Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,454 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise (44534 Views)

9 Ways Girls Display Jealousy When They See Their Boyfriend With Another Girl / I Need A Boyfriend With A Dick Like Dat Of Molla(oko Mola). 12.inches. / Woman Dumps Cheating Boyfriend With A 'Romantic' Note (READ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Aleovera: 9:19pm On May 12, 2013
Hello house,

I have been a consistent guest on this forum and decided to hop on to the next level by becoming a member.. yayy smiley

Okay so, as regards the subject, let me start by giving a brief description of myself or the sort of person I used to be. I used to think of myself as really disciplined, principled and one who would never compromise her values or standards. Also, I used to be so quick to pass judgement. I never could understand why girls dated married men and deluded themselves into thinking they were in love! Not only did I find such circumstances disgustingly annoying but also judged the ladies as silly, stupid, gullible, irresponsible, thoughtless, selfish and cruel!

I also had zero tolerance for people who cheat on their partners. I saw them as discontented and highly undisciplined individuals.

However, I have had reason to change my perspectives as a result of some recent happenings in my life!

I cheated on my partner with a married man! shocked I am totally shocked at myself! The crazy part of this is that I think I fell in love with this married man! My boo and I are tight and have been together for well over 4years and I always thought I could never be attracted to any other man. I have tried to put an end to this craziness because it just ain't worth it but its so hard.

The purpose of this thread is to:
1) Let you all who think so highly of yourself to be careful lest you fall. Never say never! Never think you are too disciplined or smart or principled to fall for certain temptations. Those who know me will never believe me if I tell them I fell for adultery (I can't even believe myself)

2)Seek counsel from people who have gone through this kind of stuff. You had an affair you knew you had to get out of but just couldn't, how did you deal with it.

What I have been doing lately is praying and deliberately not contacting this married dude. (I still find myself thinking about him)I also told my boo I needed a break!

Please let's discuss maturely as I believe there are so many people going through this kinda stuff but cant share with anyone because of the fear of condemnation and peoples hypocritical and self righteous attitude!

12 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by 190: 9:27pm On May 12, 2013
Never say Never - Justin Bierber cool cool

2 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Aleovera: 9:33pm On May 12, 2013
A friend said married men are very normal people, it is just that they are married! She said this when I once questioned how a girl would have inappropriate relations with a man, knowing he is married. We often feel we gat it under control and certain things are beneath us but alas...

@ 190: Thank you for dropping a line.

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 12, 2013
[size=13pt]What I'm getting from this is that you once believed cheating was wrong, but because you're now a cheat yourself, your perspective has changed? Give me a break.

As far as I'm concerned, cheating is one of the worst forms of disrespect to a partner or spouse, and people who cheat are discontented and highly undisciplined human beings. There is such a thing as self-control. In your case, it's not that you lost control, but that you know what's right and wrong and have chosen to do wrong on more than one occasion. You are giving yourself to another woman's husband. What does marriage even mean to you, if anything at all? I'm assuming you want to get married one day. Isn't marriage a sacred union that people are supposed to hold at high regard? If you're disrespecting and desecrating another woman's union, what makes you think yours should even be average, let alone sweet?

How on earth could you even take a break with your boyfriend? If you loved him at all, you wouldn't even consider leaving him for another woman's husband. You told him you need a break as if you're the one that's being hurt. Add the word "selfish" along with discontented and highly undisciplined please.

You are not just wrong, but double wrong. If you have any ounce of morality left in you, come clean with your boyfriend and let him go. I wonder what he's done to deserve having an adulterer as a girlfriend.

And we wonder why STDs are rampant. Shey na 2013? Smh.[/size]

156 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 12, 2013
Aleovera: A friend said married men are very normal people, it is just that they are married! She said this when I once questioned how a girl would have inappropriate relations with a man, knowing he is married. We often feel we gat it under control and certain things are beneath us but alas...

@ 190: Thank you for dropping a line.

[size=13pt]"Just"? That's why you're in your predicament. No respect for marriage at all.

Welcome to Nairaland by the way.[/size]

5 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by WackyJ1(m): 9:41pm On May 12, 2013
Except i purposely decide to cheat. I can never and will never.. Once i have said i won't cheat, i won't cheat, now assuming i am your boo have you given me reason to stick to my promise? Is what you did my reward for being faithful?

4 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 12, 2013
You know, you have a point in your 1st point, sometimes we do things we never believe we can do... So, I ll try not to Judge you.
But If you are trying to justify flaws then you are not ready to make amends.

As for you friend,
Tell her to stay away from married men, they are taken that is what make them different.

10 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by obo389(m): 9:50pm On May 12, 2013
i pity u @OP
As u lay ur bed so u will lay on it undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Enegod(m): 9:51pm On May 12, 2013
Aleovera: Not only did I find such circumstances disgustingly annoying but also judged the ladies as silly, stupid, gullible, irresponsible, thoughtless, selfish and cruel
exactly what you are....

13 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Aleovera: 9:51pm On May 12, 2013
Ogugua, thank you for the welcome. Honestly babe I understand why you seem so vexed and can relate with the passion your post exudes. Reason is I have been at the very place you are. I think you kinda misunderstood the content of my post, I did not leave my boyfriend for a married man, ( I fell in love not loose my mind). The reason I took a break was not to play the victim as you also wrongly assumed, but to re-evaluate things.

I have no intention of stealing any woman's man because I do not see myself having a meaningful relationship with a man who is already taken. Like I said, this thread is to assist all(myself included) who have been entangled in wring relationships to take the bold step of getting out by discussing meaningful ways to do that.

Get rid of the judgmental attitude!

20 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by WackyJ1(m): 10:02pm On May 12, 2013
Aleovera: Ogugua, thank you for the welcome. Honestly babe I understand why you seem so vexed and can relate with the passion your post exudes. Reason is I have been at the very place you are. I think you kinda misunderstood the content of my post, I did not leave my boyfriend for a married man, ( I fell in love not loose my mind). The reason I took a break was not to play the victim as you also wrongly assumed, but to re-evaluate things.

I have no intention of stealing any woman's man because I do not see myself having a meaningful relationship with a man who is already taken. Like I said, this thread is to assist all(myself included) who have been entangled in wring relationships to take the bold step of getting out by discussing meaningful ways to do that.

Sometimes i don't understand you women. How old are you sef that you're acting like a freaking uni teenager? Dont you know what you want? Don't you love your boyfriend? How can you fall in love with a married man? Does your love have no reason?

Okay okay. It's too bad what you did but lets leave that. Look at your plan now, you want to give your boyfriend heart trouble by calling for a break with no good reason and then you plan to come back to your boyfriend when you're ready and keep the secret from him? Is it fair? We may not judge you for your mistake but i damn well will judge you from your current action, infact from what you're doing now, were you ever whom you claimed to be? Why don't you want to do the right thing

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 12, 2013
Aleovera: Ogugua, thank you for the welcome. Honestly babe I understand why you seem so vexed and can relate with the passion your post exudes. Reason is I have been at the very place you are. I think you kinda misunderstood the content of my post, I did not leave my boyfriend for a married man, ( I fell in love not loose my mind). The reason I took a break was not to play the victim as you also wrongly assumed, but to re-evaluate things.

[size=13pt]No, you truly don't understand. If you're cheating with a married man, then you don't understand. Put yourself in the man's wife shoes. If they have children, put yourself in their shoes as well. Then, consider the implications of all of them finding out.
We get it. There are men who cheat. There are married men who cheat. That's a fact of life. However, just because he wants to be stupid doesn't mean you should follow him and be stupid. If you have any self-worth, then you wouldn't stoop so low.

I didn't misunderstand you. You said you cheated on your partner with a married man and took a break from your current boyfriend. I don't think it gets any more explicit than that. What is there to reevaluate? You don't love your boyfriend if you're hiding this from him and telling yourself you've fallen in love with another woman's husband.

If you have no intention of stealing someone else's husband, then cut your ties with him and face your own partner. I know what you or anyone else will say. "It's not that simple". Of course it's not that simple. Why? For one of two reasons. Either because you don't know what you want, or because you want the two of them simultaneously.

Make your choice. The options are actually crystal clear.[/size]

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Mynd44: 10:03pm On May 12, 2013
Where the hell is Ishilove? A little girl needs to have a taste of her koboko to bring her back to her senses cos this one don pass boundary ooo

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Aleovera: 10:04pm On May 12, 2013
WackyJ1: Except i purposely decide to cheat. I can never and will never.. Once i have said i won't cheat, i won't cheat, now assuming i am your boo have you given me reason to stick to my promise? Is what you did my reward for being faithful?

Are you sure about this?
baibijay: You know, you have a point in your 1st point, sometimes we do things we never believe we can do... So, I ll try not to Judge you.
But If you are trying to justify flaws then you are not ready to make amends.

As for you friend,
Tell her to stay away from married men, they are taken that is what make them different.

Don't misunderstand me. She said that to make me understand that the fact that they are married doesn't make them less appealing. They are just as easy to like as a single dude and the title married doesn't make them abnormal but just out of bounds.

I used to think I could NEVER be found in certain situations, this kind is even unthinkable! But the fact that it did has made me more careful about a lot of things.
Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by DigitalSignal(m): 10:10pm On May 12, 2013
Are you saying that what you believed in was wrong because you have cheated on your man and known the truth?
Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Aleovera: 10:12pm On May 12, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Na, you truly don't understand. If you're cheating with a married man, then you don't understand. Put yourself in the man's wife shoes. If they have children, put yourself in their shoes as well. Then, consider the implications of all of them finding out.

I didn't misunderstand you. You said you cheated on your partner with a married man and took a break from your current boyfriend. I don't think it gets any more explicit than that. What is there to reevaluate? You don't love your boyfriend if you're hiding this from him and telling yourself you've fallen in love with another woman's husband.

If you have no intention of stealing someone else's husband, then cut your ties with him and face your own partner. I know what you or anyone else will say. "It's not that simple". Of course it's not that simple. Why? For one of two reasons. Either because you don't know what you want, or because you want the two of them simultaneously.

Make your choice. The options are actually crystal clear.[/size]

I really am excited reading your posts. Its a clear reflection of how much I have grown! Try to get out of yourself, I mean attempt not to respond from the basis of your values and principles, just be a bit open minded. I am telling you, that even as I type this I am in shock that this could happen to me, all because I thought so highly of myself and took things for granted and was caught unawares!

I have attempted to cut ties with him but still slip occasionally. You are currently in love I suppose, imagine he is the wrong person and you have to let go, how do you do that? That's why its not that simple.

9 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 12, 2013
Aleovera: I really am excited reading your posts. Its a clear reflection of how much I have grown! Try to get out of yourself, I mean attempt not to respond from the basis of your values and principles, just be a bit open minded. I am telling you, that even as I type this I am in shock that this could happen to me, all because I thought so highly of myself and took things for granted and was caught unawares!

I have attempted to cut ties with him but still slip occasionally. You are currently in love I suppose, imagine he is the wrong person and you have to let go, how do you do that? That's why its not that simple.

[size=13pt]You've grown to be a married man's side piece of bum. There's growing up and then there's reversion. You can fill in the blanks.

I've made my own hard decisions and I'm grateful I did. I'm a better and happier person for it. It wasn't easy, but it was possible. It was doable.

Solving your problem is doable, except for the fact that you don't want to do anything apart from exonerate yourself from any guilt or wrongdoing. You don't want to change. Until you're ready to want a change and actually do that change, you'll be in your conundrum.[/size]

21 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by WackyJ1(m): 10:14pm On May 12, 2013
Aleovera:

Are you sure about this?

Very very Sure.
I've seen girls i've been attracted to while i was with her but i never collected number or even called...
I never want to do something that would hurt the person i care about especially if i imagine myself being the one cheated on. I imagine the pain it would cause me and even though it is possible that she would never find out, i just remember how unfair it would be and how ironic it would be to do something to someone i cared for. Well this was what i believed till she left me for someone else and now you're coming to tell me this. Any hope for the female race ?

5 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by 190: 10:16pm On May 12, 2013
wait is this OP saying she steals Married men for a living

damn she must be Nigerian for that shocked shocked

na their work undecided

3 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Mynd44: 10:18pm On May 12, 2013
You have values then out of childishness and silliness, you leave those values and then you come here to feel good about yourself.

Classic tale of a Nairalander. Why am I not surprised?
Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Aleovera: 10:19pm On May 12, 2013
DigitalSignal:
Are you saying that what you believed in was wrong because you have cheated on your man and known the truth?

cheesy Of course not! That would be mighty silly of me. Actually, this situation has made me more open minded, realizing how careful I should be about taking things for granted. Before now, I didn't have issues relating with men, married or not because I thought certain boundaries can NEVER be crossed! But with this situation, I thread veeeeery carefully knowing temptations happen and the seemingly untouchable can fall carelessly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Aleovera: 10:22pm On May 12, 2013
WackyJ1:
Very very Sure.
I've seen girls i've been attracted to while i was with her but i never collected number or even called...
I never want to do something that would hurt the person i care about especially if i imagine myself being the one cheated on. I imagine the pain it would cause me and even though it is possible that she would never find out, i just remember how unfair it would be and how ironic it would be to do something to someone i cared for. Well this was what i believed till she left me for someone else and now you're coming to tell me this. Any hope for the female race ?

Yes there's hope. I get what you mean and your post really does give me something really wise to ponder on.
Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Mynd44: 10:25pm On May 12, 2013
Aleovera:

cheesy Of course not! That would be mighty silly of me. Actually, this situation has made me more open minded, realizing how careful I should be about taking things for granted. Before now, I didn't have issues relating with men, married or not because I thought certain boundaries can NEVER be crossed! But with this situation, I thread veeeeery carefully knowing temptations happen and the seemingly untouchable can fall carelessly.
Young woman, you are simply confused, disillusioned and hallucinating.

You are like a dog chasing it's own tail going round and round in circles.

You are like some demented mouse on a thread mill.

You keep burning enrgy trying to exonerate yourself but you ain't doing that. You are simply on the same spot saying the same darned thing.

What you did cannot be defended. You fell in love with a married man and cheated on your BF cos of greed. And by greed, it is not about money, you saw in him what you don't have and you wanted it for yourself.

You saw the property of another woman and you longed for it. You did longer throat and you want to come here to defend it with the usual "It can happen to anyone" BS.

Are you the only single lady out there? Selfishness and greed. Perfect combo.

24 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Aleovera: 10:27pm On May 12, 2013
WackyJ1:
Sometimes i don't understand you women. How old are you sef that you're acting like a freaking uni teenager? Dont you know what you want? Don't you love your boyfriend? How can you fall in love with a married man? Does your love have no reason?

Okay okay. It's too bad what you did but lets leave that. Look at your plan now, you want to give your boyfriend heart trouble by calling for a break with no good reason and then you plan to come back to your boyfriend when you're ready and keep the secret from him? Is it fair? We may not judge you for your mistake but i damn well will judge you from your current action, infact from what you're doing now, were you ever whom you claimed to be? Why don't you want to do the right thing

Very insightful points I must say. Actually, I know what I want, that is why I am not looking to pursue a meaningless relationship with the married dude! I am seriously working on doing the right thing hence my decision to cut of ties with him. But then it doesn't change the fact that I have feelings for him. Feelings are not switches that one can turn off at will. Also, is telling my boo about that immoral affair really the right thing to do?

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 12, 2013
Aleovera:

Don't misunderstand me. She said that to make me understand that the
fact that they are married doesn't make them less appealing. They are
just as easy to like as a single dude and the title married doesn't make
them abnormal but just out of bounds.

I used to think I could NEVER be found in certain situations, this kind
is even unthinkable! But the fact that it did has made me more careful
about a lot of things.

Are you still making excuses for yourself? Mehn thatz a silly, you are xo not sorry, I bet if you see some damn goodlooking guys tmrw he tell you he is some1's dearest hubby well, if you are single @ that time I see you will still jump into it
Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 12, 2013
@OP
- do you think that what you did is "now" something RIGHT to do, simply because you made that mistake?
- are you saying that being attracted to another man is ALL what it takes to justify cheating on your partner?
- have you confessed to your partner that you cheated on him, the person that gave you trust etc?!
- how exactly do you intend to RIGHT the WRONG you did, and help future people that may be in your predicament?
- if you now believe that it is ok to cheat (for whatever flimsy reason) then the only reason you didnt do that before was NOT because you were a GOOD partner, but simply because you had not met the proper person to cheat on your partner with.

10 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Aleovera: 10:37pm On May 12, 2013
baibijay:

Are you still making excuses for yourself? Mehn thatz a silly, you are xo not sorry, I bet if you see some damn goodlooking guys tmrw he tell you he is some1's dearest hubby well, if you are single @ that time I see you will still jump into it

Your assumption is wrong.

@ Myndd: You seem so angry, why? you can actually make your point in a civil manner you know.

Now let me make this clear, there is no intention to justify any wrong here, I am not looking to keep the relationship, rather I want out hence my calling on all who have been in similar situation to share how they handled it.
Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Enegod(m): 10:38pm On May 12, 2013
reasons why you cheated on your bf with a married man;
1.your bf couldn't satisfy you financially and you now turn to runz gal...you were attracted to his wealth or
2. your bf couldn't satisfy you sexually,maybe his tyn is like his last finger...and you startd looking for married men coz you were told they have experience..
op may God forgive you

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by WackyJ1(m): 10:42pm On May 12, 2013
This world is totally not fair... Hope boyfriend kept backup oh. Odikwa necessary

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Mynd44: 10:42pm On May 12, 2013
Enegod: reasons why you cheated on your bf with a married man;
1.your bf couldn't satisfy you financially and you now turn to runz gal...you were attracted to his wealth or
2. your bf couldn't satisfy you sexually,maybe his tyn is like his last finger...and you startd looking for married men coz you were told they have experience..
op may God forgives you
Simple. Greed and selfishness.

And oh before we forget, the man too has some blame in this. It am blaming the OP not cos she cheated with a married man but because she cheated.

The fault of a married man cheating is on the man himself. The OP has no business with the wife as she did not swear in front of God and man to her, he did

3 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 12, 2013
WackyJ1: This world is totally not fair... Hope boyfriend kept backup oh. Odikwa necessary

[size=13pt]I can't even begin to imagine how the guy is feeling.[/size]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I'm So Addicted To Prostitutes. I Feel Suicidal. / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Corpers Who Met On NYSC Camp / Friends Contribute To Buy Their Girlfriend A Jeep On Her Birthday(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.