Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? (11556 Views)

Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? / Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? / The 6th And 7th Books Of Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by christemmbassey(m): 2:30pm On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: grin You didn't i really wanna learn but instead you started your interrogations angry
was the interogations about how u spent last month's TITHE? Bidam tell me d truth, d whole truth, will u follow the mosaic laws today if ur church declear 'NO MORE TITHE?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 2:31pm On Aug 05, 2013
JesusisLord85:

There are over 600 laws, I am not about to list them. If you accpt Christ and have the spirit, it shall guide you to to keep the commandments. i.e. Jeremiah 31:31-33.
The part where you accept Christ and believe is where you are saved. And if you are true believer and love him, you will keep his commandments. That is the word. If you believe contrary, well that is you.

Have they not heard it is written brother

A new priesthood comes with new ordinances

But a true priesthood will never and I repeat never do away with any ordinance

They are all good for reproof and instructions in rightousness.

smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Tgirl4real(f): 2:33pm On Aug 05, 2013
MostHigh:

Your quite right brother nature abhores a vacume

This love they speak of has to be properly defined most especially for the upcoming youths

And after this definition it must be written down just like the torah for posterity sake

So my question is who is going to rewrite the good book and come up with the NEW version

I am certain that Even the proponents of this new GOd/Law theory cannot fulfill this task they have taken upon themselves

smiley

The Holy Scriptures is sufficient.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 2:33pm On Aug 05, 2013
debosky:

How can you obey what you don't know? You're just discovering in 2013 that pig meat was prohibited in the OT - have you not been breaking God's commandments then? I hope you've repented of all that bacon you've been eating. grin

Are all the 600 laws applicable to Christians? If not, which ones are, and which ones aren't?

Christopagans are gentiles

Simply put.

And the judgement of acts 15 should answer your question, it is self explanatory

smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Tgirl4real(f): 2:34pm On Aug 05, 2013
MostHigh:

Have you not heard it is written

A new priesthood comes with new ordinances

But a true priesthood will never and I repeat never do away with any ordinance

They are all good for reproof and instructions in rightousness.

smiley

You are right here...good for our example. but we are not to be confined to it.

The laws has been written in our heart, so we need no man to teach us. Live to please God daily and you will fulfill all the demands of the law.

BTW, I hope u know I am a woman. cheesy
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 2:35pm On Aug 05, 2013
Tgirl4real:

The Holy Scriptures is sufficient.

So now you fall back to the "holy scripture"

After taking the holy scripture apart

You can be exactly as your master is but not greater

smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 2:38pm On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: Oh! i thought you will say they were not borrowed from the Old,but shdemidemi doesn't agree with this view.So i am confused as to what you guys agree upon right now. And the word you use which is binding,do you see any Christian wearing tzibits and the letters written and placed on their necks as of old? Truth is you guys are yet to refute my statements that the Mosaic Law in its moral aspects has lost none of its commanding authority.

You trying hard to change the table as usual. The op says "must Christians obey the law of Moses"? He never single out the ten commandments because the 10 are part of the whole given to Moses. Now, would you teach Christians to follow ALL 613 laws given to Moses?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 2:40pm On Aug 05, 2013
Tgirl4real:

You are not here...good for our example. but we are not to be confined to it.

The laws has been written in our heart, so we need no man to teach us. Live to please God daily and you will fulfill all the demands of the law.

Wrong context wrong intepretation

I know we all agree that the Law is written in the masters heart as well;.

But in order for him to inspire and teach he had to verbally quote from the torah word for word.

Deutronomy from all indication was his focal point AND HE QOUTED FROM IT MORE THAN ANY OTHER BOOK IN THE TORAH (the word DEUTRONOMY means a reminder of the LAW)

My question to you O wise one smiley

How do you intend to teach your own children the same truths?

You can be exactly as your masteris but not greater, never greater smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2013
Goshen360:

And please when is or how long is the law supposed to serve as guide?

Galatians 3:24-25

false teachers abound smiley

Did you not read the beginning of the post

The final judgement regarding the gentile of which you have professed to be one several a time was They

should not eat blood or thigs strangled smiley sounds like leviticus to me.

The are so many other verses in the bible that reveal the place of the LAW in the future kingdom.

smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Tgirl4real(f): 2:46pm On Aug 05, 2013
MostHigh:

Wrong context wrong intepretation

I know we all agree that the Law is written in the masters heart as well;.

But in order for him to inspire and teach he had to verbally quote from the torah word for word.

Deutronomy from all indication was his focal point AND HE QOUTED FROM IT MORE THAN ANY OTHER BOOK IN THE TORAH (the word DEUTRONOMY means a reminder of the LAW)

My question to you O wise one smiley

How do you intend to teach your own children the same truths?

You can be exactly as your masteris but not greater, never greater smiley

Sir, Jesus lived under the law and to be termed upright in his time, you have to follow the law.

I am under grace. I have received the gift of salvation freely. It is not by my works, it's simply God's grace.

There are enough epistles in t he bible to teach my kids from. The old testament is also there for their knowledge and example. I will never place my child under the law that even the people of old could not fulfill.

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 2:49pm On Aug 05, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Sir, Jesus lived under the law and to be termed upright in his time, you have to follow the law.

I am under grace. I have received the gift of salvation freely. It is not by my works, it's simply God's grace.

There are enough epistles in t he bible to teach my kids from. The old testament is also there for their knowledge and example. I will never place my child under the law that even the people of old could not fulfill.

The bolded really cracked me up grin

So to be termed upright in this time what is one expected to do?

So how come the future priesthood AS WE SEE in the bible is observing torah LAW smiley

THE OP revealed to you where paul is identifying completely with the law, hope that did not go over your head as well?

smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 05, 2013
Goshen360:

You trying hard to change the table as usual. The op says "must Christians obey the law of Moses"? He never single out the ten commandments because the 10 are part of the whole given to Moses. Now, would you teach Christians to follow ALL 613 laws given to Moses?
I am not changing anything bro..My argument with shdemidemi on this thread is that he believes some of the Law of Moses is not restated in the New Testament.And i categorically told him without mincing words that the Mosaic Law still constitutes a revelation of the righteousness of God and remains as a part of Scripture which “is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work (2 Tim. 3:16-17 nkjv).
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 2:53pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

Am I talking about religion of the Jews here? The bible says everything is good now, you are talking about Jewish culture.

I never said God changes.

My question to you- from Adam until date, has God's programme been the same?

God never changes...

Has Gods programm been the same....

This your way of reasoning is quite dangerouse o.

smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 2:57pm On Aug 05, 2013
MostHigh:

false teachers abound smiley

Did you not read the beginning of the post

The final judgement regarding the gentile of which you have professed to be one several a time was They

should not eat blood or thigs strangled smiley sounds like leviticus to me.

The are so many other verses in the bible that reveal the place of the LAW in the future kingdom.

smiley

I asked a question: according to Galatians 3:24-25, until when is the law supposed to serve as a guide and after the promised had come, do we still need the law as a guide?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 3:00pm On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: I am not changing anything bro..My argument with shdemidemi on this thread is that he believes some of the Law of Moses is not restated in the New Testament.And i categorically told him without mincing words that the Mosaic Law still constitutes a revelation of the righteousness of God and remains as a part of Scripture which “is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work (2 Tim. 3:16-17 nkjv).

Romans 15
4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

Romans 15
4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
Differentiate learning and doctrine.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 3:08pm On Aug 05, 2013
Goshen360:

I asked a question: according to Galatians 3:24-25, until when is the law supposed to serve as a guide and after the promised had come, do we still need the law as a guide?

Oh Goshen!

Hope you are not going to scoff as usual smiley

Ezekiel 44 gives quite a detailed description of the future levitical priesthood in the kingdom age.

I say levitical only to diffrentiate between the ORDER OF ARON and the ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK

Yashua is of the order of melchizedek as am I and all the apostles combined. smiley

You Remember I have been asking you for the ordinances of your priesthood?

Unless of course you say your priesthood has no ordinances.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: I am not changing anything bro..My argument with shdemidemi on this thread is that he believes some of the Law of Moses is not restated in the New Testament.And i categorically told him without mincing words that the Mosaic Law still constitutes a revelation of the righteousness of God and remains as a part of Scripture which “is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work (2 Tim. 3:16-17 nkjv).

Okay, I get what you saying and I agree the 10 commandments were copied or imported into the NT from the OT.

Now, do you still see the "thou shall not kill" of the OT as the same as "thou shall not kill" of the NT? ETC.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2013
Goshen360:

Okay, I get what you saying and I agree the 10 commandments were copied or imported into the NT from the OT.

Now, do you still see the "thou shall not kill" of the OT as the same as "thou shall not kill" of the NT? ETC.

The Only difference is the execution of free will.

The former was done by force.

But that in no way negates the Law itself smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:21pm On Aug 05, 2013
MostHigh:

So how come the future priesthood AS WE SEE in the bible is observing torah LAW smiley

THE OP revealed to you where paul is identifying completely with the law, hope that did not go over your head as well?

smiley

OP needs to get his theology right, he based his teaching on Acts 15;

Acts 15 (New International Version)
The Council at Jerusalem

15 Certain people came down from Judea to Antioch and were teaching the believers: “Unless you are circumcised, according to the custom taught by Moses, you cannot be saved.” 2 This brought Paul and Barnabas into sharp dispute and debate with them. So Paul and Barnabas were appointed, along with some other believers, to go up to Jerusalem to see the apostles and elders about this question.

Paul did not agree to circumcising the Gentiles.

5 Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to keep the law of Moses.”

The people that are even pushing for the Gentiles to be placed under the law were not even believers.

6 The apostles and elders met to consider this question. 7 After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: “Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. 8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9 He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? 11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

Putting yourself under the law is putting yourself under bondage.

12 The whole assembly became silent as they listened to Barnabas and Paul telling about the signs and wonders God had done among the Gentiles through them. 13 When they finished, James spoke up. “Brothers,” he said, “listen to me...

19 “It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. 20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. 21 For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”

The Letter

Greetings.

24 We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said. 25 So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul— 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 Therefore we are sending Judas and Silas to confirm by word of mouth what we are writing. 28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: 29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.

Farewell.

They are telling them to discontinue their pagan worship and lifestyle.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 3:24pm On Aug 05, 2013
MostHigh:

Oh Goshen!

Hope you are not going to scoff as usual smiley

Ezekiel 44 gives quite a detailed description of the future levitical priesthood in the kingdom age.

I say levitical only to diffrentiate between the ORDER OF ARON and the ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK

Yashua is of the order of melchizedek as am I and all the apostles combined. smiley

You Remember I have been asking you for the ordinances of your priesthood?

Unless of course you say your priesthood has no ordinances.

I asked a question based on your statement that the law is\was a guide and gave you a scripture that it was to be a guide for a specific period. If you can't answer the question based on that, then I stop going in circle with you.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2013
MostHigh:

smiley

Which future priesthood sir?
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by shdemidemi(m): 3:26pm On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: Differentiate learning and doctrine.

As used in the two verses-

Doctrine remains the distinguished teachings of the gospel of Christ.

Learning are also teachings and allusion to the Jewish Scriptures.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Goshen360(m): 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2013
MostHigh:

The Only difference is the execution of free will.

The former was done by force.

But that in no way negates the Law itself smiley

Cool down, we take it one after the other. What you call force was still broken by the Jews. They had the free will too. Let bidam answer me and we go step by step.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2013
Goshen360:

I asked a question based on your statement that the law is\was a guide and gave you a scripture that it was to be a guide for a specific period. If you can't answer the question based on that, then I stop going in circle with you.

Have you read ezk 44 smiley

The event described here is prophetic and it happens way in the future of Isreal smiley

It is discussing ordinances and thier application and efficacy.

And it should answer your question conclusivly.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 3:31pm On Aug 05, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Which future priesthood sir?

Read Ezekiel chapter 44 smiley

It speaks of the future levitical priesthood and thier ordinances

I love that word ORDINANCES smiley

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by MostHigh: 4:19pm On Aug 05, 2013
Tgirl4real:

OP needs to get his theology right, he based his teaching on Acts 15;

Acts 15 (New International Version)
The Council at Jerusalem

Paul did not agree to circumcising the Gentiles.

The people that are even pushing for the Gentiles to be placed under the law were not even believers.

Putting yourself under the law is putting yourself under bondage.

12 The whole assembly became silent as they listened to Barnabas and Paul telling about the signs and wonders God had done among the Gentiles through them. 13 When they finished, James spoke up. “Brothers,” he said, “listen to me...

19 “It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. 20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. 21 For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”

The Letter

They are telling them to discontinue their pagan worship and lifestyle.

Why did you leave out...

There are four men with us who have made a vow. 24 Take these men, join in their purification rites and pay their expenses, so that they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know there is no truth in these reports about you, but that you yourself are living in obedience to the law.

The bolded is what I need you to really meditate on, seeing you left it out of your response I will assume you missed it before smiley
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 4:45pm On Aug 05, 2013
MostHigh:

Why did you leave out...

There are four men with us who have made a vow. 24 Take these men, join in their purification rites and pay their expenses, so that they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know there is no truth in these reports about you, but that you yourself are living in obedience to the law.

The bolded is what I need you to really meditate on, seeing you left it out of your response I will assume you missed it before smiley

Ah the council in Jerusalem, ever so misunderstood by the lawless.

Funny how James tells them to immediately obey 3 things. Where did he get them from? The Torah of course.
He is basically saying, obey these 3 immediately, and you will learn the rest, because Moses is taught every sabbath in the Synagogue. But they should know this, as Acts 13 gives it away for free (yes, free knowledge).
It used to take over a year to be converted to the religion, the pharisees did not make it easy.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 4:54pm On Aug 05, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Which scripture is this sir?

John 8:39-41
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 05, 2013
Goshen360:

I think my work is done here.The chief apostolic rabbi of nairaland has finally agreed. No further comments.Thanks.
Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by JesusisLord85: 4:55pm On Aug 05, 2013
Bidam: Goshen360:

lol. I am itching to see where this line of questioning is going....nowhere perhaps

1 Like

Re: Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

As used in the two verses-

Doctrine remains the distinguished teachings of the gospel of Christ.

Learning are also teachings and allusion to the Jewish Scriptures.
grin Why are you separating the teachings to TWO audiences? Didn't you hear Tgirl quote a scripture that there is neither Jews nor gentiles in Christ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How Would You Describe Jesus? / Why Do You Attend The Church You Attend? / Shocking thoughts By One Who Completely Read The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.