Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,338 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? (42316 Views)

My Friend's Waec Result !!! What Course Can He Study ??? / Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result / Unilorin Post-UME Result: What Did You Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 1:32pm On May 06, 2013
Umartins1: Aaaaaah! Oh my God!! There're bunch of unfortunate beings here. How dare you say we cheated? How dare you say we were not prepared? Aaaaaah! When will Nigeria be good? Why can't ppl hold to the truth? The results were manipulated-marks were just awarded at random. Which kind of marking guide was used that will make me score 45in Maths and 174 as aggregate? This is the simplest Utme so far! We were robbed by JAMB in the broad day light? Who are the unfortunate ppl that are saying we didn't read and studied enough? Aish! I can't decry my as I want on here. I am ready to prove it anywhere, anyhow that I worth more than this. I'm ready to combat Dibu on this! Can someone help me to get to him? 1.7million ppl cannot cheat!! 1.7million students can't go into exam hall UNPREPARED!! This is pure robbery. We were denied of our rights. Nigeria can never be better, Dibu and his unborn generations shall live in eternal sadness. Even if he's rich now, his wealth shall perish in his lifetime. This curse won't work if only we were given what we deserved. This curse won't work if there's no God! Many students have lost their lives, many future leaders and pride of their mothers have gone to the heaven above prematurely. Isn't it this same JAMB I've been writing since 4 years ago? If my claims against Dibu is false, may I never succeed in life!!! The God that saved Daniel from the den of Lions will surely lead us in this battle!!!
SECONDED
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Adex097: 1:36pm On May 06, 2013
Allen kee:

[b]No I am a commercial student, going for Accounting in the University of Uyo.
If you know you did the exam independently yet you scored below 200, this is one thing you must know that might be the reason.

The first question in each of the four subjects is always about the subject.
For example, if you offer English, Maths, Econs and Govt.
The first question in your English will be WHICH QUESTION PAPER TYPE OF USE OF ENGLISH IS GIVEN TO YOU?
If the paper type at the top right corner of the English question paper is Question paper type:B and the options given are;

A. TYPE D
B. TYPE I
C. TYPE B
D. TYPE U

If you unfortunately choose option B which is TYPE I, that means you have chosen the wrong answer and it will negatively affect every other answer you choose even though they are correct because you have ignorantly change your paper type.
The correct answer is option C.

Also if in Mathematics, If the paper type at the top right corner of the Mathematics question paper is Question paper type D and the options given are;

A. TYPE D
B. TYPE I
C. TYPE B
D. TYPE U

If you unfortunately choose option D which is TYPE U, that means you have chosen the wrong answer and it will negatively affect every other answer you choose even though they are correct because you have ignorantly change your paper type.
The correct answer is option A.

This kind of errors are minor errors one can easily avoid but if you fail to notice them, they can make you fail woefully.
I made the same errors because the tension in the exam hall could make you even forget your name, thank God I noticed the errors before the papers were submitted.
[/b]
GOD bless you for pointing this out man....I made same mistake but due to the love my father in heaven have for me, he opened my inner eye to see that error.
Once again thank you JESUS.
And I fink this myt be the cause of the mass failure
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Les: 1:40pm On May 06, 2013
Allen kee:
[b]
Many candidates changed their paper type not knowing that Jamb had a very dangerous plan against them. I am not boasting, I can beat my chest to tell whoever that cares to listen that I stopped the menial job I was doing in January and on February 1st I began a rigorous study towards the exam on my own at home.
I covered the jamb syllabus in 4 months. One week to the exam, I was thoroughly convinced within me that I was ready for the exam. In the exam venue EXPO were flying from left to right then I was tempted to ask for it but I came to my senses and I asked myself the following questions;
If you accept this EXPO, why then did you stop the job you were doing?
Why did you study so hard for good 4 months?
Who were you deceiving?
Immediately these questions came it to my head, I ignored the temptation, my confidence developed I went into the hall and attended to all my questions INDEPENDENTLY.
I scored 225, I was actually expecting something higher than this, all the same glory be to God.[/b]
sir you are not the only one dat left ur job, i left mine, and few dat know me here knows dat i.ve not been frequenting this site since d past four months likewise my fb and am not on tweeter, bbm and co. I started studying since november 4, most times my mentor fixed class on sundays just to cover syllabus, ie after class from monday to saturday, tho i didn't read at night which is best for me due to some reasons- am always busy daytime and i have only my night to sleep. Just like you said, am not boasting, there is no english and biology exam i'll take in this world and i'll fail, i wonder why i should get english thirty something over 100 and biology 49, wat 4 And i no use runs. Am a brilliant guy, i've never failed any exam since i started schooling, this is my first, even on my previous jambs and pume, i passed them but not as expected and i didn't wanna use runs enter skul if not- money no even de for dat runs self, i for don de skul by now. Chemistry i no know wethn i write, i come get 55, it's not just fair. My friend i introduced to my utme class a month b4 jamb didn't take it serious, he uses bold5, he pings in class All d time, we quarrell cos of it, he never studied but he passed!!, dat's unfair, i wonder how to break this news to ol my guys, this year jamb was not free and fair. I met a lady in center dat was crying after d jamb, she said she didn't shade not even one on d last subject she was about writing, i checked her result, she was scored on dat subject even above others. If jamb used a different tactics in marking this year jamb, why do they keep silent. Those dat do runs have been in d business for years, why should this year be different?
I got 174, but ol i know is dat I didn't fail this jamb, jamb failed me..... I accept my fate but never d fact dat I failed am not bothered if i failed Jamb, am only bothered on wat to start doing till next year if something is not done- i still get faith, Mon Dieu est vivant!!!
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by ErnestAburime(m): 1:40pm On May 06, 2013
What do u expect 4 a well developed corupt country
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 1:41pm On May 06, 2013
koonbey: all the People on here posting asinine comments about social networks and unpreparedness;all i have to say to you is that I pray one day you will be in my shoes and understand how it feels;I deleted 2go on my phone like 10 weeks ago,refused to subscribe on my modem or said phone so as to be able to concentrate,no facebook,or twitter...I attended lesson regularly even though it wasn't comfortable,read and read,and then read some more. I refused to accept any questions prior to the Exam simply because I didn't feel i needed it(i am an A student)...traveled to write the Exam,did so excellently;only to check my result and find 207,I had to check my name like twice to be sure that was my result(I had marked myself on my question Paper and what I expected to Score was above 300). Based on what i have seen in my own case and that of other colleagues whom i know where not involved in any form of Malpractice;i believe that for reasons best known to them(I don't want to speculate),JAMB is undermining the already declining the reading culture among the Youth by giving them the Impression that it doesn't matter what they write;some retard at JAMB office will simply click RANDOM on their results and give them just anything.
u re write bro. We nid justice, let dibu show on media and tell us hw dey go abt d marking..
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Les: 1:50pm On May 06, 2013
Adex097: GOD bless you for pointing this out man....I made same mistake but due to the love my father in heaven have for me, he opened my inner eye to see that error.
if u shade a type, u will be marked with dat type or do you think jamb knows d type u were given- am not defending malpractice, am trying to be clear if dat would be d cause of my failure cos wen our qweshon papers were brought to d hall, my paper wasn't there, the officials had to give me my subjects combination but might not be my type, if they stored the type they gave each students, why didn't they click there computer to know d type they stored for me and give it to me to stop me from goin through wat am goin tru now?? Jamb where did I go wrong
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 1:52pm On May 06, 2013
Adex097: GOD bless you for pointing this out man....I made same mistake but due to the love my father in heaven have for me, he opened my inner eye to see that error.
u re ryt bt d tn is clear na dey ask u questn and u ve ur optn deir 4 d type.. I still dnt believe it mite be bt it gonna be few maybe dose dat re in a haste or dose wit prepared ansa(expo)....
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by olaezebala: 1:52pm On May 06, 2013
Blame the candidates for the mass failure. I have two case studies that made me conclude as such. My older brother, who finished his first degree more than ten years ago but wanna do law and my young cousin (first timer). My brother is always reading @ every available time and space (jamb past questions and answer is always in his car), he checked his result and he had a 253. My sure cousin tried also has he claimed there is a study group they formed on BBM and also on whatsapp, always with his phone,reading textbooks with his BB at hand to respond to every message that dropped in. He checked his result and there is it, 167. Thou some will cheat and pass very well too oooooo. So blame the candidates that failed for not preparing well enough to pass jamb and since they know they didn't prepare, they didn't cheat as well.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 1:53pm On May 06, 2013
Les: if u shade a type, u will be marked with dat type or do you think jamb knows d type u were given- am not defending malpractice, am trying to be clear if dat would be d cause of my failure cos wen our qweshon papers were brought to d hall, my paper wasn't there, the officials had to give me my subjects combination but might not be my type, if they stored the type they gave each students, why didn't they click there computer to know d type they stored for me and give it to me to stop me from goin through wat am goin tru now?? Jamb where did I go wrong
i agree wit u jare...
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 1:57pm On May 06, 2013
olaezebala: Blame the candidates for the mass failure. I have two case studies that made me conclude as such. My older brother, who finished his first degree more than ten years ago but wanna do law and my young cousin (first timer). My brother is always reading @ every available time and space (jamb past questions and answer is always in his car), he checked his result and he had a 253. My sure cousin tried also has he claimed there is a study group they formed on BBM and also on whatsapp, always with his phone,reading textbooks with his BB at hand to respond to every message that dropped in. He checked his result and there is it, 167. Thou some will cheat and pass very well too oooooo. So blame the candidates that failed for not preparing well enough to pass jamb and since they know they didn't prepare, they didn't cheat as well.
shut up deir!!! Ve been readng since last year december, 17hrs daily, shut up deir i deprive maiself of many social tnxs just to get more dan mai previous jamb scores and u re takng abt preparatn.... Oga go sit dwn if u dnt knw wat to say...
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 2:00pm On May 06, 2013
To be frank, and say wat d truth is, wat jAMB DID to candidates result, is to reduce d candidates dat wuld get into varsities imagine out of 1.7 milion candidates just 500,000 space, so to cover up dis shame dts y dey spoilt so many candidates result.. Bt i knw mai God wuld judge them and make deir generatn suffa 4 dis..
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by CrazyMan(m): 2:06pm On May 06, 2013
Necsy: u vry stupid 4 makin such a comment wen d children of d poor ar lamentin at d xpense of deir future nd destiny.
You are very foolish and daft for quoting me...what does this post you've just made got to do with the massive failure recorded in just concluded jamb. You must be a goat

Necsy: Hu told u dat evry1 dat sat 4 d exam cheated.
I can now understand why you're among those who failed...cos its obvious that you can't read.

Necsy: Mayb d 1s dat cnt find deir reg did nt buy jamb nd neva sat 4 it. Nd also d 1s dat cnt verify deir biomet finga print did nt do it b4 de acceptd deir forms on d net; & did nt verify dem b4 de allowd dm go in2 deir exam halls. Mr. Man, must u talk in d public wen u hv ntin 2 say 2 d public? Guuush! Nigerian youth ar disappointd in u
What is the psychopath saying?

I made my comment by what I saw here on Nairaland on that saturday...and you're here telling me about biometrics and other gibberish.

Look here young man, if you have nothing sensible to post, then log off and have a sober reflection on your life.

I don't have time for animals like you.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 06, 2013
koonbey:
If i don't tell you that you are a Fool,my Conscience will not be at rest
....Seconded...My lit teacher back den in skul wud av an apopletic fit if he hears dat I scored 42 in Literature.....God is watching in HD sha
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by felastika(m): 2:19pm On May 06, 2013

Same here o,tank God 4 is mercy...do u knw even now some student still don't get wat DIBU is 4...dats a trick,ur paper type is b nd u mistakingly choose option B...dats d end of dat subject,so wats there 2 make noise about,its part of d exam nd a way 2 test ur intelligence nd calmness...so whose fault is it if we make dat mistake?...all we do is concentrate on d real question nd not d technicality...d no1 of every question is d most simple nd difficult of it all,miss no1 nd fail dat subject simple...ones again thank God I remembered 2 pray b4 opening my paper at all
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Adex097: 2:19pm On May 06, 2013
Fynestboi: u re ryt bt d tn is clear na dey ask u questn and u ve ur optn deir 4 d type.. I still dnt believe it mite be bt it gonna be few maybe dose dat re in a haste or dose wit prepared ansa(expo)....
well its only jamb that can tell us what really happened.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Adex097: 2:23pm On May 06, 2013
So JAMB is now a lottery (baba ijebi).
Only God knows how the future of this country is gonna be *smh*
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 2:25pm On May 06, 2013
felastika:

Same here o,tank God 4 is mercy...do u knw even now some student still don't get wat DIBU is 4...dats a trick,ur paper type is b nd u mistakingly choose option B...dats d end of dat subject,so wats there 2 make noise about,its part of d exam nd a way 2 test ur intelligence nd calmness...so whose fault is it if we make dat mistake?...all we do is concentrate on d real question nd not d technicality...d no1 of every question is d most simple nd difficult of it all,miss no1 nd fail dat subject simple...ones again thank God I remembered 2 pray b4 opening my paper at all
u re ryt bt do u want to tell me dat half of d student fall victim of dat? let us all accept deir s lot of error in jamb marking dis year, dibu knw abt dis bt he cnt avert wat had appen.... And am sure His conscience wuld continue to prick him...
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by CrazyMan(m): 2:26pm On May 06, 2013
Necsy: my brodas, y do blacks hate risk? Hu told u dat risk talkin is nt part of lif? I dnt care abt jamb website. Mak i jst get d kpani enta scul joor. Abi na una moni dem de use

Imagine the fool after cheating and failing woefully, paronized jamb upgrade scam...then comes here to rant rubbish.

He made the above quote on the jamb upgrade thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/1279928/jamb-result-upgrading-editing-scam/1#15581633
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by DerFuhrer: 2:26pm On May 06, 2013
All you pple blaming students and social network talk like you have your brains in your fannys. There's no way on God's green earth I scored 211. After burning midnight oil for the last 5 months I'm given this scandalous score. Dibu and his fellow sadists have robbed us of crucial marks. No normal human being will do this to innocent students. This is clearly the work of a mind gone wrong.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 2:26pm On May 06, 2013
Adex097: well its only jamb that can tell us what really happened.
exactly dey knw wat happen bt dey wuld alter a word due to d fact dat its an advantage on deir own path...
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Ortarico(m): 2:28pm On May 06, 2013
olaezebala: Blame the candidates for the mass failure. I have two case studies that made me conclude as such. My older brother, who finished his first degree more than ten years ago but wanna do law and my young cousin (first timer). My brother is always reading @ every available time and space (jamb past questions and answer is always in his car), he checked his result and he had a 253. My sure cousin tried also has he claimed there is a study group they formed on BBM and also on whatsapp, always with his phone,reading textbooks with his BB at hand to respond to every message that dropped in. He checked his result and there is it, 167. Thou some will cheat and pass very well too oooooo. So blame the candidates that failed for not preparing well enough to pass jamb and since they know they didn't prepare, they didn't cheat as well.

you're a person!
Your brother given 253 was only lucky to have been favoured by this random score of a thing. So, he's not better than the other with 167 if truly he used his phone for e-study. Afterall, the internet is the best source of modern knowledge and advanced learning, don't just rely on outdated books.
DIBU is the father of SCAM!

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by CrazyMan(m): 2:28pm On May 06, 2013
Necsy: my brodas, y do blacks hate risk? Hu told u dat risk talkin is nt part of lif? I dnt care abt jamb website. Mak i jst get d kpani enta scul joor. Abi na una moni dem de use

Imagine your life, after cheating and failing woefully, you patronized jamb upgrade scam...then come here to rant rubbish.

You made the above quote on the jamb upgrade thread.

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 2:28pm On May 06, 2013
CrazyMan:

Imagine the fool after cheating and failing woefully, paronized jamb upgrade scam...then comes here to rant rubbish.

He made the above quote on the jamb upgrade thread.

dose one na lack of employment dey worri dem...
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by petreli12: 2:28pm On May 06, 2013
Tony Spike: Gosh, too much of badly-written English on this thread. This is more worrisome than the topic of this thread.

The truth is that high school students all over the world are becoming lazier by the year. This syndrome isn't limited to Nigeria alone, the social distractions (and temptations) are too numerous to ignore. Evidently, I believe bulk of the blame should be apportioned to the candidates, many of whom are obscurely unperturbed about their future. Instead of them to study hard, they would rather search endlessly for shortcuts to success. Well, as a matter-of-fact, I attempted JAMB exams thrice myself in time past, so failing JAMB exams shouldn't be the end of the world.

The Asian countries are setting the pace in academic excellence. Japan, India, China, South Korea are churning out young kids who are doing wonders in science and tech, arts, social sciences etc because of their ATTITUDE to education.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 2:29pm On May 06, 2013
Der_Fuhrer: All you pple blaming students and social network talk like you have your brains in your fannys. There's no way on God's green earth I scored 211. After burning midnight oil for the last 5 months I'm given this scandalous score. Dibu and his fellow sadists have robbed us of crucial marks. No normal human being will do this to innocent students. This is clearly the work of a mind gone wrong.
Dead CONSCIENCE dats wat dey ve..
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 2:30pm On May 06, 2013
Abeg help me tell him
Ortarico:

you're a person!
Your brother given 253 was only lucky to have been favoured by this random score of a thing. So, he's not better than the other with 167 if truly he used his phone for e-study. Afterall, the internet is the best source of modern knowledge and advanced learning, don't just rely on outdated books.
DIBU is the father of SCAM!
SECONDED
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by felastika(m): 2:31pm On May 06, 2013
Fynestboi: u re ryt bt d tn is clear na dey ask u questn and u ve ur optn deir 4 d type.. I still dnt believe it mite be bt it gonna be few maybe dose dat re in a haste or dose wit prepared ansa(expo)....

Its very possible,I 4 example got 2 knw I'v made mistakes wen I wanted 2 start my last paper,which I almost shade B twice,den it occurred 2 me dat I'v shaded B earlier,so I had 2 re-check,nd den I saw my mistake,I couldn't stop saying thank God till I finish d exam,nd till now,I'm still sayin thank God,cos dat would av been a very good reason 2 fail d exam
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Les: 2:32pm On May 06, 2013
olaezebala: Blame the candidates for the mass failure. I have two case studies that made me conclude as such. My older brother, who finished his first degree more than ten years ago but wanna do law and my young cousin (first timer). My brother is always reading @ every available time and space (jamb past questions and answer is always in his car), he checked his result and he had a 253.
if I was d one dat graduated 10good years ago and read like dat, may those years never be good if I get anything below 280. If ur bros knows wat he read, he should score above dat 253. For d fact he scored dat doesn't mean dat is his score, if I were him, i should Feel cheated. Jamb did something, am not mad at them but they should come tell me wat they did. I paid for this. 7k jamb class, 3k trans, 4.7k jamb reg +others= almost 15k and they are giving me 174, impossible!
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 2:35pm On May 06, 2013
felastika:

Its very possible,I 4 example got 2 knw I'v made mistakes wen I wanted 2 start my last paper,which I almost shade B twice,den it occurred 2 me dat I'v shaded B earlier,so I had 2 re-check,nd den I saw my mistake,I couldn't stop saying thank God till I finish d exam,nd till now,I'm still sayin thank God,cos dat would av been a very good reason 2 fail d exam
I Believe u its possible bt wuld all student fall victim of dis?
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by sauceEEP(m): 2:36pm On May 06, 2013
what is the way forward? I think that is what all that scored below the cut off mark should be asking themselves instead of blaming jamb and its DG.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 2:38pm On May 06, 2013
Adex097: So JAMB is now a lottery (baba ijebi).
Only God knows how the future of this country is gonna be *smh*
osu mi o
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by felastika(m): 2:41pm On May 06, 2013
Fynestboi: u re ryt bt do u want to tell me dat half of d student fall victim of dat? let us all accept deir s lot of error in jamb marking dis year, dibu knw abt dis bt he cnt avert wat had appen.... And am sure His conscience wuld continue to prick him...

Possibly yes,cos any1 can make such mistake

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Seeing This As The Parent, What Would You Do? / Nigerian Teacher Who Teaches By Doing Push Up To Demonstrate / Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.