It is getting me worried

If you have read the comments of those who used ICAS here, you would have seen from their experience that it took them 6months to get their ECA done. If we are to use that for you, 6months will be 15th July. So, may need to continue to pray. The only reason why I see anyone using ICAS is if WES doesn't evaluate results from your school otherwise, I don't see why anyone will patronize them
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANIMATION: 6:35am On Jun 21, 2015
Is there any NOC 2281 accra VO applicant in the house,
has any NOC 2281 FSW 2014 applicant received medical request
pls tell your application receive date and medical request date I have been looking for any NOC 2281 applicant for ages
please help
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 6:39am On Jun 22, 2015
Congrats bros...we pray to join you in testimony section soon.
Did you appear in Accra for any interview?
henryosas:
My timelines below:

See my timelines below:

CIC application submission: 5th june, 2014

Debit card charged: 8th oct 2014

PER: 27th OCT, 2014

MR: 27th FEB, 2015

Medicals done: 6th MARCH, 2015

Additional doc sent: April 10th 2015

PPR: 25th May, 2015

Passport sent: 30th May, 2015

Pickup mail: june 12th, 2015

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.