Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,229 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829771 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dupyshoo: 9:41am On Aug 08, 2015
Hi Castrogee,

Check the post from someone explaining the whole process.

Hope you find it useful.

YamPower:

It's all on the CIC site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

But...

(Please note that this info does not apply to the Federal Skilled Trades Program)

1) Determine your eligibility by doing this CIC quiz http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

2) Get your language test(s) done. [/b]You must get at least CLB 7 in each of the four sections for the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC) streams. But getting CLB 10 gives you maximum points for language.

How does CLB match back to the language tests? That info is here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

[b]3)
Get your qualifications assessed by doing an Education Credential Assessment. Details here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

4) Determine the code that best applies to you on the National Occupation Classification (NOC) list http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

The occupation must be NOC 0, A, or B for FSW or CEC.

5) When you have those in hand you create your express entry profile. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp and register for the Job Bank http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng

You'll be given points based on your age, education, number of years work experience, and language skills. The points system is detailed here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

You'll be in a pool with thousands of other applicants http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/pool.asp

Of course, the more points you have the better. The max is 1200, with 600 of those points coming from  your ability to snag a PNP or a job offer with a very hard to get Labour Market Impact Assessment http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp

For CEC applicants, the max is 600 but someone who has no work experience in Canada who is only eligible for FSW can only get up to 520 points.

6) Finally, wait for your invitation to apply (ITA). But in the interim you will need to do the following:

a) Have your application fee (C$550 each for principal applicant and spouse) and right of permanent resident fee (C$490 each for principal applicant and spouse) ready
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

b) Identify how you will provide[b] proof of funds [/b]http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

c) check out what is required for the police certificates [/b]http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

d) find out how long it takes to get a date for the[b] medical exam
. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

e) contact previous and current employers about them providing job letters. You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week. Work experience while you were a full-time student does not count.  

f) research cities in the province(s) where you want to live.

castrogee:
Forumites,

Please I need an explanation on how the Skilled Migrant program works. But before I proceed; let me give a little background of myself. Currently I'm rounding off my MSc program in the US, and usually after the completion of an MSc program in the US, international students like me are given one year grace to work in the states.

However, having lived in the West (America) I know that as an Immigrant your chances start the moment you become a permanent resident. Conversely, to be a permanent resident (for my visa status) I need at least to stay legal in the US for eight years - many of my friends don't mind staying that long - but for me; I don't see myself staying in the states for eight straight years just to be a permanent resident.

When I evaluated my choices, I discovered that the best thing for me is to migrate to Canada, thankfully Canada has all the goodies America offers, and even more in certain aspects. Now, I am almost done with MSc in Software Engineering, though i did my B.eng in Nigeria majoring in computer engineering. I want to enter into the CIC program but my problem is that right now I don't know how to go about it. Also I'm thinking of getting a paid job in Canada; that I think I can do through online application, and have the company sponsor me for a permanent resident.

Please I need a good Samaritan who can tell me all that is required for this program, and how long does it take for one to get a response.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by remmie02: 9:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
please i made a mistake by adding my wife's waec result for assessment by WES and now WES has directed us to.make sure waec sends the certificate directly to them.
how can we navigate this process because
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by slimmsyyetty: 11:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
pls house,

If asked, as an applicant applying alone (wit no spouse) the number of ur family members, can u say one, since u are the only one applying or u count all ur family members. tenks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 2:14am On Aug 09, 2015
slimmsyyetty:
pls house,

If asked, as an applicant applying alone (wit no spouse) the number of ur family members, can u say one, since u are the only one applying or u count all ur family members. tenks

You count all and then there's another section where you'll be asked if they will be coming with you. However know that regardless of if they'll be coming with you or not you'll still have to show proof of funds for all your family members.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by slimmsyyetty: 9:04am On Aug 09, 2015
zandora:

You count all and then there's another section where you'll be asked if they will be coming with you. However know that regardless of if they'll be coming with you or not you'll still have to show proof of funds for all your family members.

thanks, God bless you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by labiz001: 11:05am On Aug 09, 2015
slimmsyyetty:
pls house,

Hi disagree with Zandora. Your family size is one and POF is for one person. Your extended family is not concerned here. Request for parents and siblings are always state differently

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bissiejoe: 12:56pm On Aug 09, 2015
Good day house,
Please how do one process police certificate in Lagos?
Thanks in anticipation of your responses
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 09, 2015
labiz001:

Hi disagree with Zandora. Your family size is one and POF is for one person. Your extended family is not concerned here. Request for parents and siblings are always state differently

This is my understanding as well.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by slimmsyyetty: 1:30pm On Aug 09, 2015
labiz001:

huhhhhhh lala, already created a profile that involves a fam of 6, pls what do I do.....
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 1:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
bissiejoe:
Good day house,

Go to a alagbon beside immigration office ...you will get it. Take a day and cost 5k. Good luck.If you need a contact. ..PM me...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by slimmsyyetty: 1:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
bissiejoe:
Good day house,

go to immigration office at ikoyi(pls it's not d passport issuance branch). I think alagbon or so. dat was where I had mine done last year. from obalende, take a bus or keke napep and alight at Secretariat. d police station is not far from immigration office. dis is my kobo.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 1:54pm On Aug 09, 2015
slimmsyyetty:

huhhhhhh lala, already created a profile that involves a fam of 6, pls what do I do.....
LOL!!!!
Edit it if possible. ...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by slimmsyyetty: 1:56pm On Aug 09, 2015
bissiejoe:
Good day house,

mind you, I paid 5k (last yr July), but I advice u go with extra cash, depending on how u can negotiate with the officer dat will attend to u.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by slimmsyyetty: 1:59pm On Aug 09, 2015
ANBAKO:
LOL!!!! Edit it if possible. ...
I av used the ref code to create mycic acct frm the come to Canada tool
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by slimmsyyetty: 2:02pm On Aug 09, 2015
bissiejoe:
Good day house, Please how do one process police certificate in Lagos? Thanks in anticipation of your responses
I forgot to add again, go along with your intl passport and 2-4photograph
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 2:30pm On Aug 09, 2015
labiz001:

Oh I'm so sorry didn't read the question properly shocked. I thought he meant he had a spouse but wanted to travel alone. I myself applied as a single applicant and put the number of family members as 1.

Note to self: Always read questions properly before attempting to answer them.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by slimmsyyetty: 2:56pm On Aug 09, 2015
zandora:

Oh I'm so sorry didn't read the question properly shocked. I thought he meant he had a spouse but wanted to travel alone. I myself applied as a single applicant and put the number of family members as 1.

oh my GOD, so what should I do. I have use it to create mycic account
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by slimmsyyetty: 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2015
zandora:

please, can something still b done
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by slimmsyyetty: 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2015
labiz001:

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 6:01pm On Aug 09, 2015
slimmsyyetty:

Just create a new gc key account with a different email address.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:30am On Aug 10, 2015
slimmsyyetty:

oh my GOD, so what should I do. I have use it to create mycic account

Clarify if what they mean by family is the family you are born into or family dependants. It is dependants you need to show pof for not your parents and siblings. Would have been able to advise better but I don't remember much which section you had to answer that question. If it's in the process of filling your details after you've gotten EE Number and the profile is eligible, then you should be able to modify
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ejirostephen(m): 6:33am On Aug 10, 2015
Morning all, If i apply for a one year Certificate program in canadian university with a study leave letter as back up from my employer. Do i stand a good chance of getting the visa?

Note: I already have a bsc and an Mba + mega working experience.

I am already in the pool but needed to be on ground to boost points.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bissiejoe: 6:57am On Aug 10, 2015
ANBAKO:

Go to a alagbon beside immigration office ...you will get it. Take a day and cost 5k. Good luck.If you need a contact. ..PM me...

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bissiejoe: 7:02am On Aug 10, 2015
slimmsyyetty:

I forgot to add again, go along with your intl passport and 2-4photograph

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by riah: 7:28am On Aug 10, 2015
@ solomonwis, i recently decided to relocate with my daughters to canada, even though my husband willbe the principal applicant, he has no inyentions of staying put due to thw fact that he has a very good job with exxonmobil here in Nigeria. I have a masters degree from the university of sunderland Uk and my first degree is from ABU zaria.

My questions are
1) will my husbands intentions to stay back marr our chances of relocating with the federal skill workers program? he is a mechanical engineer while am a communications manager

2) which of my certificates do i send forth for ECA

I shall anticipate ypur replies, this thread has enlightened me greatly. thank u

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 11:17am On Aug 10, 2015
bissiejoe:

Thanks

Sent you PM.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 11:41am On Aug 10, 2015
riah:
@ solomonwis, i recently decided to relocate with my daughters to canada, even though my husband willbe the principal applicant, he has no inyentions of staying put due to thw fact that he has a very good job with exxonmobil here in Nigeria. I have a masters degree from the university of sunderland Uk and my first degree is from ABU zaria.

My questions are
1) will my husbands intentions to stay back marr our chances of relocating with the federal skill workers program? he is a mechanical engineer while am a communications manager

2) which of my certificates do i send forth for ECA

I shall anticipate ypur replies, this thread has enlightened me greatly. thank u

Firstly the conditions that need to be met for you to renew you PR status after expiration is that PR holder must be in Canada for a total of 2 years within the 5 years. That is the only constrain given your hubby is ready to the needful for you all to get PR.

Since your hubby is PA, then at least, he need to send in his Post secondary certificates for ECA. If you want to get extra point to complement his, then you need to do same for yourself.

I think WES is the organization with the best cycle time (Please correct me if I am wrong)

CC Solomonwis and other ogas in the house
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ejirostephen(m): 12:49pm On Aug 10, 2015
Anbako / Solomonwise et al, I need answers please.

Morning all, If i apply for a one year Certificate program in canadian university with a study leave letter as back up from my employer. Do i stand a good chance of getting the visa?

Note: I already have a bsc and an Mba + mega working experience.

I am already in the pool but needed to be on ground to boost points.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by riah: 2:13pm On Aug 10, 2015
@ ANBAKO, thank you very much for your express response. I am at a dilema though because i dont think it will be possible for my husband to be in canada for up to two years due to the nature of his job, is there anything i can do about this?

You didnt say which of my certiicates i should send to WES.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by slimmsyyetty: 2:22pm On Aug 10, 2015
JesusDWay:

Clarify if what they mean by family is the family you are born into or family dependants. It is dependants you need to show pof for not your parents and siblings. Would have been able to advise better but I don't remember much which section you had to answer that question. If it's in the process of filling your details after you've gotten EE Number and the profile is eligible, then you should be able to modify
thanks @JesusDWay,
I was asked when I checked my eligibility to get my ref code. As the principal applicant(single), i chose a family of 6 (as zandora suggested) to get my ref code n I used it to get mycic acct. Now I got anoda ref code with a family of one to recreate anoda mycic acct. it's the second one I now used to create my EE profile. Even in d EE profile, (under how many family members I have, including myself, I still chose one again), since am d principal applicant. So, av not involved my parents n siblings into my application. So please, hope am still correct.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 2:29pm On Aug 10, 2015
riah:
@ ANBAKO, thank you very much for your express response. I am at a dilema though because i dont think it will be possible for my husband to be in canada for up to two years due to the nature of his job, is there anything i can do about this?

Well if your husband cannot stay for those years then he will lose his permanent residency status. You'll have to file for him as a spouse or he will have to reapply for permanent residency again.

You are only required to assess your highest qualification and your Master's from the University of Sunderland is likely to be assessed as an equivalent of a Canadian Master's therefore you should only assess your Master's degree to avoid delays.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 2:36pm On Aug 10, 2015
riah:

Everything is possible if your husband and you wants. The 2 years must not be continuous. It may be 1 month, 2 months, 3 weeks, 6 months
I am also a Mechanical Engineer with also an American company based in Nigeria so I understand concern.

You will also need to evaluate your Masters and Bachelors degree certificates to get extra 10 points.

Has your hubby written IELTS?
Do you intend writing IELTS too - that gives extra 20 points
use the link below to estimate your points

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp#a2

Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.