Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,078 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. (28904 Views)

Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading / How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Screwface(m): 10:20am On May 27, 2013
My parents are in a Long Distance Marriage at the moment. They've spanned 20 years in that sorta arrangement and they've coped admirably well.

I've also been involved heavily in it too, but it's not something I'l want to do again. Honestly, LDR's is not the way forward. Modern relationships immediately loose touch, feel, sense of the whole thing after a while. It isn't healthy, honestly.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 10:33am On May 27, 2013
El Guapo: cool cool cool

Chillaxx dude we know you're in luv. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 11:28am On May 27, 2013
rokiatu:

Chillaxx dude we know you're in luv. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Exactly! I hate to be Shitted by a Nxt door Lover grin

Atheist:-D:

Not my relationships. I never cheat tongue smiley

Then u were cheated tongue
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by hustla(m): 2:08pm On May 27, 2013
This write up is devoid of any sense.. i am not in a LDR but a relationship takes mature minds and two people who really want to be together..
What if you get married to that brother that has always stayed around your area and you enjoy intimacy and all that with.. but immediately after marriage he is transferred from Nigeria to .. say Qatar.. you will miss his touch and all that and fornicate?? Will you break up the marriage?? Better use ya brain small small...

If the OP actually thinks like this, then he/she shouldnt bother marrying...

*wondering*
This has to be ma sanest ever comment on Nairaland grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by chronique(m): 2:12pm On May 27, 2013
How come there's so much traffic here? Hmmmm. Let me see if it's on front page.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by ony073: 2:14pm On May 27, 2013
Abegi jooor, comot jare.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by claremont(m): 2:16pm On May 27, 2013
I think the kind of LDR that is been spoken of in the article is that in which both parties actually met online and cultivated their so-called relationship purely online without ever having met each other physically. This is quite different from a relationship were both parties have met face-to-face before been separated by distance for some reason. The latter is perfectly understandable, but the former makes no sense whatsoever.

I have never really understood why some people would ignore potential partners around where they live and work, but choose to give all their attention to an online stranger.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by meine: 2:17pm On May 27, 2013
LDR is not the best way to go even though it works in certain circumstances which are the exceptions to the rule. It takes a lot of maturity, Trust and commitment from both parties for LDR to work. It worked for a couple of people i know, i mean perfect strangers in different countries who met online, got married and are living the good life till date. In such cases the parties involved knew what they wanted before they met and they didn't date for donkey years before they got wedded.

If i have to choose though, i will never,ever choose the LDR route. I have been down that road and the stress is not just worth it.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by MajHeadache: 2:18pm On May 27, 2013
LDRs are a heartbreak waiting to happen.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by hustla(m): 2:19pm On May 27, 2013
claremont: I think the kind of LDR that is been spoken of in the article is that in which both parties actually met online and cultivated their so-called relationship purely online without ever having met each other physically. This is quite different from a relationship were both parties have met face-to-face before been separated by distance for some reason. The latter is perfectly understandable, but the former makes no sense whatsoever.

I have never really understood why some people would ignore potential partners around where they live and work, but choose to give all their attention to an online stranger.

you have said it all

Dazzal!
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by geosegun(m): 2:22pm On May 27, 2013
Mine worked. So it depends on the people that are involved and of course, God's blessing.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by viexcey(f): 2:32pm On May 27, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]
The problem is, most people don't define their relationship before dating.they just jumped into it cause others are doing it too.
Ldrs or Sdrs is not and will never be the issue. Every Rs has its own problem,the way you manage it determines if it will fail or succeed.
If you like live with your bf/gf in the same house, if its not well managed,it wouldn't work.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by MajHeadache: 2:37pm On May 27, 2013
geosegun: Mine worked. So it depends on the people that are involved and of course, God's blessing.

I bet she gurgled up alot of different Sea Men when you guys were apart.

You don't understand a woman.

A woman needs a man rite by her side always to keep her from turning into a slut.

If you are not around the next d1ck that swings her way will get her attention and desires.

Think about it...

Summary of what I am rattling about is that a woman's allegiance is equal to the worth of used toilet papers.

Woe unto any man that feels contended with life because he thinks he has a woman that loves him.

Women can fall in love in the morning, b1tch in the afternoon, break up with you in the evening and wake up in the arms of another man the next day.

All this feminist crap isn't helping either, with blurry gender roles and false equity being propped up between men and women.

A woman will cheat on you, tell you in your face, cry and tell you it was your fault that another d1ck got jammed into her mouth because you were not sensitive to her needs.

And there is no pleasing them either. Money, looks, d1ck size, intelligence aside she will still cheat on you if you given them the excuse.

God designed them to have a limited productive span for a reason as against Men.

Treat them like a piece of ploughed fields, if it isn't fertile or useful any more move on.

I hate Islam with passion but one thing I know is that polygamy (if you chose to want to make a lifetime vow to an inherent hoe specie) is the best option when it comes to how to handle women.

Why manage when you don't even need to recycle but dump and get a new one?

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 27, 2013
[quote
author=passionate88] I dey tell u. There must be suspicion, no matter
how d person dm try to hide am dm go still dey suspect dia gf/bf. Bt sm
gals prefer am because d guy go fit dey send dm gifts bt im no go chop
kpekus.[/quote]

ROTFLMAO....a true situation is above
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by MajHeadache: 2:45pm On May 27, 2013
Screwface: My parents are in a Long Distance Marriage at the moment.

Dude get a DNA test quick! Your father may actually double as your neighbor.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by meine: 2:46pm On May 27, 2013
Maj. Headache:

A woman needs a man rite by her side always to keep her from turning into a slut.

If you are not around the next d1ck that swings her way will get her attention and desires.

Think about it...

Summary of what I am rattling about is that a woman's allegiance is equal to the worth of used toilet papers.

Woe unto any man that feels contended with life because he thinks he has a woman that loves him.

Women can fall in love in the morning, b1tch in the afternoon, break up with you in the evening and wake up in the arms of another man the next day.

All this feminist crap isn't helping either, with blurry gender roles and false equity being propped up between men and women.

A woman will cheat on you, tell you in your face, cry and tell you it was your fault that another d1ck got jammed into her mouth because you were not sensitive to her needs.

And there is no pleasing them either. Money, looks, d1ck size, intelligence aside she will still cheat on you if you given them the excuse.

God designed them to have a limited productive span for a reason as against Men.

Treat them like a piece of ploughed fields, if it isn't fertile or useful any more move on.

I hate Islam with passion but one thing I know is that polygamy (if you chose to want to make a lifetime vow to an inherent hoe specie) is the best option when it comes to how to handle women.

Stop generalizing sir, all women and men cant be the same. Infact the percentage of those who have no values are very few. Forgive whoever jilted you and take time to heal sir.

4 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by omicron(m): 2:47pm On May 27, 2013
Generalizations are always fallacies. LDR can and does work. Mind you that most people will find themselves in a LDR situation at one or more points in their relationships.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by xpether: 2:48pm On May 27, 2013
I ended mine yesterday, LDRs really sucks, have not been myself since yesterday, thinking that how and where do I start from. Thou am still very young, but it has not been easy.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Obinoscopy(m): 2:51pm On May 27, 2013
LDR can't work with me cos I'm a bad caller. My girl wld die of too much worries and complaints if we are far apart grin.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by MajHeadache: 2:51pm On May 27, 2013
meine:

Stop generalizing sir, all women and men cant be the same. Infact the percentage of those who have no values are very few. Forgive whoever jilted you and take time to heal sir.

Maybe in the time of our parents but women today?

Guy, I am not only speaking from the negative experience I had with some but also from all the one-nite stands I have had.

And if you must know, women in relationships (engaged or married) are the easiest to have a fling with.

They are never ever contended with what they have.

Do you know that 100% of women (including our mothers) have thought of how it will be if they were prostitutes?

That most women fantasize about being rapes or gang bangs?

I am too smart and older to ever trust talk-less of love a woman.

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 27, 2013
Maj. Headache:
Maybe in the time of our parents but women today?

Guy, I am not only speaking from the negative experience I had with some but also from all the one-nite stands I have had.

And if you must know, women in relationships (engaged or married) are the easiest to have a fling with.

They are never ever contended with what they have.

Do you know that 100% of women (including our mothers) have thought of how it will be if they were prostitutes?

That most women fantasize about being rapes or gang bangs?

I am too smart and older to ever trust talk-less of love a woman.

[size=13pt]You want to give relationship advice because you've had numerous one night stands?[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by MajHeadache: 2:55pm On May 27, 2013
omicron: Generalizations are always fallacies. LDR can and does work. Mind you that most people will find themselves in a LDR situation at one or more points in their relationships.

SMH!

When everything seems blissful in a relationship and your woman isn't nagging at you then know she is cheating on you.

She is still weighing the pros and cons of dating you, when she gets something more rewarding she will mail you.

I like my relationships before and now. I drive my girls crazy with hysteria and paranoia. They keep checking my phone and snooping around. If you LDR girlfriend doesn't do all these so-called childish things chances are she is sucking juicer meat on the side for free.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by MajHeadache: 2:58pm On May 27, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]You want to give relationship advice because you've had numerous one night stands?[/size]

More than qualified!

If most of the women I have had a fling with are dating or married(I did not know!) blissfully then who better.

I am not giving relationship advice, I am only sounding a strong warning to OP!
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 27, 2013
Maj. Headache:
More than qualified!

If most of the women I have had a fling with are dating or married(I did not know!) blissfully then who better.

I am not giving relationship advice, I am only sounding a strong warning to OP!

[size=13pt]The OP didn't write the article. She merely read it somewhere and posted it here for our reading pleasure.

Some people do well in short distance relationships. Some people succeed at long distance relationships. Regardless of one's preference, people always break up. There's no dating or relationship style that hasn't been met with failure.
With that said, what will be will be. Because it hasn't worked for you doesn't mean you should discourage others. Love is a beautiful thing, be it two inches apart, two states apart, or two continents apart.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:04pm On May 27, 2013
Les: Stop preaching against it, for d fact it didn't work out for u doesn't mean it wont for others...
dude, thanks.
Mine is currently perfect, and my friends' too. They all got married and no lele!

What i realised is,

1. It is not meant for kids

2. Not for who is mentally weak

3. Not for people who has no control over their emotions

4. not for d broke!

Long distance relationship are d best. We really won't make it if i can see u evertime and anytime! This is wen u find a cause to argue and fight!

LDR requires grt commitment, maturity and grt undstnding. So why d first point is necessary!
Lemme ask wot will u do if ur mate have to travel for a course abroad or work issue far away from home? Do u go abt sleepin with ur dog?
Utter nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 27, 2013
[size=13pt]Well, that's your opinion. Some people don't mind the challenge. My uncle and his fiancée were apart for four years. She joined him in March and they're marrying in August. It works for people and it will continue to work for some people.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 27, 2013
Hilariousgringrin

Internetgringrin
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by MajHeadache: 3:20pm On May 27, 2013
SLIDE waxie:

LDR requires grt commitment, maturity and grt undstnding.

Coming from a badoo 5 star General!
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Suljosh: 3:22pm On May 27, 2013
ohaleoghene: Am in one right now . Menh , I won't advise anybody who is not strong to try it . The only why am faithful is because am a v , else , would have gone crazy if I had tasted the tin , and suddenly stop having it . While , four years gone , everything is ending this year cheesy
you're right. Mine ended badly, she wanna be friend with me but I don't, cuz I've sacrifice so much to make it work but she cheat. now she want me back bt I don't. I still love her dou.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by MajHeadache: 3:23pm On May 27, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Well, that's your opinion. Some people don't mind the challenge. My uncle and his fiancée were apart for four years. She joined him in March and they're marrying in August. It works for people and it will continue to work for some people.[/size]

Can you honestly sit their and tell your self that your uncle and his fiance never had sex with another person for 4yrs?

They are just deceiving themselves.

If your uncle truly loved her and she him, no distance will be too small to conquer.

Listen to this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hB16oDxpbc
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by adorable29(f): 3:24pm On May 27, 2013
Maj. Headache:

Think about it...

Me think u are a sad sad sad little man! Pele!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Thanks 1st Wife With A Money Bouquet For Allowing Him Marry A 2nd Wife (Vid) / The Naked Truth / Pot Belly vs. 6-pack Abs - Which Do Our Babes Prefer? [IMAGES]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.