Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,049 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. (28903 Views)

Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading / How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 27, 2013
Maj. Headache:
Can you honestly sit their and tell your self that your uncle and his fiance never had sex with another person for 4yrs?

[size=13pt]Yes, I can.[/size]

Maj. Headache:
Last time I checked, relationships are not just about sex.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 27, 2013
Maj. Headache:

I bet she gurgled up alot of different Sea Men when you guys were apart.

You don't understand a woman.

A woman needs a man rite by her side always to keep her from turning into a slut.

If you are not around the next d1ck that swings her way will get her attention and desires.

Think about it...

Summary of what I am rattling about is that a woman's allegiance is equal to the worth of used toilet papers.

Woe unto any man that feels contended with life because he thinks he has a woman that loves him.

Women can fall in love in the morning, b1tch in the afternoon, break up with you in the evening and wake up in the arms of another man the next day.

All this feminist crap isn't helping either, with blurry gender roles and false equity being propped up between men and women.

A woman will cheat on you, tell you in your face, cry and tell you it was your fault that another d1ck got jammed into her mouth because you were not sensitive to her needs.

And there is no pleasing them either. Money, looks, d1ck size, intelligence aside she will still cheat on you if you given them the excuse.

God designed them to have a limited productive span for a reason as against Men.

Treat them like a piece of ploughed fields, if it isn't fertile or useful any more move on.

I hate Islam with passion but one thing I know is that polygamy (if you chose to want to make a lifetime vow to an inherent hoe specie) is the best option when it comes to how to handle women.

Why manage when you don't even need to recycle but dump and get a new one?
hahahaha gringrin wondersgrin
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by MajHeadache: 3:31pm On May 27, 2013
adorable29: Me think u are a sad sad sad little man! Pele!

I am everything but NOT SAD or A MUGGU!

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by delors(m): 3:36pm On May 27, 2013
Madam OP, please be careful how u sensitize people on things that didnt work out well for you. You might be responsible for destryoing some dreams o. I 'll start with my aunt's.

My aunt's friend left Lagos in 1996. They kept communicating but not frequently. In 2003, he came back, got married to her. Left. The following year, she joined him in Canada and now they have a big family together, living happy and satisfied.

My step sister, met a Nigerian living in the UK online in 2003. They dated and eventually, he came home in 2006, got married and they are both in the UK now. If I mention his name, many people living in the UK would know him so I better keep that.
I met my wife in Lagos a few days before I went to the North to serve in 2006. We barely saw each other during my service We kept calling and texting. When I finished service, she began hers and was posted to Bayelsa. We kept calling and texting again. Now we r married.

So madam preacher, be tactical when relating ur experience because it is unsafe to generalize.

3 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by PvtParts1: 3:37pm On May 27, 2013
LDRs are the microwave dinners of relationships.

You don't really want it but you have to be desperately lonely to be in one.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by PvtParts1: 3:41pm On May 27, 2013
delors:

My aunt's friend left Lagos in 1996. They kept communicating but not frequently. In 2003, he came back, got married to her. Left. The following year, she joined him in Canada and now they have a big family together, living happy and satisfied.

Stop confusing a break in a relationship as a LDR.

delors:

My step sister, meet a Nigerian living in the UK online in 2003. They dated and eventually, he came home in 2006, got married and they are both in the UK now.

They courted ONLINE and not dated. BIG DIFFERENCE.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by PvtParts1: 3:44pm On May 27, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Yes, I can.[/size]

HORSE SHIT
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:47pm On May 27, 2013
Maj. Headache:

Coming from a badoo 5 star General!

come on dude! I said 'commitment'! That doesn't mean u can't walk and chew d gum at the same time na! cool
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by BashToks: 3:49pm On May 27, 2013
No offense but the lot of you with this mindset usually end up as cheating wives/husbands. What happens when your wife/husband job or other obligations carry them out of town for 6 months? The Konji go overpower you. A LDR is the best kind of training you can get for future situations like this
Well, whatever works for one sha. Am in an off and on LDR thanks for asking grin

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by nous(f): 3:53pm On May 27, 2013
LDR can be successful but it becomes difficult when one party is distracted and is not putting in the necessary commitment to make the relationship a success.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 27, 2013
Maj. Headache:
Can you honestly sit their and tell your self that your uncle and his fiance never had sex with another person for 4yrs?

They are just deceiving themselves.

If your uncle truly loved her and she him, no distance will be too small to conquer.

Listen to this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hB16oDxpbc

Am sure U know that Lots of People are not Like you. Sex could mean nothing In relationships such people have found themselves, Unlike U!

We're humans with diverging preferences, must u Impose urs on other people?

Am In a LDR cos I know what I want and I went for what I want. U shouldn't for a Split second think its a decision borne out of 'Been Undecided' whatsoever - Am allergic to been Undecided cos am not Maj headache.

Censor ur Choice of words bro, we know u're trying to make a point against LDR but u're still looking like the Clueless Logician here.

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Pink1: 3:57pm On May 27, 2013
Maj. Headache:

I bet she gurgled up alot of different Sea Men when you guys were apart.

You don't understand a woman.

A woman needs a man rite by her side always to keep her from turning into a slut.

If you are not around the next d1ck that swings her way will get her attention and desires.

Think about it...

Summary of what I am rattling about is that a woman's allegiance is equal to the worth of used toilet papers.

Woe unto any man that feels contended with life because he thinks he has a woman that loves him.

Women can fall in love in the morning, b1tch in the afternoon, break up with you in the evening and wake up in the arms of another man the next day.

All this feminist crap isn't helping either, with blurry gender roles and false equity being propped up between men and women.

A woman will cheat on you, tell you in your face, cry and tell you it was your fault that another d1ck got jammed into her mouth because you were not sensitive to her needs.

And there is no pleasing them either. Money, looks, d1ck size, intelligence aside she will still cheat on you if you given them the excuse.

God designed them to have a limited productive span for a reason as against Men.

Treat them like a piece of ploughed fields, if it isn't fertile or useful any more move on.

I hate Islam with passion but one thing I know is that polygamy (if you chose to want to make a lifetime vow to an inherent hoe specie) is the best option when it comes to how to handle women.

Why manage when you don't even need to recycle but dump and get a new one?

You sir must be a slowpoke undecided
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Emoska(m): 3:59pm On May 27, 2013
uniqueval: OP, dere are several categories of Long distance relationship... And its not all of them that fail... To maintain a LDR, dere must be love, trust, self-control and discipline... If one can't have that, it is bound to head for the rocks... I know of many LDRs that turned out great and some that didn't for one reason or the other... Love is a free bird. No one knows where its gonna put its nest... Some pple may not like LDR but in one way or the other find themselves in it... It could be you again...!

u just say my mind. Am i a LDR and am happy oo
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Idowuogbo(f): 4:00pm On May 27, 2013
Pink!:

I agree.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Emoska(m): 4:02pm On May 27, 2013
Mine is working out fine......... Those saying it doesn't I beliver are they type who beliver in everyday sex
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by MajHeadache: 4:02pm On May 27, 2013
Pink!:

Idowuogbo:
I agree.

Stop hiding behind your photoshoped pics and date a guy on your own level rather than decieving yourself that you have one magga wanting to marry you in between your d1ck juggling act
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by elhadjkoko(m): 4:04pm On May 27, 2013
I'm in one right now, we never knew it would later turn out to be a LDR, but it did. she is someone I jst can't let go of, while I am like that to her too.
U might be right about d hurt it brings atimes, but her being special makes me wana put everything into it, what helps is that we're both the soooo busy type & we've been able to build a very strong foundation for the relationship before the crazy distance came between us.
So that it doesn't work for some people dnt mean it wnt work for others, I Luv my boo & hell I jst can't imagine my life without her... So if only a few years wait to finally get to be with her forever is what is required, then I'll do it.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by MaziOmenuko: 4:04pm On May 27, 2013
One man's meat becomes another's fish. I believe that two cannot work together unless they agree; it all depends on the parties involved.

Inasmuch as LDR's could be depressing and frustrating, it actually works for some peeps. I had an LDR that was so frustrating that I had to end it; that was years ago. It didn't deter me from trying it out again, and that one was very smooth and lovely. We see twice a month, and every meeting is memorable cool.

Like someone said, the one you're living with daily will still cheat on you and you won't have a clue.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by delors(m): 4:04pm On May 27, 2013
Pvt. Parts:

Stop confusing a break in a relationship as a LDR.

They courted ONLINE and not dated. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Private parts? (lolz, even ur name self is a joke), I checked the whole thread, you havent made any point of note, nor a contribution. Mine is clear, what didnt work for A could work for B, so dont generalize. I have seen several long distance relationships work out and several close (or whatever it is called) relationship hit the bricks. the point is clear.

WHAT IS YOUR OWN POINT PRIVATE PARTS? ARE U MERELY AN OBSERVER?
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Excel30: 4:14pm On May 27, 2013
If the two people involved are ready to make it work,it will,because it takes two to make it work.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by MajHeadache: 4:25pm On May 27, 2013
LDRs can't work because of women.

They are not trustworthy.

I have a very bad anecdote that I will share with you.

Emeka loves his girl and he thinks she loves him back. Story!

Emeka resides in Lagos were he manages his business. His girlfriend (lets call her Uduoka) is still in the university back in the east.
Emeka makes it a habit of calling Uduoka every day and is caring enough to ask and see to it she and her family back home do not lack anything.

But what Emeka does not know (which some will say may not hurt him) is that Uduoka hardly attends lectures and she is far away from the sleepy campus town she tells Emeka she is.

Uduoka spends most of her semesters and breaks in Abuja with some of her friends. They are seriously into clubbing and whoring about.

I met Uduoka and found her very attractive. She tried playing the innocent girl;"I want to secure NYSC posting here in Abuja", "I will be graduating next month". But I know her type too well.

She had hardly sat down when she arrived at our arranged date venue and her phones were buzzing one after the other.
It is worthy to note that from the kind of phone collections these type of girls carry you can discern a lot about them. She had an expensive smart phone which was probably given to her by one magga or stolen by her. She had a normal descent WAP phone which I quickly guessed her bf bought for her and she also carried a cheap nokia phone which looked very new (This was the phone she scrolled to show me the message I sent her. The dedicated "runs" line).

To cut the crap, I slept with Uduoka that same day and paid her off.

She randomly called me after that and for the next 5mths I had a lot of s3x from her.

She knew I knew what she was all about and she told me in order to douse her whoreness that she had a nice bf. She showed me his pics on her phone (the one he bought her) and talked crap in between sucking my c0rk.

We became really comfortable with each other (not relationship wise) that she added me on her facebook.

All good things come to an end and my fully paid no string attached relationship with Uduoka came to an end.

As it's typical with her type, the number she gave me was switched off when she left Abuja.

2mths later I see Uduaka's graduation pics as her new profile picture captioned "Glory be to God". I wished her well through personal message. She does not reply. A moth go by and her see her traditional wedding pictures. I was drunk at the time and I wrote " The lucky man can now kiss the my d1ck".

She blocked me.

She must have had at least 2 kids by now and a very "happy" home and husband.

End of story.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by PvtParts1: 4:30pm On May 27, 2013
Maj. Headache:

Emeka resides in Lagos were he manages his business. His girlfriend (lets call her Uduoka) is still in the university back in the east.
Emeka makes it a habit of calling Uduoka every day and is caring enough to ask and see to it she and her family back home do not lack anything.

But what Emeka does not know (which some will say may not hurt him) is that Uduoka hardly attends lectures and she is far away from the sleepy campus town she tells Emeka she is.

Uduoka spends most of her semesters and breaks in Abuja with some of her friends. They are seriously into clubbing and whoring about.

I met Uduoka and found her very attractive. She tried playing the innocent girl;"I want to secure NYSC posting here in Abuja", "I will be graduating next month". But I know her type too well.

She had hardly sat down when she arrived at our arranged date venue and her phones were buzzing one after the other.
It is worthy to note that from the kind of phone collections these type of girls carry you can discern a lot about them. She had an expensive smart phone which was probably given to her by one magga or stolen by her. She had a normal descent WAP phone which I quickly guessed her bf bought for her and she also carried a cheap nokia phone which looked very new (This was the phone she scrolled to show me the message I sent her. The dedicated "runs" line).

She randomly called me after that and for the next 5mths I had a lot of s3x from her.

She knew I knew what she was all about and she told me in order to douse her whoreness that she had a nice bf. She showed me his pics on her phone (the one he bought her) and talked crap in between sucking my c0rk.

We became really comfortable with each other (not relationship wise) that she added me on her facebook.

All good things come to an end and my fully paid no string attached relationship with Uduoka came to an end.

As it's typical with her type, the number she gave me was switched off when she left Abuja.

2mths later I see Uduaka's graduation pics as her new profile picture captioned "Glory be to God". I wished her well through personal message. She does not reply. A moth go by and her see her traditional wedding pictures. I was drunk at the time and I wrote " The lucky man can now kiss the my d1ck".

She blocked me.

End of story.

SHUNN SIR!
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by MajHeadache: 4:32pm On May 27, 2013
Pvt. Parts:

SHUNN SIR!

at ease, soldier!
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 27, 2013
Maj. Headache:

She blocked me.

End of story.

There are Set of People In life who dont make reasonable points in a debate, those who tend to embrace Inductive style of reasoning.

For Lawd Sake, u dont classify a whole with one - That Uduoka threw her legs wide for u doesn't connote that every Lady would!

U're still not making a Point Sire.

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by darami(f): 4:41pm On May 27, 2013
It works for us. LDR for 5years and we now married for 7years. Its about trust and lots of communication.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by MajHeadache: 4:43pm On May 27, 2013
El Guapo:

Am sure U know that Lots of People are not Like you. Sex could mean nothing In relationships such people have found themselves, Unlike U!

We're humans with diverging preferences, must u Impose urs on other people?

Am In a LDR cos I know what I want and I went for what I want. U shouldn't for a Split second think its a decision borne out of 'Been Undecided' whatsoever - Am allergic to been Undecided cos am not Maj headache.

Censor ur Choice of words bro, we know u're trying to make a point against LDR but u're still looking like the Clueless Logician here.

I can smell the doubt creeping down your spine.

Think of all the time she told you she slept off, was in the shower or her batteries were down.

The U.S. Military had the highest divorce rates in the U.S. owing to troop deployments to active war zones in Afghanistan and Iraq. http://usmilitary.about.com/od/divorce/a/divorceprograms_2.htm

White people are very honest with their feelings and conscience unlike us who like to live deceptive and borrowed lives.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by MajHeadache: 4:46pm On May 27, 2013
El Guapo:

There are Set of People In life who dont make reasonable points in a debate, those who tend to embrace Inductive style of reasoning.

For Lawd Sake, u dont classify a whole with one - That Uduoka threw her legs wide for u doesn't connote that every Lady would!

U're still not making a Point Sire.

PM me your woman's number and lets see what happens.

I am ready to put my money on it.
If you trust your woman so much then there shouldnt be a problem.
If you are not comfortable with me speaking to her send me her facebook profile link.

Lets do this... for the sake of research
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by prideofbarbados(f): 4:47pm On May 27, 2013
Long distant relationship is for people who are strong. God knows I can't try it again. I was dating a guy who was in London. He comes to naija. I also visit him but there are times you wanna be with your man. Its not an easy one. We broke up because he found another girl in london
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by meine: 4:49pm On May 27, 2013
Maj. Headache:

Maybe in the time of our parents but women today?

Guy, I am not only speaking from the negative experience I had with some but also from all the one-nite stands I have had.

And if you must know, women in relationships (engaged or married) are the easiest to have a fling with.

They are never ever contended with what they have.

Do you know that 100% of women (including our mothers) have thought of how it will be if they were prostitutes?

That most women fantasize about being rapes or gang bangs?

I am too smart and older to ever trust talk-less of love a woman.

I am not sure anything I say can help your case anymore sir. You obviously need christ asap. That you've had some wack romantic experience doesn't make your argument any stronger.

I will recommend a copy of the book "Loose him and let him Go" by bishop td Jakes. It's for those carrying so much hurt and emotional baggage.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by MajHeadache: 4:50pm On May 27, 2013
dara-mi:
It works for us. LDR for 5years

and no one else got a taste from the cookie jar?

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by misterseed(m): 4:51pm On May 27, 2013
Relationship is a mind thing. This long distance thing work for some. Some even like it. Though, your opinion is OK. You have a right to it.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by dasparrow: 4:52pm On May 27, 2013
xynerise: Long distance relationship gives room for infidelity

Yes, it gives room for infidelity when two sex-addicted people can't abstain. For those who have self control, long distance relationships work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Exactly Do Ladies Do For Each Other? / Man Thanks 1st Wife With A Money Bouquet For Allowing Him Marry A 2nd Wife (Vid) / The Naked Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.