Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Islam And Under Age Marriage! - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam And Under Age Marriage! (29804 Views)

Islam And Obedience To Leaders / Senator Yerimah Clears The Air On The Issue Of 'under Age Marriage' / Islam's Position On Paedophilia And Marriage Of Under-age Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by GooseBaba: 6:10pm On Jul 21, 2013
LagosShia:

Aisha was a wife full of jealousy.her disrespect towards the Prophet (sa) and whether she was even a Muslim are contentious topics between Sunni and Shia Muslims.she wanted to portray herself, especially considering her destructive role in fitnah (strife) between muslims (particularly) the Battle of Jamal against Imam Ali (as) -which she led contrary to the Prophet's (sa) will to her-,to be innocent and young when the Prophet (sa) married her.in this way she is implying that she grew up in the Prophet's (sa) household and she attained "prophetic manners".also Aisha is recorded to have been given in marriage to a man before the Prophet (sa) married her.Jubair Ibn Mot'em was the man who was Aisha's first.therefore whether she was even a virgin when the Prophet (sa) married her is also contentious between Sunni and Shia Muslims.presenting herself as young and vulnerable,and someone who couldn't hurt a fly was also aimed at making her the Prophet's (sa) "favorite wife",contrary to reports that the Prophet's (sa) favorite wife was Lady Khadijah (as).Aisha was even jealous of Lady Khadijah (as),the Prophet's (sa) first wife who died before the Prophet (sa) married Aisha as his second wife.in this vain,the age of Khadijah (as) is inflated,and Sunni records claim and Sunnis maintain that Khadijah (as) was over 20 years older than the Prophet (as),while Aisha was just a "baby" when the Prophet (sa) married her.

Baba Lagoshia..!! I troway salute..

This is what I got from your reply.
Aisha was jealous of the prophet's dead wife
Aisha wants to be seen as the prophet's favorite

In order to accomplish this ^^^^ she came up with receiving the prophet general in her honey pot at the tender age of 9.

Was she mentally disturb that she will distort the prophet's image while striving to be seen as his favorite? Because of this story wey no make sense. Grown men Sunnis and Shia are busy killing themselves like chickens. Wahala dey oo

1 Like

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by JaaizTech: 6:18pm On Jul 21, 2013
baba dey: I hope this not offensive ooo. Prophet mohammed (SAW) married aisha @ the age of 6 and did sometin when she was 9 while he was 54 as it is
written in the quran. What do you call this?
) at what age was mary bethroted to joseph, at what age did she give birth to jesus.
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by DeepSight(m): 6:23pm On Jul 21, 2013
GooseBaba:

Baba Lagoshia..!! I troway salute..

This is what I got from your reply.
Aisha was jealous of the prophet's dead wife
Aisha wants to be seen as the prophet's favorite

In order to accomplish this ^^^^ she came up with receiving the prophet general in her honey pot at the tender age of 9.

Was she mentally disturb that she will distort the prophet's image while striving to be seen as his favorite? Because of this story wey no make sense. Grown men Sunnis and Shia are busy killing themselves like chickens. Wahala dey oo

GBAM!
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2013
Smayee: D rate christain criticise evrytyn abt islam is alarming muslims hardly abuse jesus or mary but only try to reason wit christain concernin dat dey dnt undastand. I hate wen christain refer to d holy prophet anyhow u guys shuld beta watch it or it might turn into religion. Islam doesn't force anyone to practise we d muslims accept wot ws revealed to us withou question n average muslim will neva force u 2do wot we r doing.whats ur concern?
BIG fat lie
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by BetaThings: 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2013
Deep Sight:
Because the Hijab is a barbaric symbol of the oppression of women.

Hahahah
So even a woman who voluntarily wears the hijab even when her parents speak against it is oppressed?
By who?
The lady here has a masters degree and she says no. "I am not opressed"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h1zuwpFdo4

Deep Sight:
And so what? Did God create you with any clothes on?
But you dislike "barbaric" acts!

As soon as you walk around naked, I will know that you are sincere
Indeed when your congregation worship in the nude, trek to Church, I will become convinced that you truly surrender all and are truly natural
And of course the Nigerian pastors don't know the scripture. They are oppressing people unnecessarily
http://www.punchng.com/metro/indecent-dressing-in-churches-worries-clerics/
BTW - when will you give up your car, phone and internet access?

Deep Sight:
We curse them for it
Too late!
Your initial reaction was endorsement of the government and so you have to live with it
And BTW gay pastors are being ordained
You have a lot of needless cursing to do

Deep Sight:
France is not the beacon of right and wrong. As surely as they, being human, have done right in the past, so surely will they also do wrong.

No. It is still a correct country. I have not seen that thread where you do.
BTW Muslims do wrong all the time. No?

2 Likes

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by BetaThings: 6:50pm On Jul 21, 2013
Smayee: D rate christain criticise evrytyn abt islam is alarming muslims hardly abuse jesus or mary but only try to reason wit christain concernin dat dey dnt undastand. I hate wen christain refer to d holy prophet anyhow u guys shuld beta watch it or it might turn into religion. Islam doesn't force anyone to practise we d muslims accept wot ws revealed to us withou question n average muslim will neva force u 2do wot we r doing.whats ur concern?

Christianity criticises Islam as an defensive strategy
This is to avoid the searchlight being beamed on it
we have no time for work in progress
The quote from OT when it suits them and denounce it when it suits them
My greatest happiness that we don't even need to bother with them at all to have a stand
we are more cultured
But let an atheist take them on, they start talking about Muslims

This challenge remains

BeaThings:
Here is a challenge
I dare the Christians here to go to the family court in Lagos or Ministry of Women Affairs to check out
Who commit the most act of molestation against underage girls. I am talking from age 4

I dare Christians to take up the challenge instead of preaching unfounded righteous homily here

1 Like

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by GooseBaba: 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2013
SensibleMusa: .

But if you come to my house to ask for Amina's (10yrs) hand in mariage; you will go and join Chinda in a UK hospital (Gun wounds this time).

LMAO!!! Guy you funny...at least you see reason as to why common sense should be involve when religious interpretation becomes secular laws.

An illiterate and poor Muslim would not see anything wrong if the price is right. Not only is he covered by his beliefs now he is covered by secular laws. Allah be praised...!
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 21, 2013
make money now: The bill is let me use the word hyprocisy at its highest islam teaches that a girl hat to attain the age of puberty before consumating her some people say the Prophet married a girl of 6 and consumated at the age of 9 okay what was he waiting for 4 3 years he was waitin 4 her to get matured and attain d age of puberty and lets remember dat girls quickly atained d age of purberty at dat time also lets remember mary the mother of jesus in d bible got pregnant at the age of 13 shocked shocked shocked so she was matured then so anyone that defiles a girl that has not attained the age of puberty is a sinner

shocked shocked shocked dhocked where was it written in the bible.. educate me please shocked shocked
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by khattab02: 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2013
Ms_Steph: Underage marriage is common in africa not only in "islam" its a common thing in the world. But wen it comes to nigeria d rate of underage marriage is more in the north. We r not talking abt fornication. Most of u r mistaking d two. Underage marriage is wen u force a girl for ages 0-17 to marry u nd when a gal has sex with an older man its different.
very Irrational! Bring your statistics and proves? Recently where do u find baby factories and pregnant teenage girls more? where do find all sorts of Immorallity?
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by kozykid(m): 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
Please after laughing ehn just read and understand the
message in this BC composed and sent by an angry youth
who uses Nokia 3310=))
I support marrying out a girl "AS SOON AS SHE ATTAINS
ADULTHOOD". Now am writing from common sense, because
common sense is uncommon! Nigerian Youths today are the
MOST STUPID & IGNORANT set of individuals on earth. A
bunch of STAGNANT IDIOTS with no will of moving forward (I
do not mean to be provocative). We waste our time on social
networks creating confusion out of nothing. Months ago it
was the OGA @ THE TOP saga! Now its SAY NO TO EARLY
GIRL MARRIAGE!So what if a man decides to marry out his
daughter early Nobody is forcing anybody to marry out
his' early too. You can decide to keep your Daughter Until 40
or even for a life time, nobody cares! After all you bedded
your wife to have her. Today ASUU is on strike NO youth is
broadcasting about it. ASUP just called off months old strike,
no tongue sang about it during that period. When the
Government is looting the country we are here pondering on
who to marry out his daughter and who not to. Singing the
Gospel " Give the girl a book not a husband" "give the girl a
pen not a penis". What if you send her to school and she
chooses a boyfriend over her books? Or chooses a penis over
her pen?What ifHow many of you girls can confidently say
"I'm still a virgin from secondary through tertiary institution?
How many of you guys can say my girlfriend told me its pen
over penis? So please my fellow Nigerians, we should
concentrate our forces to say: NO TO BAD GOVERNANCE,NO
TO RECYCLED LEADERSHIP,NO TO ASUU/ASUP STRIKE,NO TO
FUEL HIKE,NO TO BOKO HARAM vs FG,NO TO CHILD AND
MATERNAL MORTALITY..... So many positive NO! to be said by
us. This a wake up call to NIGERIAN YOUTHS

2 Likes

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
As usual my post is deleted
Funny people
U start off threads to launder the image of Islam and the same thread ends up as your nemesis
Puberty starts at 8 and 9 nowadays so yes
Islam allows the marriage and deflowering of little girls
After all Aisha was 6 when she married 54 year old and was deflowered at 9
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
abdulkayus: The "Under-age" Marriage with consummation (I.e. carnal knowledge, sexual intercourse) is not permitted in Islam, a girl has to reach the age of puberty before marriage can be consummated (I.e. carnal knowledge, sexual intercourse) .

But Islam permits the betrothal, engagement and marriage of a girl even at birth and of-course this has always been the practice of many cultures in Africa and the world over.
However , the girl might grow up and refused to be married to the man she is betrothed, engaged or married to at birth - either due to religion or lack of love.
Her permission must be sought before the marriage could be consummated. There is no forced marriage in Islam.

The Prophet (Peace and blessings of God be upon him) did not approve of forced marriage.
He [the best of mankind] (saw) is the best example for us to follow. Allahu Allam....Allah knows best.

Your prophet at 54 married a girl of 6 and deflowered her at 9
What sensible man at that age would be sexually attracted to a little kid
Are 6 year olds big enough to consent to marriage,how did Mohammed seek her consent,with cookies and candy?

Delete this post all you like,I bet you are not proud of it
[size=18pt]His acts are shameful to you that's why you delete the posts
Was Aisha ripe for marriage at 6 and 9?[/size]
We call men like that dirty old men.mohammed not an exception

1 Like

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by nagoma(m): 7:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
Deep Sight:

Because the Hijab is a barbaric symbol of the oppression of women.

France is not the beacon of right and wrong. As surely as they, being human, have done right in the past, so surely will they also do wrong.

Mary the mother of Jesus was wearing hijab , was she barbaric?
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by nagoma(m): 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
babyosisi: As usual my post is deleted
Funny people
U start off threads to launder the image of Islam and the same thread ends up as your nemesis
Puberty starts at 8 and 9 nowadays so yes
Islam allows the marriage and deflowering of little girls
After all Aisha was 6 when she married 54 year old and was deflowered at 9

That was 1500 years ago when your ancestors were marrying monkeys. Priests in Vatican and other churches in 20th century are deflowering little boys.
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by GraphicsPlus(m): 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2013
Let`s save the girl-child.

1 Like

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2013
This thread is about Muslims screwing underaged girls in the guise of marriage
Nobody should enable them change the topic to something else
Since they want to launder the image of Islam,let us speak the truth we know
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by LANRYUS(m): 7:56pm On Jul 21, 2013
According to islamic injunctio on marriage, the first step is for the intending couple to agree that they love each other after which they sought the parents consent. This is followed by payment of dowry and ofcourse walimatul niqai i.e. Weeding party. Wallahu yalam only Allah know best.
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 21, 2013
In Iran

This is what Imam Khomeini, the top shia authority says:

“A muslim man can have sexual pleasure with a little girl as young as a baby. But he should not penetrate her vaginally, however he can sodomize her”. (Tehriro vasyleh, fourth edition, Qom, Iran, 1990)
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 21, 2013
After Mohammed married Aisha at 6,he was 54 we read

Whenever Prophet visited Abu Bakr house he made Aisha sit in his lap and played with her.

What was he doing?
What kind of playing?
Fingers?
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Mustay(m): 8:13pm On Jul 21, 2013
Double Post
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Mustay(m): 8:13pm On Jul 21, 2013
babyosisi: Now unto the example Mohammed set
Quoting from the Koran

65.4 “If you divorce your (child) wife before she reaches menstruation age her idda is three months”.

Una don see am
Marriage and divorce before the girl even starts her period
Wonders

http://quran.com/65/4

"And those who no longer expect menstruation among your women - if you doubt, then their period is three months, and [also for] those who have not menstruated. And for those who are pregnant, their term is until they give birth. And whoever fears Allah - He will make for him of his matter ease."

This is apt:
BetaThings:

Christianity criticises Islam as an defensive strategy
This is to avoid the searchlight being beamed on it
we have no time for work in progress
The quote from OT when it suits them and denounce it when it suits them

My greatest happiness that we don't even need to bother with them at all to have a stand
we are more cultured
But let an atheist take them on, they start talking about Muslims

This challenge remains

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2013
, “He used to do bad things to me, and I had no idea as to what a marriage is. I would run from one room to another in order to escape, but in the end he would catch me and beat me and then continued to do what he wanted. I cried so much but no one listened to me. One day I ran away from him and came to the court and talked to them.” “Whenever I wanted to play in the yard he beat me and asked me to go to the bedroom with him. This lasted for two months," added Nasser. "He was too tough with me, and whenever I asked him for mercy, he beat me and slapped me and then used me" Shatha Ali Nasser, a lawyer in the Supreme Court "We are planning to put her in Dar Al-Rahama [an non-governmental organization that works with children], where she can have a better life and education."

Those are the words of an 8 yr old child bride in Yemen
The pedophiles on nairaland won't listen anyway
Those words speak volumes
Children belong in school not on an old perverted man's bed
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 21, 2013
Mustay:

http://quran.com/65/4

"And those who no longer expect menstruation among your women - if you doubt, then their period is three months, and [also for] those who have not menstruated. And for those who are pregnant, their term is until they give birth. And whoever fears Allah - He will make for him of his matter ease."

This is apt:

Same thing I said
Marriage and Divorce of women before menstruation
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Mustay(m): 8:19pm On Jul 21, 2013
Like I wrote earlier, we can all see certain distortions and fabrications in the name of hadith and Qur'an - indeed, they purchased error for guidance!

Additionally, they employ data-mining bias to prove a lie and progress in the mischief career. Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do Muslim Females Make Very Beautiful Hairstlyles To Eventually Cover It Up? / Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily / "You Are Making Fun Of A Man Who Is Older Than Your Father!" ... "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.