Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. (20396 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants To Move Her Things Over & Start Living With Me / ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church / My Girlfriend Wants Me To Break Her Virginity: What I'm Going To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Wahala90: 1:01pm On Aug 01, 2013
50calibre: Why should you give her any money, was that part of the agreement?

@OP look this world is a very tough place, survival of fittest, learn to back-stab anyone, don't be afraid to hurt anyone's feelings as far as you get what you want, the end justifies the means.

What goes around comes around.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Candybob(m): 1:01pm On Aug 01, 2013
@op neva give your atm pin to anybody not even your mom! Financial decisions are made with the brain not with emotions at least not one that involve the phallus!

Money changed you as sexkillz put it, but dont forget it can change her too.. Why do you want to lead her into temptation.
I still dont even understand her request. what does she want to help you manage your money for, are u supposed to be some kind of slowpoke who dont know how to handle money?
If she were asking you to consider some investment or trustfund i would understand, but asking for access to your account! She is gradually bringing out herself.
U need to understand that ladies do permutations on guys. Its time for you to try out your own differentials!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by DrBaby(f): 1:02pm On Aug 01, 2013
@OP, see no one can advice u on dis...u alone know d girl in question and what u both share.
Allow me give u some details abt my relationship. My fiance and I were classmates and reading partners...we helped each oda thru schl...frm d first year to d last. We read everyday...wen he was loosing focus in 300level ( den guys were trying to show aw much of a man dey had become), I was d one who brot him back to focus n somehow separated him frm all d guys dt were influencing him badly....he is eternally grateful for dt.
Whats d big deal in sharing ur details if der is love?..I av all my bf's password to all his emails, bank cards, company acct etc...ryt frm schl its bn d case ...nothing t hide. He personally signed all his emails to my phone so I get notifications even for al d atm withdrawals he makes. I knw wen he borrows or lends people money.
This is just a test for u...its even free money..nt directly frm ur sweats...and u r like dis ...oga o...be very careful nt to lay a bad precedent cos u dont knw d future. Wen we were serving...my bf was nt paid a kobo...I was in lagos doing two full time jobs...aw did u think he survived. He had my atm and was free to make any withdrawal as far as he spends it d way he wl spend his own money. That year alone he travelled more than 5 times by air for some career things...abeg calculate d money...he did plenty certifying exams ...and ofcus feedn, housin n transport dey dia.
Wen I was doin my masters he was workin...my dear I survived on him....and now dt we r gettn married n contributing monthly towards it for a long time now...aw do u think we av coped? I will tell u....I work in d Uk as a doctor ..he works in naija as a doctor...u dont need to b a genius to understand I probably earn times 5 or more of his salary bt I advised we contribute based on percentage...and we av bn very fine.
Ppl wl say al sorts...his cousins said il leave him wen I was coming for my masters...bt he kept on saying 'she is nt dat type of girl'...we av thrived on trust n love.
Why am I preaching...u alone knw d type of girl she is...if she is worth it...dis is ur opportunity to build a life time of love n trust...d money is yearly abi?...she can probably only dupe u of a years worth...den u change password if u not ok.
Dont loose out on one of d worlds best woman because of greediness. ..and join d people who say woman r same etc

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Pelummy(f): 1:03pm On Aug 01, 2013
sexkillz: You've been an obedient puppy from get go. Are you refusing to obey this time around because money is involved? You smelt money and suddenly remembered you have balls?

You allowed her run your life happily. You have never complained about her nor the sacrifices she has done and undergone for you. How many girls will teach and encourage a boy these days? Stand by him and make sure he takes his books seriously? Nudge him to apply for an exam, and coach him to success? Those are the qualities of a wife. It's a pity and a shame that you have chosen to look at the financial aspect alone.

A person who is grateful will share that money into 2 and give her half, just to show appreciation. Count how many blessings that have come to you because she was there. Now she is bad because money is coming your way.

Shame on you my brother, shame on you.

Some people do not know what they have, until it's taken away from them. In few years to come, you'll be looking for a "wife material".

How many present day wives have the interests of their husbands at heart like this girl does?

Smh.

whaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,u really make my day........thumbs up
nice comment.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by nbright: 1:04pm On Aug 01, 2013
Tobbie9: see life, brilliant yoruba students struggle for scholarships while those from oil producing areas are being dashed, chai Nigeria sucks
Read your signature... It's the grace of God
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:06pm On Aug 01, 2013
Yo,

You have to share your atm pin and all your financial details.
The chances you would get married to her would be say about 10%.
The worst that can happen is that you would learn first hand how she reacts to money, and how you react with money as well.
In the future you would be able to better handle finances and a woman.
You are young, the money you make while you are in school would be a total of 2.5 million naira (assuming you are in engineering and you started collecting from 100 level) feel free to use it in learning your lesson. grin
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by findchudy: 1:07pm On Aug 01, 2013
She saw naira signs all over you... she sees you as her investments.

Sincere advise is let her know she is not wifey yet. Let her be content with the pocket money and gifts she receives.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by scarface25: 1:07pm On Aug 01, 2013
if you truly love her and you are certain she loves you too then you can trust her.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 01, 2013
why are some pple so dumb lyk dis? am sure most pple laying negative comments only read the hedline .
@ op lemme tell yhu dat 500k means nothing to her to her as u've discribed her from your post.it also sounds like u ar3 also Rusty wit spending&.
material girls only go for money, then spend the money on material things, she stood by u wen yhu are rusty. helped u climbed the heights yhu are now, n now money is involved yhu are tinking d other way. y na?
those ur stupid friends where were they wen yhu were Rusty n wen u need an advice she was d one. nw u don hama ur friends wan giv u advice abi?
@ op d truth is bitter oh. u av a wife material keep it now bcus if u loose it GOD will punish yhu. angry
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by stylesco: 1:10pm On Aug 01, 2013
Don't listen to those telling you to give her those acct information at all its not wise.
She's just a gf not a wife.
I'm sure you guys are in your early twenties. What does she need it for?
Its best she brings a plan on how you invest the money and she makes sure you do it since she's good at teaching and helping you, not ask for those kind of detail.

She's a good girl no doubt but you can't trust anyone with your money not even your parents.
Tell her you've given the money to your parents let's  how she reacts.

When it comes to money you'll know that humans are all sinners even pastors.

Don't ever ever do that.
She didn't make you pass, she was just an instrument God used.
You owe her your continous love and affection not money.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Wahala90: 1:12pm On Aug 01, 2013
This is my submission:
- Your girlfriend is stupid for making such a demand
- You are mad for coming here to ask whether to do or not
- Shell and NLNG are crazy for paying you such an amount of money
- Moderator is a poo for putting this in fronpage
- All that commented are jobless for posting on this kind of thread (Did I comment?)
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by claremont(m): 1:14pm On Aug 01, 2013
infoscope: You must be a proud brat.. As of now MTN foundation scholarship is the highest paying at 200,000 per session. NLNG is 100k and shell is 75k, so you need to tell me how you came up with such inflated figures. BTW you are not supposed to be in more than one scholarship. What's your full name?
Exactly!

This story doesn't hold water.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by optimusprime2(m): 1:15pm On Aug 01, 2013
Oh thats such a splendid Idea...
You could as well let her use your bolls as earings too, I mean whats the power without control??
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by nbright: 1:15pm On Aug 01, 2013
kevoh: She doesn't need atm pin to monitor your account if she's truly sincere, my email account receives alert from my bank whenever I withdraw or make a deposit get your bank to activate it for you and give her the email instead.
Never in your life should you give any one your atm pin even if you have only 2000 naira in your account.
I know my dad's atm pin, my mum and I have the same atm pin, my brother know my atm pin... To me I don't see the big deal in giving my pin to them, but when it comes to gf... That's a different ball game...
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by stylesco: 1:17pm On Aug 01, 2013
All of you advising this young man to give her his pin should go and give their lecturers and friends that helped them in school too.

Tommorow when the girl exhaust the money on hair,clothes,shoes and another guy, you'll be the first to insult the op.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 01, 2013
For the fact that she's been helping you all these years and if not because of her, you wouldn't be where you are now; simply trust her on financial issues as well but do it wisely as follows:-

1) If your money is N10,000, simply withdraw 4000 and keep it as security.
2) Leave 6000 in her trust, watch and pray.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Candybob(m): 1:23pm On Aug 01, 2013
ok let look at it this way, say she was the one who got the sch#, would you ask her for pin to help her monitor her spending? If you did what would be your motive? Can that motive be good her! If she wants a share, and you feel she deserve it go ahead.. But this request is highly suspicious!

Sometimes it baffles me why people want to jump down the roof unto another person arm, when they can simply climb down. Its a burden u place on her when give her ur pin, she now has to prove she is worth the trust, something she wouldnt have to do. So why does she want the burden? Highly Suspicious!!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by stylesco: 1:27pm On Aug 01, 2013
murimoney: why are some pple so dumb lyk dis? am sure most pple laying negative comments only read the hedline .
@ op lemme tell yhu dat 500k means nothing to her to her as u've discribed her from your post.it also sounds like u ar3 also Rusty wit spending&.
material girls only go for money, then spend the money on material things, she stood by u wen yhu are rusty. . angry

Who told you 500k means nothing to her and that she's not materialistic?
How would you know? Maybe she didnt have the opporyunity then now she does.
Are her parents Adenuga?
Wtf is wife material?
She's just a student with brains now she has seen
money.
If truly she isn't after the money she wouldn't have asked.

Op is she's still teaching you now?

Oya all my friends that are graduates today cause of me should start dropping their atm pin.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Wahala90: 1:27pm On Aug 01, 2013
nbright: I know my dad's atm pin, my mum and I have the same atm pin, my brother know my atm pin... To me I don't see the big deal in giving my pin to them, but when it comes to gf... That's a different ball game... Don't give her your atm pin or your atm card..

Means nothing if you all have about N400 each in your account. For example, this is my pin: 8880. My account balance is N280. Do your worse!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by uche13: 1:28pm On Aug 01, 2013
@ OP, sorry to say but it seems like your girlfriend is the one calling the shots in your relationship. I am looking at the bigger picture and not just because she asked for your pin. She sounds controlling and authoritative. You also seem to act like a sissy that your girlfriend has to help, push and motivate you to do things. There is entirely nothing wrong in that as women were created to be helpers and most successful men have good wives who encourage and motivate them into greatness. However, there is a limit.

I admire the fact that she is encouraging you towards investing and not squandering the scholarship money you would receive but that does not mean she should get your atm pin and monitor your spending. She should trust that you have a sensible head on your shoulders not to waste your money and I am sorry to say that if she does not trust you in that regard, then that is a bigger issue.

I am not against couples divulging their atm pins to each other (I have that of my fiance) but I never requested for it. However, I am totally against her reason for wanting your pin. So what would happen na? she would notice a withdrawal and maybe you would get a paper and pen and be asked to write down and account on every kobo spent. Nonsense!!!.

You really need to work on yourself. If your girlfriend cannot trust your sense of judgment then the relationship is headed for the rocks. This is because she would get tired of being the one pushing, encouraging and motivating you and understanding how intelligent she is, she would look for a man that would also bring out the best in her and lead her because every lady wants a man they can look upto in every aspect.

As for your girlfriend, that's the problem with some of we ladies. Not knowing where to draw the line. You can bring out the best in your partner without tampering with his ego and making it seem like he is being controlled.

By the way I don't buy into the nonsense of splitting the money with her. Yes be grateful for her help and buy her gifts or even give her some money but that is where it ends. Does it mean because an uncle helped me secure a job that I should start sharing my salary with him?. Wont I just thank him, buy a gift in appreciation and if he requires any financial assistance in the future and I can help, I would gladly oblige him?

Normal Nigerian mentality. I helped you secure a job or political appointment and you must then always do my bidding.

SMH!!!

8 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by scribble: 1:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
Symphony007: Hey guys. My girlfriend and i have been dating for a while and we are in the university.

She is a genius, i'm not dull but slightly lazy and rhusty in some courses.

Since we started dating. She took it upon herself to tutor me.

Forced me to go to night classes and read, supervise all my assignments. And surprisingly i improved greatly and i sat for NLNG and SHELL scholarship.

At the end shockingly. My name came out and today i am getting 300 thousand from LNG per session and 200,000 from shell. So plus the money i get from my parents.

My account is chilling but now my girlfriend is asking me to share all my financial data with her, from ATM pins to account details and investments.

It's really bothering me cause i don't think it's right but yet i don't want to seem ungrateful. My friends have told me not to try it.

Now i am not stingy, i buy her gifts and take her on expensive dinners. But why does she want those details and do you think i should trust her and give her?

Go and read Proverbs 31 about an industrious woman and then form an informed opinion. May God give u wisdom bro.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by bumtos(m): 1:30pm On Aug 01, 2013
If you allow her to know the details of everything you are doing even for now, you are in trouble I mean BiG trouble.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by ocelot2006(m): 1:30pm On Aug 01, 2013
Son, listen to me, and LISTEN good: DONT YOU EVER EVER EVER REVEAL YOUR FINANCIAL STATEMENT TO YOUR GIRLFRIEND! SHE IS NOT YOUR WIFE! Even wives don't ask for their husband's account statement. Is she mad?

I'm pretty sure the lady in question has an eye on your scholarship, but keep in mind that it is YOUR VERY OWN scholarship fund, not for your girlfriend. Ir you as much as even give her the bank name, then pls consider yourself a sissy and swap out your balls for a vagina. Nonesense.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by tareigns(m): 1:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
freecocoa: OP normally I'd say don't try that at all but then given your story and how much she has helped put you on the right track, sounds like she is a good girl with a good head on her shoulder so I say...

Are you sure she's not asking for all that cos you are a reckless spender?

She's your girl and you should know the kind of person she is, if she's not the kind of girl who cares so much about your welfare(which isn't what your story indicates)then run very far from her but if she is, then look for a way to reach a compromise. Its very important that you understand why she asked for all that before concluding.

COMON SHARRAAP. I KNEW IT.... U R A GIRL.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by kzokul(m): 1:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
sexkillz: You've been an obedient puppy from get go. Are you refusing to obey this time around because money is involved? You smelt money and suddenly remembered you have balls?

You allowed her run your life happily. You have never complained about her nor the sacrifices she has done and undergone for you. How many girls will teach and encourage a boy these days? Stand by him and make sure he takes his books seriously? Nudge him to apply for an exam, and coach him to success? Those are the qualities of a wife. It's a pity and a shame that you have chosen to look at the financial aspect alone.

A person who is grateful will share that money into 2 and give her half, just to show appreciation. Count how many blessings that have come to you because she was there. Now she is bad because money is coming your way.

Shame on you my brother, shame on you.

Some people do not know what they have, until it's taken away from them. In few years to come, you'll be looking for a "wife material".

How many present day wives have the interests of their husbands at heart like this girl does?

Smh.

Bro u sound as if u don't knw d spirit of money in a girl's life...its true she actually showed d qualities of not jez a wife but a rare one @ dat...she may av done all dat..yes but believe u me wen she hass access 2 his money,bank details and atm pin he will come back 2 nairaland crying out his life dat his fiancee has killed him.....if they were married dts wen ur opinion would have made a whole lot of sense not when they r still girl/boy friending theirself.....
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by ocelot2006(m): 1:37pm On Aug 01, 2013
Symphony007: One of the reason she gave for wanting the details is that she wants to monitor how i spend the money and advice me on how to invest the money for future purposes. Because after graduation. Jobs won't be waiting with open arms so i need some money to hold on to. It sounds sensible and caring but i'm still skeptical.

BULLSHYTE!! DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR BANK DETAILS! SHE IS NOT YOUR WIFE!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Orikinla(m): 1:38pm On Aug 01, 2013
[size=28pt]She be witch?[/size]
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by imauri: 1:42pm On Aug 01, 2013
foolish boy... SHE WANTS TO MONITOR UR SPENDING AND ADVICE U ON INVESTMENT! OBVIOUSLY UR BLINDED BY SEEMING LOVE . SO U OBVIOUSLY REFUSE TO READ ALL THAT HAS BEEN WRITTEN HERE... there is no point advicing u then...
Symphony007: One of the reason she gave for wanting the details is that she wants to monitor how i spend the money and advice me on how to invest the money for future purposes. Because after graduation. Jobs won't be waiting with open arms so i need some money to hold on to. It sounds sensible and caring but i'm still skeptical.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by 007James: 1:43pm On Aug 01, 2013
Symphony007: Hey guys. My girlfriend and i have been dating for a while and we are in the university.

Forced me to go to night classes and read, supervise all my assignments. And surprisingly i improved greatly and i sat for NLNG and SHELL scholarship.

At the end shockingly. My name came out and today i am getting 300 thousand from LNG per session and 200,000 from shell. So plus the money i get from my parents.

My account is chilling but now my girlfriend is asking me to share all my financial data with her, from ATM pins to account details and investments.

It's really bothering me cause i don't think it's right but yet i don't want to seem ungrateful. My friends have told me not to try it.

Now i am not stingy, i buy her gifts and take her on expensive dinners. But why does she want those details and do you think i should trust her and give her?
my broda,d

my broda,d

my broda,ders a saying that says a woman can only make u a millionaire if u r a billionaire,since u never even reach millionaire I wonder wetin u go bcome
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:45pm On Aug 01, 2013
I DON'T like that idea of his GF asking for his personal account details even if her concerns are sincere. Some things should be left private for the owner.

If I were your GF, I won't even be bothered as to how you spend your money; all I'll do is to sound it in your ears to save as much as you can and invest as well.

I'm not too comfortable with the idea of you giving out your PIN and PASSWORD.

Whatever rocks your boat!

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by bigtt76(f): 1:45pm On Aug 01, 2013
You trusted her enough to be tutored by her which you confessed helped you attain success and scholarships, why are you now not trusting her to help manage your finances?

She may not want to hurt your feelings by rejecting your expensive gifts and dinners which may be the reason why she wants your financial details. Just to make sure that you don't spend on frivolous things.

If she wanted to 'chop' your money as you think, she would not stick with you, if she's brilliant enough to have tutored you through success, I must assume that she's also worth getting those same scholarships you got if she were eligible.

Stop that crap and let this girl change your life. Not many girls in our universities today care much as per their pwn academics not to talk of 'tutoring' a BOY!!

Guy think straight.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by flexshop(m): 1:47pm On Aug 01, 2013
Hahahahahahahahahahaha,
See advice, share your money with her, give her atm pin, give her bank details, she is an angel, she is the best thing since sliced bread..... Even if my mother demands for my atm pin, hell no.
Poster, you will soon learn from the school of hardknocks that this is Nigeria. Sexkills advice got me laughing out so loud.
@OP, use your brain,its not in your skull for fancy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

400 Gays To Be 'Cured' Of Homosexuality In Ghana / What Do Guys Admire In A Lady? / How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.