Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. (20395 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants To Move Her Things Over & Start Living With Me / ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church / My Girlfriend Wants Me To Break Her Virginity: What I'm Going To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by infoscope(m): 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
You must be a proud brat.. As of now MTN foundation scholarship is the highest paying at 200,000 per session. NLNG is 100k and shell is 75k, so you need to tell me how you came up with such inflated figures. BTW you are not supposed to be in more than one scholarship. What's your full name?

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Gialmine(f): 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2013
sexkillz: You've been an obedient puppy from get go. Are you refusing to obey this time around because money is involved? You smelt money and suddenly remembered you have balls?

You allowed her run your life happily. You have never complained about her nor the sacrifices she has done and undergone for you. How many girls will teach and encourage a boy these days? Stand by him and make sure he takes his books seriously? Nudge him to apply for an exam, and coach him to success? Those are the qualities of a wife. It's a pity and a shame that you have chosen to look at the financial aspect alone.

A person who is grateful will share that money into 2 and give her half, just to show appreciation. Count how many blessings that have come to you because she was there. Now she is bad because money is coming your way.

Shame on you my brother, shame on you.

Some people do not know what they have, until it's taken away from them. In few years to come, you'll be looking for a "wife material".

How many present day wives have the interests of their husbands at heart like this girl does?

Smh.

1000 LIKES!!!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2013
More money, more/new problems. I applied 4 NLNG too o. Abeg direct ur g.f to me cos i'll b willing to gv ha 5% of my 300k
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by slimyem: 12:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
yuzedo: Huh? Gold diggarrrrrr?? Is she Slimyem?!?! angry

...oh, never mind, can't be her. undecided
Emi Yuzedo?
You go mit meah fore hause!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Heatblast(m): 12:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
Don't be foolish
Never give anyone your account details, except you don't care of losing the money.
If you really want her to monitor your account, sign her number/mail for transaction alerts
Feelings can change in an instant, in life you shouldn't trust anyone 100%.
Datsall

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by sicily4u: 12:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
my guy use GEJ style and tell her that you don't give a damn about declaring Ur assets
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
infoscope: You must be a proud brat.. As of now MTN foundation scholarship is the highest paying at 200,000 per session. NLNG is 100k and shell is 75k, so you need to tell me how you came up with such inflated figures. BTW you are not supposed to be in more than one scholarship. What's your full name?

hmmm? undecided undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by justplainpaul(m): 12:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
freecocoa: I didn't even see this post before giving my advice so you see, I had a feeling this is what her reason could be.

I felt like that cos its something I would do but only if I'm sure the man I'm with isn't good with spending money.

OP I understand your skepticism cos tbh it takes a whole lot to trust someone with all you have but then, you should be able to make this decision based on how far you've come with this girl, is she the type who would stay with you through thick and thin? Has money always been an issue with you two? Does she have some money of her own and doesn't expect you to shoulder all her responsibilities? Is she materialistic? Am I handling money the right way? Do I give her a reason to feel I'm not my best when it comes to money issues?

Questions like the above are what you should ask yourself before reaching a conclusion.
she might exibit good behaviours now but, what happens if she change 2moro and runaway with the money. then pple go dey call am MUMUNI.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by moscobabs(m): 12:36pm On Aug 01, 2013
u can only try it if u are MIKE UNIFORM MIKE UNIFORM(MUMU)
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Heatblast(m): 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2013
infoscope: You must be a proud brat.. As of now MTN foundation scholarship is the highest paying at 200,000 per session. NLNG is 100k and shell is 75k, so you need to tell me how you came up with such inflated figures. BTW you are not supposed to be in more than one scholarship. [b]What's your full name? [\b]
Lmao, do you want to report him ni? grin
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by MsSantaClaus(f): 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2013
Symphony007: you make it sound as if i am berating her. I said it loud and clear that i love her but this issue is very sensitive and i don't want it to affect my relationship in anyway. I know when money gets in a relationship, disaster looms.

Your comment was very hurtfull.;(

But what you posted here about the girl you Claim to love is more than hurtful! What if she sees it? If not for her love and guidance, would that money be sitting in your account? Some girls would have dumped you just on the fact that you were not excelling in school, meaning you have no bright future, but she saw the potential in you, didn't give up on you, patiently coached you to bring out the best! Now you are suspecting her motives! Tomorrow when you marry a first class bitch, you 'll be wondering where you went wrong! Don't listen to advice from the negative ppl, the last man gave you the best and most mature analysis of the situation. You may just be missing your jewel of inestimable beauty! A word is enough for the wise!

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by PStacks(m): 12:40pm On Aug 01, 2013
They say, behind every successful man, there is a woman..

Its really dicey! She's not your wife but a girl friend and she is mostly responsible for the heights you'v attained..

I can't say to give or not to give but if I were in your shoes, I swearagad, I'l give her everything she ask. Seriously I'm not kidding you. Its a privilege to have a girl friend more intelligent that you. That's what I crave for all my life. Something like a Power couple.

Imagine a real cream brilliant girl with a Bad boy. The combo is final.. Recipe for the Top.

Follow your mind sha.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by baresy007(m): 12:43pm On Aug 01, 2013
Symphony007: Hey guys. My girlfriend and i have been dating for a while and we are in the university.

She is a genius, i'm not dull but slightly lazy and rhusty in some courses.

Since we started dating. She took it upon herself to tutor me.

Forced me to go to night classes and read, supervise all my assignments. And surprisingly i improved greatly and i sat for NLNG and SHELL scholarship.

At the end shockingly. My name came out and today i am getting 300 thousand from LNG per session and 200,000 from shell. So plus the money i get from my parents.

My account is chilling but now my girlfriend is asking me to share all my financial data with her, from ATM pins to account details and investments.

It's really bothering me cause i don't think it's right but yet i don't want to seem ungrateful. My friends have told me not to try it.

Now i am not stingy, i buy her gifts and take her on expensive dinners. But why does she want those details and do you think i should trust her and give her?
remember she is the foundation of your academic success, u can assist her financially but dont let her n your friends control you over your money

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by scarface25: 12:44pm On Aug 01, 2013
ajas baba: guy dont try it oh.dont let her to also teach you how to spend your money.
i tink u shud trust her if u truely love her
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 01, 2013
...it's like you know what you want,you just want people to approve your decisions.please don't allow her access to your funds because all of her gestures will lead to your destruction.all the best...
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Wahala90: 12:48pm On Aug 01, 2013
What?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by NOIBMUUL(m): 12:48pm On Aug 01, 2013
Symphony007: Hey guys. My girlfriend and i have been dating for a while and we are in the university.

She is a genius, i'm not dull but slightly lazy and rhusty in some courses.

Since we started dating. She took it upon herself to tutor me.

Forced me to go to night classes and read, supervise all my assignments. And surprisingly i improved greatly and i sat for NLNG and SHELL scholarship.

At the end shockingly. My name came out and today i am getting 300 thousand from LNG per session and 200,000 from shell. So plus the money i get from my parents.

My account is chilling but now my girlfriend is asking me to share all my financial data with her, from ATM pins to account details and investments.

It's really bothering me cause i don't think it's right but yet i don't want to seem ungrateful. My friends have told me not to try it.

Now i am not stingy, i buy her gifts and take her on expensive dinners. But why does she want those details and do you think i should trust her and give her?

Men!!! SMH
If you can allow her tutor you to academic success, why not allow her tutor you to financial success? Or at worst, she go chop your money with you, which isn't a bad idea AT ALL, AT ALL, considering she helped you up.

Recognise a help-meet when you see one mate. Good luck.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by calddon(m): 12:48pm On Aug 01, 2013
sexkillz:
How many present day wives have the interests of their husbands at heart like this girl does?

Smh.

NONE.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by presiade(m): 12:48pm On Aug 01, 2013
Format
1) Open Two more accounts (apart from the one your scholarships funds are paid into)
2) divide all your money into three; leave 1/3 in the scholarship account, and put 1/3 in each of the other accounts.
3) Let her know the details of 1 of the accounts (must never be the scholarship account).
4) whenever she asks for where the other money is tell her you have invested some of the money.
Try her with this method to know her intent and trust or untrust her completely afterwards.
I hope this helps.
Between you're lucky o, You alone NLNG and Shell scholarships. I was only able to get TOTAL(ELF) Petroleum scholarship in my own days

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by solidman59(m): 12:49pm On Aug 01, 2013
My brother please don't even try it. If she's not ok with what u give her she can go. Because the truth isill still leave you one day
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by NOIBMUUL(m): 12:51pm On Aug 01, 2013
infoscope: You must be a proud brat.. As of now MTN foundation scholarship is the highest paying at 200,000 per session. NLNG is 100k and shell is 75k, so you need to tell me how you came up with such inflated figures. BTW you are not supposed to be in more than one scholarship. What's your full name?

Oga FBI, abeg dress commot!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by eio2013: 12:52pm On Aug 01, 2013
DONT EVER TRY IT.
U CAN ASSIST HER WITH CAUTION.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by crackhaus: 12:52pm On Aug 01, 2013
LoL..
Well truth be told, during my time in Uniport, the highest fee I ever heard being paid out per session in scholarships were for students indigenous to Bonny island where NLNG is located, and that was 150,000Naira.

Poster,
Whatever that case may be, I don't see why your girl should need your bank statements and ATM pin to monitor your accounts. Like someone rightly said, email/SMS notifications to her phone can do that job effectively.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by exbash: 12:54pm On Aug 01, 2013
Go to the bank change the alert fone number to hers and anytime u withdraw the alert goes to her fone hence she is monitoring the spending.... thats all
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Jaymarius(f): 12:54pm On Aug 01, 2013
I don't even expect you to ask this question.This lady has been there for you ever since. You achieved all these because of GOD, AND BECAUSE SHE WAS THERE FOR YOU. How many ladies care about there guy's academics,talk more of forcing them to read? If u were d one in her shoes and she doesn't want to share her financial matters with you, how will you feel? From your story, i believe that this gal is not a wayward gal, but a sensible and intelligent gal. Y do u have to be skeptic when it comes to money issue? Lemme tell you, i have my fiance's Pin(for ATM),i know his full salary, and how he spends it, he even calls me when his salary is being paid...I didn't ask for these, he called me to tell me; AND I WILL NEVER GO BEHIND HIS BACK TO WITHDRAW MONEY. Really, she deserves to be given a little share of the money sef...But above all, u av to trust her with little, before entrusting much to her.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by nbright: 12:54pm On Aug 01, 2013
Symphony007: the scholarship was exclusive for natives of NLNG and shell host communities. And she not from any. I am.
NLNG scholarship is for all students of the federation, I don't know much about shell's criteria... The only firm I know that does this host community of a thing is Agip... But one can still apply for it even if one is not from a host community but do study pure science including economics and I think accountancy..
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by ntendai: 12:55pm On Aug 01, 2013
It might just be a test to see what level of relationship you guys are.....seeing that she might have contributed immensely to your academic development. She wants to know what's her place in your world.

My advice is to ask her exactly why she needs those details.. then use your discretion to decide whether to give it to her or not... but decide wisely.... she seems to be quite smart.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Vonwolf(m): 12:58pm On Aug 01, 2013
sexkillz: You've been an obedient puppy from get go. Are you refusing to obey this time around because money is involved? You smelt money and suddenly remembered you have balls?

You allowed her run your life happily. You have never complained about her nor the sacrifices she has done and undergone for you. How many girls will teach and encourage a boy these days? Stand by him and make sure he takes his books seriously? Nudge him to apply for an exam, and coach him to success? Those are the qualities of a wife. It's a pity and a shame that you have chosen to look at the financial aspect alone.

A person who is grateful will share that money into 2 and give her half, just to show appreciation. Count how many blessings that have come to you because she was there. Now she is bad because money is coming your way.

Shame on you my brother, shame on you.

Some people do not know what they have, until it's taken away from them. In few years to come, you'll be looking for a "wife material".

Smh.

Hmmm...very thick one from a wise fellow!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by jaibang(m): 12:58pm On Aug 01, 2013
Heatblast: Don't be foolish
Never give anyone your account details, except you don't care of losing the money.
If you really want her to monitor your account, sign her number/mail for transaction alerts
Feelings can change in an instant, in life you shouldn't trust anyone 100%.
Datsall
i really like this advise. yes, she can monitor, but you still have the atm pins.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by omiobo: 12:58pm On Aug 01, 2013
Girl matter dey fear me pass devil. My advice,no try am. Why must she know? She doesn't need to be bothered except you spend like a prodigal son.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Olysmile(f): 1:01pm On Aug 01, 2013
maxwello.yg:

Are you not a man? So at your age you are not yet able to spend your money wisely huh? Now a Nigerian girl is doing it for you. Probably if you succeed in marrying her, she would be telling you how to spend your money and what to spend them on. I smh@u
Guy easyoooo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

400 Gays To Be 'Cured' Of Homosexuality In Ghana / What Do Guys Admire In A Lady? / How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.