Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,282 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water (67331 Views)

Energy Drinks Cause High Blood Pressure, Doctor Warns / Mixing Alcohol With Energy Drinks Can Raise Risk Of Heart Problems / American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Deiok(m): 5:09pm On Aug 09, 2013
Watin man go come do now, if you nor fit buy soft drink, you come buy satchet water them go say you be poor man. Now nah soft drink done become dangerious na wah ooh. angry
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 09, 2013
The watch word is moderation, portion size.

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 09, 2013
Palm wine it is cool
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by brillant(m): 5:12pm On Aug 09, 2013
obviously, man made stuffs will kill. beware

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2013
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER ANYWAY undecided
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Donmichaelz(m): 5:14pm On Aug 09, 2013
I followed these Do's and DON'T. And look @ me nw,even Michael jackson called me skinny.......if u ask a doctor he will tell nt to take coke if u ask d makers of coke they will give u reasons to take it,my advice every 1 is doin wat dey knw best,selling dem self ,its left 4 u to knw wat to do.

Make una clap 4 me smiley
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by rodeo0070(m): 5:14pm On Aug 09, 2013
GARRI Water remains the best "beverage" so far. Ever Energizing and soothing. I wonder why its not bottled...

2 Likes

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by PStacks(m): 5:15pm On Aug 09, 2013
Okimski: One day one of these companies will charge you to court for discouraging its consumers. Everyday we see different articles of don't take this, don't take that. Yet there is also implications of not consuming sugar at all in the body. If we don't take it who will?

I think moderation is the Key word here! He hasn't said you shouldn't take sugar at all, and he hasn't called any sugar company's name.. 8 cubes of sugar in a soft drink is rather on the high side.. These are our actions that generates reaction in the body, unfortunately nobody wants to be responsible for their actions and forgetting that there's no such thing as a free lunch no where.. We either use our hands to make or mar ourselves..
There's sugar in almost all our staple foods, so y add more sugar thru un-necessary soft drinks?.. A word is enough for the wise tho! Nice article @op

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by SimeonIce(m): 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2013
This scientists and their wahala.
Today na minerals and soda water, tomorrow e go be say make we no dey drink water because e get factors wey fit cause obesity..... mtcheeeeew.....*popping cool FANTA*

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2013
WHAT OF ZOBO
OOPS tHEY MIX IT WIF SUGAR. FVCK IT WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE ANYWAY

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Oguieke(m): 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2013
[quote
author=Okimski]One day one of these companies will charge you to court
for discouraging its consumers. Everyday we see different articles of
don't take this, don't take that. Yet there is also implications of not
consuming sugar at all in the body. If we don't take it who
will?[/quote] u have to know that 100% of food we eat here are carbohydrates which is sugar, so i believe its enugh for the body system. no need for other sweet drinks pls, diabetes kills badly
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by freelancenig: 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2013
Your GUIDE to wealth creation. Don't just Facebook only, get paid using Facebook, Each time you are on Facebook, you put cash in some people's pocket. You help Facebook owners to get wealthy with your page views. get more from surfing the internet,
http://freeadvertonlineng..com/2013/08/your-guide-to-wealth-creation_6.html
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by mekaboy(m): 5:26pm On Aug 09, 2013
berem: Noted! anytime i have a visitors in my house, I'll simply offer them water. shikena!

Make sure the water is in a glass or metal cup, because the plastic used in satchet and bottled water cause cancer. So there is no escaping.
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Ishilove: 5:26pm On Aug 09, 2013
Rooneyboy: Nice write up dear, indeed, the rate @ which people consume these drinks is so frightening.

My twin bro and elder sis are total addicts,(taking @least a bottle of coke each time they have a meal)
I don't know how to talk them into coming out of this deadly habit.

.......Why I'm even more frightened is because diabetes challenges runs in the family.
They need deliverance tongue
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by mekaboy(m): 5:29pm On Aug 09, 2013
Do you guys remember justus esiri? The Nigerian actor that died? Do you remember what killed him? It was low blood sugar. So lack of sugar also kills.

Jst learn to chew bitter kola once a week, it reduces the blood sugar consumed.
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Ishilove: 5:29pm On Aug 09, 2013
emmysenior: These days, water does it for me. No need for gaseous substances in my system henceforth.

I even discovered that foods with preservatives are generally dangerous. Fresh and unadulterated foods/meats (chickens, not in cans, but live ones. And even meats) no beef too....

Even instant rumens (noodles) i.e indomie are dangerous to health too... I also learnt they cause cancer and kidney disease too, cos of the percentage of sodium and other harmful chemicals in em
Haba, indomie again? Which kind of wahala is this sef? Mscheew. We give up! angry
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Ate247(m): 5:30pm On Aug 09, 2013
Soon there would b dangers of drinking water
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Killingp: 5:32pm On Aug 09, 2013
Simeon Ice: This scientists and their wahala.
Today na minerals and soda water, tomorrow e go be say make we no dey drink water because e get factors wey fit cause obesity..... mtcheeeeew.....*popping cool FANTA*
grin

lmfao grin
grin

lmfao
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by bidexolumanish(m): 5:32pm On Aug 09, 2013
alomo bitter is cool for y'all
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by abduldope(m): 5:32pm On Aug 09, 2013
lol if i hear!!! Mtchwww small deases lo de kiLL blaq maN grin grin grin
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by danielonyisi(m): 5:32pm On Aug 09, 2013
Dats why i like drinking acid and mineral
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Killingp: 5:33pm On Aug 09, 2013
Je kó mó!
bidexolumanish: alomo bitter is cool for y'all
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by rhames(m): 5:35pm On Aug 09, 2013
well, i have banned sugar and mineral water in my diet. I only consume them occasionally when i have lost much energy in the gym or at work. I am much healthier and have lost weight so much.

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by ifeelgood: 5:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
wot of pap with milk?
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Reference(m): 5:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
ACM10:

I used to be a coke addict when I was in the university, owing to the fact that meals we were served at the canteen was terrible. So I resorted to cokes and other soft drinks to improve the palatability of the meals. I thought I was hooked, but I dropped the habit without knowing when I did that. I think that I achieved that feat when I started to consume delicious meals.

That's one of the problems I have. Over a period of say a year I eat over 80 percent of my meals outside control (outside my home) in various locations and I must say a good number of these meals are just unpalatable. I often need something strong to push it down. The quality of food out there is just as bad. Standards everywhere are falling causing more people to turn towards factory foods. When I was growing up stomach upsets were very rare. These days I know someone who's cramping up daily. Its scary.
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by kunlesehan(m): 5:37pm On Aug 09, 2013
sweet things for sweet people.
go figure.
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Ishilove: 5:38pm On Aug 09, 2013
Reference:

That's one of the problems I have. Over a period of say a year I eat over 80 percent of my meals outside control (outside my home) in various locations and I must say a good number of these meals are just unpalatable. I often need something strong to push it down. The quality of food out there is just as bad. Standards everywhere are falling causing more people to turn towards factory foods. When I was growing up stomach upsets were very rare. These days I know someone who's cramping up daily. Its scary.
Jeeze. Dude, do you live on the road?
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Ishilove: 5:39pm On Aug 09, 2013
What of malt drinks? Are malt drinks safe?
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2013
Was literally chugging down a bottle of mineral water whilst I came across this
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Reference(m): 5:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
ACM10:

I used to be a coke addict when I was in the university, owing to the fact that meals we were served at the canteen was terrible. So I resorted to cokes and other soft drinks to improve the palatability of the meals. I thought I was hooked, but I dropped the habit without knowing when I did that. I think that I achieved that feat when I started to consume delicious meals.
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Killingp: 5:54pm On Aug 09, 2013
[b][/b]Make this mineral and soda manufacturers no vex file suit against these scientist with there stories. They are indirectly tellin people to curb the consumption of their product; which will directly after their turnover.Make this mineral and soda manufacturers no vex file suit against these scientist with there stories. They are indirectly tellin people to curb the consumption of their product; which will directly after their turnover.Make this mineral and soda manufacturers no vex file suit against these scientist with there stories. They are indirectly tellin people to curb the consumption of their product; which will directly after their turnover.
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Rooneyboy(m): 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Deleted

I vividly remember ur post , y did u delete it cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Prosper Obum Igboke Commits Suicide, Jumps Down Storey-Building / My Fiancée Has Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), She Is Always In Pains / Panic As Nigerian Lady Leaves Suicidal Notes On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.