Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,307 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water (67332 Views)

Energy Drinks Cause High Blood Pressure, Doctor Warns / Mixing Alcohol With Energy Drinks Can Raise Risk Of Heart Problems / American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar (2) (3) (4)

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by lacicrips(m): 8:56pm On Aug 09, 2013
All these problems ontop one bottle head?

What about sugar-free coke? I fill my fridge all the time with it.
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by yeballs(m): 9:00pm On Aug 09, 2013
wondering what can replace drinking soda and wont give us these problems undecided
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by ImanuelJannah(m): 9:06pm On Aug 09, 2013
Irrespective of what you eat or drink, what matters most is moderation

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by andyanders: 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2013
Most times, I take about 4 bottles a day. Na God hand life dey. Many things dey kill person. Oyibo that eats sugar like water never die. Wetin kill person na death. Though everything should be moderate but as far as life is concerend, that is ONLY in God's hands. For issues like sugar and soft drinks, Na God go save us. Nobi wetin dem write for paper.
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Monjerk: 9:20pm On Aug 09, 2013
Water ko water ni, all this useless pure water every were that causes Typhoid fever n Typhoid fever is very dangerous, na urine I go de drink now. Very good for body even if u take poison n then drink it, nothingg will happen...............off with container 2 look for who de we-we now.
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Sissie(f): 9:21pm On Aug 09, 2013
Maintaining a healthy life style is important, carbonated drinks isn't good for the skin. If you want a glowing skin stay of soda.

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by finalstep: 9:38pm On Aug 09, 2013
Oga do walk with nafdac, to ascertain what u are saying. Are u a medical personel pls the advice should be "don't take it much" rather than casting the product.
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by biafranqueen: 9:39pm On Aug 09, 2013
Annibiteye: All u pple saying wetin una go dey drink, I adviced you to go for water. Somebody said water is not sweet. Don't you know that it is sweet things that kills? At 35yrs, one should desist totally from taking sugary foods. If u're close to 35, start cutting down your sugar intake now, so that it will be easy to totally abstain from such as from 35yrs. It only requires self discipline. A word is enough for the wise. Live heathy!
Good advise and to those claiming your great great great grandparents live long why not your parents or grandparents? Incewdible logic embarassed I know my grandmother over 100 does not drink soda ask your grandparents what they parents drank back then rain caught water, stream water( which is now polluted unfortunately)coconut water and squeezing orange in mouth. Like others mention moderation is the key, but hey if you wanna give doctors all your money at 60 na my biz just want to share knowledge. Thanks for the comments!
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by biafranqueen: 9:40pm On Aug 09, 2013
finalstep: Oga do walk with nafdac, to ascertain what u are saying. Are u a medical personel pls the advice should be "don't take it much" rather than casting the product.
As I wrote
Occasional consumption of soda pop, in moderation, may not pose any health risk. However, the extent to which people have started consuming these beverages nowadays is a big reason to worry. Youngsters fall for soda pop due to its great taste, but unknowingly drag themselves towards several health problems.
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by AMACRITY(f): 9:45pm On Aug 09, 2013
point of correction @ op. U eat to live n not live to eat.

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by biafranqueen: 9:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
Just because I wrote that I have not drank it in over a decade that is me, I also don't eat meat but don't force it on my husband and children, or make them feel bad about it. My husband noticed how his body would feel after eating it and decided on his own to follow me na by force. I am not surprised at the comments, at all, when my mates ask me how they can look like me and I tell them my habits of food and eating,they act like I insult them and keeping the real secret to myself grin
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by biafranqueen: 9:51pm On Aug 09, 2013
AMACRITY: point of correction @ op. U eat to live n not live to eat.
Thanks my Dear what a mess up embarassed
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Smooyis(m): 9:55pm On Aug 09, 2013
In summary, every action has a reaction. Moderation is the watchword!

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Sureboy411: 10:01pm On Aug 09, 2013
You have virtually mentioned every available drinks both the alcoholic n non alcoholic..

What should we drink @op
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by ayd91(m): 10:05pm On Aug 09, 2013
berem: Noted! anytime i have a visitors in my house, I'll simply offer them water. shikena!

that's trouble o... Simply offer them the array of drinks with the option of water. Strange its like chasing between life and death.

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by justt: 10:34pm On Aug 09, 2013
Stop using ur money to buy what will kill you! What you don't know may be killing you. A word, they say, is enough for the wise, hope u are one.

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by biafranqueen: 10:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
Sureboy411: You have virtually mentioned every available drinks both the alcoholic n non alcoholic..

What should we drink @op
I drink water mostly, bitter leaf tea or mint with almond milk/soy, coconut water, and blended fruits(banana, mango, pineapple, orange) or fresh squeezed orange. [b]Moderation is the key [/b]when I go to parties I sip wine or Bailey's but that is once or twice a month, and one glass has me high. Water is the best squeeze orange in it if you need to sweeten it. Trust me you will get use to it after a while, I use to drink Soda in secondary school. Fruits have plenty of sugar that your body recognizes
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Sike(m): 10:51pm On Aug 09, 2013
I tire for una O! *gulps water*
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by laplace19(m): 11:08pm On Aug 09, 2013
emmysenior: These days, water does it for me. No need for gaseous substances in my system henceforth.

I even discovered that foods with preservatives are generally dangerous. Fresh and unadulterated foods/meats (chickens, not in cans, but live ones. And even meats) no beef too....

Even instant rumens (noodles) i.e indomie are dangerous to health too... I also learnt they cause cancer and kidney disease too, cos of the percentage of sodium and other harmful chemicals in em
. Me wey dey chop am since,I don die? You are not just protecting your health,rather,you are confused..
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Ninilowo(m): 11:28pm On Aug 09, 2013
Lilimax: Take water instead of soft drink; it is more healthy.
Omi kii lo lenu bi oti. Water no dey flow for mouth like all these drinks o jare.
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Witwicky(m): 11:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
...Okada drop me here....

....@ oga op I c u...
...My oga @ d top I c u...

...Tnks to d makers of alomo bitters,yoyo bitters...

....#leaves thread to go continue ma bottle of coke
_.._..,_,_
( )
]~,"-.-~[
.=])' (; ([
| ]:: ' [
'=]): .) ([
|:: ' |
~~----~~
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Witwicky(m): 11:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
grin grin grin....
......Joins d thread...

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by adconline(m): 11:57pm On Aug 09, 2013
Naija bigmanism. Sugary drinks are for big boys and girls. Water is for poor peeps. Same way middle class and rich folks go to fast food and order junks while the struggling class goes to market and buys organic food to cook. A cousin who doesn't drink wine because of his faith can drink 2 packs of Chivita juice after a meal.
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by trolling(m): 12:57am On Aug 10, 2013
greatgod2012: WATER still remain the best and most healthy drink to take anytime, anywhere.

the water wey we dey drink here dey flouridated,so i brg to differ
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by trolling(m): 1:15am On Aug 10, 2013
Ishilove:
Haba, indomie again? Which kind of wahala is this sef? Mscheew. We give up! angry
idomie seasonings,maggi,ajinomoto, contains msg,which is harmful to health

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by trolling(m): 1:17am On Aug 10, 2013
u guys should know that food is being used as a weapon of mass destruction and depopulation,this is why some countries ban Gmo foods in their country by Mosanto,even kenya rejected Mosanto's gmo foods

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Revolva(m): 1:32am On Aug 10, 2013
Omo na one thing go kill a man jare....i beg i beg i neg ..make we hear word..make i no sip coke n redbull again or if i wan climb babe make i no sip powerhorse..una no want make i win..the fight...

as for coke.i dont drink too much minerals.sef..i go with alomo..gbam
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Kuchilo: 2:05am On Aug 10, 2013
I guess my urine chilled in my fridge is going 2 be my daily drink.More donors plz apply.
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Brite02(m): 3:17am On Aug 10, 2013
If Ɣou addictive to the afore-mentioned drinks, Ɣou can start by helping yourself to be drinking squeazed (bitterleaf, scentleaf, otasileaf) water...if Ɣou can, it helps to reduce amount of sugar intakes in the body...least I forget exercises are very necessary too

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by EbirichBen(m): 3:51am On Aug 10, 2013
Atleast the POOR can Offer the RICH some H2O.... No more Soft or High Drinks cheesy

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by biafranqueen: 4:19am On Aug 10, 2013
Brite02: If Ɣou addictive to the afore-mentioned drinks, Ɣou can start by helping yourself to be drinking squeazed (bitterleaf, scentleaf, otasileaf) water...if Ɣou can, it helps to reduce amount of sugar intakes in the body...least I forget exercises are very necessary too
kiss kiss

Pastor Prosper Obum Igboke Commits Suicide, Jumps Down Storey-Building / My Fiancée Has Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), She Is Always In Pains / Panic As Nigerian Lady Leaves Suicidal Notes On Facebook