Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,758 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? (7650 Views)

The Six Geographical Regions Of Nigeria In Order Of Development. / SW Get Least Amount Of Ministries Of All Regions / Buhari Was Right, All Regions Will Not Be Developed Equally By The Fg. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by dayokanu(m): 6:41am On Jun 23, 2013
Gboliwe:
its a matter of individual or personal choice. I am from the east, but for a few months ago, i'd never stepped on sw grounds. The mere fact there are SWesterners who have taken up residency in SE should tell you that to them, the decay in SW is stiffling and the fresh air in SE is embracing.
The various regions is as bad as the other. No excuses

There are Americans in Somalia. What intellectuals look for is the Net migration who does it more.

What individual choice make you flee your ancestral land in droves for the west if not for the acute poverty and hopelessness in the east

Even you admitted you came to the West, Most Westerners have never stepped foot in the East while in the East going to the West is like going to London.

"I get brother for Lagos", Or "I go carry you go Lagos" is a common line used to chyke women in the East. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by omongbatic: 6:43am On Jun 23, 2013
Yoruba traders in SE get free trading spots. Not so in Lagos.

The ones in Enugu were begging for free land a few years ago.
How many free land do you guys give Igbos in SW?
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by dayokanu(m): 6:44am On Jun 23, 2013
omongbatic: Igbos are all over the globe. The habit of travelling that began even before your papa was born. Lagos is just one of the places that Igbo people live in. More than 70% of Igbo population still live n Igboland and doing great despite the civil war and federal emasculation under your almajiri brothers.

This is because Iboland is barren and hopeless, Hardly can you make it in Iboland thats why ppl have to flee to the West

Even Places Like Kano are still better than the east which explains why some Ibos would rather die in Kano

The net migration between West and east points to it that poverty ravages the East and the people need to run away to survive
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by omongbatic: 6:45am On Jun 23, 2013
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by dayokanu(m): 6:45am On Jun 23, 2013
omongbatic: Yoruba traders in SE get free trading spots. Not so in Lagos.

The ones in Enugu were begging for free land a few years ago.
How many free land do you guys give Igbos in SW?

So with all these free lands why are your brothers still running away from their papa land?

WHy is it that the dream of every Ibo boy is to run away to the West
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by omongbatic: 6:46am On Jun 23, 2013
dayokanu:

This is because Iboland is barren and hopeless, Hardly can you make it in Iboland thats why ppl have to flee to the West

Even Places Like Kano are still better than the east which explains why some Ibos would rather die in Kano

The net migration between West and east points to it that poverty ravages the East and the people need to run away to survive

So what are YORUBAS looking for in the ravaged land?
What are they looking for in Akwa Ibom and Rivers?
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by Gboliwe: 6:48am On Jun 23, 2013
dayokanu:

There are Americans in Somalia. What intellectuals look for is the Net migration who does it more.

What individual choice make you flee your ancestral land in droves for the west if not for the acute poverty and hopelessness in the east

Even you admitted you came to the West, Most Westerners have never stepped foot in the East while in the East going to the West is like going to London.

"I get brother for Lagos", Or "I go carry you go Lagos" is a common line used to chyke women in the East. grin grin grin grin grin
na wa for you. I visited the SW, I did not remain there. Migration has always been a part of life. Your brothers who have never left the SW are either lazy or cowards or a combination of both.
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by omongbatic: 6:48am On Jun 23, 2013
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by dayokanu(m): 6:49am On Jun 23, 2013
omongbatic:

So what are YORUBAS looking for in the ravaged land?
What are they looking for in Akwa Ibom and Rivers?

There are more Easterners in the West than vice versa. The poverty in the East must be crippling
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by Gboliwe: 6:50am On Jun 23, 2013
dayokanu:

There are more Easterners in the West than vice versa. The poverty in the East must be crippling
start another thread for this
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by dayokanu(m): 6:54am On Jun 23, 2013
Gboliwe:
na wa for you. I visited the SW, I did not remain there. Migration has always been a part of life. Your brothers who have never left the SW are either lazy or cowards or a combination of both.

Many Americans have never left their country because they dont have any reason to migrate away from prosperity

Its only economically disadvantaged places that people want to migrate away en masse like Ibos do
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by dayokanu(m): 6:55am On Jun 23, 2013
Gboliwe:
start another thread for this

Why start another thread?

Thats what this thread is about

Compared to London the SW is rotten but compared to Alaibo, the SW is Paradise
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by Onyegecha(f): 6:57am On Jun 23, 2013
Tribalism is the bane of this contraption called Nigeria. This post should be one that unites every one on the site because of the truth the OP stated. Why can't we ever bury this ethnic bickering and speak with one voice against our oppressors? The ruling class in the East, West, North and South have the same criminal inclination so the battle is between the ruling class and the masses, not Igbo and Yoruba, Hausa or whatever.

1 Like

Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:58am On Jun 23, 2013
dayokanu:

What do you expect Tnubu to do when the same PDP withheld Lagos allocation for most of Tinubus regime.

Liar, the Federal govt. did not withhold Lagos state's allocation. What was withheld was the local governments' allocation. And when the accumulated withheld allocation were released, what did they do with it?
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by omongbatic: 6:59am On Jun 23, 2013
What did AD/AC governors achieve between 1999 and 2003?
What have they achieved since about 3 years now? We have seen some cool photos today by FSU

Still unanswered. All we get is topic diversion and lame excuses
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:59am On Jun 23, 2013
dayokanu:

Why start another thread?

Thats what this thread is about

Compared to London the SW is rotten but compared to Alaibo, the SW is Paradise

I'm 99.99% sure you've never crossed the Niger.
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by Gboliwe: 6:59am On Jun 23, 2013
dayokanu:

Many Americans have never left their country because they dont have any reason to migrate away from prosperity

Its only economically disadvantaged places that people want to migrate away en masse like Ibos do
are you seeing this discussion as a Nigerian or as a yoruba? Why interchange country and state?
Ur American analogy isnt helping me
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by EkoIle1: 7:03am On Jun 23, 2013
omongbatic:

Show me what Igbos in Lagos gain from Yoruba?

What a dumb question? If millions of ibo people residing in Lagos are not gaining anything in Lagos, why are they still in Lagos instead of their socially and economically bankrupt villages?

Village dullard...
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:04am On Jun 23, 2013
dayokanu:

So with all these free lands why are your brothers still running away from their papa land?

WHy is it that the dream of every Ibo boy is to run away to the West

In case you don't know, Anambra state has the highest population density in Nigeria aside the former Federal capital.
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by Sibrah: 7:04am On Jun 23, 2013
Gboliwe:
Lazy and Cowardly? Yet they go to Kano, Abidjan, Togo and Paris. Improve your game bro!
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:07am On Jun 23, 2013
dayokanu:

And it is people represented by the part in bold who think that Africans walk around unclad and live on trees.

Typical of the ignorance you are displaying here.
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by Yeske2(m): 7:07am On Jun 23, 2013
Crazy set of people, I expected the thread to be about the overall bad leadership we all suffer from in our respective regions and not this. Anyway, Nigerians deserve the kind of leaders they have.

1 Like

Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:12am On Jun 23, 2013
dayokanu:

Apart from Lagos (which is for obvious reasons), the number of Igbos living in the south west is not that much. There are more Igbos living in Kano state than the combined figures of Igbos living in the other 5 SW states.
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by omongbatic: 7:17am On Jun 23, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Apart from Lagos (which is for obvious reasons), the number of Igbos living in the south west is not that much. There are more Igbos living in Kano state than the combined figures of Igbos living in the other 5 SW states.

There are more Yorubas living in Rivers State alone than there are Igbos in all the SW states combined except Lagos.
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by EkoIle1: 7:21am On Jun 23, 2013
omongbatic:

There are more Yorubas living in Rivers State alone than there are Igbos in all the SW states combined except Lagos.

See comedy...lmao
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by gratiaeo(m): 7:21am On Jun 23, 2013
@dayokanu what's this your bitterness about Igbo?

1 Like

Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by nku5: 7:29am On Jun 23, 2013
gratiaeo: @dayokanu what's this your bitterness about Igbo?

I think he studied at OAU, Ife. There is a strong anti-igbo sentiment among yoruba graduates of that school. I've noticed it on this site and in real life. Most of them are bigoted towards igbos.

1 Like

Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by thirty(m): 7:31am On Jun 23, 2013
Gboliwe:
What makes you think I went to school? Smh. Your choice of words tell me what you did with your own education.
Making excuses for the corruption,decay and the uselessness of your region tells a story!

The west is as dilapidated as the east you term garage. Thats the end of the story. Admit it and stop heaping blames and making excuses
May i ask what is the meaning of dilapidated? For your info, Southwest is developing. Just because we dont want PDP in the region you now tag us among the bad loosers. We know our enemy -PDP, and we have no business with them forever. Tell me which region denied PDP most? Which region dont govern by PDP? Southwest is improving, i dont know about your region.
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by dayokanu(m): 7:31am On Jun 23, 2013
omongbatic:

And How did Rivers State become Alaibo?

We dey ask you to identify your hometown for the past 2hours now Shame no gree you

1 Like

Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by dayokanu(m): 7:32am On Jun 23, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Liar, the Federal govt. did not withhold Lagos state's allocation. What was withheld was the local governments' allocation. And when the accumulated withheld allocation were released, what did they do with it?

The allocation was released after Tinubu left office and you can see what Fashola is doing with the allocation which is why all your brothers run away from your village to come to lagos
Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by gratiaeo(m): 7:32am On Jun 23, 2013
To my greatest surprise, even the noisemakers are not indigens of Lagos.
What's the difference between somebody from Anambra and somebody from Ekiti state in Lagos?
Are they not the same immigrants?
For cry out loud what's this madness about Lagos that yoruba people wouldn't let somebody hear word

1 Like

Re: Are We Now All Agreed That All Regions Of Nigeria Are Rotten? by dayokanu(m): 7:33am On Jun 23, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

I'm 99.99% sure you've never crossed the Niger.

Given the poverty I saw in Alaibo why would anyone want to live there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Senator Ben Murray Bruce Really An Half-cast Or.... / Movement Of Cattle And Herdsmen Banned In Bauchi & Plateau After 7pm / PDP Plotting To Import Thugs For Edo Polls — Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.