Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Islam And Under Age Marriage! - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam And Under Age Marriage! (29774 Views)

Islam And Obedience To Leaders / Senator Yerimah Clears The Air On The Issue Of 'under Age Marriage' / Islam's Position On Paedophilia And Marriage Of Under-age Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by ihimami: 4:39pm On Jul 21, 2013
nagoma:
Of course we know that. They don't live on any ideals at all. We would not have same sex marriage if they had ideals and the priests in the Vatican and other churches would not be violating young boys in their care.

Don't forget that their sin has already been forgiven by the blood of Jesus, so they have the liberty to do as they wish including gay marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by babadey(m): 4:39pm On Jul 21, 2013
BetaThings:

Please show me one attack on Christians in real life that was not avenged by them
Show me one christian country that does not have an army
Can you confirm to me that Christians have never slapped first (without even waiting to be slapped first)

I pity u. Mohamed gandhi once said., I love your christ but I don't love his followers cos they are not christ like. Did I say all christians follows that doctrine?. You guys jast lovve attacking cchristians. I hope u can understand what Gangdhi said.?
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by LagosShia: 4:40pm On Jul 21, 2013
TruthTella:

Do you know that Islam permits muslims to be deceptive when they want to propagate their religion? They call it At Taqiyyah, I know that is what they started this thread for.

Holy Quran 16:125
"Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good exhortation, and debate with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided".
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by eagleeye2: 4:40pm On Jul 21, 2013
LagosShia:

Aisha was a wife full of jealousy.her disrespect towards the Prophet (sa) and whether she was even a Muslim are contentious topics between Sunni and Shia Muslims.she wanted to portray herself, especially considering her destructive role in fitnah (strife) between muslims (particularly) the Battle of Jamal against Imam Ali (as) -which she led contrary to the Prophet's (sa) will to her-,to be innocent and young when the Prophet (sa) married her.in this way she is implying that she grew up in the Prophet's (sa) household and she attained "prophetic manners".also Aisha is recorded to have been given in marriage to a man before the Prophet (sa) married her.Jubair Ibn Mot'em was the man who was Aisha's first.therefore whether she was even a virgin when the Prophet (sa) married her is also contentious between Sunni and Shia Muslims.presenting herself as young and vulnerable,and someone who couldn't hurt a fly was also aimed at making her the Prophet's (sa) "favorite wife",contrary to reports that the Prophet's (sa) favorite wife was Lady Khadijah (as).Aisha was even jealous of Lady Khadijah (as),the Prophet's (sa) first wife who died before the Prophet (sa) married Aisha as his second wife.in this vain,the age of Khadijah (as) is inflated,and Sunni records claim and Sunnis maintain that Khadijah (as) was over 20 years older than the Prophet (as),while Aisha was just a "baby" when the Prophet (sa) married her.
It is a well known fact that Islam does not respect the rights of women... So I understand your analysis..... Aisha is the bad person, yet the Mohammed (SAW) did not get any revelation about how she was before marrying his friend's Under-aged daughter.
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by BetaThings: 4:40pm On Jul 21, 2013
TruthTella: [size=17pt]
In this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1366346/senator-ahmed-yerima-replies-critics

More than 75 muslims liked that post where Yerima stated that the Prophet muhammed was the reason why he supports underage marriage. Now you have come to start another thread claiming that underage marriage is unislamic. You can't fool anyone because it is as clear as daylight that underage marriage is part of Islam[/size]

And you are truth tella?
Where is the proof that Muslims made those clicks
I can show you several people here on NL who are non-muslims who have pretended to be muslims while making inflamtory statement
On top of my head I can remember a christian from Anambra St Judas who poses as a Muslim to make offensive statements
And what is the proof that all 75 likes all supported Yerima's statement
There is reason why teach research methodology in school
I don't trust you guys
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by LagosShia: 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
eagle,eye:

It is a well known fact that Islam does not respect the rights of women... So I understand your analysis..... Aisha is the bad person, yet the Mohammed (SAW) did not get any revelation beefore marrying his friend's Under-aged daughter.

you are mistaking Islam for the below:

LagosShia: Burn The Daughter!
"And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the LovePeddler, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire."(Leviticus 21:9)

Cut Off Her Hand!
"When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her."(Deuteronomy 25:11-12)

Female Births Get Penalty
"Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean." (Leviticus 12:2)"But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days." (Leviticus 12:5)

Female Inferiority
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." (I Corinthians 11:3)"For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man." (I Corinthians 11:8-9)

Jesus Will Kill Children
"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works." (Revelation 2:22-23)

Kill The Witches!
"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. Whoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death. He that sacrificeth unto any god, save to the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed." (Exodus 22:18-20)

Ra.pe My Daughter
"Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing. But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go."(Judges 19:24-25)

Silence The Woman!
"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

Stone The Woman!
"If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;" (Deuteronomy 22:22)"Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you."(Deuteronomy 22:24)

Virgin's Worth
"If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silvers, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days." (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)

Wives, Submit Yourselves!
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything." (Ephesians 5:22-24)

Women Shall Not Speak
"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."(I Corinthians 14:34-35)

Women's Sorrow
"Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." (Genesis 3:16)

Rip Up Pregnant Women
"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up." (Hosea 13:16)

The Wicked Woman
"Give me any plague, but the plague of the heart: and any wickedness, but the wickedness of a woman." (Eccles. 25:13)"Of the woman came the beginning of sin, and through her we all die." (Eccles. 25:22)"If she go not as thou wouldest have her, cut her off from thy flesh, and give her a bill of divorce, and let her go." (Eccles. 25: 26)"The whoredom of a woman may be known in her haughty looks and eyelids. If thy daughter be shameless, keep her in straitly, lest she abuse herself through overmuch liberty." (Eccles. 26:9-10)"A silent and loving woman is a gift of the Lord: and there is nothing so much worth as a mind well instructed. A shamefaced and faithful woman is a double grace, and her continent mind cannot be valued." (Eccles. 26:14-15)"A shameless woman shall be counted as a dog; but she that is shamefaced will fear the Lord." (Eccles.26:25)"For from garments cometh a moth, and from women wickedness. Better is the churlishness of a man than a courteous woman, a woman, I say, which bringeth shame and reproach." (Eccles. 42:13-14)

Shave Off Her Hair!
"For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered".(1 Corinthians 11:6)Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house; and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails;(Deuteronomy 21:12)

3 Likes

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by BetaThings: 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2013
Here is a challenge
I dare the Christians here to go to the family court in Lagos or Ministry of Women Affairs to check out
Who commit the most act of molestation against underage girls. I am talking from age 4

I dare Christians to take up the challenge instead of preaching unfounded righteous homily here

3 Likes

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by babadey(m): 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2013
nagoma:
Of course we know that. They don't live on any ideals at all. We would not have same sex marriage if they had ideals and the priests in the Vatican and other churches would not be violating young boys in their care.

So in this world,its only cchristians that practice homosexual shey? undecided. Continue bro,it is permitted. If it was the christians who were doing the killings who guys did @ the north,you know a civil war would have happened?
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by claycares: 4:50pm On Jul 21, 2013
The problem is not the proposed amendment since that section is restricted to renunciation of citizenship, but it will be used by the courts to interpret other sections of the constitution. If the Constitution would envisage that there can be a married woman under 18yrs then no legislation can fix the age limit and any such existing legislation/law will become null, void and of no effect to the extent of it's inconsistency by virtue of sections 1(1),(3) of the Const.

A classical example of an existing legislation that will be affected is the Child Rights Act which is a domestication of international treaties. Section 18 (if I'm not mistaken) actually makes it a criminal offence for any person to have carnal knowledge of a girl under 18. But as usual, nobody enforces the law. If that propose amendment pulls through then, our children are in deep soup.
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by babadey(m): 4:51pm On Jul 21, 2013
LagosShia:

you are mistaking Islam for the below:

Dude,stop acting like an hypocrite. All this too are in the quran. We don't live in the old testament guy,if we did all the killings of cristians in the north would have been revenged(an eye for an eye),why don't you bringg somtin out frm the new testament.
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by LagosShia: 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2013
baba dey:

Dude,stop acting like an hypocrite. All this too are in the quran. We don't live in the old testament guy,if we did all the killings of cristians in the north would have been revenged(an eye for an eye),why don't you bringg somtin out frm the new testament.

Mr. Dude,

what I presented on women as found in the Bible include verses from both the Old Testatment and New Testament.stop hiding behind OT this,OT that.

if all these too are found in the Quran,then bring them out.coward!
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by BetaThings: 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2013
baba dey:

So in this world,its only cchristians that practice homosexual shey? undecided. Continue bro,it is permitted. If it was the christians who were doing the killings who guys did @ the north,you know a civil war would have happened?

When France outlawed the Hijab, Christians cheered: "Yes France, you are a correct country"
Why does the Hijab elicit such a strong interest/reaction from people who worship God?
Perhaps because people go to Church in spagetti
Anyway, France has now approved same sex marriage. So what do you say?
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by BetaThings: 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2013
TruthTella:

I don't need your trust, shove it up your behind.

[size=17pt]What we know is that Muhammed married and slept with a 9year old child and Allah told muslims in the quran to follow Muhammed's example.

NAIRALANDERS DON'T LET THEM FOOL YOU OOOOO!!!!! CHILD MARRIAGE IS PART OF ISLAM!!!!![/size]

Hahaha
I have a simple rule
When somebody calls another stupid, fool etc it speaks a lot about him rather than the person he addresses

You are missing the point. Your post is flawed. So it is not valid
You make up stuff and present it as evidence
Saddam had weapon of mass destruction. Yes, Let us invade Irag. yeeeeeh
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Oguieke(m): 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2013
ok now am marrying a girl of 39yrs while i am 25, pls help me to check whether it over age mawiage
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by TruthTella(m): 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2013
BetaThings:
And you are truth tella?
Where is the proof that Muslims made those clicks
I can show you several people here on NL who are non-muslims who have pretended to be muslims while making inflamtory statement
On top of my head I can remember a christian from Anambra St Judas who poses as a Muslim to make offensive statements[/color]
And what is the proof that all 75 likes all supported Yerima's statement
There is reason why teach research methodology in school
I don't trust you guys

[size=18pt]What we know is that Muhammed married and slept with a 9year old child and Allah told muslims in the quran to follow Muhammed's example.
NAIRALANDERS DON'T LET THEM FOOL YOU OOOOO!!!!! CHILD MARRIAGE IS PART OF ISLAM!!!!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2013
Is Nigeria now an islamized country?

Boko harams won't let us rest.

Now Yerima and his 35 disciples have brought shame to his country.

SHAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by DeepSight(m): 5:07pm On Jul 21, 2013
BetaThings:

When France outlawed the Hijab, Christians cheered: "Yes France, you are a correct country"
Why does the Hijab elicit such a strong interest/reaction from people who worship God?

Because the Hijab is a barbaric symbol of the oppression of women.

And so what? Did God create you with any clothes on?

We curse them for it.

France is not the beacon of right and wrong. As surely as they, being human, have done right in the past, so surely will they also do wrong.

1 Like

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by babadey(m): 5:08pm On Jul 21, 2013
BetaThings:

Do you know the rate of muslims in france?. Please wikipedia it
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by okechukwu2013: 5:11pm On Jul 21, 2013
I have a question for OP and by extension all Islam men in this country. With due respect must it be always about You? If a 60 years old moslem widow decides today to marry a boy of 12 years and consumates the marriage will your religion accept that? Do unto other as u will wish them to do unto you.

1 Like

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by babadey(m): 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2013
Deep Sight:

We curse them for it.

France is not the beacon of right and wrong. As surely as they, being human, have done right in the past, so surely will they also do wrong.

Deep sight, I'm feeling u joor. I can't jast fathom, why the so much hatred for christians?.
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by LagosShia: 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2013
Deep Sight:

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Orikinla(m): 5:20pm On Jul 21, 2013
LagosShia:

CHECK THE BELOW

https://www.nairaland.com/846958/tell-me-why-mohammed-married#9975159:

[size=14pt]WAS AISHA REALLY 9 YEAR OLD WHEN PROPHET MUHAMMAD (sa) MARRIED HER? PLEASE WATCH BELOW:[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXCvnposB1k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o6sjyuoSUc&NR=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWsDhOqpkY

A'isha was not a child when the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family) married her

Section : Articles || Date : 2010 / 06 / 17 || Reading : 13534

This article is the transcription of a lecture delivered by Shia Muslim scholar His Eminence Allama Sheikh Yasser Al-Habib

Enemies of Islam – be they Christians, Jews or other groups have often used the matter of the Prophet's marriage (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family) to A'isha as a weapon against this Great Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family). They rely on that which was spread by A'isha about her having been married off to the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family) when she was a girl of six and that he consummated his marriage to her when she was a girl of only nine. They say: "Look at how this old man married an innocent little girl young enough to be his granddaughter when he was over fifty years old! How could he live with himself taking away her childhood to satisfy his own needs? What sort of a Prophet is this who does something so inhumane?"

In spite of the fact that the account of the Prophet's marriage (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family) to A'isha when she was a child is not told by anyone else but A'isha herself – we find no hadith nabawi or any other hadith from a reliable source about it – the enemies of Islam continue to spread these lies dreamt up by A'isha without any proper historical research. They just rely on the accounts to be found in the Bakri (i.e. Sunni) sect's sources.

In fact those with a grudge against the Master of Prophets (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family) have exploited the fabricated hadith spread by A'isha through which she wanted to make people think that for the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family), she was the youngest, most radiant, most beautiful and the favourite among his wives. Her claim that she was just a delicate and innocent child who was ripped away from her swing on which she used to play with her little friends when her mother shouted out to her and led her away so roughly that she could hardly catch her breath – without her knowing what was going to happen or what she was wanted for – to take her to the house of the Prophet who frightened her when he walked in on her when the bitter truth became clear to her that she had suddenly become a wife.

Firstly, let us shed light on the hadith fabricated by A'isha. Bukhari narrates on the authority of Hisham on the authority of his father on the authority of A'isha who said: "The Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family) married me when I was a girl of six. We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani al-Harith Ibn Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell out. Later on my hair grew back and my mother, Umm Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing settled down, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age." (Sahih al-Bukhari vol 4 p251 and Sahih Muslim vol 4 p141).

In another hadith A'isha paints a picture of what happened to her in another scenario no less full of tragedy than the last because she claims that her mother sat her down – when she was just a poor child – on the lap of her husband who treated her cheaply and consummated his marriage to her in the house of her father. No wedding banquet was laid on for her to celebrate her marriage to him. No one else even brought them anything to eat!"

Ibn Hanbal reports on the authority of A'isha that she said, "My mother came to me while I was being swung on a swing between two branches and got me down. My nurse took over and wiped my face with some water and started leading me. When I was at the door she stopped so I could catch my breath. I was brought in while Muhammad was sitting on a bed in our house. Men and women from the Ansar were with him. She sat me down on his lap. Then, she said: "This is your family. May Allah bless you with them and may Allah bless them with you. The men and women jumped up and went out and the Messenger of Allah consummated his marriage to me in our house. No camel was slaughtered for me and no sheep was slaughtered for me until Sa'd Ibn Ibada sent us a bowl of grapes, something he would send to the Messenger of Allah whenever he would go round to his wives. At that time I was a girl of nine." (Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal vol 6, p211)

In order to back up her claim that she was an innocent child who did not understand what was going on around her, she came up with another account in which she claimed that when she got married to the Prophet, (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family) she still had the dolls and figures she used to play with.

Muslim reports on the authority of Urwa on the authority of A'isha: "The Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family) married her when she was a girl of seven and she was taken to his house as a bride when she was nine, and her dolls were with her; and when he (the Holy Prophet) died she was eighteen years old." (Sahih Muslim vol 4 p142)

Moreover she claimed that she carried on playing with her dolls even after her move to the marital home and that the Greatest Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family) would find it soothing and would help her play with her little friends even though they would run away from him because they were scared of him.

Muslim reported on the authority of Hisham Ibn Urwa on the authority of A'isha, "That she used to play with girls in the presence of the Messenger of Allah (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family). She said, 'My friends would come to me and would hide from the Messenger of Allah!' She said: 'So the Messenger of Allah would call to them to play with me." (Sahih Muslim vol 7 p135 and similarly Sahih Ibn Hiban vol 13 p174 and Mu'jam al-Tabarani vol 23 p21).

Ibn Sa'd reports on the authority of Urwa on the authority of A'isha that she said, "The Messenger of Allah walked in on me one day while I was playing with some girls and he said, 'What is this, A'isha?' So she said Sulayman's horse and he laughed." (Al-Tabaqat al-Kubra by Ibn Sa'd vol 8 p62).

This is how A'isha tried to hold together this fictitious account of her being young when she married the Greatest Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family) except that no matter how hard the creators of the false account tried to hold it together, it just falls apart as one can see. Now let us respond to these lies in line with scientific and historical facts, even those recorded in sources belonging to the Bakri sect.

Firstly, if A'isha's claims had been true, she would not have contradicted herself. We have already seen the discrepancy between her saying that when she got married she was "a girl of six" and her saying "a girl of seven". Both statements are reported on the authority of her nephew 'Urwa'.

Secondly, Bukhari narrates on the authority of Hisham on the authority of his father who said, "Khadija passed away three years before the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family) left for Madina. He let two years pass, more or less and then he married A'isha, a girl of six. Then he consummated his marriage to her when she was a girl of nine." (Sahih al-Bukhari vol 4 p252)

The opponents [to Ahlulbayt i.e. al-mukhalifun] treat this hadith as if it is also narrated on the authority of A'isha herself for Ibn Hajar says, "This appears mursal but given that it is narrated by 'Urwa', what with his detailed knowledge of A'isha's life story it is also deemed to be narrated on her authority." (Fath al-Bari fi Sharh Sahih al-Bukhari by Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani vol 7 p175)

This hadith would mean that A'isha's wedding could only have taken place the year before the hijra in view of the fact that she was a girl of six, because after Khadija's passing (Allah's blessings upon Her) the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family) let two years pass, more or less, without remarrying. Khadija (Peace be upon Her) passed away three years before the hijra. Then, His having consummated His marriage to A'isha when she was a girl of nine could only have taken place two years after the hijra because this is the time interval between when she was six and when she was nine. A'isha would only have been nine two years after the hijra. On this basis the length of time she lived with the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family) could not have been more than eight years because as everyone knows He became a martyr in year ten (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family).

This contradicts what A'isha claimed according to Muslim's hadith mentioned above – which said that she was taken as a bride, along with her dolls to the Prophet's house (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family) when she was a girl of nine and that he died when she was a girl of eighteen which means that she lived with him for nine years. This is confirmed in another hadith narrated by Bukhari on the authority of Hisham on the authority of his father, also on the authority of A'isha: "The Prophet married her when she was a girl of six and she was taken to his house when she was a girl of nine and she lived with him for nine years" (Sahih al-Bukhari vol 6 p134).

The hadiths cancel each other out. If the first is authentic, then the length of time A'isha lived with the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family) was not nine years and if the second is authentic, then the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family) did not marry her the year before the hijra or two years after the Mother of the Believers Khadija al-Kubra's passed away.

This is another contradiction A'isha has dropped herself into even though both sayings are narrated along the same chain [of narration] i.e. Hisham on the authority of her nephew Urwa. This contradiction obviously shows up the lie and fabrication. The Bakri (i.e. Sunni) sect cannot mitigate by saying something like these hadith are weak because they have decided that they are all authentic and to be without a doubt on the authority of A'isha.

Thirdly A'isha claimed that the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family) said, "Oh Allah! In particular, strengthen Islam with Omar Ibn al-Khattab." (Mustadrak al-Hakim vol 3 p83).
We are not in the process of refuting this hadith, or proving that it was fabricated by A'isha; we only wanted to rely on it to prove a point. We say that this hadith is claimed to have been uttered before Omar had begun pretending to be a Muslim on the pretext that his Islam had come as an answer to the Messenger of Allah's du'a (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family). A'isha claims that she heard it from the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family) and that she narrates it directly from him.

According to the Bakri sect Omar's conversion to Islam was in the sixth year after the Prophetic Mission had begun i.e. about seven years before the hijra. It was stated above that A'isha was a girl of six the year before the hijra which means that seven years before the hijra she was still either in her mother's womb or a suckling babe incapable of rational thought. How could she have heard or been aware of this hadith allegedly uttered by the Holiest Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family)?

If what she claimed about her being young and her being a girl of six when she got married, she had no business falsely attributing this fabricated hadith to the Messenger of Allah (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family). And if it was not authentic then the point is still proven i.e. that she was much older than that because according to the claim, she heard the hadith, understood it and narrated it.
This is a third contradiction to add to the aforementioned contradictions which prove that it is a fabrication and a lie but what is most damaging of all is that they are all narrated through an authentic chain of transmission on the authority of Hisham on the authority of his father 'Urwa'. How does one escape that?

Fourthly: Ibn Qutayba says by way of comment on A'isha's hadith about her marriage when she was a girl of nine: "…And she lived until the time when Mu'awiya was the Caliph and she passed away in the year fifty eight when she was nearly seventy. She was asked, "Shall we bury you next to the Messenger of Allah?" She replied, "But I did wrong. Bury me with my sisters." So she was buried in the Baqi' [cemetery] and she appointed Abdallah Ibn Zubayr as her executor. (Al-Ma'arif by Ibn Qutayba p29).

Al-Birri said, "She passed away in the fifty ninth year after the hijra towards the end of Mu'awiya's reign as Caliph. She was nearly seventy. It was on a Monday night, the night before the seventeenth of Ramadan." (Al-Jawhara fi Nisab al-Nabi wa Ashabihi al-'Ashara by Al-Birri vol 1 p216).

Ibn Abd Rabbih said, "After his death, she lived on right up to the days of Mu'awiya and she died in the fifty eighth year. She was nearly seventy. (Al-Iqd al-Farid by Ibn Abd Rabbih vol 2 p71).

Al-Maqdisi said, "He married A'isha in Makkah the year before the hijra (…) A'isha passed away during the time of Mu'awiya. She was nearly seventy. He said to her, "Should we not bury you in your house with the Messenger of Allah?" She replied, "No. I did wrong after His death." (Al-bid' wa al-Tarikh by Al-Maqdisi vol 1 p260).

On this basis, A'isha's age would have been roughly twelve the year before the hijra, the year in which the Greatest Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family) married her (as mentioned above). What a far cry this is from her saying that she was a girl of six or seven!".

Even if we were to work on the presumption that what they meant by "nearly seventy" at her death was that she reached the age of sixty seven – as some of them have stated – then she would have been a girl of nine when she got married, not a girl of six or seven except for the fact that we also reject their account that she got married the year before the hijra. We refer back to the objection raised in the second point (above). There is shown to be a contradiction which disproves her claim.

Fifthly, Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani says about Asma' daughter of Abu Bakr, "She was the mother of Abdallah son of Al-Zubayr. She became a Muslim a long time ago in Makkah and pledged allegiance to the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family). She was ten years older than A'isha and died less than a month after her son was killed. She was a hundred years old. That was in the year seventy three. (Subul al-Salam by Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani vol 1 p39).

Al-Baihaqi and Al-Dhahabi narrate on the authority of Ibn Abi al-Zinad that he said, "Asma' daughter of Abu Bakr was ten years older than A'isha. (Sunan al-Baihaqi vol 6 p204 and Siyar al-Nubala' by Al-Dhahabi vol 2 p289)

Similarly, Al-Nawawi narrates on the authority of Hafiz Abu Na'im that he said, "Asma' was born twenty seven years before the Messenger of Allah's hijra (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family). Her father Abu Bakr was twenty one years old when she was born." (Tahdhib al-Asma' by Al-Nawawi vol 3 p223).

The conclusion to be reached from these narrations is that Asma was twenty seven years old the year before the hijra and given that she was ten years older than her sister A'isha, A'isha's age was about seventeen at that time. That was the year in which she got married. What a far cry this is from her claim that she was a girl of six or seven. So the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family) consummated his marriage to her when she was nearly twenty not a girl of nine.

This is how the lie told by A'isha is exposed. It was her intention to pretend to be younger and fool people into thinking that she was an innocent child who was married against her will to a really old man. In fact, A'isha was nearly twenty at the time meaning that she was a grown up woman and not a child as she claimed.

The age difference between her and between the Prophet (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family) was about 33 years which is much less than the age difference between Joseph the Carpenter and Our Lady, the Virgin Mary (Peace be upon Her) when she got married or when they got engaged to each other. Mary's age was between just 12 and 14 while Joseph's was about 90.

The Catholic Encyclopedia says, "…a respectable man to espouse Mary, then twelve to fourteen years of age, Joseph, who was at the time ninety years old" (Website). That means that the age difference between Joseph and Mary was about 77 years. That is more than double the difference between the Prophet Muhammad (Allah's Peace and Blessings upon Him and His pure Family) and A'isha. So why is there no outcry over this matter too?

http://alqatrah.net/en/edara/?id=91

[size=18pt]NEITHER RELIGION NOR ANY LAW IS AN EXCUSE FOR THE CRIME AND MADNESS OF VIOLATING THE CHASTITY OF A BABY GIRL OR GIRL CHILD, NO MATTER THE EXCUSES OF ANY CREED AN EVIL DEED IS STILL AND EVIL DEED.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Henzak47(m): 5:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
Pls, is this country a birth right to any body, religeon or group? Why should ppl impose things on us? North or Muslem why dont we unnanimously look into our affair. Ur culture and tradition must NOT be dat of evry one; this is a country with divers FAITH. Pls;-(
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Babaji111(m): 5:34pm On Jul 21, 2013
nekaa: Mary was only 13? Please where in the bible is this written... I'd like to see for myself
Did u see everything in the bible before practicing? Then, show me where in the Bible where Christians are ordered to go to church on Sundays. Surah Maryam in the Quraan spelled out everything about Mary, her chastity, her life, her faith, her birth to Jesus,etc. This is to encourage believing women to copy her good virtues in order to have good generation. This is not unconnected to the fact that Muslims are enjoined to believe in all good men and women of the Al-Mighty God. As servants of God, Muslims believe in all Prophets of God and it is not permissible to disbelieve in any one of them. That is from Adam, Noah, Joseph, Abraham, Moses, Jesus up to the last Prophet (Muhammad) Peace Be Upon Him.
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by SensibleMusa: 5:35pm On Jul 21, 2013
I will take this discussion in particular and in context.
1) Does Islam permit marriage of underage girls?
Before you can answer this, you need to define the bolded: "underage". Under age even in recent days, differ from country to country. I need not list them because "wikipedia is your friend" and is currently between 15-18 years. Earlier, sometime before the 1900s (1880), it used to be 7yrs in the US state of Delaware. The fact is that this age is perception and could be reviewed up or down depending on prevailing perceptions. So right now, 14years will constitutionally, be underage in most countries in the world.

It is however important to understand that underage when and where both Islam and Christianity were formed, was much less than 14years. The story most people reference to cajole Islam is that of Mohammed (Peace and blessings of God be upon him).
The Quran and research has it that: Aiyesha was offered to the Prophet (Peace and blessings of God be upon him) by her parents, when she was about 6yrs old. But the Prophet (Peace and blessings of God be upon him) waited till she was 9yrs before agreeing. 9yrs was definitely not underage at that time and in that society. Consummating marriage has to wait till the girl is mature and willingly accepts to consummate the marriage. Aiyesha herself narrated how she so much loves the Prophet (Peace and blessings of God be upon him). Before your start crying wolf (especially if you are Christian), note that some marraiges in the bible happened to girls as young as three. From research, Mary was less than 14years when she was married to Joseph (who was either 30something or 90something depending on which document you are to follow).
So arriving at an answer, the Quran does NOT support the marriage to underaged girls as 9yrs was NOT underaged at that time and in that society. The Quran even goes further to forestall molestation by giving the wife the right to consent/refuse any form of intimacy with the husband (unlike most religions).

2) In context: As regards Yerima, some moslems and their insistence on underaged marriage while backing it up with Quran.
Since there is no particular age proscribed in the Quran (and there is none in the Bible), their is danger of people interpreting this the way it will suit them. In Africa, and in most part of Nigeria, our forefathers took wives much younger than 14years. Whether you want to change with civilization or not is still left to personal choice. This kind of interpretation to suit oneself is most evident among the Christians with so many denominations, quoting one testament to counter the other. The Sharia law gives the people right to decide such things as age of marriage, and in my limited knowledge, attaining full maturity is required for intercourse. Full maturity in this time and age is different than what it was in those days (like I said before, full maturity now is greater than 14years in most places and their could be exceptions). Most Islamic Nations have drafted constitutions that permit marriage only for girls 16years and above; Saudi Arabia inclusive so I wonder why some people hold tightly unto underage marriage.

This is Religious Law and will not and cannot be changed by any amount of noise by unbelievers.

But if you come to my house to ask for Amina's (10yrs) hand in mariage; you will go and join Chinda in a UK hospital (Gun wounds this time).
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by deols(f): 5:36pm On Jul 21, 2013
The real things of the end time.

...Islam would be strange.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do Muslim Females Make Very Beautiful Hairstlyles To Eventually Cover It Up? / Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily / "You Are Making Fun Of A Man Who Is Older Than Your Father!" ... "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.