Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,778 members, 7,831,500 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? (49984 Views)

Install Carbonrom Android 4.4.4 Kitkat On Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 [APP2SD] / Rooting Samsung Grand Duos / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by masks(m): 7:51pm On Aug 15, 2013
Billyonaire: I got the Galaxy Grand, its cheap just 50K from slot and I use the Z10 hotspot to put the Grand and my tablet online, I later figured out that the Grand has Wireless Hotspot today. Its a beautiful piece of technology. I think Techno phones are for low end people, cos their prices are just too cheap for me to be seen with one.
anoda ego driven maniac. this is a thread made for comparisontnot brag

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
veektorh:
just so yu know galaxy s2 started wiv 2.3 and now it's on 4.1 expecting 4.2 to be released anytime soon, so stop misinforming people! undecided

Why are you still expecting a 4.2 update on a retired and tired samsung galaxy S2 when people are already using 4.2.2 on galaxy S4 since April??

You guys should stop deceiving people with updates..

Can you also update the low spec samsung like Y, pocket etc, to android 4

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by opestein: 8:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
acidosis™:

Why are you still expecting a 4.2 update on a retired and tired samsung galaxy S2 when people are already using 4.2.2 on galaxy S4 since April??

yh via custom roms
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by patrkq(m): 8:10pm On Aug 15, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Flawed analysis. A dual core A9 can not be faster than a quad core A7 at the same speed. Core for core, yes the A9 is faster but with multiplied cores the speed advantage drops off. You just look at at the benchmark scores for the Grand Duos and for a device running a MT6589 chipset.
now, most nigerians feel the number of cores a processor has translates into its functionality and performance..
actually that is not the case most times as seen here..
the tecno quad core does not beat the samsung dual core wen it comes to functionality, as in day to day usage of phones dual cores are faster..

although quad cores are very efficient for multitasking their penchant for guzzling power is discouraging.
even the iphone 5 uses a dual core as opposed to a quad core, so wat are we saying undecided
Lord_Reed:

Flawed analysis. A dual core A9 can not be faster than a quad core A7 at the same speed. Core for core, yes the A9 is faster but with multiplied cores the speed advantage drops off. You just look at at the benchmark scores for the Grand Duos and for a device running a MT6589 chipset.
now, most nigerians feel the number of cores a processor has translates into its functionality and performance..
the tecno quad core does not beat the samsung dual core wen it comes to functionality, as in day to day usage of phones dual cores are faster..

although quad cores are very efficient for multitasking their penchant for guzzling power is discouraging.
even the iphone 5 uses a dual core as opposed to a quad core, so wat are we saying

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
Sticking to my tecno
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by patrkq(m): 8:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
acidosis™:
I will go with Phantom A+

Phatom is cute, and slimmer, unlike the duos with those ugly curvy edges...

Don't be f00led with updates.. There is really nothing to update aside the custom ROM..

Just to educate some peeps here, the fact that you use an android 2.1 samsung doesn't mean you are allowed to update to 4.3 and every other new versions.. Dont be deceive..

The highest update a 2.2 android can get is 2.3! of which there is no noticeable difference between these two!

Your samsung gingerbread will always be gingerbread.. You can't update any rubbish beyond gingerbread..

For the guy shouting 4k brand difference..Don't be a liar!

As at this minute. Jumia sells Phantom A+ for N35,495
www./Phantom-A%2B(White)-65815.html

And the duos sells between N49,000 - 53,000.

That is about N15,000 difference between the two phones...

For those condemning the screen of Phantom! Liars you are!

Both phones will scratch at the same speed..
Same material.. No gorilla-screen for both!

Its left for you to choose what you want..
Goodluck..
get ur facts right..
i use an s2, started from 2.3 gingerbread currently on 4.1 jellybean

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by patrkq(m): 8:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
acidosis™:
I will go with Phantom A+

Phatom is cute, and slimmer, unlike the duos with those ugly curvy edges...

Don't be f00led with updates.. There is really nothing to update aside the custom ROM..

Just to educate some peeps here, the fact that you use an android 2.1 samsung doesn't mean you are allowed to update to 4.3 and every other new versions.. Dont be deceive..

The highest update a 2.2 android can get is 2.3! of which there is no noticeable difference between these two!

Your samsung gingerbread will always be gingerbread.. You can't update any rubbish beyond gingerbread..

For the guy shouting 4k brand difference..Don't be a liar!

As at this minute. Jumia sells Phantom A+ for N35,495
www./Phantom-A%2B(White)-65815.html

And the duos sells between N49,000 - 53,000.

That is about N15,000 difference between the two phones...

For those condemning the screen of Phantom! Liars you are!

Both phones will scratch at the same speed..
Same material.. No gorilla-screen for both!

Its left for you to choose what you want..
Goodluck..
get ur facts right..

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by opestein: 8:32pm On Aug 15, 2013
acidosis™:

y should I buy s4 wen I can update it to it's software version and enjoy it's goodies except from hardware dependent features..tecno has no support for u guys.ok maybe repair,but no updates,bug fixes,e.t.c. and no xda support.(if there is even source code..just saying).I hope u get Wat am trying to say..u guys are just using android without future support
but it depends on u sha..if u wanna get the A+,thumbs up
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 15, 2013
patrkq:
get ur facts right..

4.1? why not 4.2.2 ?
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 15, 2013
opestein:
yh via custom roms

Why custom tricks?
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by opestein: 8:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
acidosis™:

Why custom tricks?
xda support..which techno doent have
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by opestein: 8:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
acidosis™:

4.1? why not 4.2.2 ?
before this year runs out 4.2.2 is coming to s2
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
opestein:
y should I buy s4 wen I can update it to it's software version and enjoy it's goodies except from hardware dependent features..tecno has no support for u guys.ok maybe repair,but no updates,bug fixes,e.t.c. and no xda support.(if there is even source code..just saying).I hope u get Wat am trying to say..u guys are just using android without future support
but it depends on u sha..if u wanna get the A+,thumbs up

update or not.. Samsung galaxy S2 will always be S2...

..and why should one continually depend on SAMSUNG to release updates already existing on new devices..? when you can easily sell/dispose for another.
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by opestein: 8:56pm On Aug 15, 2013
acidosis™:

update or not.. Samsung galaxy S2 will always be S2...

..and why should one continually depend on SAMSUNG to release updates already existing on new devices..? when you can easily sell/dispose for another.
yh..but definitely not disposing for techno

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
opestein:
yh..but definitely not disposing for techno
lol.. your choice..
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by opestein: 9:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
acidosis™:

lol.. your choice..

yes oo
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by ewizard1: 9:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
*sighs*

Make una just buy wetin una money reach nah! Wahala no dey there. See mates dey kickslap theirselves sha.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Ogetogeo(m): 9:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
warrenweste:
How much and where did u buy it??

The UMI X2 is the 2gb/32gb version. Buying and shipping to Nigeria cost 65k
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by akinola1384(m): 9:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmm am about to buy my tecno a+ but is like I av to change my mind and go for samusung
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by sidvinci(m): 9:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
Comparing Europe best footballer of the year with africa best footballer of the year.

Am sick of seeing people comparing Samsung with tecno. Pls if you don't have Samsung money buy tecno so that we can hear something here.

Africa mentality is affecting tecno users. Its like comparing America with Asia. Tecno fans get a job.

Tecno for dash am not using. Only the name alone can tarnish my image.

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by LordReed(m): 9:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
patrkq:

even the iphone 5 uses a dual core as opposed to a quad core, so wat are we saying undecided

When Nigerians start making benchmarking software then you post will be valid. Till then you have only tenuous proof.

Here is my Geekbench score. Post a Geekbench score for the Grand Duos or be quiet.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
acidosis™:

tecnocrat
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by patrkq(m): 12:58am On Aug 16, 2013
Lord_Reed:

When Nigerians start making benchmarking software then you post will be valid. Till then you have only tenuous proof.

Here is my Geekbench score. Post a Geekbench score for the Grand Duos or be quiet.
hello!!!
now if u read in btw d lines of my post u'll discover that i mentioned a point .. 'in day to day usage of phones'.. forget what geekbench is telling u..
this situation can be likened to having a car with a v8 engine but poor transmission and the likes d v8 engine doesnt automatically translate to speed as it has to work in balance with other factors to get desired results
in the end, your smartphone's
internal performance boils down
to more than the number of cores.
Instead, it depends on a delicate
balance involving everything from
your base chip and batteries to
your operating system, and even
on the people who code your
favorite apps.
Quad-core is great in theory
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by gwekes2: 1:57am On Aug 16, 2013
I will say TECNO is doing a great job here in Nigeria for bring to the masses the opportunity to use a smartphone both of the android and windows version at a very low cost compare to other brand,with a reliable customer service. The facts is that, their products matches the test of time. I started with the use of 3sim Trinity to D5 now at A+. the fear of been rub off your phone is not there,since its easily affordable. for my HTC and BB they are way too expensive to play around with. kudos to TECNO may they continue in product improvement and price reduction,because everybody must have a taste of good things. be it technology.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by LordReed(m): 4:03am On Aug 16, 2013
patrkq:
hello!!!
now if u read in btw d lines of my post u'll discover that i mentioned a point .. 'in day to day usage of phones'.. forget what geekbench is telling u..
this situation can be likened to having a car with a v8 engine but poor transmission and the likes d v8 engine doesnt automatically translate to speed as it has to work in balance with other factors to get desired results
in the end, your smartphone's
internal performance boils down
to more than the number of cores.
Instead, it depends on a delicate
balance involving everything from
your base chip and batteries to
your operating system, and even
on the people who code your
favorite apps.
Quad-core is great in theory

Now you ate speaking from the other side of your mouth. Recall very well that you mentioned nothing of other factors. Your post said and I quote:
'now, most nigerians feel the number of cores a processor hastranslates into its functionality and performance..
actually that is not the case most times as seen here..'

Your post was focused on CPU prowess so don't twist it now. If you know about benchmarking software you will know that Geekbench tests only CPU performance and so what I posted destroys your argument that a dual core A9 outperforms a quad core A7.

I have had extensive hands on use with the Grand Duos, its a nice phone but my Dream D1 quite visibly outperforms it in any screen clarity, processing power, graphics quality or any other spec you care to mention while being cheaper.

Quadcore is not just great in theory it also translates to solid real world performance.
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Adesiji77: 5:02am On Aug 16, 2013
physise: i think u should go for a+
a+ has quadcore,grand has dual core
both have 1gb ram
galaxy grand have 8gb of internal storage while a+ has 4gb of internal storage
galaxy grand runs on android 4.1 n its upgradable to 4.2 while a+run on android 4.2 nt upgradable to 4.3
a+ has hd resolution while grand has wvga resolution(bt d resolution is ok)
grand has ambient light senson which can control d brightness when u r looking at d screen to prevent it frm going off ..a+ lacks it
both have proximity sensor
galaxy grand has dlna while a+ lacks it
both have wifi hotspot
only advantage a+ have over grand is
1)quadcore processor
2)hd resolution
3)price difference
d rest advantage goes to grand..am going to get grand dis month

Bros, you have said two things here-you think i should go for A+ but you are going to get Grand Duos
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Swiftboy(m): 6:54am On Aug 16, 2013
I think phantom is better! If you are a good economist you'll make better judgement of which one to buy.Some prefar buying samsung cos its a superior brand.Phantom is too close in comparism to Grand for the price difference.If you're too proud to be seen with Techno,you should be too proud to be seen with samsung when there's I phone.Just think about it:-we are both using android,mine is cheaper and with a better os while you're waiting for the next upgrade.What if the upgrade never surface? I can use my extra 15k to fuel my car, or for other useful purposes.Truth be told; Grand seems rather bulky...A+ IS slicker,I can pocket it on the go while your busy carrying extra luggage probably attract prying eyes.There will always be better phone tomorow,so no need wasting too much cash on a phone I'll prolly get tired of because of diminishing returns.Thats my contributions. Thank you!

7 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by adaye: 7:01am On Aug 16, 2013
4llerbuntu: brand freak because of 4k difference?

phone with support and guranteed updates?

phone that has xda support with tweaks n custom roms?

phone that will last longer?

4k difference is about the "brand freak"?

i see..........

The diff is not 4k.in pH the grand duos goes for 55k. The phantom is 35-37k. U are looking at a 20K. Difference. Or is the grand duos 39k? Pls tell me where as at that price it is a better deal.

the tecno wins then
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:29am On Aug 16, 2013
Swiftboy: I think phantom is better! If you are a good economist you'll make better judgement of which one to buy.Some prefar buying samsung cos its a superior brand.Phantom is too close in comparism to Grand for the price difference.If you're too proud to be seen with Techno,you should be too proud to be seen with samsung when there's I phone.J

Ys na. you are very correct.

hyundai Sonata is far better than a BMW x5

if u are a good economist you will know that BMW is over 10 million, and Sonata is just 1.4 million.

u will use the balance of the money to fuel your car for the next 50 years.

if you are too proud to be seen with a Sonata, then you should be too proud to be seen with a BMW when there is Ferrari!!

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by Koolmexxi(m): 7:45am On Aug 16, 2013
Tecno has offered competing alternatives to many Samsung devices and dat is wat d market is about shikena. Dey(Tecno) have identified Africa as their market nd dat is wat dey are doing. So gov dem a break. They are definitely causing a stir here in NIGERIA and AFRICA which is wat matas ryt now
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by slinkman(m): 8:21am On Aug 16, 2013
Swiftboy: I think phantom is better! If you are a good economist you'll make better judgement of which one to buy.Some prefar buying samsung cos its a superior brand.Phantom is too close in comparism to Grand for the price difference.If you're too proud to be seen with Techno,you should be too proud to be seen with samsung when there's I phone.Just think about it:-we are both using android,mine is cheaper and with a better os while you're waiting for the next upgrade.What if the upgrade never surface? I can use my extra 15k to fuel my car, or for other useful purposes.Truth be told; Grand seems rather bulky...A+ IS slicker,I can pocket it on the go while your busy carrying extra luggage probably attract prying eyes.There will always be better phone tomorow,so no need wasting too much cash on a phone I'll prolly get tired of because of diminishing returns.Thats my contributions. Thank you!
fact...iphone aint better than samsung... then again, A+ is nothing close to the samsung duos... the duos is way better... why would u waste 33grand on a crappy tecno ish, when u can buy somtin way way better for 49 grand...

will u go and buy a kekenapep coz its cheap, if u hav money for a good peugot 406?? simply becoz u will hav som money left to fuel d keke napep i rather be caught using a nokia java phone.. than use a tecno excuse for android..
Re: Samsung Grand Duos Vs Tecno Phantom A+: Which Is Better? by slinkman(m): 8:23am On Aug 16, 2013
Koolmexxi: Tecno has offered competing alternatives to many Samsung devices and dat is wat d market is about shikena. Dey(Tecno) have identified Africa as their market nd dat is wat dey are doing. So gov dem a break. They are definitely causing a stir here in NIGERIA and AFRICA which is wat matas ryt now
bro they are causing a stir in NAIRALAND al0ne.. Africa no know dis phone Tecno...

lwkmd

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Subscribe To Glo Yakata Plan And Get Up To 6GB Data And Much More / Whatsapp Will Be Discontinued On Blackberry And Nokia Operating System By 2016 / Tecno Pouvoir 3 Full Specifications And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.