Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,333 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? (42315 Views)

My Friend's Waec Result !!! What Course Can He Study ??? / Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result / Unilorin Post-UME Result: What Did You Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 06, 2013
beephresh: 192
Plz wat website did u check wit, nd plz did u ude ur fone
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Allenkee: 12:20pm On May 06, 2013
Allen kee:

[b]No I am a commercial student, going for Accounting in the University of Uyo.
If you know you did the exam independently yet you scored below 200, this is one thing you must know that might be the reason.

The first question in each of the four subjects is always about the subject.
For example, if you offer English, Maths, Econs and Govt.
The first question in your English will be WHICH QUESTION PAPER TYPE OF USE OF ENGLISH IS GIVEN TO YOU?
If the paper type at the top right corner of the English question paper is Question paper type:B and the options given are;

A. TYPE D
B. TYPE I
C. TYPE B
D. TYPE U

If you unfortunately choose option B which is TYPE I, that means you have chosen the wrong answer and it will negatively affect every other answer you choose even though they are correct because you have ignorantly change your paper type.
The correct answer is option C.

Also if in Mathematics, If the paper type at the top right corner of the Mathematics question paper is Question paper type D and the options given are;

A. TYPE D
B. TYPE I
C. TYPE B
D. TYPE U

If you unfortunately choose option D which is TYPE U, that means you have chosen the wrong answer and it will negatively affect every other answer you choose even though they are correct because you have ignorantly change your paper type.
The correct answer is option A.

This kind of errors are minor errors one can easily avoid but if you fail to notice them, they can make you fail woefully.
I made the same errors because the tension in the exam hall could make you even forget your name, thank God I noticed the errors before the papers were submitted.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 06, 2013
Geniusvic: pls does anyone know which
good private universities
that accept candidates
whose jamb scores are less
than 180/cut-off?
Try Lead City, Bowen, Babcock or Crawford, even Covenant
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by biz2get(m): 12:22pm On May 06, 2013
kamdyjenny:
Dat web address is nt opening...datz her reg no.36152147df plz wen sending d result write out d subjects nd scores

Here:
Biology = 53
Chemistry = 32
English = 55
Physics = 37
Agg = 177

Name okeke juLiet O
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Jilo83(m): 12:22pm On May 06, 2013
If student fail an exam- they gave him d mark, but if pass he got d mark. U know d reason now: over reliance on exam expos bc of laziness and unseriousness of students. Jamb blocked all these dis yr dat is why u r crying foul.

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 06, 2013
biz2get:

Here:
Biology = 53
Chemistry = 32
English = 55
Physics = 37
Agg = 177

Name okeke juLiet O
Tanx plz also check dis 35705431db
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Johncuba(m): 12:30pm On May 06, 2013
pls some1 shud help,my yonga sis cudnt obtain ha result due to biometric verification nd she has bin depressed ever since...pls is dia anytin she cud do to obtain d result?
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by IOMN(f): 12:31pm On May 06, 2013
Tony Spike: Gosh, too much of badly-written English on this thread. This is more worrisome than the topic of this thread.

The truth is that high school students all over the world are becoming lazier by the year. This syndrome isn't limited to Nigeria alone, the social distractions (and temptations) are too numerous to ignore. Evidently, I believe bulk of the blame should be apportioned to the candidates, many of whom are obscurely unperturbed about their future. Instead of them to study hard, they would rather search endlessly for shortcuts to success. Well, as a matter-of-fact, I attempted JAMB exams thrice myself in time past, so failing JAMB exams shouldn't be the end of the world.

The bad English gives me a headache sometimes.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by collinkz: 12:31pm On May 06, 2013
Geniusvic: pls does anyone know which
good private universities
that accept candidates
whose jamb scores are less
than 180/cut-off?
99% will accept u even if u didn't put in for jamb
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by efyguy(m): 12:34pm On May 06, 2013
Nairalanders are fond of blabbing trash within their tongue..I actually scored 177,with my type being dibu,the question were cheap as regard govt,literature economics and english.I was xpecting noting less than 280..then what happen cos I actually resolve the questions @ home...I fink they's fault somewhere...my university dreams is shattered...kinda confused...5yrs @ home..my God!
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by odibenson(m): 12:35pm On May 06, 2013
sam4xadams: For me I would say student don't read. In my place I have two neighbours that write this exam. Believe me I will enter there house n meet them sleeping or watching tv or talking nonsense. I will ask them to read. I even give one money to buy past questions but she didn't buy. The other boy go out n play games or go for dancing class.
Look this generation don't read. That's my point. They score 145 n the other score 195. N 115. They depends on runs.
but both did not read but one scored 195 dat result is good to enter a state university
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by nyankpa(m): 12:37pm On May 06, 2013
TRUE TALK BRO AM SURE MANY STUDENTS MADE THAT ERROR.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by CrazyMan(m): 12:39pm On May 06, 2013
collinkz: 99% will accept u even if u didn't put in for jamb
True...some of them would even admit you after their 1st semester exams.

They would tell you that your 1st year GPA would comprise only of your 2nd semester.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by choix007(m): 12:41pm On May 06, 2013
yea, kids on dis days ain't serious at all...but I must commend mybkid sist, she scored 226 in a very restricted school...I.e, without runs
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by biz2get(m): 12:42pm On May 06, 2013
kamdyjenny:
Tanx plz also check dis 35705431db

Name : okike ike
English = 45
Economics = 37
Govt = 39
Maths = 35
Agg = 156
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Kylexb(m): 12:44pm On May 06, 2013
Adex097: I don't think so man.
Infact I think JAMB is doomed.
My friend's cousin scored 305 with runs (don't know if he changed his type though) . While I scored 223 after burning those mid-night candles.
The destiny of those candles will judge DIBU and his crew.

#Thank God for post-ume#
you're right man.ojerinde and his crew has shown that reading hard and hard work is not a means to passing utme.after running my lamp's battery-life down, all i get is 217.since 2011 faaaaaa.may the destiny of my lamps purnish them all
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by gameboi: 12:45pm On May 06, 2013
I don't know about the ''mass failure'' but one fact remains that the low scores are due to change of paper type: I read so badly for this exam even though my result is below what what i expected i still had:
English=52 Biology=56 Chemistry=60 Physics=74
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by omodave(m): 12:50pm On May 06, 2013
Johncuba: pls some1 shud help,my yonga sis cudnt obtain ha result due to biometric verification nd she has bin depressed ever since...pls is dia anytin she cud do to obtain d result?

pls help wit this question
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Les: 12:55pm On May 06, 2013
Allen kee:
[b]
Many candidates changed their paper type not knowing that Jamb had a very dangerous plan against them. I am not boasting, I can beat my chest to tell whoever that cares to listen that I stopped the menial job I was doing in January and on February 1st I began a rigorous study towards the exam on my own at home.
I covered the jamb syllabus in 4 months. One week to the exam, I was thoroughly convinced within me that I was ready for the exam. In the exam venue EXPO were flying from left to right then I was tempted to ask for it but I came to my senses and I asked myself the following questions;
If you accept this EXPO, why then did you stop the job you were doing?
Why did you study so hard for good 4 months?
Who were you deceiving?
Immediately these questions came it to my head, I ignored the temptation, my confidence developed I went into the hall and attended to all my questions INDEPENDENTLY.
I scored 225, I was actually expecting something higher than this, all the same glory be to God.[/b]
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by swtcharissa(f): 12:55pm On May 06, 2013
Get_Ova_Me: i did study hard for the jamb examination, and did it without mal practice, but the result was 'unexplainably' poor, i wasnt well prepared last yr and i got above 220. . Somethin' is definitely wrong with the marking of my OMR, i am ready to take up my case to Jamb office and defend my result. . . Jez need any advice.
.mmmmmmmmm,same here with my yonger bro,as am writing dis,he has gone T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ his secondary school T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ submit his question papers for a remark,the guy is so devasted..he never slept from Jan till 2days T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ the exam,I can testify of his hard work cos he prepared from my house...he has nt eaten well since on saturday
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 06, 2013
all the People on here posting asinine comments about social networks and unpreparedness;all i have to say to you is that I pray one day you will be in my shoes and understand how it feels;I deleted 2go on my phone like 10 weeks ago,refused to subscribe on my modem or said phone so as to be able to concentrate,no facebook,or twitter...I attended lesson regularly even though it wasn't comfortable,read and read,and then read some more. I refused to accept any questions prior to the Exam simply because I didn't feel i needed it(i am an A student)...traveled to write the Exam,did so excellently;only to check my result and find 207,I had to check my name like twice to be sure that was my result(I had marked myself on my question Paper and what I expected to Score was above 300). Based on what i have seen in my own case and that of other colleagues whom i know where not involved in any form of Malpractice;i believe that for reasons best known to them(I don't want to speculate),JAMB is undermining the already declining the reading culture among the Youth by giving them the Impression that it doesn't matter what they write;some retard at JAMB office will simply click RANDOM on their results and give them just anything.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Umartins1(m): 12:58pm On May 06, 2013
Aaaaaah! Oh my God!! There're bunch of unfortunate beings here. How dare you say we cheated? How dare you say we were not prepared? Aaaaaah! When will Nigeria be good? Why can't ppl hold to the truth? The results were manipulated-marks were just awarded at random. Which kind of marking guide was used that will make me score 45in Maths and 174 as aggregate? This is the simplest Utme so far! We were robbed by JAMB in the broad day light? Who are the unfortunate ppl that are saying we didn't read and studied enough? Aish! I can't decry my as I want on here. I am ready to prove it anywhere, anyhow that I worth more than this. I'm ready to combat Dibu on this! Can someone help me to get to him? 1.7million ppl cannot cheat!! 1.7million students can't go into exam hall UNPREPARED!! This is pure robbery. We were denied of our rights. Nigeria can never be better, Dibu and his unborn generations shall live in eternal sadness. Even if he's rich now, his wealth shall perish in his lifetime. This curse won't work if only we were given what we deserved. This curse won't work if there's no God! Many students have lost their lives, many future leaders and pride of their mothers have gone to the heaven above prematurely. Isn't it this same JAMB I've been writing since 4 years ago? If my claims against Dibu is false, may I never succeed in life!!! The God that saved Daniel from the den of Lions will surely lead us in this battle!!!

5 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 06, 2013
Several reasons.

1. 2go

2. Whatsapp

3. Nairalanding kids

4. Pinging

5. Gossiping

6. Clubbing

7. Shaking bum bum around the street and not reading books. (for the females)

8. dancing around at every bar and club forming celebrities and musicians.

9. barbing hairs that looks like fowl own and forming wetin i no know for street

How do you expect them to pass
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Ortarico(m): 1:03pm On May 06, 2013
grandpoh: dibu is d oga at d top

Is oga DIBU GOD
Honestly most students were failed because they didn't form his name on their sheets. Na wa oo. . .
Therefore, DIBU is OLORIBURUKU
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Trendytessy(f): 1:06pm On May 06, 2013
World war III: When I wrote my jamb exam years back, I did the following before going to write the exam
1. Got a copy of the syllabus..( many of those writing exams now don't even know jamb has its own syllabus)
2. Read according to the syllabus
3. Covered the scope at least thrice
4. Solved and understood every past question and answer from 1978 till date
5. Attended a serious jamb tutorial class
6. Practised every question without calculator
7. Read a bit of A levels for the subject I was writing
And finally committed it to prayers to avoid the unforeseen ..
I had a score of 278... Studied engineering at OAU...

Pls sincerely tell me u did all those or close to and still failed!

* the race is not for the swift*
I did but i still got 189..it's rily painful.
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Umartins1(m): 1:13pm On May 06, 2013
gboss4sure: Several reasons.

1. 2go

2. Whatsapp

3. Nairalanding kids

4. Pinging

5. Gossiping

6. Clubbing

9. barbing hairs that looks like fowl own and forming wetin i no know for street

olóríburúkú ẹ̀dá ni ẹ́, olófò dẹ̀ nìẹ́ pẹ̀lú. Ohúnkohun to bá dáwọ́lé kò ní yọrí sí rere.

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by kemzyAjaks(f): 1:14pm On May 06, 2013
odibenson: but both did not read but one scored 195 dat result is good to enter a state university
could u pls give a list of state unis d@ wld accept above 180
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 06, 2013

1. 2go

2. Whatsapp

3. Nairalanding kids

4. Pinging

5. Gossiping

6. Clubbing

If i don't tell you that you are a Fool,my Conscience will not be at rest

2 Likes

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by kaxhi: 1:28pm On May 06, 2013
Let me start by saying yes to the degrade in reading habits of our teens and youth these days.I will blame all 1st and foremost parents not regulating d use of mobile fones(social vices) for deir wards. 2nd govt. in regards to d educational sector and 3rd d students themselves.bt am very amazed dat most pple here are blaming social media ȋ̝̊̅§ so funny,FYI social networks ȋ̝̊̅§ here to stay and shld xpect a lot more dat will b so distracting dan d once present.nigeria has jst began d era of so called social vices do u fink dat our youth and teens 2day make use of d social networks dan dose in SA,USA,UK,brazil, infact d G20 countries of d world even developing countries like indonesia,singapore,malaysia and the rest.It ȋ̝̊̅§ jst dat deir government ova dere hav used d so called social networks to develop d youths and deir economy.For xample a 14yr old boy in d US design a app and sold d app. to yahoo for ova $340m he ȋ̝̊̅§ nw d richest teen in us.wen d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ interview him on cnn he was always on his PC or mobile fone almost 24hrs a day dat he fell in-love wit facebook,twitter,google +,instagram and d lyks my advice to govt ȋ̝̊̅§ to invest more I.T education and our so called software developers to luk inward and see hw d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ develop more friendly educational apps dat will b appealing to our teens of 2day.bt if u knw u didn't study hard don't come here and vent ur dismay,blame urselfs

1 Like

Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Fynestboi: 1:29pm On May 06, 2013

1. 2go

2. Whatsapp

3. Nairalanding kids

4. Pinging

5. Gossiping

6. Clubbing

sum fool wuld just pibk up deir fone and type jagons
so u want to tell me all dose innocent heads jamb fail get involve in dat gibberish u write up deir,... I spent more dan enuf tym just to beat mai previous jamb scores, if sum1 told me a day b4 d release of d result dat i wnt get above 220, i wuld laff at d pesn coz am 100sure of getng above 290..... Let say d truth JAMB as a board is corrupt and lazy they nid more capable hands and if dey cnt get dey shuld be scrap.. Dis yr UTME is d cheapest set of questn wit d worstest result...
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by Necsy: 1:31pm On May 06, 2013
CrazyMan: An exam where over 90% of its candidates depend on malpractice to excel, what else would you expect when things go bad?
u vry stupid 4 makin such a comment wen d children of d poor ar lamentin at d xpense of deir future nd destiny. Hu told u dat evry1 dat sat 4 d exam cheated. Mayb d 1s dat cnt find deir reg did nt buy jamb nd neva sat 4 it. Nd also d 1s dat cnt verify deir biomet finga print did nt do it b4 de acceptd deir forms on d net; & did nt verify dem b4 de allowd dm go in2 deir exam halls. Mr. Man, must u talk in d public wen u hv ntin 2 say 2 d public? Guuush! Nigerian youth ar disappointd in u
Re: 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? by ErnestAburime(m): 1:32pm On May 06, 2013
What do u expect from a corrupt country.the systerm is bad.right from the govt level to individual level all corrupt.it takes real repentance to change things again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

SHELL Petroleum (SPDC) Scholarship / Seeing This As The Parent, What Would You Do? / Nigerian Teacher Who Teaches By Doing Push Up To Demonstrate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.