Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,950 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. (28901 Views)

Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading / How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by gulfer: 7:51pm On May 27, 2013
LDR or SDR, none is worth it if the other party is untrue to the relationship; that's my take on this.

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by GIANTSTRIDE(m): 8:26pm On May 27, 2013
Mine works like fire;we got so knitted as if we stay 2geda..It depends on d personality involve;once dere is mutual understanding and trust I think LDR is d best as it keeps u from getting used to each oda having in view u are meant to be.Thanks to communication as it brings us closer:Now @d verge of sealing d deal of LDR.To Him be All d glory
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 27, 2013
[size=13pt]It's lovely how the antagonists have either doomed those who are currently doing well, doubted those who have succeeded, or ignored them altogether. To rocktation and others who have succeeded or are succeeding, congratulations. I hope all continues to work for you. For those it didn't work out for, may you find love again elsewhere. For those vehemently against it, discouraging others, and/or foaming at the mouth and hyperventilating lol, osondi owendi.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by loverboi(m): 9:17pm On May 27, 2013
Who told u long distance relationship is a curse? Frm which dictionary?
For ur information I think long distance relatnship is even better coz am in 1 presently, and I swear am enjoying it seriously.
I trust her so much coz I met her a virgin.
Look, u'r not gonna enjoy love life even if u stay inside d same house u not gonna enjoy it,
Sometimes, we view love in wrong directions and dats y tins r not just working out
And as 4 trust, its sumtin u make up ur mind to do,it goes hand in hand with love, sum coupls who live under d same roof doubt themselves
Long distance relationship is jst like short distance, consistent love is what matters

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by malkia7: 9:29pm On May 27, 2013
rokiatu: hahaha I usually don't share articles on here but this one is awesome. grin

My first questions to anyone in a long-distance relationship are some of the following: are you a masochist? Why do you like pain? Why are you doing this to yourself? Are you insane? How could anyone pick a Monday night of Face-Timing with someone who lives four hours away over Monday night football and $2 schooners? These are things I just don’t understand.

People give all kinds of justifications for being involved in LDRs, and we all know someone who is in one and says it’s totally worth it, they’re super in love, blah blah, blah. Come on, you’re not fooling anyone. We all know you’re actually miserable and it’s slowly killing you.

Believe it or not, years ago, I used to be one of these unfortunate people. But then I stepped back and was finally honest with myself: this sucks, no one is happy, and it’s just not working.

Short term, LDRs can be bearable. Maybe it’s just a summer apart while one of you has an internship in another state. But any longer than that, and you’re playing with fire. Texting, emails, and Skype dates will never be able to imitate or replace the human touch.

Absence doesn’t really make the heart grow fonder—it breeds jealousy and resentment. You both will become a crazy people who think things like, “Who is that bitch who just wrote on his Facebook wall? Why did he cancel our Skype date last week?” or “Who is that guy with her in that photo from tailgating? Why hasn’t she called me back?” Even if there are innocent explanations for these things (she lives on his floor, he has a midterm tomorrow, that’s her cousin, whatever), is the stress and suspicion during what is supposed to be the best four years of your life really worth it?

Do you realize how much you’re missing out on by driving across the state every weekend or staying in to talk on the phone all night? And very importantly: does anyone actually derive pleasure from phone intimacy?

Just because you’ve been with someone for a long time doesn’t mean you’re going to be with them forever. Maybe you two really are super in love, and if so, that’s great. But if you’re going to try making it work, you have to be prepared to face the facts: LDRs do not work out often, and when they end, it’s a mess.

They do not end in being friends with your ex, or at least being able to tolerate them if you were at the same party, or best case scenario, still hooking up when you’re both in town. No, LDRs almost always end in fiery explosions of hating the other person and crying in the fetal position.

Staying with someone because it’s comfortable and safe is one of the worst things you can do. “Comfortable” can quickly bleed into “boring”, which is right across the street from “get me out of here”. And thinking that you’ll never in the rest of your life meet anyone as great as this person is just ridiculous.

There are so many amazing people out there, you’d never have the time to date them all, even if you tried. But you’d never know any of that if you didn’t get off Skype and find out for yourself.

Don’t be one of those sad and sorry people who look back and regret that they didn’t get out of a time-sucking, fun-sucking long distance relationship sooner.

No one likes listening to those people. Not even bartenders.

http://uweekly.com/article/long-distance-relationships-just-say-no-to-5685/

This is ridiculous. No one relationship can be a template for the rest in the world. I don't know about those sorry people in the bar... I do know of several happily married people for whom business or other travel obligations are not a problem because of the trust built when distance was unavoidable. This instant noodle generation needs to grow up
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by CrazyMan(m): 9:38pm On May 27, 2013
yhemite: and wat if u are together 4 nw, but schooling,work or smthing worthwhile take him or her away.... people have problem shaaaa... believing they must get wat dey want at all time... what if u marry military men? or dont they get married? wat of scholars,bussiness men and govt officials who could travel for months...the message is know the kind of person u are...dont advice others that its as bad as u think...we have wives that dont see ther husband for years and dont hang themselves but rather keeping it cool with there children and helping to build the home front..so if all u care about is a man or woman that would hug u every morning,have sex with u all day or those that wolud tell u all those unclad sweet words in these world..then u are missing it..God helps!!!!!!!!!
Well said.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by CrazyMan(m): 9:47pm On May 27, 2013
@topic
The op should stop comparing her failed relationship with others.

That it didn't work for you shouldn't make you conclude its a folly.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 27, 2013
STFU!!! What made u think I had a failed relationship just because I have an opnion? You guys are really stoopid and clueless to jump to such conclusion.....I don't want to bring my relationahip online so ya all can continue being cueless.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 27, 2013
Lol. I knew this thread was a waste of precious time. It didn't work for you, it's your own cup of bournvita. Get up and stop crying. Your sad experiences aren't anyone's problem. You weren't faithful or you met someone who wasn't faithful. How is that anyone's fault? Look before you leap next time. . . What a bunch of whiners!

3 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 27, 2013
CrazyMan: @topic
The op should stop comparing her failed relationship with others.

That it didn't work for you shouldn't make you conclude its a folly.
I tire. . .

I wonder what will happen when people with sad "short distance relationship" experiences start talking. Your relationship didn't work, deal with it!
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 27, 2013
gulfer: LDR or SDR, none is worth it if the other party is untrue to the relationship; that's my take on this.
End of!
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 27, 2013
I can see people in it are all getting so mad. hahahhahahahaaa grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 27, 2013
rokiatu: I can see people in it are all getting so mad. hahahhahahahaaa grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I won't say mad. I'd rather say exposing the ignorance of those who tried it and failed due to their lack of knowledge and technical "know how" on making it work and are now blaming their sorrows on others. . . wink

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by CrazyMan(m): 10:28pm On May 27, 2013
rokiatu: STFU!!! What made u think I had a failed relationship just because I have an opnion?
You did see your post below.

rokiatu: I understand luv. Been there done it. I wouldn't wish it upon my enemy thats all. Good luck mate.
Note the bolded part, I believe it answers your question.

Also, going through this posts, a blind man would see the anger in what you wrote...your last sentence shows you're yet to recover from whoever it was that tormented you...hence you wrote "I wouldn't wish it upon my enemy"

And like I stated earlier, that your relationship was a failure shouldn't make you conclude that all distant relationships are bad.

rokiatu: You guys are really stoopid and clueless to jump to such conclusion.....I don't want to bring my relationahip online so ya all can continue being cueless.
And who's interested in your relationship?

You've already made it clear to us that you had a failed distance relationship so the best we can to for you is to wish you a speedy recovery cos I can still feel your bitterness in this post...get well soon.

4 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 27, 2013
In-fact is a miracle am still alive, I hope I recovery. I should have committed suicide.

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 27, 2013
^The only i-diot here is you. . . Aren't you supposed to be married? Why are you still crying over a failed relationship? grin
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 27, 2013
sexkillz: ^The only i-diot here is you. . . Aren't you supposed to be married? Why are you still crying over a failed relationship? grin

The biggest ediot is you for thinking I had a failed relationship.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 27, 2013
rokiatu: In-fact is a miracle am still alive, I hope I [/brecovery. I should have committed suicide.
We hope you recovery(sic) too. . .

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 27, 2013
Thanks for your concern.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by CrazyMan(m): 10:43pm On May 27, 2013
rokiatu: Thanks for your concern.
I could bring flowers if you wish. That's if you aren't allergic to them.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 27, 2013
rokiatu:

I understand luv. Been there done it. I wouldn't wish it upon my enemy thats all. Good luck mate.
rokiatu:

The biggest ediot is you for thinking I had a failed relationship.
You were saying?

The relationship didn't fail, yet, you wouldn't recommend it for your enemy. . . Yeah right. I also saw a pig flying.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 27, 2013
CrazyMan:
Make sure the flowers are not from a long distance. . .
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 27, 2013
sexkillz: You were saying?

The relationship didn't fail, yet, you wouldn't recommend it for your enemy. . . Yeah right. I also saw a pig flying.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hahahaha lol lol lol again. LMAO!!!!

CrazyMan:

naaa chocolate will do. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by CrazyMan(m): 10:49pm On May 27, 2013
sexkillz: Make sure the flowers are not from a long distance. . .
Thanks for the tip bro...short distance flowers it is.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 27, 2013
CrazyMan:
Thanks for the tip bro...short distance flowers it.

Send chocolate bro that will be much better. You see flowers remind me of him. cry cry cry cry He used to always bring me flowers during his two weeks visit. cry cry

Better still, send a sympathy card or a "get well soon" card. Thank you in advance.
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 27, 2013
rokiatu:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hahahaha lol lol lol again. LMAO!!!!

Everytime you are caught in your own lies, you laugh. I wish everyone could be like you. Just laugh and accept your folly instead of having baseless, watery, pathetic and very weak defences. . . I like your concept. grin

4 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by CrazyMan(m): 10:54pm On May 27, 2013
rokiatu: naaa chocolate will do. smiley smiley smiley
There isn't any short distance chocolate left...and I wouldn't want to make you sad by giving you the long distance ones...how about some short distance flowers.

They smell fresh...you would love it. smiley
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 27, 2013
CrazyMan:
There isn't any short distance chocolate left...and I wouldn't want to make you sad by giving you the long distance once...how about some short distance flowers.

They smell fresh...you would love it. smiley

See my reply to crazyman, but if you are so keen on sending the flowers, then please do. Thank you also in advance.

My God nairalanders are so kind, Today is the best day of my life. Thank you so much guys.

sexkillz: Everytime you are caught in your own lies, you laugh. I wish everyone could be like you. Just laugh and accept your folly instead of having baseless, watery, pathetic and very weak defences. . . I like your concept. grin
Well I still have family and friends that love me dearly, I gotta be strong, put on a brave face, and keep on smiling. grin grin grin
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by CrazyMan(m): 10:59pm On May 27, 2013
rokiatu: Send chocolate bro that will be much better. You see flowers remind me of him. cry cry cry cry He used to always bring me flowers during his two weeks visit. cry cry

Better still, send a sympathy card or a "get well soon" card. Thank you in advance.
Ok...I would do that...you should stop crying.

In the mean time you can send me a pm on how I should give you your desired card.

Thank you in advance smiley

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 27, 2013
CrazyMan:
Ok...I would do that...you should stop crying.

In the mean time you can send me a pm on how I should give you your desired card.

Thank you in advance smiley

Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by CrazyMan(m): 11:12pm On May 27, 2013
You have a talent in art...I believe if you spend more time harnessing it, you would become one of the best in the world.

And to show I believe in your destiny as an artist, I'm offering to buy this artwork of yours...what's your asking price. smiley
Re: Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 27, 2013
No price, just sent my card. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Download Mp3 Messages By Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo On Love, Dating, Marriage, Sex / 25 Warning Signs Of A Possible Breakup In Your Relationship / What Exactly Do Ladies Do For Each Other?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.