Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,910 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. (28899 Views)

Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading / How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 2:49am On May 27, 2013
Rocktation: Mine did. wink
For how long were you guys apart. It also depends on the distance...Trans-atlantic relationships may not stand the test of wide oceans and time. smiley
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by SpicyMimi(f): 5:27am On May 27, 2013
rokiatu:

I understand luv. Been there done it. I wouldn't wish it upon my enemy thats all. Good luck mate.
Its a total mess, nd its completely insane...crazy, foolish nd serious torture....its a No No! smiley

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 5:28am On May 27, 2013
SpicyMimi:
Its a total mess, nd its completely insane...crazy, foolish nd serious torture....its a No No! smiley

Your smart.

You forgot to add depressing as well love. The distance slowly makes one depressed.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 7:04am On May 27, 2013
I Woke Up to Bump into this Rokiatu's thread and I know its for 2 Reasons; either to make me quit Loving her Or to get me defending LDR - Well, I chose the Latter tongue

I'd start by saying LDR Is not for everyone, Yeah Its not. Its for those who really believe In Love-am not discrediting the everyday Lovers anyway.

Like some on here would say, LDR Is total madness, stupid, meaningless, two People decieving themselves and Blah Blah, U're right with all that but then, I've never seen a true Love that is 'too Serious', its always Stupid with Useless decision made In it.

When U meet someone Online and fall In Love, u must have spotted few attributes in the Person that hitted u off the Sense pedestal, u'd wish to Share ur life history with her, that'll eventually get u Proposing. That is not madness! That she's not around for u to get Involved in her Life doesnt mean U she will never Come around.

In ma 1year of been In a LDR, ve learnt so many things about Life not Just Love-things that've mutated me Into a better man [Eg - I can actually stay Up Months without Craving for a Kpekus to screw], thats a Positive cheesy

A LDR would work well If u both would first know the Parameters u're traversing On. What u both want to achieve from the relationship and how best to achieve It - A target keeps U both Focused!

Dont center Ur thoughts on staying apart forever, make Plans to be together and Just believe that staying apart at the Moment is a building stone to Ur dream Love Life not a Stumbling block. Once in a while visits helps, and getting Intimate in that bluemoon visit helps more wink

Then Communication! Need I say a thing about this factor? Its the Only thing that keep the Bond glued and also replace those Skin to Skin affections atleast for the meantime.

Take out time to Profer ideas for the relationship! I'd sometimes Call her and seek for tips on how to make a Particular meal, we'd be on the phone tru the duration of the cooking, Its total fun! We're Into mental and Skills challenge too, we stargaze on phone, we read out written Poems together on phone Etc - These are Ideas that HELPS!

Then above all, Trust and Sacrifice are the watchwords for a LDR - Ma Gf knows about that, and we're certainly giving our all.

The article u picked Up that disparaged LDR Views was written by Someone, someone who might have been a Failure in it - Am not a failure In a LDR and wont Be!

I wish I could go On and On on this, but I know how NL'anders hate lengthy Posts grin

18 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 7:04am On May 27, 2013
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 7:07am On May 27, 2013
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by chronique(m): 7:17am On May 27, 2013
You need more exam sheets to finish your test? undecided the invigilator would be back to mark your scripts.

El Guapo: I Woke Up to Bump into this Rokiatu's thread and I know its for 2 Reasons; either to make me quit Loving her Or to get me defending LDR - Well, I chose the Latter tongue

I'd start by saying LDR Is not for everyone, Yeah Its not. Its for those who really believe In Love-am not discrediting the everyday Lovers anyway.

Like some on here would say, LDR Is total madness, stupid, meaningless, two People decieving themselves and Blah Blah, U're right with all that but then, I've never seen a true Love that is 'too Serious', its always Stupid with Useless decision made In it.

When U meet someone Online and fall In Love, u must have spotted few attributes in the Person that hitted u off the Sense pedestal, u'd wish to Share ur life history with her, that'll eventually get u Proposing. That is not madness! That she's not around for u to get Involved in her Life doesnt mean U she will never Come around.

In ma 1year of been In a LDR, ve learnt so many things about Life not Just Love-things that've mutated me Into a better man [Eg - I can actually stay Up Months without Craving for a Kpekus to screw], thats a Positive cheesy

A LDR would work well If u both would first know the Parameters u're traversing On. What u both want to achieve from the relationship and how best to achieve It - A target keeps U both Focused!

Dont center Ur thoughts on staying apart forever, make Plans to be together and Just believe that staying apart at the Moment is a building stone to Ur dream Love Life not a Stumbling block. Once in a while visits helps, and getting Intimate in that bluemoon visit helps more wink

Then Communication! Need I say a thing about this factor? Its the Only thing that keep the Bond glued and also replace those Skin to Skin affections atleast for the meantime.

Take out time to Profer ideas for the relationship! I'd sometimes Call her and seek for tips on how to make a Particular meal, we'd be on the phone tru the duration of the cooking, Its total fun! We're Into mental and Skills challenge too, we stargaze on phone, we read out written Poems together on phone Etc - These are Ideas that HELPS!

Then above all, Trust and Sacrifice are the watchwords for a LDR - Ma Gf knows about that, and we're certainly giving our all.

The article u picked Up that disparaged LDR Views was written by Someone, someone who might have been a Failure in it - Am not a failure In a LDR and wont Be!

I wish I could go On and On on this, but I know how NL'anders hate lengthy Posts grin

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 7:23am On May 27, 2013
chronique: You need more exam sheets to finish your test? undecided the invigilator would be back to mark your scripts.

Do you Usually wake Up early to sound funny and Stewped?

6 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Temismith(f): 7:27am On May 27, 2013
Its rreally not easy being in a long distance relationship.

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by chronique(m): 7:34am On May 27, 2013
Not on the plateau of peeps who're usually too quick to get ruffled up in mud even when there's no need to do so. "You can pay for school but you can't buy class". I'd act like I didn't see the insult. Goodmorning mr. Do have a swell day @ work.

El Guapo:

Do you Usually wake Up early to sound funny and Stewped?
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 7:35am On May 27, 2013
Temismith: Its rreally not easy being in a long distance relationship.

Neither Is it easy been In an everyday relationship.

4 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 7:40am On May 27, 2013
chronique: Not on the plateau of peeps who're usually too quick to get ruffled up in mud even when there's no need to do so. "You can pay for school but you can't buy class". I'd act like I didn't see the insult. Goodmorning mr. Do have a swell day @ work.

Would Care-less getting ruffled Up in mud Just to see that the message Beats past that Underdeveloped Germ Cell!

Humanitarian Service comes In many ways...

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by kasheemawo(m): 7:46am On May 27, 2013
LDR is killing me slowly now,i have been dating this girl for the past 6 years and we got engaged last year yet still on a LDR,my plight now is that i caught her dating another guy in the state she was despite that we have been engaged.no she has gone back and i find it very to trust her for a second unless she is with me.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by stefanlover: 7:52am On May 27, 2013
kasheemawo: LDR is killing me slowly now,i have been dating this girl for the past 6 years and we got engaged last year yet still on a LDR,my plight now is that i caught her dating another guy in the state she was despite that we have been engaged.no she has gone back and i find it very to trust her for a second unless she is with me.
Good luck mate. grin grin grin grin
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by stefanlover: 7:54am On May 27, 2013
chronique: You need more exam sheets to finish your test? undecided the invigilator would be back to mark your scripts.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by stefanlover: 8:00am On May 27, 2013

hhhhahahahhaha

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by stefanlover: 8:02am On May 27, 2013
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 8:03am On May 27, 2013
kasheemawo: LDR is killing me slowly now,i have been dating this girl for the past 6 years and we got engaged last year yet still on a LDR,my plight now is that i caught her dating another guy in the state she was despite that we have been engaged.no she has gone back and i find it very to trust her for a second unless she is with me.

I Understand how U feel Bro.

Dont u think ur partner would still have Cheated on you if u were together? I mean, we're talking about the feminine Gender here.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by stefanlover: 8:03am On May 27, 2013
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by kasheemawo(m): 8:32am On May 27, 2013
stefan lover:
Good luck mate. grin grin grin grin
did u mean u are experience the same??
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by ohaleoghene(f): 9:00am On May 27, 2013
Deiok: oops sorri wink he is finaly going to pop your V.

Off course ! We are now courting to get married soon cheesy
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 9:06am On May 27, 2013
cool cool cool

9 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by xynerise: 9:11am On May 27, 2013
Long distance relationship gives room for infidelity

5 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by haitto99(m): 9:15am On May 27, 2013
El Guapo: I Woke Up to Bump into this Rokiatu's thread and I know its for 2 Reasons; either to make me quit Loving her Or to get me defending LDR - Well, I chose the Latter tongue

boss u are rite my ldr is not goin badly,infact itz fun,we see every month end and I make sure she always look forward to it
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 9:37am On May 27, 2013
xynerise: Long distance relationship gives room for infidelity

Oga Xyne Inasmuch as u're married and u're Living with Skydeep, dont u still Cheat On her? Say the truth and shame the Devil grin

Every Relationship has got a drop of Infidelty In it, it could come from the Man Or the Woman - LDR cant be an exception.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Les: 9:44am On May 27, 2013
rokiatu:

I understand luv. Been there done it. I wouldn't wish it upon my enemy thats all. Good luck mate.
merci
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by zeongeon: 9:50am On May 27, 2013
Its not about d long distance relationship is just about the pple off this generation and time so selfish and insatiable with d advent of phones,social networks,video chat and all pple still complain abt long relationship..does the short distance relationship even work out even with d constant seeing, attention and "sex" Our parents and pple off d past had it worse when there was no phones and internet and they communicated using just letters, letters that may take days, weeks or months to get to the person..still they got married and have grown old together...us with phone and technology we still complain...even with d short distance relationship pple breakup every now and then...Let's tell ourselves the truth..the Distance is not the problem.

8 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 9:51am On May 27, 2013
zeongeon: Its not about d long distance relationship is just about the pple off this generation and time so selfish and insatiable with d advent of phones,social networks,video chat and all pple still complain abt long relationship..does the short distance relationship even work out even with d constant seeing, attention and "sex" Our parents and pple off d past had it worse when there was no phones and internet and they communicated using just letters, letters that may take days, weeks or months to get to the person..still they got married and have grown old together...us with phone and technology we still complain...even with d short distance relationship pple breakup every now and then...Let's tell ourselves the truth..the Distance is not the problem.

Spot On
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by AtheistD(m): 9:57am On May 27, 2013
Been there, done that. It is ultimately a failure because of intimacy and need for physical emotional contact. One party eventually gets bored and the other party gets cheated on and gets their heart broken.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by xynerise: 10:05am On May 27, 2013
El Guapo:

Oga Xyne Inasmuch as u're married and u're Living with Skydeep, dont u still Cheat On her? Say the truth and shame the Devil grin

Every Relationship has got a drop of Infidelty In it, it could come from the Man Or the Woman - LDR cant be an exception.
Before I marry her na e I cheat finish. I don tire. I have never cheated on her tongue.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by AtheistD(m): 10:14am On May 27, 2013
El Guapo:

Not my relationships. I never cheat tongue smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Love, Sex And Relationships / Download Mp3 Messages By Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo On Love, Dating, Marriage, Sex / 25 Warning Signs Of A Possible Breakup In Your Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.