Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,129 members, 7,829,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829740 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by riah: 4:22pm On Aug 10, 2015
@ ANBAKO, yes my husband intends writing ielts an so do i.

@ zandora, if my husband loses his permanent reaiency status as the primary applicant, does that affect the rest of us? will it stop our extension or citizenship? if yes please tell me i i should apply then as the principal applicant while he applies as spouse. although his field and experience will earn strong points and it will give us an upper hand in the pool.

please lete know
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by riah: 4:22pm On Aug 10, 2015

@ zandora, if my husband loses his permanent reaiency status as the primary applicant, does that affect the rest of us? will it stop our extension or citizenship? if yes please tell me i i should apply then as the principal applicant while he applies as spouse. although his field and experience will earn strong points and it will give us an upper hand in the pool.

please let me know soonest. thanks a whole lot

please let me know
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 7:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
riah:

please let me know soonest. thanks a whole lot

please let me know

If your hubby looses his PR status, I don't think that will affect you. The reason is that my colleague relocated to Canada with his family in 2010. He did not stay because he was not ready to leave his job here but was visiting once in a while. This year his wife and children got their citizenship and passport. Although he has relocated finally last year. I think if citizenship depends on the the PA, they should not have given his wife and kids citizenship.

My personal thought. Think of it what if the someone's partner died or divorce (God forbid bad thing)....that does not make them ineligible for citizenship.

Good luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by riah: 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2015
@ ANBAKO @ zandora i thank you both so much you have been very helpful. i will go straight ahead and begin my application. i have been burdened by not knowing, now i do. thank u so much
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2015
riah:
@ ANBAKO @ zandora i thank you both so much you have been very helpful. i will go straight ahead and begin my application. i have been burdened by not knowing, now i do. thank u so much

Glad to be of help Madam.
Good luck with your application

Do not hesitate to come here for support.
A lot of experience, smart and supportive people here.

Do good for good to come your way

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 12:09am On Aug 11, 2015
riah:

You're welcome.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:12am On Aug 11, 2015
Has anyone tried sending transcripts and certificates through NIPOST? What was your experience?
Can my husband and i send our certificates together, in same package (but in separate envelopes) and indicate which belongs to whom?
Trying to cut cost.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Humblega(m): 3:28pm On Aug 11, 2015
SlowlybtSurely:
Has anyone tried sending transcripts and certificates through NIPOST? What was your experience?
Can my husband and i send our certificates together, in same package (but in separate envelopes) and indicate which belongs to whom?
Trying to cut cost.

I did it 2 months ago. It took 27 days to get delivered but for just #350. If u use speed post/ups/dhl and co, it will get deliver within 3 days but take around #11,000. To send any document u have to send them separately. Separate envelope for each document wth your ref number and wes address boldly written on each envelopes.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by SlowlybtSurely: 4:14pm On Aug 11, 2015
Humblega:

I did it 2 months ago. It took 27 days to get delivered but for just #350. If u use speed post/ups/dhl and co, it will get deliver within 3 days but take around #11,000. To send any document u have to send them separately. Separate envelope for each document wth your ref number and wes address boldly written on each envelopes.

27 days? That's way too long. Will just go with the faster options. Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 11, 2015
Humblega:

cc slowlybtsurely. i used Nipost on series of occasion, it took 9 working days tops to reach the destination. all for 500 bucks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 5:14pm On Aug 11, 2015
Shyee:

cc slowlybtsurely. i used Nipost on series of occasion, it took 9 working days tops to reach the destination. all for 500 bucks.

But it depends on the destination. Was the destination WES?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by SlowlybtSurely: 5:16pm On Aug 11, 2015
Shyee:

More like it. Where did you send to? Canada? And from which city in Naija? Were you able to track it?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bolinchin: 5:43pm On Aug 11, 2015
Humblega:

Hello All! Its been up to a month now since WES sent my documents by regular mail to my school for verification
According to an insider in the registrar's office,the sent documents are yet to be received. Please how much longer do I have to wait for the docs to arrive before I take actions like mailing WES?Or should I just keep holding on ?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Humblega(m): 6:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
zandora:

Shyee:

The number of days it will take nipost to deliver register post depends on d frequency at which people send messages to that country at that time. Seems it get numba of document they move at a time. There4 it will depend on whether its about to reach number or begining. I belv so bcs av sent document to canada b4 wth same registerd post and it get delivered within 17days.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
zandora:

of course to WES...and i have sent twice now. for myself and Mine
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
Humblega:

The number of days it will take nipost to deliver register post depends on d frequency at which people send messages to that country at that time. Seems it get numba of document they move at a time. There4 it will depend on whether its about to reach number or begining. I belv so bcs av sent document to canada b4 wth same registerd post and it get delivered within 17days.

really, the latest day given by NIpost for the delivery is usually 14 WORKING days. if it exceeds that, one should normally contact them. their customer service is getting better these days
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2015
Shyee:

really, the latest day given by NIpost for the delivery is usually 14 WORKING days. if it exceeds that, one should normally contact them. their customer service is getting better these days

He said 17 days therefore 14 working days would be about 18 days so him saying 17 days makes sense. However even though NIPOST claims to deliver latest by 14 working days it doesn't mean they can't always exceed this due to circumstances beyond their control, therefore I also believe Humblega when he says his took 27 days to arrive at its destination.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Humblega(m): 10:53pm On Aug 11, 2015
Shyee:

Better don't rely on their promise,just like other Nigeria parastatals. They can only vouch for document movement within Nigeria (from station you send it to the nearest international airport). Remember immediately it get out of Nigeria, the post in that country will take over the transition of the document. Perhaps, mine even spent more than 15 days before it left Nigeria, i knew because i was checking (tracking) it everyday. Though you may be lucky in your own case. whenever you are sending through NIpost registered post to abroad, just have it in your mind that it will take between 10-30days.

This is tracking details of 1 document I sent to winnipeg on 30th of may. It took it 4 days within naija (faster in relative to the 1 I sent to wes) + 16days outside (much compare to prev).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 12, 2015
Humblega:

Better don't rely on their promise,just like other Nigeria parastatals. They can only vouch for document movement within Nigeria (from station you send it to the nearest international airport). Remember immediately it get out of Nigeria, the post in that country will take over the transition of the document. Perhaps, mine even spent more than 15 days before it left Nigeria, i knew because i was checking (tracking) it everyday. Though you may be lucky in your own case. whenever you are sending through NIpost registered post to abroad, just have it in your mind that it will take between 10-30days.

This is tracking details of 1 document I sent to winnipeg on 30th of may. It took it 4 days within naija (faster in relative to the 1 I sent to wes) + 16days outside (much compare to prev).

i really got your point... i must have been lucky then to have had my mails delivered within the 14 business days time frame.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 12, 2015
Hello house, finally I created my ee profile with 350score. Is there any province I can apply to now. I want to seek opinion can I still apply to nova scotia. Or any other province thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2015
ilesanmioo:
Hello house, finally I created my ee profile with 350score. Is there any province I can apply to now. I want to seek opinion can I still apply to nova scotia. Or any other province thanks

Check Prince Edward Island. From report i got, Nova Scotia has already nominated 170 people out of the 350 they are allowed to nominate and they are still on February applications, that makes chances slim but you can still try if you want to. You can google Nova Scotia Demand for the link and note that there are occupations they want people for which your work experience must be in before you can apply . Manitoba seems like they will nominate people from their normal PNP, this based on the fact that those who applied for their normal PNP were asked if they applied for EE, and those who answer yes are detailed that they might be considered for their EE PNP. New Brunswick gave a lot of conditions which a normal applicant may not be able to meet e.g, Job offer, Family connection, French speaking ability, etc. They however said they will also still announce when people who dont have those criteria can apply. You can google their site to avail yourself of more information

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by match2016: 3:39pm On Aug 12, 2015
Is there anyone that has gotten ITA and AOR and waiting for an update? I applied in the FSW and submitted my application in May although I live outside the country. It looks like its a slow process (or killing wait) so I was just wondering what the timeline of any Nigerians look like.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mozo: 3:51pm On Aug 12, 2015
match2016:
Is there anyone that has gotten ITA and AOR and waiting for an update? I applied in the FSW and submitted my application in May although I live outside the country. It looks like its a slow process (or killing wait) so I was just wondering what the timeline of any Nigerians look like.

It is still a slow process for majority of the applicants unfortunately. I know people who submitted since April.

Patience is key
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Luvmuma: 4:12pm On Aug 12, 2015
Hello,
Please does anyone know what date CIC is processing now? I submitted Dec 9 , received the Apl no in February. Thanks.
Luvmuma
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 5:39pm On Aug 12, 2015
match2016:

I also applied in May ie May 08 to be precise from outside Canada - FSW. Apparently they're now on May 02 so we should hear from them end of the month or early September. Goodluck!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2015
JesusDWay:

Check Prince Edward Island. From report i got, Nova Scotia has already nominated 170 people out of the 350 they are allowed to nominate and they are still on February applications, that makes chances slim but you can still try if you want to. You can google Nova Scotia Demand for the link and note that there are occupations they want people for which your work experience must be in before you can apply . Manitoba seems like they will nominate people from their normal PNP, this based on the fact that those who applied for their normal PNP were asked if they applied for EE, and those who answer yes are detailed that they might be considered for their EE PNP. New Brunswick gave a lot of conditions which a normal applicant may not be able to meet e.g, Job offer, Family connection, French speaking ability, etc. They however said they will also still announce when people who dont have those criteria can apply. You can google their site to avail yourself of more information
Thanks for the thoughtful comment. I just applied to PEI and Manitoba. My occupation is in demand in Nova scotia, so I will give it a trial
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by match2016: 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2015
How do you know where they are? Is there somewhere to check?
zandora:

I also applied in May ie May 08 to be precise from outside Canada - FSW. Apparently they're now on May 02 so we should hear from them end of the month or early September. Goodluck!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mozo: 7:19pm On Aug 12, 2015
zandora:

Went through a forum, noticed there are a lot of people in the same boat as you bro. But its worth the wait
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 12, 2015
[quote author=Etfash post=35261239]
wrong post and date, sorry
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by usr249: 8:08pm On Aug 12, 2015
Luvmuma:
Hello,
Please does anyone know what date CIC is processing now? I submitted Dec 9 , received the Apl no in February. Thanks.
Luvmuma

I am sure it is gonna be your turn very soon.

I applied in November and I have been sent my MR. Will do it next week.

I am optimistic you would hear from them by end of month or early September.

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Luvmuma: 9:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
Thanks for the response. I hope to hear from them soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.