Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. (20394 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants To Move Her Things Over & Start Living With Me / ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church / My Girlfriend Wants Me To Break Her Virginity: What I'm Going To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Wislet(f): 9:43pm On Aug 01, 2013
Symphony007: thanks in part to you guys i have made a decision but i won't say it here, if i do, i will disappiont those who don't agree with me. As you can see from the comment, some folks are really vocal about this. So it's better i preserve my decision and appreciate all the comments.
@ SYMPHONY, I'm usually very blunt, so I'll go straight to the point.

I'm sorry, but if you give that girl your ATM pin, then you act veeeerrryyy unwisely. God has given you brains to reason with, so if you do not make (good) use of it, then you should pity you alone.

Caring about someone does not mean you should ever ask for their account pin,. I have said over and over and over on Nairaland, and I will continue to sound it in the ears of the boys and men here; NEVER EVER 'INVEST' IN A WOMAN WHO IS NOT YOUR WIFE. NO WOMAN WHO TRULY LOVES YOU AS A GIRLFRIEND WILL EVEn 'THINK' UP SUCH A PREPOSTEROUS THOUGHT.

According to you, you are not a spendthrift, so why would she want to help you 'manage' what you are not wasting... What you are using wisely??

I do not know how your thought process works, but may you not be the proverbial 'wise' man who failed to listen to instruction because he trusted someone who he trusted loved him and lived to regret it.

The ONLY person you are authorized to TRUST is GOD, and to some extent YOUR WIFE. No one else in-between.

The lady taught you, Good. Made you take your studies serious, Good. You passed the exams, Good. You are now earning some money, Good. Does she now want a pound of flesh for the 'help?'.

By the way, while acknowledging her help, you should know too that no matter how smart one might be, if God does not give you a thing, your 'smartness' can never achieve it. So I hope you don't worship her, or feel inferior about yourself and 'achievements' before her, or feel so much indebted you think your account and everything you are worth from now on for the rest of your life belongs to her.

If you like, you can put some money in her account as a friend, but it would be unthinkable if you ever relinquish what is supposed to be for your knowledge only.

What if you end up without her tomorrow? Will you tell your future wife who it is that has so much hold over you that your account balance is hers too?

Unless you're one of the lilly-livered guys that are so starry-eyed they allow 'love' to rule their thinking faculties, I think you should think like a man.

The heart is a vulnerable organ, easily lured. Learn to be a man who uses his head first. That is why it is up there before your heart.

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by jjagz: 10:07pm On Aug 01, 2013
infoscope: You must be a proud brat.. As of now MTN foundation scholarship is the highest paying at 200,000 per session. NLNG is 100k and shell is 75k, so you need to tell me how you came up with such inflated figures. BTW you are not supposed to be in more than one scholarship. What's your full name?
am usually a prude nd careful wid ma words..buh once in a while guyz have to go mad...so am telling u...shut the Bleep up....agbami pays 200,000....d yes...lng pays 300,000.... So get ur facts right before pulling king kong
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by jjagz: 10:07pm On Aug 01, 2013
infoscope: You must be a proud brat.. As of now MTN foundation scholarship is the highest paying at 200,000 per session. NLNG is 100k and shell is 75k, so you need to tell me how you came up with such inflated figures. BTW you are not supposed to be in more than one scholarship. What's your full name?
am usually a prude nd careful wid ma words..buh once in a while guyz have to go mad...so am telling u...shut the f.uck up....agbami pays 200,000....d yes...lng pays 300,000.... So get ur facts right before pulling king kong
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by BloodyMitch(f): 10:22pm On Aug 01, 2013
please that guy is lying which one is 200k a session, shell scholarship as i have known it to be is 50k a session, why should you not even give her some money after all she tutored you, if you were going for a private lesson wouldn't you have paid for it. Now money has come you have realized she wants your scholarship money dont worry another stuff will come up and you will need her help.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Anaskie(m): 10:26pm On Aug 01, 2013
uche13: @ OP, sorry to say but it seems like your girlfriend is the one calling the shots in your relationship. I am looking at the bigger picture and not just because she asked for your pin. She sounds controlling and authoritative. You also seem to act like a sissy that your girlfriend has to help, push and motivate you to do things. There is entirely nothing wrong in that as women were created to be helpers and most successful men have good wives who encourage and motivate them into greatness. However, there is a limit.

I admire the fact that she is encouraging you towards investing and not squandering the scholarship money you would receive but that does not mean she should get your atm pin and monitor your spending. She should trust that you have a sensible head on your shoulders not to waste your money and I am sorry to say that if she does not trust you in that regard, then that is a bigger issue.

I am not against couples divulging their atm pins to each other (I have that of my fiance) but I never requested for it. However, I am totally against her reason for wanting your pin. So what would happen na? she would notice a withdrawal and maybe you would get a paper and pen and be asked to write down and account on every kobo spent. Nonsense!!!.

You really need to work on yourself. If your girlfriend cannot trust your sense of judgment then the relationship is headed for the rocks. This is because she would get tired of being the one pushing, encouraging and motivating you and understanding how intelligent she is, she would look for a man that would also bring out the best in her and lead her because every lady wants a man they can look upto in every aspect.

As for your girlfriend, that's the problem with some of we ladies. Not knowing where to draw the line. You can bring out the best in your partner without tampering with his ego and making it seem like he is being controlled.

By the way I don't buy into the nonsense of splitting the money with her. Yes be grateful for her help and buy her gifts or even give her some money but that is where it ends. Does it mean because an uncle helped me secure a job that I should start sharing my salary with him?. Wont I just thank him, buy a gift in appreciation and if he requires any financial assistance in the future and I can help, I would gladly oblige him?

Normal Nigerian mentality. I helped you secure a job or political appointment and you must then always do my bidding.

SMH!!!

+1,000,000 likes!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by alabrabaakonte(f): 10:36pm On Aug 01, 2013
I tink dis guy is not alrite... How will u say sometin lyk dis... Pls go for checkup...
50calibre: Why should you give her any money, was that part of the agreement?

@OP look this world is a very tough place, survival of fittest, learn to back-stab anyone, don't be afraid to hurt anyone's feelings as far as you get what you want, the end justifies the means.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by BloodyMitch(f): 10:37pm On Aug 01, 2013
oh is 75k now but how come dis liar of a guy is claiming is 200K if you dont have real stories please just zip your lips abi stop your hand from grabbing a pen. You think your are talking to dummies here?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 01, 2013
[/b]
50calibre: Why should you give her any money, was that part of the agreement?

@(˘^˘)[b] look this world is a very tough place, survival of fittest, learn to back-stab anyone, don't be afraid to hurt anyone's feelings as far as you get what you want, the end justifies the means
grin this is actually in DEVILS voice. Lol
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 01, 2013
This guy and his useless stories
Isnt he the guy who said his dean wanted to him to have her child,that he was very brilliant,now he don suddenly turn dullard for this story lol,ur stories are very interesting

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by shakaz(m): 11:17pm On Aug 01, 2013
@Op, I must commend you for your astuteness.
Again congrats for making front page.
I will comeback to this topic. BUT 1ST LET ME BEGIN WITH A CONCLUSION, If you are this shrewd why not try converting it in a positive way, I suggest you write a book with the late Napoleon Hills you should name it ''THINK and GROW POPULAR'' no sarcasm!!

Now back to your life, late June this year you created a topic about your gf not having accomodation and wanting you two to live together. That shows she'z not always thinking straight or not as smart as you say she.
Early last month(July) same you created a thread about ''A dean in your faculty of law age 30, appointed by RECTOR of YOUR UNIVERSITY who wanted you to impregnate her''.. Well after much critism on that thread and insult on how the story was fabricated and how that same story has appeared years ago in blogs.same thread explain 30year old being a dean is not feasible and how a University is headed by a vice chancellor not a rector.
You still have the zeal of creating yet another repugnant story.
NB:1. NLNG n SHELL are open to all state they might give preference to host community but all states can apply.
2. The amount you stated was far far exaggerated.

Having said this, My advice to you is get to know your hobby it could be weaving(fabric----ation). Anything to get your busy because an Idle brain they say.........

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by slimikenna(m): 2:49am On Aug 02, 2013
there are a million ways of showing your love, dont make sharing atm pins and bank account details one of them. even if she is your wife....particularly if she is your wife. my humble opinion.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 3:17am On Aug 02, 2013
shakaz: @Op, I must commend you for your astuteness.
I will comeback to this topic. BUT 1ST LET ME BEGIN WITH A CONCLUSION, If you are this shrewd why not try converting it in a positive way, I suggest you write a book with the late Napoleon Hills you should name it ''THINK and GROW POPULAR'' no sarcasm!!

Now back to your life, late June this year you created a topic about your gf not having accomodation and wanting you two to live together. That shows she'z not always thinking straight or not as smart as you say she.
Early last month(July) same you created a thread about ''A dean in your faculty of law age 30, appointed by RECTOR of YOUR UNIVERSITY who wanted you to impregnate her''.. Well after much critism on that thread and insult on how the story was fabricated and how that same story has appeared years ago in blogs.same thread explain 30year old being a dean is not feasible and how a University is headed by a vice chancellor not a rector.
NB:1. NLNG n SHELL are open to all state they might give preference to host community but all states can apply.

Having said this, My advice to you is get to know your hobby it could be weaving(fabric----ation). Anything to get your busy because an Idle brain they say.........

Damn shocked Are you saying OP is just a story teller? OP come and defend yourself o. Hmmm... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by dangiwa09(m): 3:46am On Aug 02, 2013
Symphony007: Hey guys. My girlfriend and i have been dating for a while and we are in the university.

She is a genius, i'm not dull but slightly lazy and rhusty in some courses.

Since we started dating. She took it upon herself to tutor me.

Forced me to go to night classes and read, supervise all my assignments. And surprisingly i improved greatly and i sat for NLNG and SHELL scholarship.

At the end shockingly. My name came out and today i am getting 300 thousand from LNG per session and 200,000 from shell. So plus the money i get from my parents.

My account is chilling but now my girlfriend is asking me to share all my financial data with her, from ATM pins to account details and investments.

It's really bothering me cause i don't think it's right but yet i don't want to seem ungrateful. My friends have told me not to try it.

Now i am not stingy, i buy her gifts and take her on expensive dinners. But why does she want those details and do you think i should trust her and give her?

You're still a STUDENT, why do you need EXPENSIVE DINNERS?
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by NIKKnJAZZ(f): 4:35am On Aug 02, 2013
ocelot2006:

You gave her the damn info....jeez...pls feel free to hand over your balls and spine, bruv, cos you're now a confirmed wussy maga. Feel free to pick up your brand new vagina on your way out.

LOLLL
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Symphony007: 6:46am On Aug 02, 2013
ekwah:

Damn shocked Are you saying OP is just a story teller? OP come and defend yourself o. Hmmm... lipsrsealed
i assure you and everybody who have taken their time to comment on this that it is real. And i am gratefull.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by me1234: 6:52am On Aug 02, 2013
My advice, open another account move half of your money without letting her know then give her the details of one of your account and keep the other away from her.with this you will know what her intentions are so you don't put yourself in a helpless situation.from experience you really can be too careful with money even with your wife or husband.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Symphony007: 6:52am On Aug 02, 2013
dangiwa09:

You're still a STUDENT, why do you need EXPENSIVE DINNERS?
let's call it a date. Something we do once in a while as a couple plus they are not too expensive or regular enough to put a dent in my pocket.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by solelymade: 7:55am On Aug 02, 2013
shakaz: @Op, I must commend you for your astuteness.

Bros u wicked small... are u his Nemesis or God dat kip all archive.. God go open ur case too..Make we jus groove dey go abeg forgive and forget U TOO GO SOON MAKE FRONTPAGE
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by sirmally: 9:14am On Aug 02, 2013
Bro if u try and u don't regret it call me a bastard, firstly u wouldn't end up marrying that girl I bet anything when u give her all that info she would take u for granted. What is personal should stay personal open ur eyes and see that greed is coming her way. U spend a lot on her yea so how much more would u have in your account if u spend that amount on her that's what she's thinking. All the best
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Babaji111(m): 11:50am On Aug 02, 2013
She is not a friend. Dump her.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by beewhyfocs(m): 2:18pm On Aug 02, 2013
Young man beware! You are not married to her yet, so no need for joint account stuff or absolute monitoring. To monitor your spending, she doesn't need your pin or ATM details. She she should give her advice on how she feels the money should be spent. I have a feeling that she doesn't see you as a matured person yet, so she feels years ahead of you in terms of maturity.

Don't be a boy forever, grow up and be a man! Learn from her, but be responsible. You shouldn't be forced to read again, now that cool money is spinning into your pocket on an annual basis. You should know how to keep up with your academics so the scholarship can continue.

[color=#000099][/color]
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by WIMUNR(m): 7:36pm On Aug 02, 2013
The Op being a prankster is not the issue here, great lessons can still be learnt from opinions and suggestions made.
I feel Wislet nailed it with her suggestion (though she's one BLUNT chick *phew*), Uche as well offered great advice.
Op, you should realise that most ladies prefer and respect a man that is proactive, takes initiative and stand by his decision (not being overtly stubborn though).
Give her your PIN and other bank details and watch her respect for you go south. She will simply take you for a sissy afterwards.
She myt be smart, intelligent and a genius......., but you never mentioned that she's an investment Banker or financial analyst.
To reiterate what well meaning peeps have said, what you need to do is always seek her advice before spending or investing the money and keep her in the know.
I personally don't subscribe to using her mobile number for receiving bank alerts, it's too risky (what if someone fiddles with her phone and gets to know ur worth).
Your relationship should be built on trust, she should trust you enough to spend the money wisely, she no be ya mama o (abi she be Police?)
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by flyforall: 9:58pm On Aug 02, 2013
be a man and stand up for yourself
Even the banks that give you the ATM
tell you not to share the PIN or banking info
A word is enough for the wise
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:15am On Aug 03, 2013
Interesting thread...

Okay let's look @ it this way

I have been heartbroken by a girl I met in school, couched her through her 100level she had a cgpa of 4.1 for the year, she had all my details acct and all. I left her my lcd tv,my fridge and everything I bought in school, but when I graduated...hmmm the rest they say is history.

So I have issues with love and trust, but I'll be a terrible person if I projected my heartbreak on her (like so many posters have done).

Sexkills had done the long post so let me keep it simple.

Read these letters carefully : IF YOU LOOSE HER OVER THIS YOU WILL FOREVER REGRET IT

If only my ex-girlfriend was like her *sobs* LMAO

Don't give her your PIN not because you don't love her...no
Show her you can take care of yourself,cos if you can't take care of yourself how can she trust you to take care of her?

Tell you want to make your mistakes,learn and grow. Let her understand that its not because you don't love.

Be a leader,women love leaders
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Blessednorbet(m): 9:42am On Aug 03, 2013
God must shorly put an end to all this problems.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by touchmeder: 11:49am On Aug 03, 2013
i will not even share my bank pin with my husband and if i did for pressing reasons, then you bet i'd be changing that PIN as soon as i can sharply. Please she does not need to have your pin to monitor your spending, you can print statements and both look at it together and discuss the money generally if you care. Damn this aint even marriage yet o see gobe.

Be generous with her, she seems like a good BUT SMART GIRL, but make sure you are saving some of that money because NYSC days and all aint funny at all. She should not have half of the money, that is pushing it too far. she is not your business partner and its not a do for me i do for you affair. besides YOU WROTE THE EXAM ALONE AT THE END OF THE DAY, she coached but you used your head write the exam. all the best
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by richerd: 4:40pm On Aug 03, 2013
I don't buy d fact dt shez askin 4 ur details at all.buh u shldnt b stingy too.if dere are a few tins u noticed she needed b4 n cldnt give,now is d tym tu du so.du nice tins b4 ur asked.u don't av tu share d money equalli buh if u can help out wen shez in lack n u see dt shez in lack abeg dnt wait 4 ha tu beg u.wat wld exPensive dinners du? I dnt buy d aspect of ha askin 4 anything from u in return 4 ha help u are d one tu av sense n knw u shld reward ha aliitle.a frnd of mine went thru dis same fin buh in his case d gal didn't ask 4 nothin.he split hiz money into 2.tu show his apreciation.buh dt cld work 4 him.ifdt can't work 4 u, coz u nid money 4 a feww tins stil b generous n give ha sumfin frm ur heart sumfin she can use wiseli .expensive diner is not it at all
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Fajzay: 8:20am On Aug 04, 2013
freecocoa: I didn't even see this post before giving my advice so you see, I had a feeling this is what her reason could be.

I felt like that cos its something I would do but only if I'm sure the man I'm with isn't good with spending money.

OP I understand your skepticism cos tbh it takes a whole lot to trust someone with all you have but then, you should be able to make this decision based on how far you've come with this girl, is she the type who would stay with you through thick and thin? Has money always been an issue with you two? Does she have some money of her own and doesn't expect you to shoulder all her responsibilities? Is she materialistic? Am I handling money the right way? Do I give her a reason to feel I'm not my best when it comes to money issues?

Questions like the above are what you should ask yourself before reaching a conclusion.

Nope!!! U dont need someone's ATM pin to monitor his account. How do u want to do it? Are U in custody of the ATM card or u will be sneaking it out of his wallet to monitor? or ask him for it to go check the account Looks fishy to me. If you wanna monitor someone's account, just ask for his internet banking user name and ID. and the guy should keep his token far away or not even use token at all (endure the pain of going to the bank regularly / better still begin the use of mobile wallet app on ur fone). Like this she can see all transactions made on the account.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by dindingis: 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2013
sexkillz: You've been an obedient puppy from get go. Are you refusing to obey this time around because money is involved? You smelt money and suddenly remembered you have balls?

You allowed her run your life happily. You have never complained about her nor the sacrifices she has done and undergone for you. How many girls will teach and encourage a boy these days? Stand by him and make sure he takes his books seriously? Nudge him to apply for an exam, and coach him to success? Those are the qualities of a wife. It's a pity and a shame that you have chosen to look at the financial aspect alone.

A person who is grateful will share that money into 2 and give her half, just to show appreciation. Count how many blessings that have come to you because she was there. Now she is bad because money is coming your way.

Shame on you my brother, shame on you.

Some people do not know what they have, until it's taken away from them. In few years to come, you'll be looking for a "wife material".

How many present day wives have the interests of their husbands at heart like this girl does?

Smh.

guy ur post is d best I hav seen today.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by rozyemmanuel: 11:17am On Dec 27, 2013
My dear be wise, don't be mislead by anyone, this lady according to your has made great impact in your life which you have never expected or cannot do on your own. So just be careful with your Words, Thoughts or Actions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

400 Gays To Be 'Cured' Of Homosexuality In Ghana / What Do Guys Admire In A Lady? / How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.