Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,036 members, 7,814,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos (60003 Views)

Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki / Fashola Replies GEJ. "Spend 5 Days In Chibok And You'll Know What Bondage Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by wirinet(m): 11:08pm On Aug 01, 2013
ilugunboy:

Now you are talking!! Go to court ...very fast

While at that...they should provide a proven place of residence and last place of work in their court filling papers.

yes, in a sane country you sue anybody or institution who denies your liberty illegally.

There is no law in Nigeria that prescribes detention and forceful deportation as a punishment for joblessness and homelessness and if there were, the person would be convicted and punished by the courts and not a governor.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Demswear4u: 11:09pm On Aug 01, 2013
dayokanu: [size=13pt]If Governor Peter Chipmunk AdaOBI had located his mall in Anambra or anywhere in the SE, Maybe that would have employed those destitutes who are flooding to Lagos[/size]
So it is a crime for Nigerians to invest in other parts of Nigeria where their culture is not dominant one?
Okay o.
I hope the obstinate igbos who like investing outside their homeland are using their tongues to count their teeth.
As they say,once beaten,twice shy.
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 01, 2013
ACM10:

Let's not bring Ngige into this feud. He is a true Igbo that has the interest of his kinsmen at heart. He did far more than Peter Obi. We are debating on Fashola's deportation of his fellow Nigerians and his use of the term "host state" as if Igbos are refugees in Nigeria. He went ahead to issue a veiled threat, by giving an indication that he is ready to escalate the feud by targeting and possibly their means of livelihood. Finally he decided to make a political meal out of the stuff by bringing in Anambra upcoming gubernatorial election. Fashola will trigger a chain reaction that will consume him an his kinsmen if he continues like this. This is what happens when ultra-nationalists are in power. Remember Milosevic! Fashola should learn from him. Hope he applies his common sense.

Guess what? Your own kinsmen will be immune from your so-called "chain-reaction" abi?

When you people are ready to think rationality and not beclouded by sheer emotion...you will realize who get to lose more in the blood you are asking for...
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by soma042(m): 11:10pm On Aug 01, 2013
ilugunboy:

Did Hausa flood the whole nation with all these childish complaints...? Did SS decide to make an issue out of it.....

Let them complain....

For now..it's only Ibos that are calling for blood...and we shall give them a sea of it when the push materials into a shove.
Typical Yoruba blood in action shocked shocked when time reach you go v()()()()()()()()()()()()()()m tongue tongue
You think Fashola don't have his own people?
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 01, 2013
ACM10:

Let's not bring Ngige into this feud. He is a true Igbo that has the interest of his kinsmen at heart. He did far more than Peter Obi. We are debating on Fashola's deportation of his fellow Nigerians and his use of the term "host state" as if Igbos are refugees in Nigeria. He went ahead to issue a veiled threat, by giving an indication that he is ready to escalate the feud by targeting and possibly their means of livelihood. Finally he decided to make a political meal out of the stuff by bringing in Anambra upcoming gubernatorial election. Fashola will trigger a chain reaction that will consume him an his kinsmen if he continues like this. This is what happens when ultra-nationalists are in power. Remember Milosevic! Fashola should learn from him. Hope he applies his common sense.

Nwannem, that Fashola used the term 'Host State' does not necessarily imply that he meant Igbos are refugees. I also do not see any threats in his response. No one needs to be told that an all out war would be very bloody and destructive.
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by ACM10: 11:12pm On Aug 01, 2013
baby_123:

Are igbo's the first and only people returned Igbo's on NL can cry more than the bereaved sha. Did he say anything wrong

Igbos are not the first to be deported is enough reason to support Fashola's action. Why do you guys reason with your emotions?

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by ballabriggs: 11:15pm On Aug 01, 2013
ACM10:

Igbos are not the first to be deported is enough reason to support Fashola's action. Why do you guys reason with your emotions?

Why then have you hate mongers used this as an avenue to further your neo-fascist agenda? Like Obi, you all have crudely jumped on it and termed it "war against Igbo's".

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 01, 2013
wirinet:

yes, in a sane country you sue anybody or institution who denies your liberty illegally.

There is no law in Nigeria that prescribes detention and forceful deportation as a punishment for joblessness and homelessness and if there were, the person would be convicted and punished by the courts and not a governor.

You called it deportation...we called it family reunion...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by plaindealer: 11:16pm On Aug 01, 2013
ACM10:

Still waiting to see the same outrage against akpabio for deporting Lagosians.

You people can fake your outrage as much as you want, but its still hate, tribalism and bad bele.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by tomakint: 11:17pm On Aug 01, 2013
kettykin:

you knew it was political season and you decided to make this gaffe there by spoiling Ngige's chances over less fancied candidates.

@Ngige , you had better jump ship before it is late
What you stated up here is what we called "Asise nla" In Yoruba language or "big blunder" on the part of Fashola especially towards Ngige's chance in their new Agbero Party of Crooks (APC)!
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Positiveminds(m): 11:18pm On Aug 01, 2013
All this people that buy SAN with money. And this , and that.. SMH

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 01, 2013
tomakint:
What you stated up here is what we call "Asise nla" In Yoruba language or "big blunder" on the part of Fashola especially towards Ngige's chance in their new Agbero Party of Crooks (APC)!

You can use it to blackmail Ngige as much as you like....you all will suffer the consequences of voting the wrong candidate just to spite APC...

Only problem is ...more destitute from the east will flood Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by patpeypey: 11:24pm On Aug 01, 2013
I was so sad when I heard about the deportation/ relocation of some igbos to Anambra. I feel its totally unconstitutional what he did. If Fashola's hands were clean why did he bring them under the cover of darkness? If he was relocating them back to their families, where is the missing person report? Totallly unacceptable!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by tomakint: 11:24pm On Aug 01, 2013
ilugunboy:

You can use it to blackmail Ngige as much as you like....you all will suffer the consequences of voting the wrong candidate just to spite APC...

At your age, I am ashamed of you for the mere fact that YOU are part of those who believed APC is the Need of the hour in Nigerian politics!
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by ballabriggs: 11:25pm On Aug 01, 2013
ilugunboy:

GBAM!!! They vote out of sentiments and greed for hopeless leaders and when these leaders do nothing to better their lives, they pass the burden to Fashola.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 01, 2013
And who said farshola isn't a bitter coward?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Decryptor(m): 11:26pm On Aug 01, 2013
And some of the evidence was when one sees
two adults kissing on television, it tells you that
something is afoot.
I tried to comprehend the whole bladderdash this man was spewing and could not...but what really caught my attention is the bolded! To think this rubbish came out of the mouth of a governor?? Now i know "these peoples'" brain is synonymous to that dark brown yam flour meal they eat with ewedu soup. SMH!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by IYANGBALI: 11:26pm On Aug 01, 2013
1oracle:
Fashola did you call Obi before you deported the Igbos? Yes/No?
must he call obi before takn action in a state he governs?abeg park well jo
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by ballabriggs: 11:28pm On Aug 01, 2013
While Peter AdaObi the first Nigerian female governor, has written 3 petitions in the last 3 days, Fashola has commissioned projects within the same time.

Perhaps Adaobi will spend more time solving problems instead of moaning and looking for who to push his failure on.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by wirinet(m): 11:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
ilugunboy:

One question, which tribe constitute the highest percentage of destitutes on lagos streets? Hausa, Yoruba or Igbos. It is obvious that the bulk of the destitute are Yorubas and Hausas. Why is fashola not reconciling yoruba to Ile-Ife and hausas to kano? Why specifically pick on the igbos?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by chaloner(m): 11:30pm On Aug 01, 2013
1oracle:
With the deportation of Nigerians from Lagos to Onitsha by midnight Governor Fashola and those fools supporting this action are already manifesting a Nigeria of their dreams.
One Nigeria is a project that will never work. Enough of this deceit.
I will always respect google because google knows everything, if you doubt me just type "yorubas are" in a google search box, come back and tell me what you see. grin grin grin grin
saw this Yorubas Are The Problem With Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by ACM10: 11:30pm On Aug 01, 2013
EUROBOMBER:

Nwannem, that Fashola used the term 'Host State' does not necessarily imply that he meant Igbos are refugees. I also do not see any threats in his response. No one needs to be told that an all out war would be very bloody and destructive.

Alright, permit me to recap Fashola's response. He started by reminding Igbos that we have large population in Lagos markets. . .
“I think that there are large Igbo community in the state. And their presence is evident in Alaba with the Alaba International Market and the ASPAMDA market.

Then comes his veiled threat. . .
“There is too much at stake for anyone to begin to insight the Igbo community against their host state. There is too much at stake here. It is a very dangerous and unwarranted precedent. And I hope that common sense will prevail here. Also for those who are praying for blood should know that there is too much at risk here.”

I think he had Ladipo market leadership crisis in mind when he used "incite".

But before that, he brought in a totally unrelated topic of Anambra upcoming gubernatorial election. . .
“This is a political season and Anambra will be up for contest. And in a political season, unusual things happen and perhaps we are living in an interesting time.

He also said this. . .
And it is really important to say that our hospitality in Lagos state is legendary. And it is a global legend that the people of Lagos state are hospitable people. And so is the present government of the state and previous administration”.
I really can't figure out why he made that comment. Maybe he is telling us that other parts of Nigeria are hostile and inhospitable

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by IYANGBALI: 11:30pm On Aug 01, 2013
ilugunboy:

You called it deportation...we called it family reunion...
in that case tell your people to shut the fok up
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Mogidi: 11:30pm On Aug 01, 2013
I think Fashola has finally allowed his neck cancer to eat into his brain.

Watch him closely on TV you will notice him fluffing and foaming in the mouth.

Try listening to him on radio and he always sound like he has Tinubu's deek in his mouth.

And yet some people think Fashola will be running mate to Buhari.....laugh wan kill me.

Fashola by this act will end up like Awolowo. He will never smell national power.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 01, 2013
ilugunboy:

Guess what? Your own kinsmen will be immured from your so-called "chain-reaction" abi?

When you people are ready to think rationality and not beclouded by sheer emotion...you will realize who get to lose more in the blood you are asking for...

The truly wise man will drop on his knees and pray that there should be no war again in Nigeria because there will be major battles for the control of Abuja & lagos.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 01, 2013
There is too much at stake for anyone to begin to incite the Igbo community against their host state. There is too much at stake here. It is a very dangerous and unwarranted precedent. And I hope that common sense will prevail here. Also for those who are praying for blood should know that there is too much at risk here

What's there to add again? Fasola said it all.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Humphreydis(m): 11:32pm On Aug 01, 2013
Rochas Okorocha tnk u for joning d muslim party (APC)....now e don dey clear 4 ur eye abi.....
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by inosend: 11:33pm On Aug 01, 2013
*Accidentally stumblels on thread. Looks over shoulders and picks race, usain bolt style*
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Spirit1(m): 11:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
The problem with this precedence is that unless this is taken up with the courts to determine the constitutionality or lack thereof of Fashola's action, we will see more of this across the country. Fashola seem to be reminding Igbo's that they are visitors in their own contry, just because they are not of Yoruba decent. He started this and what ever this becomes, he will have himself to blame. Igbo's have helped to develope Lagos to what it is today, this is undeniable. I have lost respect for Governor Fashola because of this ill-thought action. I agree with him that a lot is at stake here; but he started this. This is reprehensible!!
ACM10:

Alright, permit me to recap Fashola's response. He started by reminding Igbos that we have large population in Lagos markets. . .

Then comes his veiled threat. . .

I think he has Ladipo market leadership crisis in mind when he used "incite".

But before the, he brought in a totally unrelated topic of Anambra upcoming gubernatorial election. . .

He also said this. . .

I really can't figure out why he made that comment. Maybe he is telling us that other parts of Nigeria is hostile
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 01, 2013
wirinet:

One question, which tribe constitute the highest percentage of destitutes on lagos streets? Hausa, Yoruba or Igbos. It is obvious that the bulk of the destitute are Yorubas and Hausas. Why is fashola not reconciling yoruba to Ile-Ife and hausas to kano? Why specifically pick on the igbos?

You must have been blind all this while then....

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by victorazy(m): 11:36pm On Aug 01, 2013
ilugunboy: Let them keep braying for blood.....they will get ocean full of it....

Ibos and the seas are strangers.....we will make them them swim in the sea.

Oke ogwe. Wetin u dey chop sleep kwanu?
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by AnanseK(m): 11:36pm On Aug 01, 2013
@OP
" .....there is too much at stake for anyone to begin to INSIGHT the Igbo community against their hos state "

The word is "INCITE" please. "Insight " is a totally different word. : All these illiterate journalists. They annoy me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Faces Of The Officers That Allegedly Mismanaged, Diverted And Looted $2.1b / Ganduje Deploys Security Men To Emir Sanusi's Palace / Oshiomhole Increases Minimum Wage To N25,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.