Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,442 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? (42439 Views)

My Friend's Waec Result !!! What Course Can He Study ??? / Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result / Unilorin Post-UME Result: What Did You Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Stlatyv(m): 10:52am On May 06, 2013
Vicdurella: I scored 198 and i want to study political science and international relations.
Uniosun is my first choice.
Pls,will they accept it
am nt sure they wil,nd i wil advice u find anoda institution (private institution) by obtainin 'changin of institution form tru jamb
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by yhemite(m): 10:52am On May 06, 2013
Notting do u bro..wth 198.. U re already a stdt of uniosun in embryo..i can bet my life wth it,so long u hv 200k skul fees o
Vicdurella: I scored 198 and i want to study political science and international relations.
Uniosun is my first choice.
Pls,will they accept it
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 10:53am On May 06, 2013
audacious: 1. It's a reflection of where the country's education sector is at the moment.

2. Heard that the questions leaked and students went ahead to shade the answers even though they were from different question types to the one they had.

I see people blaming JAMB for irregular marking, they should blame WAEC and any other examination body as well because year on year, the failure rate in all exams keeps increasing. Face the facts people, the standard of education has gone down the drain, students don't read hard anymore, most parents don't pay attention to the type of education the child is getting (too busy trying to earn a living).

You have said it all. The daughter of my neighbour got a low jamb score years back she blamed Jamb, she failed post ume she blamed the school, she did poorly in waec and neco she blames those bodies.

Most of the people here blaming jamb for their failure have poor waec and neco results. If they still refuse to study will still end up failing post ume. Then they will come back here to blame the schools.

They keep blaming these examinations bodies instead of studying real hard!

2 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by mafolayomi(f): 10:55am On May 06, 2013
@ poster,facebook,twitter and 2go
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Allenkee: 10:57am On May 06, 2013
krimboy897: Same thing bothering me.. The highest score i have heard of is 181. Pls, if u scored above 200, signify. Tank U
[b]
Many candidates changed their paper type not knowing that Jamb had a very dangerous plan against them. I am not boasting, I can beat my chest to tell whoever that cares to listen that I stopped the menial job I was doing in January and on February 1st I began a rigorous study towards the exam on my own at home.
I covered the jamb syllabus in 4 months. One week to the exam, I was thoroughly convinced within me that I was ready for the exam. In the exam venue EXPO were flying from left to right then I was tempted to ask for it but I came to my senses and I asked myself the following questions;
If you accept this EXPO, why then did you stop the job you were doing?
Why did you study so hard for good 4 months?
Who were you deceiving?
Immediately these questions came it to my head, I ignored the temptation, my confidence developed I went into the hall and attended to all my questions INDEPENDENTLY.
I scored 225, I was actually expecting something higher than this, all the same glory be to God.[/b]

11 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by mjconcept(m): 10:58am On May 06, 2013
OmoKhary: Why won't jamb fail you guys?when people open blogs for "runs",everybody is depending on runs!
Instead of lamenting,go back to the drawing board and work on your mistakes!utme has come and gone.
Those of you who scored 180-199,apply for post utme for polytechnics and 200-above prepare for both polytechnics and university.All this debate won't change anything.
Aunty, what you should know is that when the head is gone the body can't function.

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 10:59am On May 06, 2013
Bright De Gea: Don't be a fool and stop mentioning social networking sites, u ar no better than those who scored 100, do you think those that use mal-practise didn't spent sleepless nights reading during thier 4th attempt? Yet jamb gave them 179, they got tired of the board and used mal practise, don't get me wrong i don't support this dirty act but i know four person that did not read at all yet they scored above 250, so if u hav noting to say shut up pls, don't be a fool u ar a Nigerian i excpect more maturity and wisdom from u

grin grin grin How would you have put it had 'they' scored 270?
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by amber222(f): 10:59am On May 06, 2013
viccipedia: are you serious? what number do you have in mind when you say few? we are been exploited here and you are talking about thrash and social networks.... it has absolutely nothing to do with this topic.... speak for urself or dont speak atall..... if jamb know that the spaces available in the in the institutions are limited, the forms should also be limited how can you sell 1.7 million forms when you only have 500k spaces? it makes absolutely no sense. this has gone on for a very long tym nd I must say if nothing is done it will continue, even our so called institutions are following the same footsteps... you know u can only admit 7000 students and then you sell 100k post utme forms... ths is just bad...
i support u.Even outof dt 500000,its d highest bidder dt will gt d admission.I'm sure dt's y babcock uni increase their schl fees to 1.5m,2m & 3m dependg on d course u wt.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by chid3x: 11:00am On May 06, 2013
druid06: Most teenagers/youths spend their average time listening to rap music, engaging in all sort of anti-social behaviours like drug/alcohol abuse and spend the rest of their time on the internet while ignoring their studies and you expect them to excel in their exams..

Did you copy this from a social studies text book?
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by coatsms: 11:00am On May 06, 2013
Salem university where global leaders are raised is a grazing life time opportunity for you. Check their website or call 07035746293 for info.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Jessicanoble(f): 11:00am On May 06, 2013
My score was low, please do poly need jamb cos thats the only hope, Jamb 2013 was a setup, they know what they did, now they leave the candidate frustrated..In a country that their thinking faculty is half dead what else do you expect.. Madness . Why on earth wil some one collect money for 1.7m passengers when his ship can board only 5k..
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by victorazy(m): 11:01am On May 06, 2013
GEJ is the core problem
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by hayubee(m): 11:01am On May 06, 2013
I tink its nat d student or jamb its d educational structure its out dated nd less effective, learning has 2 b fun nd attractive believe me its not dat dir dull! Imagine a second sch teacher spends 75% of a period writing or dictating note nd 25% 4 explanation
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by felastika(m): 11:06am On May 06, 2013
Allen kee:
[b]
Many candidates changed their paper type not knowing that Jamb had a very dangerous plan against them. I am not boasting, I can beat my chest to tell whoever that cares to listen that I stopped the menial job I was doing in January and on February 1st I began a rigorous study towards the exam on my own at home.
I covered the jamb syllabus in 4 months. One week to the exam, I was thoroughly convinced within me that I was ready for the exam. In the exam venue EXPO were flying from left to right then I was tempted to ask for it but I came to my senses and I asked myself the following questions;
Who were you deceiving?
Immediately these questions came it to my head, I ignored the temptation, my confidence developed I went into the hall and attended to all my questions INDEPENDENTLY.
I scored 225, I was actually expecting something higher than this, all the same glory be to God.[/b]

Correct!!!

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nellyunique: 11:06am On May 06, 2013
Allen kee:
[b]
Who were you deceiving?
Are you a science student?......I will lyk to ask you this question,if u had gotten below 200 after all that preparation,what would u do or say?
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by WorldwarIII: 11:08am On May 06, 2013
When I wrote my jamb exam years back, I did the following before going to write the exam
1. Got a copy of the syllabus..( many of those writing exams now don't even know jamb has its own syllabus)
2. Read according to the syllabus
3. Covered the scope at least thrice
4. Solved and understood every past question and answer from 1978 till date
5. Attended a serious jamb tutorial class
6. Practised every question without calculator
7. Read a bit of A levels for the subject I was writing
And finally committed it to prayers to avoid the unforeseen ..
I had a score of 278... Studied engineering at OAU...

Pls sincerely tell me u did all those or close to and still failed!

* the race is not for the swift*

5 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by amber222(f): 11:09am On May 06, 2013
Geniusvic: pls does anyone know which
good private universities
that accept candidates
whose jamb scores are less
than 180/cut-off?
if u hv d money,u'l gt d admission.Mind u d private uni are increasing their fees nw.like Babcock uni,if u wt 2 study acntg 1.5m,law 2m,medicine 3m & other courses 860,000.My dear d choice is yours.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by emmygod: 11:09am On May 06, 2013
many students wrote thesame thing. Phone malpractice
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by 3ddy(m): 11:10am On May 06, 2013
Emylexray:
a few of the candidates claimed they independently did the exam themselves, but the results still didn't meet their desired score.
mine was independently written bt is pendin cos lots of pple cheated in our center...payin 4 d sins of odas
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 11:10am On May 06, 2013
sam4xadams: For me I would say student don't read. In my place I have two neighbours that write this exam. Believe me I will enter there house n meet them sleeping or watching tv or talking nonsense. I will ask them to read. I even give one money to buy past questions but she didn't buy. The other boy go out n play games or go for dancing class.
Look this generation don't read. That's my point. They score 145 n the other score 195. N 115. They depends on runs.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 11:11am On May 06, 2013
Uhm...have anyone eva cared to ask Google? undecided

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by lordZOUGA(m): 11:12am On May 06, 2013
Social networking is not bad. People should just seek balance between what you enjoy doing and what you ought to do.
students should also be taught the value and uses of education, not the uses of a "certificate" but the core use of education: how education is being used to shape intelligence into a productive tool. Show the students how education has influenced their lives and the lives of those around them.

Teach them subjects with respect to them and not with respect to some dead German scientist. Make them understand why they should study.
If you successfully do these things, no social network can separate the student from his book because then, it will be a game between knowledge and him "how fast can he learn".

3 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by lekkie073(m): 11:12am On May 06, 2013
outrage: [size=16pt]BBM, 2go, WHATSAPP, BADOO, TWITTER and NAIRALAND.[/size]

If you think so hit the like button

what is nairaland? sad

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Mcdowell: 11:13am On May 06, 2013
adefemi007:
I got 205 but is it enough to study comp science in futa?
I think it's enough to get u to write the post utme...
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by grandpoh(m): 11:13am On May 06, 2013
Ejiné:

Please, who is this DIBU you guys are talking about? I don't understand...
dibu is d oga at d top
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by OmoKhary(f): 11:15am On May 06, 2013
mjconcept:
Aunty, what you should know is that when the head is gone the body can't function.
seriously?
Lets assume you are jamb,you find out that people are cheating,what will you do?
You can't expect jamb to mark the scripts as if they are marking some secondary school exam,they will be STRICT.
Don.t blame Jamb alone for this mess,blame our parents for being sooo jobless to register us in special centres,the students for being so narrow minded enough to want to cheat.
We can't defend or sue jamb when we know we'll lose because when the majority cheats then everybody cheats.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Adex25(m): 11:18am On May 06, 2013
viccipedia: are you serious? what number do you have in mind when you say few? we are been exploited here and you are talking about thrash and social networks.... it has absolutely nothing to do with this topic.... speak for urself or dont speak atall..... if jamb know that the spaces available in the in the institutions are limited, the forms should also be limited how can you sell 1.7 million forms when you only have 500k spaces? it makes absolutely no sense. this has gone on for a very long tym nd I must say if nothing is done it will continue, even our so called institutions are following the same footsteps... you know u can only admit 7000 students and then you sell 100k post utme forms... ths is just bad...
na wa o, nigerians! If d forms are limited nw dey cry foul play, y shld d form b limited? If 1.7 million pple apply let dem get d forms n struggle 4 d limited space, but let it be done based on merit. If ur younger bros or sis goes out to get form n he/she is told no more forms cos d space is limited, same pple wld cry foul play.

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 11:20am On May 06, 2013
i think jamb failed them purposely so having to admit only 500,000 students will be justified. Anyway what i think the FG should do is build more universities. Nigeria has money..that one is for sure..but they'd rather spend it on useless things and embezzle the rest. Lets them build more universities so they'll be more space for prospective undergraduates. It isn't bad if each state of the federation has at least five federal universities each, nigeria's population is already high..and yes nigeria has more than enough money for dat. angry

2 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by OmoKhary(f): 11:21am On May 06, 2013
3ddy: mine was independently written bt is pendin cos lots of pple cheated in our center...payin 4 d sins of odas
may Osanobua bless you.
People cheated at your centre,the invigilators probrably made this report to the board.Do you expect them to mark your scripts with droopgy eyes?
May you pass ijn for your sincerity,amen.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by lekkie073(m): 11:21am On May 06, 2013
Jessicanoble: My score was low, please do [b]lie[/b]poly need jamb cos thats the only [b]lie[/b]hope, Jamb 2013 was a setup lie, they know what they did, now they lied leave the candidate frustrated..In a country that their thinking faculty is lie half dead what else do you expect.. Madness . Why on earth wil some one collect money for 1.7m passengers when his ship can board only 5k..
u r a lied liar...as in most of what u wrote are lies
1 u r asking if poly accepts jamb
2 how did u know jamb was as etup?
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by grandpoh(m): 11:22am On May 06, 2013
haladug: The truth be told, Majority of candidates rely on malpractice rather than hardwork which is nowadays so pervasive and quite distubing.
I remember getting a broadcast of the purpoted answers in the early hours of the saturday the exams was written. some relied on that option without considering what PAPER TYPE stands for.
I suggest JAMB makes the exams hencefoth strictly computer based, that way, there wont be an outcry of victimization cos you unbiasedly get back the garbbage you give in. #MyOpinon
sit down joor..hw r u sure dre'll bn no malpractice in d CBT in fact dere is coz v seen nd confirmed it
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by xest(m): 11:23am On May 06, 2013
The issue here is that,Jamb were out against exams malpractice in this yrs exams,and many of d candidates were unaware of thiz. Many changes there exam type to anoda to suit them in cheatin,meanwhile watever type u hv on ur questn paper is same that wil be in ur answer booklet wen computer wl be marking it. So many fall on this trap,that was why d failure was massive. I think if exam malpractice should be stopped,this measure is recommendable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out / Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall - Meme Collection / Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.