Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? (49991 Views)

Install Carbonrom Android 4.4.4 Kitkat On Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 [APP2SD] / Rooting Samsung Grand Duos / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by krugar07(m): 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2013
sean622: . see Mr fool, u can't possibly know phone specs more than I do....I'm not here to prove any for any brand but to let dumbass like you to know the diff btw A and A+ so wake up
u have insulted me.i dont know about phone specs and to add injury u called me a fool, a dumb ass. if i start insulting u i will definately get banned.who do you think you are. i am sure u cant even afford a tecno.u are lucky i cant see u because i could have left u in a bloody mess. bastard SONof aBITCH.

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Francheezy(m): 4:43pm On Aug 18, 2013
krugar07 vs sean622:
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by physise(m): 4:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
mods abeg close dis thread joor
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 19, 2013
d purpose for dis thread has been achieved...

samsung beats tecno
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 19, 2013
deejay_harry1: d purpose for dis thread has been achieved...

samsung beats tecno

Does it stop anyone from buying phantom A+ quadcore at the rate of 35k?

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by LordReed(m): 1:44pm On Aug 19, 2013
Nope
acidosis™:

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 19, 2013
acidosis™:

yes.... it stops the WISE...

thread unfollowed
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 19, 2013
these peeps no dey ever tire. Lols.

if it's in the real world, I can bet that some guys tooth would be removed.

hahaha kids always showing their immaturity only on social networks.
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Emekayoung(m): 5:27pm On Aug 19, 2013
This is a useless thread,the mods shuld removed this thread its of no use,i mean its crazy comparing almighty samsung to tecno..
Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by temtop005(m): 6:33pm On Aug 19, 2013
Someone said samsung is almighty,for where,a+ has 4.2 os larger than 4.1 of the samsung duos.beta battery life and at a lesser rate.why would i buy a 49k phone wen i av 35k one that offer wat i need.a+ is cool and ok.kudos to tecno

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 19, 2013
deejay_harry1: yes.... it stops the WISE...

thread unfollowed

wise or not... God knows I'll never give samsung my 50k for dat plastic bulky duos...

Btw, you need to worship tecno for 7days..
If not for tecno, the ugly duos will cost nothing less than N70K..

Samsung needs to pay expensive staff too, so price must be high...na where man dey work, na there him dey chop..
cheesy

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by physise(m): 6:36pm On Aug 19, 2013
temtop005: Someone said samsung is almighty,for where,a+ has 4.2 os larger than 4.1 of the samsung duos.beta battery life and at a lesser rate.why would i buy a 49k phone wen i av 35k one that offer wat i need.a+ is cool and ok.kudos to tecno
fyi grand is upgradeable to 4.2

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by santakris(m): 7:55pm On Aug 19, 2013
HARDDON: Nigeria and the United states, which is better?
Niger is a subset of United States. Thank you.
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by caukerzee(m): 9:02pm On Aug 19, 2013
ibietela2:

You are the one singing it in all threads..... So why is there no 4.2.2 update for s2 yet?? 4.3 was released a month ago why is s3 still behind??
And who says there isn't?
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by caukerzee(m): 9:16pm On Aug 19, 2013
sean622: some fools don't know there's difference between tecno phantom A (dual core) and tecno phantom A+(quad core) they are two different phones..... A is 1.0 GHz and A+ is 1.2 GHz both HD screens.....u plastically laggy Samsung users should wake up.....tecno is out with a bang on your assssssss
And tecno phones are aluminium bodied and lag free? It is 'CHEAP' plastic yet you cannot afford one?? Irony?? LOL...these tecno kids are so dumb that they even hate on themselves without even realising. You talk as if you own an iphone (which is not better anyway) , you own some cheap-particle substandard chinko toy and yet you re trying stupidly to hate on the kings of the smartphone ecosystem?? Haha....typical tecno user. Just a bunch of bloody poor retards! Grow a brain kid. P.S: the samsung phones you dumb troll call plastic isnt even plastic. I dont expect you to know this. Why? You are a dumb troll ofcourse....haha.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 20, 2013
acidosis™:

wise or not... God knows I'll never give samsung my 50k for dat plastic bulky duos...

if Samsung is plastic, tecno is what?
stop being hypocritical and give unbiased reviews

acidosis™:
Btw, you need to worship tecno for 7days..
If not for tecno, the ugly duos will cost nothing less than N70K..
The most useless comment I've ever seen on phones section
Everyone knows Samsung phones sell outrightly cheaper than the most known OEMS
For Samsung not to consider HTC, Apple, LG, Sony even Lenovo to care about tecno before fixing prices shows how little you know about phones

oh btw, I ain't a Samsung fan, ask people on here
Don't give silly excuses for buying tecno, it's a budget phone
and don't compare it to Samsung, it begs how much you value your phone
Nuff Said......

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by ismokeweed1(f): 7:16am On Aug 20, 2013
all of you are just making excess noise

I use a phantom a+ and my brother uses a galaxy s3, these are what I have noticed in the two phones ACCORDING TO OUR EVERYDAY USE (mind you we are normal users and not 'geeks' that buy phones because of processor/vga/ram/sound/body e.t.c) we just have good android devices

1. they BOTH DO EXACTLY THE SAME THINGS without any difference at all (please leave out all those touch-whiz, gps, e.t.c minor details that are usually not useful to the Nigerian populace)

2. any movie that plays on gs3 plays on a+

3. any game that plays on gs3 plays on a+

4. any song that plays on gs3 plays on a+

5. any picture that shows on gs3 shows on a+

6. a+ weighs SLIGHTLY more than gs3

7. a+ has a bolder finish than gs3

8. they are both of plastic but a+ has an added ALUMINUM trim on its face panel (stylish)

9. a+ has a slightly LARGER screen

10. a+ has a slightly BRIGHTER screen (I didn't say resolution)

11. a+ battery lasts slightly longer on the lowest of settings

12. the os of a+ is superior to that of gs3

13. a+ home/back/menu buttons are all touch while gs3 has a raised/hard button home button

14. a+ comes with its own leather cover case, screen guard and power bank/torchlight while a gs3 user must GO TO MARKET AND BUY HIS/HER OWN

15. gs3 camera is better than that of the a+, but only slightly (as usual)

16. the a+ is dual sim the gs3 is not

17. the price of the a+ is HALF that of the gs3

well, I know there are many more differences, but these are the main ones that are observable to the casual - heavy user, for those who are into android development then you can look at the other differences in-depth.

MY PERSONAL VERDICT

A. if you know that you have enough money to spend on an android phone from a more popular manufacturer, with periodic updates,a few better INTERNAL components and the notion that you will love to use your phone for more than 3yrs at a stretch before selling it off, then the SAMSUNG is definitely for you

B. if you know that you don't want to spend/don't have money for an expensive phone from a more popular company and can easily settle to make use of your phone for just a year before throwing it away or dashing it out to a relative or friend and getting a new one, then the TECHNO is definitely for you.

I think I have said enough.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 20, 2013
sh¡t the look alone is an eye sore.. I hate those bulky curvy curvature edges..

Anyways
1. they BOTH DO EXACTLY THE SAME THINGS without any difference at all (please leave out all those touch whiz, gps, e.t.c minor details that are usually not useful to the Nigerian populace)

Tecno Phantom A+ has a gps system..

cheesy
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:44am On Aug 20, 2013
u forgot to mention your display looks like shiiit whilst ur bros looks great #justsaying

and as for the the camera being better "slightly" .... mehn, whatever rocks ur boat.

That camera was d first to match up with the Iphone's camera.... put up ur photos on a pc and compare... grin grin grin grin make e no be say na ur "bright" TFT display dey deceive ur eyes

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 20, 2013
Meanwhile, we are talking bout Duos here, not S3.

Okay

A+ = 1GB RAM
Duos = 768 MB RAM sad

A + = 8mp primary camera
Duos = 5mp primary camera sad

A+ = 1.2 Ghz
Duos = 1 Ghz

Screen Material = TFT both

et cetera...

cheesy
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 20, 2013
acidosis™:

Okay

A+ = 1GB RAM
Duos = 768 MB RAM sad

A + = 8mp primary camera

A+ = 1.2 Ghz
Duos = 1 Ghz

et cetera...

cheesy
tecno 8mp dey like samsung 2mp... nuff said... dis silly thread should be closed

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Emekayoung(m): 10:04am On Aug 20, 2013
acidosis™:

Okay

A+ = 1GB RAM
Duos = 768 MB RAM sad

A + = 8mp primary camera

A+ = 1.2 Ghz
Duos = 1 Ghz

et cetera...

cheesy
Mr man who told u grand duos has 768 ram and 5mp,better wake up frm sleep before lions will come and invade ur house..

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by krugar07(m): 10:06am On Aug 20, 2013
THREAD CLOSED.SAME TO ALL TECNO VS SAMSUNG THREADS

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Emekayoung(m): 10:08am On Aug 20, 2013
deejay_harry1: tecno 8mp dey like samsung 2mp... nuff said... dis silly thread should be closed
Honestly i hate it wen i see the foolish comaprison between samsung and tecno,stupid tecno users,this thread is long overdue,it shuld be closed once and for all.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by ismokeweed1(f): 10:30am On Aug 20, 2013
4llerbuntu: u forgot to mention your display looks like shiiit whilst ur bros looks great #justsaying

and as for the the camera being better "slightly" .... mehn, whatever rocks ur boat.

That camera was d first to match up with the Iphone's camera.... put up ur photos on a pc and compare... grin grin grin grin make e no be say na ur "bright" TFT display dey deceive ur eyes

My dear, if the display is good enough to 'DECEIVE' my eyes, then what the heck am I going to complain about?

I am not like you that wears a microscope on my eyes just to press my phone. The difference is not visible to the normal users eyes
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Francheezy(m): 10:37am On Aug 20, 2013
Hmmmmm
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by caukerzee(m): 10:38am On Aug 20, 2013
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by physise(m): 10:45am On Aug 20, 2013
acidosis™:

Okay

A+ = 1GB RAM
Duos = 768 MB RAM sad

A + = 8mp primary camera

A+ = 1.2 Ghz
Duos = 1 Ghz

et cetera...

cheesy
mumu am using grand duos n it has 1gb ram 8mp rear camera 2mp frnt camera with 1.2ghz dual core cortex a9
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by physise(m): 10:46am On Aug 20, 2013
mods close dis thread
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 20, 2013
People that can't even afford the samsung products are talking more. Tryn hard2 hustle more 2get the fairly used. Hehehehe.
U guys shd look4what to do than waking up evry mornin tryn to make d same point ovr and ovr again.
As 4dat idiat that lookd 4my trouble in the previous f7. I waited for u2post the pix u wantd+the number. Il would hav lukd 4u and make sure u get deald with.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by kulex2k1(m): 11:12am On Aug 20, 2013
preetyjoy: People that can't even afford the samsung products are talking more. Tryn hard2 hustle more 2get the fairly used. Hehehehe.
U guys shd look4what to do than waking up evry mornin tryn to make d same point ovr and ovr again.
As 4dat idiat that lookd 4my trouble in the previous f7. I waited for u2post the pix u wantd+the number. Il would hav lukd 4u and make sure u get deald with.

Hear yourself speak you dont even make any sense!

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:15am On Aug 20, 2013
i-smoke-weed:

My dear, if the display is good enough to 'DECEIVE' my eyes, then what the heck am I going to complain about?

I am not like you that wears a microscope on my eyes just to press my phone. The difference is not visible to the normal users eyes

oh really? issorite ooo

Gionee has a waaaay better display and is cheaper than Tecno sha ooo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Subscribe To Glo Yakata Plan And Get Up To 6GB Data And Much More / Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 / XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.