Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,707 members, 7,831,213 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? (49983 Views)

Install Carbonrom Android 4.4.4 Kitkat On Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 [APP2SD] / Rooting Samsung Grand Duos / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by LordReed(m): 1:42pm On Aug 15, 2013
A9 dual core which is verymuch faster than a cortex A7 quad-core

Misinformation. Benchmarks and real-world-use has an MT6589 equipped phone outperforming the Grand Duos.
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by ochukoccna: 2:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
Not again undecided undecided
Another Tecno vs Samsung thread angry angry
This Tecno users just do die easy sha grin grin

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
Nigerias got talent
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Philipmems(m): 2:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
hmmmmm ... What processor does Nokia 3310 run on then... because back then mine could make fast calls.... grin grin grin
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by krugar07(m): 2:42pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hotdiamond: the a+ uses dragontrail glass. it will not scrtch easily.
eze ashi

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Philipmems(m): 2:43pm On Aug 15, 2013
just to say Samsung Grand Duos is 53k just bought one today

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by physise(m): 2:44pm On Aug 15, 2013
Philipmems: just to say Samsung Grand Duos is 53k just bought one today
bought mine 49k@omegatron

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by slinkman(m): 2:45pm On Aug 15, 2013
krugar07: lair
no mind am ... no be only dragon tail....
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by slinkman(m): 2:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
Philipmems: hmmmmm ... What processor does Nokia 3310 run on then... because back then mine could make fast calls.... grin grin grin
are u dis STUP|D??
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Philipmems(m): 2:47pm On Aug 15, 2013
slinkman: are u dis STUP|D??
u are such a waste of sp.er.m

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by opestein: 2:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
krugar07: lair
he was only kidding
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
As far as when there is an update 4 andriod, tecno does nt get it makes the samsung better

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Elgaxton(m): 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2013
Please can you guys help with pictures? Thank you
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by leke12(m): 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
Am voting for phatom A+ as d right phone, considering any downloaded games will be directly on ur memory card which is unlike most android phones..

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by slinkman(m): 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
leke12: Am voting for phatom A+ as d right phone, considering any downloaded games will be directly on ur memory card which is unlike most android phones..
u are new to android i guess...

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
I will go with Phantom A+

Phatom is cute, and slimmer, unlike the duos with those ugly curvy edges...

Don't be f00led with updates.. There is really nothing to update aside the custom ROM..

Just to educate some peeps here, the fact that you use an android 2.1 samsung doesn't mean you are allowed to update to 4.3 and every other new versions.. Dont be deceive..

The highest update a 2.2 android can get is 2.3! of which there is no noticeable difference between these two!

Your samsung gingerbread will always be gingerbread.. You can't update any rubbish beyond gingerbread..

For the guy shouting 4k brand difference..Don't be a liar!

As at this minute. Jumia sells Phantom A+ for N35,495
www./Phantom-A%2B(White)-65815.html

And the duos sells between N49,000 - 53,000.

That is about N15,000 difference between the two phones...

For those condemning the screen of Phantom! Liars you are!

Both phones will scratch at the same speed..
Same material.. No gorilla-screen for both!

Its left for you to choose what you want..
Goodluck..

15 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hotdiamond: the a+ uses dragontrail glass. it will not scrtch easily.
na wa o! Which one be dragon tail? How does it compete with gorrilla glass?
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by networkgenuis: 3:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
I'd go for the Grand Duos.
There are more to a device than just the number of cores a processor has.
The Grand parades an A9 Cortex processor clocked at 1.2Ghz same as A+(though Quad and of older technology ).

Think about the hardware optimising softwares that Samsumg deploy in the stock ROM of their devices(touchwiz etc) which is clearly lacking in Techno phones.

Think about the updates. I won't be changing phones any time I want to experience a new release of Android OS.

Think about the support at xda and Samsung.

Think about the availability of parts and accessories.

Think about durability. The Grand Duos hardly scratch. Same can't be said of phantom.

Second hand value nko ?
The list is endless.
Techno is a good budget phone, it shouldn't be compared with other high end brands.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
networkgenuis: I'd go for the Grand Duos.
There are more to a device than just the number of cores a processor has.
The Grand parades an A9 Cortex processor clocked at 1.2Ghz same as A+(though Quad and of older technology ).

Think about the hardware optimising softwares that Samsumg deploy in the stock ROM of their devices(touchwiz etc) which is clearly lacking in Techno phones.

Think about the updates. I won't be changing phones any time I want to experience a new release of Android OS.

Think about the support at xda and Samsung.

Think about the availability of parts and accessories.

Think about durability. The Grand Duos hardly scratch. Same can't be said of phantom.

Second hand value nko ?
The list is endless.
Techno is a good budget phone, it shouldn't be compared with other high end brands.

Guy, dont be confused... I have been using Android for over two years and this Xperia Shakira that I use, I upgraded to 2.3, which is not allowed using the Sony ROM Upgrade service... I had to use custom roms from XDA... and with it, I did many tweaks using my 16GB SD Card.

If you guys out there want to enjoy ur Techno, find a good guy like me grin grin grin that has the time + techno phone and look for a very stable custom rom for that phone. I have seen the phone but the rom is too way out of it. Save the firmware and the rom and have a little tweaks be done on it by testing it with several custom roms and get the best experience out of it.

Mind you, with the custom rom that I use (GingerDX), I get updates from the guy whenever it is available and its like the same thing you get from Sony or Samsung...

If you know the way, you dont need anything from those guys... How I wish the techno get gorilla glass... embarassed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2013
acidosis™:
I will go with Phantom A+

Phatom is cute, and slimmer, unlike the duos with those ugly curvy edges...

Don't be f00led with updates.. There is really nothing to update aside the custom ROM..

Just to educate some peeps here, the fact that you use an android 2.1 samsung doesn't mean you are allowed to update to 4.3 and every other new versions.. Dont be deceive..

The highest update a 2.2 android can get is 2.3! of which there is no noticeable difference between these two!

Your samsung gingerbread will always be gingerbread.. You can't update any rubbish beyond gingerbread..

For the guy shouting 4k brand difference..Don't be a liar!

As at this minute. Jumia sells Phantom A+ for N35,495
www./Phantom-A%2B(White)-65815.html

And the duos sells between N49,000 - 53,000.

That is about N15,000 difference between the two phones...

For those condemning the screen of Phantom! Liars you are!

Both phones will scratch at the same speed..
Same material.. No gorilla-screen for both!

Its left for you to choose what you want..
Goodluck..
just so yu know galaxy s2 started wiv 2.3 and now it's on 4.1 expecting 4.2 to be released anytime soon, so stop misinforming people! undecided

5 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Stormborn: 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2013
Team Tecno click LIKE

26 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Stormborn: 4:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
Team Samsung click LIKE

28 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by opestein: 4:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
veektorh:
just so yu know galaxy s2 started wiv 2.3 and now it's on 4.1 expecting 4.2 to be released anytime soon, so stop misinforming people! undecided
tell him
2.3 - 4.0.3/4.0.4 - 4.1.2 - 4.2.2(upcoming)

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
I got the Galaxy Grand, its cheap just 50K from slot and I use the Z10 hotspot to put the Grand and my tablet online, I later figured out that the Grand has Wireless Hotspot today. Its a beautiful piece of technology. I think Techno phones are for low end people, cos their prices are just too cheap for me to be seen with one.

9 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by stevebond007(m): 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
typing ds from my techno phantom'
techno for life
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
i dont even know you people always feel the need to justify yourselves for buying tecno

its no big deal...... yeah u bought it, it works.. end of story.

why must u compare it to samsung? do u wake up every morning to compare your deek size with the neighbour's?

daewoo racer and rolls royce do the same functions. move you from one end to the other.....

daewoo is a fraction of the rolls royce in cost. Therefore daewoo is better. CHIKENA!!!

lets hear word

8 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by HARDDON: 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
Nigeria and the United states, which is better?

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by opestein: 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
Billyonaire: I got the Galaxy Grand, its cheap just 50K from slot and I use the Z10 hotspot to put the Grand and my tablet online, I later figured out that the Grand has Wireless Hostpot today. Its a beautiful piece of technology. I think Techno phones are for low end people, cos their prices are just too cheap for me to be seen with one.
yeeehh,o fun awon t guys ni change
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by lolaluv1(f): 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2013
Adesiji77:

What about Phantom A+'s screen? Hope it won't scratch easily...

It comes with a screen protector.
You could also use the second phone cover with a flip that covers the screen.
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by DWJOBScom(m): 4:44pm On Aug 15, 2013
Where can I get a Samsung Gio
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 15, 2013
what about samsung ace duos. thanks.
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Codedboy95(m): 4:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
Billyonaire: bro me you fit borrow me 100k ? i won buy q20

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Subscribe To Glo Yakata Plan And Get Up To 6GB Data And Much More / Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 / Tecno Pouvoir 3 Full Specifications And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.