Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? (49990 Views)

Install Carbonrom Android 4.4.4 Kitkat On Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 [APP2SD] / Rooting Samsung Grand Duos / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Ogetogeo(m): 4:53pm On Aug 15, 2013
acidosis™:
I will go with Phantom A+

Phatom is cute, and slimmer, unlike the duos with those ugly curvy edges...

Don't be f00led with updates.. There is really nothing to update aside the custom ROM..

Just to educate some peeps here, the fact that you use an android 2.1 samsung doesn't mean you are allowed to update to 4.3 and every other new versions.. Dont be deceive..

The highest update a 2.2 android can get is 2.3! of which there is no noticeable difference between these two!

Your samsung gingerbread will always be gingerbread.. You can't update any rubbish beyond gingerbread..

For the guy shouting 4k brand difference..Don't be a liar!

As at this minute. Jumia sells Phantom A+ for N35,495
www./Phantom-A%2B(White)-65815.html

And the duos sells between N49,000 - 53,000.

That is about N15,000 difference between the two phones...

For those condemning the screen of Phantom! Liars you are!

Both phones will scratch at the same speed..
Same material.. No gorilla-screen for both!

Its left for you to choose what you want..
Goodluck..

Was wondering where the guy saw the 4k difference he was screaming.

I helped a friend using the grand dous to purchase an UMI X2 phone and now he is looking for buyer for the grand dous.
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by beemojola(f): 5:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
Billyonaire: I got the Galaxy Grand, its cheap just 50K from slot and I use the Z10 hotspot to put the Grand and my tablet online, I later figured out that the Grand has Wireless Hotspot today. Its a beautiful piece of technology. I think Techno phones are for low end people, cos their prices are just too cheap for me to be seen with one.
i think you are too proud and pple like you are usually yahoo boys...

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by holahabib: 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
Both phones will be outdated in a year. So who really cares about all this analysis? They are both average android phones.
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 15, 2013
beemojola: i think you are too proud and pple like you are usually yahoo boys...
You have been fvcked by Yahoo boys before ? I heard they have long di/cks.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by akinlolusewanu9(m): 5:44pm On Aug 15, 2013
leke12: Am voting for phatom A+ as d right phone, considering any downloaded games will be directly on ur memory card which is unlike most android phones..

You can always select the write memory to install your apps and move them accordingly.

However, if tecno vs samsung debate is this much, it only means that tecno is achieving success and will catch up well with samsung esp if these lapses are addressed

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by demelza: 5:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
Billyonaire: You have been fvcked by Yahoo boys before ? I heard they have long di/cks.
Your composure is always on point. Will like to see you lose your cool one day tho!
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
demelza:
Your composure is always on point. Will like to see you lose your cool one day tho!
Thanks Boss, Emotional Intelligence Quotient thingz.
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by slinkman(m): 5:53pm On Aug 15, 2013
akinlolusewanu9:

You can always select the write memory to install your apps and move them accordingly.

However, if tecno vs samsung debate is this much, it only means that tecno is achieving success and will catch up well with samsung esp if these lapses are addressed
obviously.. yhu dont watch review and comparrison videos on youtube...

i have never seen no one compare the tecno to any phone...

d only place i see such silly comparison is on nairaland... filled with poor ass tecno fanatics....

well i bliv tecno will catch up wit samsung one day... and tht will only be so... when super eagles win a world cup....

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Phrankin(m): 5:57pm On Aug 15, 2013
Billyonaire: Thanks Boss, Emotional Intelligence Quotient thingz.
haha! see my man wey no get two groundnuts to rub together dey claim billionaire.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 15, 2013
Phrankin: haha! see my man wey no get two groundnuts to rub together dey claim billionaire.
It's not a big deal, you can do it also. Find the right network of friends.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Francheezy(m): 6:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
Phrankin: haha! see my man wey no get two groundnuts to rub together dey claim billionaire.

Lwkm4h
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by warrenweste(m): 6:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
Ogetogeo:

Was wondering where the guy saw the 4k difference he was screaming.

I helped a friend using the grand dous to purchase an UMI X2 phone and now he is looking for buyer for the grand dous.
How much and where did u buy it??
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by beemojola(f): 6:22pm On Aug 15, 2013
Billyonaire: You have been fvcked by Yahoo boys before ? I heard they have long di/cks.
u asked a question and I ll give u an answer which is no...however,as to d dick of the yahoo boys,u suld knw better dan I do since u sleep wit dem

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by physise(m): 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
I love my grand duos

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by HonKontigi: 6:26pm On Aug 15, 2013
No story, galaxy duos is better by far. I bought mine 2 weeks ago after comparing it with many other phones particularly phantom. I thank God that I didn't make a mistake. Everything about the phone is super.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by akinlolusewanu9(m): 6:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
runzlord: na wa o! Which one be dragon tail? How does it compete with gorrilla glass?
Dragontail is a kind of glass which is 6 times stronger than normal silicate glass. It is manufactured in Japan by Ashai Inc.

Ashai is the largest manufacturer of glass in Japan and their products are used in quite a few mobile phones and especially Japan - only mobile devices.

This Dragontail glass is what Tecno A+ & Sony Xperia Z has and its strong enough. However Corning Gorilla glass 2 & 3 is stronger

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by slinkman(m): 6:43pm On Aug 15, 2013
akinlolusewanu9:
Dragontail is a kind of glass which is 6 times stronger than normal silicate glass. It is manufactured in Japan by Ashai Inc.

Ashai is the largest manufacturer of glass in Japan and their products are used in quite a few mobile phones and especially Japan - only mobile devices.

This Dragontail glass is what Tecno A+ & Sony Xperia Z has and its strong enough. However Corning Gorilla glass 2 & 3 is stronger
ok d tecno a+ uses dis dragontail

lwkmd... make i no laugh abeg
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by akinlolusewanu9(m): 6:44pm On Aug 15, 2013
slinkman: obviously.. yhu dont watch review and comparrison videos on youtube...

i have never seen no one compare the tecno to any phone...

d only place i see such silly comparison is on nairaland... filled with poor ass tecno fanatics....

well i bliv tecno will catch up wit samsung one day... and tht will only be so... when super eagles win a world cup....

The same thing Nokia and LG told Samsung years back. Look at them now, eyeing Samsung as they go after Apple.

Tecno won't catch up easily because of their customers region and cash. But if they have chosen few African countries to operate they can thrive and have devices that would be standard anywhere in the world.

Mind you there are phones that are only made for Korean, Japanese and chinese markets that are very outstanding. Apple's Finger print sensor for iPhone 5S is already happening on some korean brands but you won't know.

Reviews of these devices are not online like that but does not undermine the integrity of the phone.

Trust me, consistency and research is a powerful tool that Tecno will use to thrive.

5 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by omotayos01(m): 6:47pm On Aug 15, 2013
physise: I love my grand duos
i dey feel u jare, tot u wil go 4 tecno despite bin active in al tecno thread.
Last short: go 4 wat wil fulfil ur need & dis guy av done dat.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by akinlolusewanu9(m): 6:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
slinkman: ok d tecno a+ uses dis dragontail

lwkmd... make i no laugh abeg

Bros, na so one of them peope tell me b4 I started researching into the glass myself. Never knew a dragontail glass ever existed sef until I heard it 2wks ago.
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by slinkman(m): 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2013
akinlolusewanu9:

The same thing Nokia and LG told Samsung years back. Look at them now, eyeing Samsung as they go after Apple.

Tecno won't catch up easily because of their customers region and cash. But if they have chosen few African countries to operate they can thrive and have devices that would be standard anywhere in the world.

Mind you there are phones that are only made for Korean, Japanese and chinese markets that are very outstanding. Apple's Finger print sensor for iPhone 5S is already happening on some korean brands but you won't know.

Reviews of these devices are not online like that but does not undermine the integrity of the phone.

Trust me, consistency and research is a powerful tool that Tecno will use to thrive.
i like ur comment... look at nokia and lg now... and see where they are..

tecno own na worst case sef... cox this is only a nairaland known device... no place again.. omfg

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
afi dragontail glass naa. grin

abeg daewoo racer is beta than honda accord and rolls royce. chikena cheesy

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by slinkman(m): 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
akinlolusewanu9:

Bros, na so one of them peope tell me b4 I started researching into the glass myself. Never knew a dragontail glass ever existed sef until I heard it 2wks ago.
lol.. bro... no mind dos guys jare.. the a+ uses a TFT screen..
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 15, 2013
4llerbuntu: afi dragontail glass naa. grin

abeg daewoo racer is beta than honda accord and rolls royce. chikena cheesy

get out of my head grin grin

I mean, dragontail? grin

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Kelklein(m): 7:10pm On Aug 15, 2013
Adesiji77:

Na wa o!
trust me..before a single scratch on it, we will be here comparing other models... that's d IT way for you!
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Kelklein(m): 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
just got a+ now for 36k..

seriously we should give techno some cred for giving Samsung a run for their money cos if not for them duos would have been nothing less than 60k..

a+ has my vote.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by slinkman(m): 7:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
Kelklein: just got a+ now for 36k..

seriously we should give techno some cred for giving Samsung a run for their money cos if not for them duos would have been nothing less than 60k..

a+ has my vote.
they gave samsung a run for their money

buhahahaha...

yo 4ller?? ya see wat dis nigGa wrote....

lmaoooo....

negro HIGH as Bleep...

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by alexvatt(m): 7:33pm On Aug 15, 2013
My people, believe it or not, tecno has taking over nigeria phone market. Tecno phantom a+ is the best phone in town now. And watch out for tecno, becos u have not seen anything yet.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by krugar07(m): 7:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
beemojola: u asked a question and I ll give u an answer which is no...however,as to d dick of the yahoo boys,u suld knw better dan I do since u sleep wit dem
see big tozo
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nmeri17: 7:37pm On Aug 15, 2013
Billyonaire: I think Techno phones are for low end people, cos their prices are just too cheap for me to be seen with one.
haha...The billionaire is talkin
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by UIA04(f): 7:51pm On Aug 15, 2013
a frnd bought her samsung 60 k
but the tecno is abt 34k choose wisely grin
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 15, 2013
If not for Tecno, Samsung galaxy grand duos wud have been a high end smartphone, and wud'v been unaffordable by most of d ppl commenting here. Compare d specs and prices of S3 and grand duos, and see dat it wz phantom dat pushed Samsung mobile to drop d price of dat grand duos. Tecno has done so well and deserves much credit. For someone like me dat suffered for almost one yr in d hand of HTC Inspire 4G, Tecno Phantom which I'm currently using is a big blessing.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Subscribe To Glo Yakata Plan And Get Up To 6GB Data And Much More / XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* / Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.