Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,981 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. (28902 Views)

Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading / How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by MajHeadache: 4:52pm On May 27, 2013
meine:

I am not sure anything I say can help your case anymore sir. You obviously need christ asap. That you've had some wack romantic experience doesn't make your argument any stronger.

I will recommend a copy of the book "Loose him and let him Go" by bishop td Jakes. It's for those carrying so much hurt and emotional baggage.

who had a relationship with who?

I narrated what happened to Emeka the long lost-distant-romeo-chairman.

abeg park.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by 190: 4:52pm On May 27, 2013
what of online long distance relationship like me and kalis grin grin grin
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by MajHeadache: 4:58pm On May 27, 2013
dasparrow:

Yes, it gives room for infidelity when two sex-addicted people can't abstain. For those who have self control, long distance relationships work.

so only sex addicts cheat?

my gawd.

Well all of you in defense of LDRs have justified it with the most pussilameous excuse I have ever read;

1. Maturity (BULLSH1T)
2. Trust (DOUBLE B.S.)
3. Love and understanding (Truckload of B.S.)
4. Understanding (as long as we keep it on the down low from each other type of understanding, abi - sh1t storm)
5. Sexual discipline (The End of the world. Asteroid from Alien sh1t heading to earth!)
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 27, 2013
Maj. Headache:
PM me your woman's number and lets see what happens.

I am ready to put my money on it.
If you trust your woman so much then there shouldnt be a problem.
If you are not comfortable with me speaking to her send me her facebook profile link.

Lets do this... for the sake of research

I almost took Up ur Useless Challenge, but was compelled to Give Up and LMAO after reading tis Post below which was directed at U cheesy

meine: I am not sure anything I say can help your case anymore sir Maj Headache. You obviously need christ asap. That you've had some wack romantic experience doesn't make your argument any stronger.

I will recommend a copy of the book "Loose him and let him Go" by bishop td Jakes. It's for those carrying so much hurt and emotional baggage.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by MajHeadache: 4:59pm On May 27, 2013
El Guapo:

I almost took Up ur Useless Challenge, but was compelled to Give Up and LMAO after reading tis Post below which was directed at U cheesy[/font]

Ok hire me to test her.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by 190: 5:02pm On May 27, 2013
yeah truth to be told

LDR is a complete utter waste of time

except u been married, or probably you've had some connection with your partner and something came up

then it could be considered if not . . . well undecided
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by darami(f): 5:04pm On May 27, 2013
Maj. Headache:

and no one else got a taste from the cookie jar?

You are a funny dude! Sex is not everything. He came home once a year or two, hope that answers your question. : -\ Sex isn't want makes relationship works. You can have sex with your partner from night till dawn and he/she could still go out there and taste another cookie. To me commitment is everything.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by 190: 5:06pm On May 27, 2013
dara-mi:

You are a funny dude! Sex is not everything. He came home once a year or two, hope that answers your question. : -\ Sex isn't want makes relationship works. You can have sex with your partner from night till dawn and he/she could still go out there and taste another cookie. To me commitment is everything.

please im not trying to discourage you but you better wake up and smell the cookie grin grin

ur man is having all d sex in the world and keep you as an attachment

no offence
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by MajHeadache: 5:08pm On May 27, 2013
dara-mi:

You are a funny dude! Sex is not everything. He [size=20pt]came[/size] home once a year or two,

only twice in one year.

He must have been exhausted from all the other cookies he was getting grin grin grin

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by ifowey(f): 5:14pm On May 27, 2013
well, for some people it works, but for others, nah! I was involved in one which lasted for 7months. you're always wondering where he is, why he isn't calling often, e.t.c, if u knew each other before the distant relationship started, it might be better but if u're jst getting to know each other b4 it starts, it might not really end well.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Youngmon3Y(m): 5:15pm On May 27, 2013
Suspicion and jealousy thrives regardless of their level of understanding and self tolerance due to that distance barrier

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Inik(m): 5:18pm On May 27, 2013
Long distance relationships are okay if the couples are matured and trust each other. Social networks and instant messaging apps really help to bridge the distance gap. However i won't recommend going into Ldr for anyone

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by MajHeadache: 5:19pm On May 27, 2013
Inik: Social networks and instant messaging apps really help to bridge the distance gap.

Then BADOO will do just fine.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 27, 2013
Youngmon3Y: Suspicion and jealousy thrives regardless of their level of understanding and self tolerance due to that distance barrier

There's more to been matured, there's more to been emotionally Stable - LDR Is not for everyone!
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by MajHeadache: 5:26pm On May 27, 2013
El Guapo:

There's more to been matured, there's more to been emotionally Stable - LDR Is not for everyone!

LDR is selfish!
You never get to know who you date and their personal lives become remote to you.
You prepeare for the trip, make all arrangements and she does the same. She cooks, cleans and waits for you to come over.
It is fake!

I want to see my girl having a bad hair day.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 27, 2013
LDRs can be a pain even when you say its love.Was in one for 2 yrs and 6months.Didn't end well not because I wasn't faithful but because she wasn't.Girls are like,"there's no true love","all guys want is sex","guys are dogs".BIG LIE.I dare say the guys that fit your descriptions were created by girls just like you,perhaps even you.
Remembering though,the homecoming usually were CRAZY.You wait for long months then she comes and you are dreading the fact that she's going back in a few days.
Funny enough I was willing to continue.Because I planned to marry the girl so what's a few years compared to a lifetime?
I'm not Denzel and I'm definitely not Taribo West.At least above average looks and other specs.Even write poetry bla bla bla.People want something until they get it then start to want something else.To say it hurt is an understatement but that's life.It happens.
I'm definitely not an advocate of LDRs but I know it can work.BUT ladies and gentlemen it will take a lot of WORK.
Question:You are in a LDR and meet someone nearby that seems to get you,there's chemistry,everything is working ,what do you do?
Easier said than done.Liar!

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Shugarlipz(f): 5:33pm On May 27, 2013
Abeg, watz ol dix LDR sucks, its a waste of time..is it by force? If a guy or a girl wil cheat, he/she will..whether u guys see evriday or not doz not mata... A cheat wil alwayz remain a cheat..now tell me y some couples cheat?
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 27, 2013
Shugarlipz: Abeg, watz ol dix LDR sucks, its a waste of time..is it by force? If a guy or a girl wil cheat, he/she will..whether u guys see evriday or not doz not mata... A cheat wil alwayz remain a cheat..now tell me y some couples cheat?

Dearie Expect them to give U horrendous Stewped replies to this! cheesy
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by 4nez(f): 6:07pm On May 27, 2013
I am also in a long distance relationship and I must say its workin out pretty good. When you both have trust, communicate evryday n also visit one anodr when its appropiate then definately it ll work out until one is able to move down permanetly to d odr one base..it mite nt work for sum pple buh it works for odrs wit true commitment...
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by AZeD1(m): 6:19pm On May 27, 2013
190:

please im not trying to discourage you but you better wake up and smell the cookie grin grin

ur man is having all d sex in the world and keep you as an attachment

no offence
I'm in a long distance relationship , i'm a guy and i have not had s3x with anybody. You might feel comfortable sticking you "thing" in any gutter but some men have pride and integrity.

4 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 27, 2013
Life generally is a RISK, even the life that we all have is not certain, talk more of something that we made.

But on a more serious note, LDR isn't an easy journey to embark on- it takes risk-takers to embark on it.

So my advice is this:

If you can avoid being in a LDR, pls RUN!!!

But if you are left with no choice, then you have to take the risk, who knows if yours will be amongst the few successful LDRs

Over population, harsh economy, modern civilisation, technology, modern fashion, internet/social networking websites have all contributed to increased rate of infidelity amongst couples (married or those in relationship). So as we are speaking, no one of us is certain of what his or her partner can do or is doing, only God in heaven can be trusted with all our heart.

Just be wise in whatever it is you are doing, people are BAD! And everyone is a SUSPECT, I can only vouch and trust MYSELF ONLY!

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 27, 2013
DailyNews: Life generally is a RISK, even the life that we all have is not certain, talk more of something that we made.

But on a more serious note, LDR isn't an easy journey to embark on- it takes risk-takers to embark on it.

So my advice is this:

If you can avoid being in a LDR, pls RUN!!!

But if you are left with no choice, then you have to take the risk, who knows if yours will be amongst the few successful LDRs

Over population, harsh economy, modern civilisation, technology, modern fashion, internet/social networking websites have all contributed to increased rate of infidelity amongst couples (married or those in relationship). So as we are speaking, no one of us is certain of what his or her partner can do or is doing, only God in heaven can be trusted with all our heart.

Just be wise in whatever it is you are doing, people are BAD! And everyone is a SUSPECT, I can only vouch and trust MYSELF ONLY!

Best reply ever!!!

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 27, 2013
It works most times, just keep yourselves busy and focus more on the future. Kissing and hugging everyday aint gonna put food on the table.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Arsenate(m): 6:31pm On May 27, 2013
Maj. Headache:

and no one else got a taste from the cookie jar?
you are my hero, Major. I wanna be JUST LIKE U when I grow up.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by otswag(m): 6:34pm On May 27, 2013
The truth is its stupid to start a relationship as a long distance one.Even a relatively new relationship,probably a few months old,is almost impossible 2 sustain and very frustrating for both parties esp if they would be apart for a very long time;but if it has been on for a long time and for some reason,education,work or anything separates them,its probably not a bad idea to try and sustain it.its gonna be hell but its not impossible.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 27, 2013
otswag: The truth is its stupid to start a relationship as a long distance one.Even a relatively new relationship,probably a few months old,is almost impossible 2 sustain and very frustrating for both parties esp if they would be apart for a very long time;but if it has been on for a long time and for some reason,education,work or anything separates them,its probably not a bad idea to try and sustain it.its gonna be hell but its not impossible.
I love honest people who comment intelligently and logically, and that's exactly what you did, thumbs up!

The risks in LDR are much more than the profits, and you know in business, when the risk is more than the profit expected, then it is a no-go-business.

To succeed in business, always weigh the risk involved.

DISCLAIMER:
Pls I am not discouraging anyone from entering into a LDR or encouraging anyone already in a LDR to quit cos I am only contributing to the discussion based on my own little knowledge and witness, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Lawalemi(m): 6:41pm On May 27, 2013
smileyI love Nairalanders for their anonymous and candid opinions
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 27, 2013
DailyNews: I love honest people who comment intelligently and logically, and that's exactly what you did, thumbs up!

The risks in LDR are much more than the profits, and you know in business, when the risk is more than the profit expected, then it is a no-go-business.

To succeed in business, always weigh the risk involved.

DISCLAIMER:
Pls I am not discouraging anyone from entering into a LDR or encouraging anyone already in a LDR to quit cos I am only contributing to the discussion based on my own little knowledge and witness, thanks

Well they will soon start saying you had a failed LDR. grin grin grin
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by pouch(f): 6:55pm On May 27, 2013
it's all about a attitude. you need a good dose of the fear of God, and love for your partner, to succeed in a ldr.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Evestar200(f): 7:17pm On May 27, 2013
Mine works,,and am still in it
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 27, 2013
Mine is working.as a matter of fact,I'm getting married soon.you all will be invited. cheesy
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 27, 2013
A-ZeD:

I'm in a long distance relationship , i'm a guy and i have not had s3x with anybody. You might feel comfortable sticking you "thing" in any gutter but some men have pride and integrity.

I love you kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

25 Warning Signs Of A Possible Breakup In Your Relationship / Download Mp3 Messages By Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo On Love, Dating, Marriage, Sex / What Exactly Do Ladies Do For Each Other?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.