Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. (20391 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants To Move Her Things Over & Start Living With Me / ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church / My Girlfriend Wants Me To Break Her Virginity: What I'm Going To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by jadelyn007(f): 1:49pm On Aug 01, 2013
Pls op,u knw ur galfrd more Dan we do.don't let money issue come btwn u guys.if u trust her enuf u can give her.a male friend of mine gave his galfrd his pin n ATM card cos he spends money anyhow.his gal was in charge of all his finances.infact I use to say d gal is stingy cos wen d guy wants to lavish d money on we his friends,d gal will always say no.today they hv broken up bt she never took any money frm him witout his knwledge n permission. My own boifrd wouldn't do dat cos he knws I don't knw how to control my own money talkless of his own.so I wouldn't even ask for his details.u knw ur galfrd!!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by SaintChukz(m): 1:52pm On Aug 01, 2013
infoscope: You must be a proud brat.. As of now MTN foundation scholarship is the highest paying at 200,000 per session. NLNG is 100k and shell is 75k, so you need to tell me how you came up with such inflated figures. BTW you are not supposed to be in more than one scholarship. What's your full name?
Don't mind the lying Snake, he thinks everyone on NL are fools; how is it even possible to be a beneficiary of two different but similar scholarships in Nigeria? The OP is taking us all for a ride....mshewww
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:54pm On Aug 01, 2013
@uche13,
Well said!!!
I thought I was the only one reasoning in that direction.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by ocelot2006(m): 1:55pm On Aug 01, 2013
sexkillz: You've been an obedient puppy from get go. Are you refusing to obey this time around because money is involved? You smelt money and suddenly remembered you have balls?

You allowed her run your life happily. You have never complained about her nor the sacrifices she has done and undergone for you. How many girls will teach and encourage a boy these days? Stand by him and make sure he takes his books seriously? Nudge him to apply for an exam, and coach him to success? Those are the qualities of a wife. It's a pity and a shame that you have chosen to look at the financial aspect alone.

A person who is grateful will share that money into 2 and give her half, just to show appreciation. Count how many blessings that have come to you because she was there. Now she is bad because money is coming your way.

Shame on you my brother, shame on you.

Some people do not know what they have, until it's taken away from them. In few years to come, you'll be looking for a "wife material".

How many present day wives have the interests of their husbands at heart like this girl does?

Smh.

Oh please spare the sermon for some ball-less mugu? Was the lady sent to school to look after another collegue's finances? Is she his wife or even fiancee? Please let's get real here. This isn't some nollywood show.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by emmerks(m): 2:00pm On Aug 01, 2013
From all u have said I will say u should give her a try, she can really help to plan and invest if she really means it.

She's not asking for the money, all she's asking for is just to know how u spend ur money, she can always caution u when the money gets into ur head.

With SMS notification on ur accounts, u get to monitor ur money urself, even if she steals ur ATM and withdraw without ur consent u will easily know. Then, u can easily change ur PIN.

Even if u decide to change ur PIN without her knowing, just walk to the back, block d card, and request for a new one. With that u will cut her off.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by mathskill: 2:01pm On Aug 01, 2013
Deny her access to yourself
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by emmerks(m): 2:03pm On Aug 01, 2013
Remember to whom much is given, much is expected. U don't need to b scared, u can use this opportunity to know her better.

Use this opportunity to know to the kind of person she is.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Raymysterio(m): 2:03pm On Aug 01, 2013
Symphony007: Hey guys. My girlfriend and i have been dating for a while and we are in the university.

She is a genius, i'm not dull but slightly lazy and rhusty in some courses.

Since we started dating. She took it upon herself to tutor me.

Forced me to go to night classes and read, supervise all my assignments. And surprisingly i improved greatly and i sat for NLNG and SHELL scholarship.

At the end shockingly. My name came out and today i am getting 300 thousand from LNG per session and 200,000 from shell. So plus the money i get from my parents.

My account is chilling but now my girlfriend is asking me to share all my financial data with her, from ATM pins to account details and investments.

It's really bothering me cause i don't think it's right but yet i don't want to seem ungrateful. My friends have told me not to try it.

Now i am not stingy, i buy her gifts and take her on expensive dinners. But why does she want those details and do you think i should trust her and give her?
To be honest with you,don't try it. But however,you can assist her in real important things like helping her buy text books and probably assisting in part-paying her school fees(if you have the cash) not things like expensive dinners. She will easily 4get such. But please,don't share you financial secrets...are you a learner?
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by dnawah(m): 2:06pm On Aug 01, 2013
My bros this girl is the wise type.she want to know how u spend ur money.if she can bring u up academicaly she can still help u with ur money.marry her
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 01, 2013
@ Op,the truth's bitter n sexkillz has said it all.Man,where'd u find that kinda girl?-a girl that would nudge u on to academic success...If I had me a girl like that,combined with my own personal drive,boy,I could conquer the world.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by korm2me(m): 2:16pm On Aug 01, 2013
sexkillz: Yes you are berating and insulting her and by painting her in this way, you are also making the way open for total strangers to insult her. People who have no idea of what she has really gone thru for you can now open their mouths and call her idi.ot, because she coached you to pass an exam that has fetched you a paltry sum of 500,000 naira.

Will that money last forever? You passed an exam, you were awarded 500k, so you feel you have arrived? Push her away and go get another girl who'll not ask for your details but who doesn't care for your success? I can see how wise you are.

Have you even ever thought that she may not mean it the way you are painting and wanting it to be? You yourself said she is brainy and has what it takes, so apart from her not being an indigene, she'd have written this exam and trumped it. She is your girlfriend. Feels responsible for you. Organizes your life, so naturally, someone that literally brought you from scratch would expect that you continue in that parabolic trajectory but because she knows how disorganized you are, and tend to be, she asked for your details, to monitor your spending.

500k will come and go, but this girl will remain. Eject her at your own detriment. Such girls are a blessing and they never lack. She is intelligent and brainy and wise, a very good combination. You think she's after your chicken change? Don't worry, the euphoria of this money will die down and your eye shall be opened, and then you'll realize that you have let go the only person who truly ever cared about you. . . Forget what some People without caring girlfriends on this thread are saying. Some don't even have "re", not to talk of relationship. Some think all girls are the same. NONE of us will ever know how much she cares about you, but from what you have said, you have to trust this lady who has come this far for you and with you. . . She has earned it.

I don't care if my words hurt or not. If I was nearby I'd have applied a slap as well if it would help the ministry. It irritates me when guys become foolish out of mere assumptions cos money was involved.

Where would this money be if it wasn't for her?

Think.

my guy I wasn't too comfortable wt ur first comment . Bt wt Dix u hv said it all. " were wud d money b if it wasn't for her."? "leave her n date a gal who will NT care for u n doesn't demand ur bank details. To OP be wise ,Dix gal has made sacrifices for u.try n reach a compromise. It all depends on HW far u guys hv gone. Bt Bt in all dnt leave fix gal o, she is ur true WIFE. If we are to judge by ur story.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Boss13: 2:19pm On Aug 01, 2013
Yield:

Although she helped you improve academically, the money is yours. She has no share in it. Just because she helped you doesn't mean she's entitled to any of the money nor your financial information, nor did she have the right to ask you. She is money-hungry. That said, you should give her something, just to recognize and show gratitude for her efforts. How much you decide to give is up to you; it's not her place to be dictating anything. If you do that and she declines the money, then that's her problem. It seems she has been wearing the shoes in your relationship, which's why she had the audacity to be making such requests now. Never ever share your bank account information with anyone; don't even think about it.

Perfect Advice. Never ever share your bank details with anyone especially a girlfriend who is not yet a wife. Good she has helped you. Compensate by providing for her and also man up. She seems to be the man in the relationship. You have to man up and politely tell her you would show her how both inflows and outflows go through the account. However, never give anyone your ATM pin, bank signature e.t.c. If she intends to break up with you, count your loss and move on. I am advising you as a banker. Forget about the sentiments people are attaching to this. If she is concerned about assisting you, a monthly statement is enough for her. She can advise based on that but not with the ATM pin and card in her possession.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by tjdj: 2:24pm On Aug 01, 2013
Why does all here have to quote what one guy "sexkilled" or what he calls himself, cant you people think for yourself, OP girlfirends decision to take over his finances could be compared to a policeman telling someone rescued from being kidnapping that "now that i have rescued you, everything in your life henceforth must be made known to me, i will now instal GPS in your body so that i can know all you do.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by sarutobie(m): 2:28pm On Aug 01, 2013
sexkillz: You've been an obedient puppy from get go. Are you refusing to obey this time around because money is involved? You smelt money and suddenly remembered you have balls?

You allowed her run your life happily. You have never complained about her nor the sacrifices she has done and undergone for you. How many girls will teach and encourage a boy these days? Stand by him and make sure he takes his books seriously? Nudge him to apply for an exam, and coach him to success? Those are the qualities of a wife. It's a pity and a shame that you have chosen to look at the financial aspect alone.

A person who is grateful will share that money into 2 and give her half, just to show appreciation. Count how many blessings that have come to you because she was there. Now she is bad because money is coming your way.

Some people do not know what they have, until it's taken away from them. In few years to come, you'll be looking for a "wife material".

How many present day wives have the interests of their husbands at heart like this girl does?

Smh.

^^this one na better 'woman humbler'..na wetin we dey call this kind guys back in school..no be only atm pin and account number I go give you my prick number and details for safekeeping..
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by konn: 2:33pm On Aug 01, 2013
Yield:

Although she helped you improve academically, the money is yours. She has no share in it. Just because she helped you doesn't mean she's entitled to any of the money nor your financial information, nor did she have the right to ask you. She is money-hungry. That said, you should give her something, just to recognize and show gratitude for her efforts. How much you decide to give is up to you; it's not her place to be dictating anything. If you do that and she declines the money, then that's her problem. It seems she has been wearing the shoes in your relationship, which's why she had the audacity to be making such requests now. Never ever share your bank account information with anyone; don't even think about it.

please where is dislike button?
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Boss13: 2:40pm On Aug 01, 2013
@OP you think that lady was stupid to date you in the first place. Do you think you were Denzel Washington when you approached her. She considered her options properly, she asked you for your state of origin to ascertain your potentialities. She assisted you with studies because she knew there was a huge possibility for you to get a scholarship and I can bet she encouraged you to take the scholarship aptitude test. Even if you fail, she knows that once you are done with school the possibility of you landing an oil job is high because of your state of origin. Women have foresight. My advice for you is to politely say no and suggest other alternatives. Once you oblige to this, many more demands will come into the equation and you can never say no (I don't mean financial demands). A woman needs to understand the kind of person you are and as a man you should never change your personality. Don't be afraid, she will never leave. You are a big catch with potentials. Just struggle to graduate with a good result.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 01, 2013

Smh.

MUCH AS I HATE IT
URE RIGHT MAN
ALL THE WAY
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by konn: 2:45pm On Aug 01, 2013
This is an opportunity for you to test her ability to manage finance open another bank account divide the money into two give her the bank details for one of the accounts and keep the other to yourself, watch and see what she will do with the information on the account you gave her. If she mismanaged it then you will know the real her, just close that account. FULLSTOP
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by BankuTilapia: 2:45pm On Aug 01, 2013
Give everything to her because reading what you have posted gives an overwhelming evidence that you are a foooool and a buffoon who can't take care and decide for himself on daily basis. So i encourage you to even give your life to her and let her manage it for you.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by philybuck(m): 2:49pm On Aug 01, 2013
you sound like the Devil himself, from all indication the OP is a reckless spender and his girl wants him to stop that(though asking for his pin in on the extreme o)but the investment part makes some sense, OP use u brain!!
50calibre: Why should you give her any money, was that part of the agreement?

@OP look this world is a very tough place, survival of fittest, learn to back-stab anyone, don't be afraid to hurt anyone's feelings as far as you get what you want, the end justifies the means.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by gtrust: 3:22pm On Aug 01, 2013

Smh.

Well, Girlfriend is NOT wife right
Let's not get emotional.

What she is seeking to do (SDM- Substitute Decision Maker) is really good.
But,... there's a but!

The Op has to be given the right of 1st refusal: do you think you can marry this girl

If you don't feel she can 'metarmorphus' into a wife then say NO!
If you're kind hearted, split the money in halves with her.

If you say Yes! (ofcourse, I will say Yes, but you are not me) then do what she says!!!

I think what happened here is she doesn't want to teach you the FINAL lesson: HOW TO PROPOSE TO A GIRL 101!
She wants you to do it YOURSELF!

It's very easy: you can be blunt (please marry me)
you can do it the oyibo way (buy a ring, go on your knees: say her name and would you marry me??)

Enjoy!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by born2boink(m): 3:25pm On Aug 01, 2013
These Nigerian Girls na the same thing all over the world, shai
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by gtrust: 3:25pm On Aug 01, 2013
Raymysterio:
To be honest with you,don't try it. But however,you can assist her in real important things like helping her buy text books and probably assisting in part-paying her school fees(if you have the cash) not things like expensive dinners. She will easily 4get such. But please,don't share you financial secrets...are you a learner?

If she is that smart then she is probably smart enough to get her own scholarship!
I'm not sure it is the money she wants to control
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Alusioji(m): 3:27pm On Aug 01, 2013
Dis go be 1st class MUMURIZATION. If you try dat
Guy are you with us. In this generation. LOVE ABU ONYE EBEE(where is dat kind love from). Na Indian film
No dey MONGO oh (mongopark)
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by OGAattheTOP: 3:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
The OP is an obvious lair! Scholarship my foot! Why do you guys allow him to toy with your emotion?
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by madridsta007(m): 3:31pm On Aug 01, 2013
Symphony007: One of the reason she gave for wanting the details is that she wants to monitor how i spend the money and advice me on how to invest the money for future purposes. Because after graduation. Jobs won't be waiting with open arms so i need some money to hold on to. It sounds sensible and caring but i'm still skeptical.

Is she your girlfriend or your mother?
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by OGAattheTOP: 3:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
seunة: اسبدسجنطسباسجنطفذجباجسذحسانطسجأبسذسنطسدشجدطنفدسبانسدبسجذسادجدسبأسجنطذسجسبو

Seun or Beaf?
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by kenny091(m): 3:39pm On Aug 01, 2013
dont give her for whatever reason,if she needs anything let her ask you.if nt u'll soon be getting some bank alerts dat can cause high bld pressure
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by LoveAmaka88(f): 3:51pm On Aug 01, 2013
Congrats! This is an exciting time for you and it sounds like you are sharing it with a great person. You can share information with her without giving her the means to exploit you. If you want her advice, sit down and make a budget together. It sounds like she is overbearing and controlling asking for the pin. I wouldn't give her control over your money.

She helped, but you earned it. You did the work. You're not sharing your money with all of your professors are you? You being grateful, buying gifts, and being honest should be enough for her. Think about the fact the people's own parent sometimes exploit them financially. You can share without putting yourself at risk. You need to man up and set boundaries before she's running your whole life.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Ezebinaugwu(m): 3:51pm On Aug 01, 2013
OP my cousin sis told me that one of her mugu she use to teach in class and he jamed scholarship, if you are the one pls give her coz she had already promiss to change my galaxy s2 to note4

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Bigcake: 3:52pm On Aug 01, 2013
freecocoa: OP normally I'd say don't try that at all but then given your story and how much she has helped put you on the right track, sounds like she is a good girl with a good head on her shoulder so I say...

Are you sure she's not asking for all that cos you are a reckless spender?

She's your girl and you should know the kind of person she is, if she's not the kind of girl who cares so much about your welfare(which isn't what your story indicates)then run very far from her but if she is, then look for a way to reach a compromise. Its very important that you understand why she asked for all that before concluding.

You ve said it all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The HOURGLASS Female Body / 400 Gays To Be 'Cured' Of Homosexuality In Ghana / Why Are Men So Attracted To Women's Breast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.