Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,691 members, 7,813,285 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? (33635 Views)

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? / Why Do Africans Hate Gay People So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by nnadychuks(m): 5:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
D Lioness: Foolish man. No doubt he is a gay hmslf.
abeg u and pope who foolish pass

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by judano: 5:31pm On Jul 29, 2013
Of course he can't judge them. The bible commands us not to judge so we are not judged. His statement in no way endorses homosexuality. He understands that the homosexuals are faced with issues that are beyond them and suggests that the grace of God is powerful enough to save them if they seek him, regardless of their lifestyle.

6 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
U are very stupid! What do u hv to say about ur pastors and anglicans that wed them? We brought it and una carry am for head abi? Idiot
marious: Shey be na dem catholics bring Gay and Lesbian come this world so Pope no fit Judge them na..... abeg I no get time for topics like dis jareee sad
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
sanniemoe:

Sharrrrap there.. Shut your bucal cavity
Dry....

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Noblechyk: 5:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
Sijo01: If he actually said this, he is helding to joining gay couples in his church soonest.
You read him well. I will the African Catholic community will learn from their Anglican counterparts when the Vatican will finally legalize same sex marriage
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Chrixtopha(m): 5:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
My dear,that's the truth and no two ways about it and now am begining to understand those rumours behind the retirement of pope Benedict xvi

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by greedie1(f): 5:38pm On Jul 29, 2013
its catholic , ofcourse they will condemn it but like my brother in christ wrote, THE GATES OF HELL WILL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST THE CHURCH!!!!!

being gay is despicable and committing adultery, fornication isnt?? i laugh at u all, end time christians.

preach on Pope Francis
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by SPEED5: 5:38pm On Jul 29, 2013
mascot87: I am very sure most nairalanders would misinterpret what the pope is trying to insinuate cos of lack of wisdom understanding his simple statement.Already I am seeing some bigoted illiterates making statements that makes me wonder why some ignoramus bigocony continue to reason with there nose rather than calming down, digest and think deeply on what the Pope is trying to say using there brains. angry
Most people would make silly statements just because they don't believe in the ideology of the Catholic church.Most people are hardcore Religiolistic and tribalistic in nature.
. What is ur point? He should call a spade a spade. It is clear what he is saying. He just gave gay people the right hand of Fellowship
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Smayee: 5:38pm On Jul 29, 2013
We shuld a plain in our coment and Godly. D reason God sent us{human} is d represent him n do his good work which will differienciate us frm satan. According to islamic teaches wen u say ur fellow human goin astray n u decide 2 ignore u r as guilty as him.. Pope shuld condemn sodomy becus he read bible n saw what God done 2d generation dat practise sodomy. We have to judge people by what God revealed to us becus dat why we represent him on earth.
Above all was d former pope wrong or he dnt undastnd what d bible said?
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by ocelot2006(m): 5:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
Indifferent: I'm a catholic but someone should tell pope to shut up.
I go soon carry vex join mountain of high tension. Oku!

The Pope is right on this one. He never said that homosexuality is not a sin, but that we should NOT JuDGe. Isn't that what's written in tge bible? And have you forgotten the 2nd golden commandment: LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF? It sure as hell didn't say love your born-again Christian neighbour only.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by lacum: 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
35000tons: Dear Pope,

Nobody is asking you to judge gays...you are only expected to point out their errors (using the bible as a guide) and show them the way of the LORD.

As someone said earlier,''The Vatican has lost it.'' The question now is, when do we start having gay priests and bishops?
my brother, listen and learn
you will never have gay people being odained priests or bishops because d former pope benedict have signed it into law:
Benedict XVI,
signed a document in 2005 that said
men with deep-rooted homosexual
tendencies should not be priests.
and pope francis is not in support of gay marriage but stating what d church teaches. d gay people are humanbeings and must be respected but d church sympatizes with them in their situation if they were born that way which we believe is a disorder
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by MitchDLeo(m): 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
You all see being Gay as a Sin therefore if any of you has not committed a Sin in His or Her life i Condemn you to reply to this Post.

Who are We to Judge Them. Yet we are living in country filled with Kidnappers, Armed robbers, Thiefs, Herbalist, Ritualist, Thiefs, Corrupt Leaders. Pls Don't make Laugh. If I was the Pope and I was reading all I read today on this matter I'll be laughing, piting this country, that wants to Encourage Child Marriage.
You can Judge the pope and the Gay if you want. But don't forget to ask yurself's am I INNOCENT of SIN
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2013

I have a lesbian friend. She's kind, friendly and *gasp* normal!
And I should hate her for no reason?

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by lacum: 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
35000tons: Dear Pope,

Nobody is asking you to judge gays...you are only expected to point out their errors (using the bible as a guide) and show them the way of the LORD.

As someone said earlier,''The Vatican has lost it.'' The question now is, when do we start having gay priests and bishops?
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Okeikpu(m): 5:42pm On Jul 29, 2013
Pope Francis is doing a great job.. Catholic church is losing a lot of customers these days.. Its all about business... If Brazilians were not Catholic nation, u wont see any Pope there. Pope was elected to fix the economy of Catholic c. So no big deal abt the gay stuff.....
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 29, 2013
For you homos out there, the pope isn't supporting homos. He is only trying to make it clear that the church is willing to accept them provided they repent and have the desire of doing God's will.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by SPEED5: 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2013
judano: Of course he can't judge them. The bible commands us not to judge so we are not judged. His statement in no way endorses homosexuality. He understands that the homosexuals are faced with issues that are beyond them and suggests that the grace of God is powerful enough to save them if they seek him, regardless of their lifestyle.
. There is no point for him to speak in un straight words. His stand is meant to be clear. His coment simply shows his acceptance of GAY
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by ocelot2006(m): 5:44pm On Jul 29, 2013
SPEED5: . What is ur point? He should call a spade a spade. It is clear what he is saying. He just gave gay people the right hand of Fellowship

No he didn't. Read the damn statement again. He basically said DO NOT JUDGE. Is that against the teaching of the bible that said the very same thing else you will be judged?
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
Cori_corde:
I have a lesbian friend. She's kind, friendly and *gasp* normal!
And I should hate her for no reason?

+1million likes

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
SPEED5: . There is no point for him to speak in un straight words. His stand is meant to be clear. His coment simply shows his acceptance of GAY

You must be dreaming for that day to come. Catholic church has always accept gay that are willing to change their way or work toward it. The media and homos like you are trying to change it to suit your own propaganda. You better wake up before you're lost.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by goldenval(m): 5:46pm On Jul 29, 2013
smiley
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 29, 2013
undecided undecided Pls can some1 get this nigga somtin 2 eat?
trolling: you are devils incarnate....you are the Abominaton of desolation that sits on the side of the North,you are the one that looks like a lamb and speaks as a dragon,you are the one with two horns
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
donedy: For you homos out there, the pope isn't supporting homos. He is only trying to make it clear that the church is willing to accept them provided they repent and have the desire of doing God's will.

Repent from?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by dokson(m): 5:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
The stand of the holy pope is crystal clear ''who am i to judge gay people''. The bible says don not judge, please put aside all forms of myopic and subjective reasonning and analyse the statement of the pope thougrougly b4 any conclusion.gay people r human being however one day they may seek the face of GOD and will be pardoned. PLS DO NOT JUDGE ANYBOY.when the women that was caught in adultry was brought to jesus, he simply asked them a question that he/she who have never commited any sin should be the first to throw a stone at the woman. what happens ? they people begin to leave one after the other starting from the eldest.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by ocelot2006(m): 5:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
SPEED5: . There is no point for him to speak in un straight words. His stand is meant to be clear. His coment simply shows his acceptance of GAY

Good Lord, pls spare us from moronic posts like this...
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
All the gays here on Nairaland are trying to twist what the pope say to mean he support homosexuality. You're guy must be deluded. The pope alone doesn't have to power to declare it.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by SPEED5: 5:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
ocelot2006:

The Pope is right on this one. He never said that homosexuality is not a sin, but that we should NOT JuDGe. Isn't that what's written in tge bible? And have you forgotten the 2nd golden commandment: LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF? It sure as hell didn't say love your born-again Christian neighbour only.
. THE BIBLE INSTRUCTS THAT D PEOPLE WITH SUCH SINS SHOULD BE EXCOMUNICATED
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Blaisec: 5:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
and y'al forgot the adulterous woman,MARY MAGDALENE; ''let he who is witout sin be the first to throw a stone at this woman''

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by MitchDLeo(m): 5:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
Just the same way yu [b]accepted Corruption (Prostitution, Kidnapping, Fraud, Thiefs) In Your Country I Presume[/b]. Do you want me to Continue? Dont blame it on the Government, because a Country is not made of its Government but of its People I rather accept Gay friends than Thiefs, Prostitutes, 419s e.t.c.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by lacum: 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2013
Okeikpu: Pope Francis is doing a great job.. Catholic church is losing a lot of customers these days.. Its all about business... If Brazilians were not Catholic nation, u wont see any Pope there. Pope was elected to fix the economy of Catholic c. So no big deal abt the gay stuff.....
what are u saying
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by nonen(m): 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2013
The Bible’s Viewpoint

Is Homosexuality Ever Justifiable?

THE practice of homosexuality continues to gain acceptance in many lands. A group in one church in the United States is calling for a reinterpretation of what the Bible says about homosexuality in light of “contemporary wisdom.” A pastor in Brazil who recently entered into a same-sex marriage also encouraged “taking a fresh look at the Bible,” so as to allow for his church’s contemporary view.

On the other hand, those who do not approve of homosexual acts are often tagged as homophobic or prejudiced. What does the Bible really say about homosexuality?

What Does the Bible Say?

The Bible does not promote prejudice against people. However, its view of homosexual acts is clear.

“You must not lie down with a male the same as you lie down with a woman. It is a detestable thing.”—Leviticus 18:22.

As part of the Mosaic Law, this prohibition was one of many moral laws given specifically to the nation of Israel. Even so, the commandment expresses God’s view of homosexual acts, whether by Jews or non-Jews, when it says: “It is a detestable thing.” The nations around Israel practiced homosexuality, incest, adultery, and other acts prohibited by the Law. Therefore, God viewed those nations as unclean. (Leviticus 18:24, 25) Did the Bible’s viewpoint change during the Christian era? Consider the following scripture:

“God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene.”—Romans 1:26, 27.

Why does the Bible describe homosexual acts as unnatural and obscene? Because they involve sexual activity that was not intended by our Creator. Homosexual acts cannot produce offspring. The Bible compares homosexual activity to the sexual relations that rebellious angels, who came to be known as demons, had with women before the Deluge of Noah’s day. (Genesis 6:4; 19:4, 5; Jude 6, 7) God views both acts as unnatural.

Factors That Justify Homosexuality?

Some may wonder, ‘Would genetics, environment, or traumatic life experiences, such as sexual abuse, justify one’s giving in to homosexual desires?’ No, they would not. Consider this example: A person may have what some scientists consider to be hereditary tendencies toward alcohol abuse, or he may have been raised in a family where alcohol abuse was commonplace. Certainly, most people would be empathetic toward a person in such circumstances. All the same, by no means would he be encouraged to continue abusing alcohol or to give up his fight against alcohol abuse just because he may have been born with the tendency or he was raised in such an environment.

Likewise, while the Bible does not condemn those who struggle with homosexual tendencies, it in no way condones giving in to those tendencies, whether they are the result of genetics or they stem from some other source. (Romans 7:21-25; 1 Corinthians 9:27) Instead, the Bible offers practical assistance and encouragement to help individuals to win the fight against homosexual practices.

What Is God’s Will for People With Homosexual Desires?[/b]

The Bible assures us that God’s will is that “all sorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth.” (1 Timothy 2:4) Though the Bible disapproves of homosexual acts, it does not encourage hatred of homosexuals.

God’s view of homosexuality cannot be watered down. At 1 Corinthians 6:9, 10, the Bible clearly states that “men who lie with men” are included in those who “will not inherit God’s kingdom.” But verse 11 adds the comforting thought: “And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean, but you have been sanctified, but you have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.”

Clearly, those who sincerely desired to worship God on his terms were warmly welcomed into the early Christian congregation. The same is true today for all honesthearted ones who seek God’s approval—not by reinterpreting the Bible—but by bringing their lives into harmony with it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Demonic Covenant Associated With Visa Lottery / Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement / Some Funny Memes That Tell Bible Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.