Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water (67330 Views)

Energy Drinks Cause High Blood Pressure, Doctor Warns / Mixing Alcohol With Energy Drinks Can Raise Risk Of Heart Problems / American Soda And Nigerian Soft Drinks(coke, Fanta, Ect), Which Has More Sugar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by biafranqueen: 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2013
trolling: dont complain when you have those frequent headaches because msg will do that to you,its called sweet misery,wetin dey sweet dey kill,aspartame in your chewing gums and other food products is toxic to health,i use seasonings but without the msg,just read the label,you can use thyme,curry,garlic,ginger,rosemary,soy,parsley,paprika etc to season your food like i said those toxic chemicals put in our food is designed for world depopulation,u wonder why cancer is on the rise,you wonder why many fall ill and eventually kpeme its all in the plan to depopulate the world,the wicked elite's goal is to depopulate the world thru vaccines,food,manufactured epidemics,world wars etc
wow I'm impressed very knowledgeable cheesy
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by trolling(m): 5:21pm On Aug 10, 2013
biafranqueen: wow I'm impressed very knowledgeable cheesy
thanks and i see the same in you,we are in the information age,so ignorance shouldnt be bliss.

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by biafranqueen: 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2013
trolling: pour some coke on a rusted or corroded car battery and watch the chemical reaction,now imagine that in your intestine,i drink soda,but its very seldom
Correct! Coke has other good uses, the acid in mineral/soda is a great house hold cleaner. It can clean your toilet to spotless white, clean oil stains from your driveway, soak your burnt pan for 10 minutes watch it become brand new. Clean the engine of your car( it really does this and your engine will be brand new looking)removes grease and blood stains from clothes,(ladies great for that time of the month if accident happens wink)

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Ishilove: 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2013
trolling: dont complain when you have those frequent headaches because msg will do that to you,its called sweet misery,wetin dey sweet dey kill,aspartame in your chewing gums and other food products is toxic to health,i use seasonings but without the msg,just read the label,you can use thyme,curry,garlic,ginger,rosemary,soy,parsley,paprika etc to season your food like i said those toxic chemicals put in our food is designed for world depopulation,u wonder why cancer is on the rise,you wonder why many fall ill and eventually kpeme its all in the plan to depopulate the world,the wicked elite's goal is to depopulate the world thru vaccines,food,manufactured epidemics,world wars etc
Are you a fan of Vigilant Citizen?
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Ishilove: 5:35pm On Aug 10, 2013
trolling: thanks and i see the same in you,we are in the information age,so ignorance shouldnt be bliss.
So what are you feeling like now? tongue
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Ishilove: 5:37pm On Aug 10, 2013
biafranqueen: Correct! Coke has other good uses, the acid in mineral/soda is a great house hold cleaner. It can clean your toilet to spotless white, clean oil stains from your driveway, soak your burnt pan for 10 minutes watch it become brand new. Clean the engine of your car( it really does this and your engine will be brand new looking)removes grease and blood stains from clothes,(ladies great for that time of the month if accident happens wink)
So instead of drinking coke I should use it to wash pant and toilet? Ko joh, mehn grin

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by trolling(m): 5:45pm On Aug 10, 2013
Ishilove:
Are you a fan of Vigilant Citizen?
yup,im conversant with the website,u can call me a fan,it exposes the music industry,make i no derail the thread before biafranqueen shows me the biafra in her cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by trolling(m): 5:54pm On Aug 10, 2013
Ishilove:
So what are you feeling like now? tongue
maybe i should be feeling like ishi the Literate,read some of your literature cool
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Ishilove: 6:21pm On Aug 10, 2013
trolling: maybe i should be feeling like ishi the Literate,read some of your literature cool
Thank you for reading smiley
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by trolling(m): 6:26pm On Aug 10, 2013
Ishilove:
Thank you for reading smiley
u welucome
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by brightlomo(m): 9:39pm On Aug 10, 2013
H2o no get enemy.

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by Heartscry(m): 10:14pm On Aug 10, 2013
Rooneyboy: Nice write up dear, indeed, the rate @ which people consume these drinks is so frightening.

My twin bro and elder sis are total addicts,(taking @least a bottle of coke each time they have a meal)
I don't know how to talk them into coming out of this deadly habit.

.......Why I'm even more frightened is because diabetes challenges runs in the family.
They need deliverance.
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by haseenoluv: 9:36am On Aug 11, 2013
Thanks for you contribution

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by meggy4real: 7:28pm On Aug 11, 2013
Those drinking raw bitterleaves are destroying their liver because it contain iron 3 that that is difficult for the liver to break down thereby stressing the liver,please boil ur bitterleave water abit befor drinking it please, don't destroy ur liver and kidney, life no get duplicate

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by biafranqueen: 3:39am On Aug 12, 2013
trolling: yup,im conversant with the website,u can call me a fan,it exposes the music industry,make i no derail the thread before biafranqueen shows me the biafra in her cheesy
I got nothing but love 4 ya kiss
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by biafranqueen: 3:41am On Aug 12, 2013
meggy4real:
Those drinking raw bitterleaves are destroying their liver because it contain iron 3 that that is difficult for the liver to break down thereby stressing the liver,please boil ur bitterleave water abit befor drinking it please, don't destroy ur liver and kidney, life no get duplicate
Yes you have to boil it sorry if I did not mention that I clean it like you do for soup until the white foamy stuff stops and boil it for 30 minutes. Thank you for bringing that up kiss
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by biafranqueen: 3:44am On Aug 12, 2013
Ishilove:
So instead of drinking coke I should use it to wash pant and toilet? Ko joh, mehn grin
In case you don't wanna waste the one in your fridge grin
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by biafranqueen: 3:44am On Aug 12, 2013
haseenoluv: Thanks for you contribution
Thanks for taking the time to read it cheesy
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by otodeluxe(m): 7:10am On Aug 12, 2013
biafranqueen: When ever you visit someones house the first thing they offer you is soda/mineral water. These drinks are harmful to your health and researhers have linked them to Kidney problems. These sugary drinks also contribute to diabetes/sugar disease. Every single person I know that has diabetes or kidney problems consumed these drinks daily. On top of soda some even consume beer and other alcoholic beverages which further strains your kidney. I was astonished on seeing the amount of sugar people put in tea and pap All of these take a toll on your body. Please eat to live not live to eat!

Back to soda and energy drinks I have pointed out dangers and added credible articles below:

Type 2 Diabetes
Owing to the presence of large amounts of sugar, soda pop beverages and energy drinks are capable of increasing the risk of developing type 2 diabetes in individuals. Since obesity and diabetes are related to each other, obese people consuming soft drinks on a daily basis are susceptible to develop insulin resistance. When a can of soft drink is consumed, sugar is directly poured into the blood stream and the pancreas has to produce more insulin to metabolize the sugars. Long-term consumption reduces the insulin-producing capacity of the pancreas, thus disrupting the regulation of sugars in the body, ultimately leading to diabetes.

Kidney Problems
Studies suggest that consumption of soda pop also leads to the development of kidney problems like reduced kidney function and kidney stones. Researchers inferred that women who drank more than 2 cans of diet soda everyday had reduced kidney function over a time span of 20 years, which was thrice the rate of reduction in women who did not consume it. Formation of kidney stones is triggered by the depletion of calcium from bones, leading to the formation of calcium stones in the kidneys.

Cardiovascular Problems
Obese and diabetic individuals who do not control the intake of soda pop are highly susceptible to develop cardiac problems like high blood pressure, arrhythmia s, and other vascular problems. Studies have also revealed that people who consumed only one can of diet soda per day had 20 percent increased risk of suffering a heart attack over a time span of 22 years. This shows that heart problems are not particular to sweeten or diet soda pop, and can occur with excessive intake of any of these.

Caffeine Addiction
Caffeine, being a mild stimulant, brings about a feeling of well-being when consumed. Since it is a component of soda pop, people consume significant quantities of it when they drink 3-4 cans of the beverage every day. Daily consumption of soda develops into an addiction due to caffeine's mild addictive nature, and people start suffering from withdrawal symptoms like headache, irritation, etc., when the daily dose is not consumed.

Occasional consumption of soda pop, in moderation, may not pose any health risk. However, the extent to which people have started consuming these beverages nowadays is a big reason to worry. Youngsters fall for soda pop due to its great taste, but unknowingly drag themselves towards several health problems. Awareness of these dangers must be spread to people all over, and sessions must be held to teach people how to stop drinking soda pop. Few measures like drinking water or other substitutes, like iced tea, juice or flavored water frequently, will curb the desire to drink soda pop and take a person towards the healthy path of life.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/18/health/jampolis-dangers-drinking-soda
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2181290/Having-seen-evidence-I-dont-touch-fizzy-drinks-Frankly-theyre-evil.html
http://www.kidneyfailureweb.com/kidney-failure-diet/167.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/25/health-risks-energy-drinks_n_2009529.html

Really informative! Its true 'cause I've been there before. Now how about lucozade boost and ribena and
Do you mind if I share this on my blog.

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by chudyboy05(m): 7:53am On Aug 12, 2013
What about biscuit;pls?
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by fridayJ1(m): 9:43am On Aug 12, 2013
Its unfortunate that addicts are ignorant of the negative consequences of mineral/soft drink. This is one of the kind of posta that makes
Nairaland the Ogbonge....

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by biafranqueen: 6:53am On Aug 15, 2013
otodeluxe:

Really informative! Its true 'cause I've been there before. Now how about lucozade boost and ribena and
Do you mind if I share this on my blog.
please do my pleasure
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by biafranqueen: 6:57am On Aug 15, 2013
fridayJ1: Its unfortunate that addicts are ignorant of the negative consequences of mineral/soft drink. This is one of the kind of posta that makes
Nairaland the Ogbonge....
yes quite unfortunate that this addiction is killing them slowly without any repercussions from law. Well I take that back the repercussions is bad health that they sentence themselves to death in the long run! sad
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by friyo1: 9:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
I ve something boldering in mind , is alchol good 4 man, since coke is bad
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by druid06(m): 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2013
Only broke niggaz would say water is the best drink like nigga WTF

Right now, I'm having a jug of beer made for four.

Diluting my beer with red bull energy drink..

I'm planning on topping it with some soda and mineral waters.

I'm eating straight of the can food tonight.

I'm ending my day with a packet of cigarettes.

And waking up the next morning with a cup of coffee and some cigarettes and I'm still alive and healthy like a boss cool cool cool.

Fucck what science says, no ones controls how I live but me.

P.S: Do the direct opposite of what I wrote if you want to live long..
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by marocious(f): 10:13pm On Aug 29, 2013
A word is enough for the wise, cool he who has ears, let him hear
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by texanomaly(f): 10:41pm On Aug 29, 2013
druid06:

Fucck what science says, no ones controls how I live but me.

P.S: Do the direct opposite of what I wrote if you want to live long..
Hahahaha...
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by druid06(m): 11:05pm On Aug 29, 2013
texanomaly:
Hahahaha...

grin grin
Re: The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water by EbenezerTriumph: 8:24pm On Apr 02, 2021
Rooneyboy:
Nice write up dear, indeed, the rate @ which people consume these drinks is so frightening.

My twin bro and elder sis are total addicts,(taking @least a bottle of coke each time they have a meal)
I don't know how to talk them into coming out of this deadly habit.

.......Why I'm even more frightened is because diabetes challenges runs in the family.
are they still taking it and how are they now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Prosper Obum Igboke Commits Suicide, Jumps Down Storey-Building / My Fiancée Has Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), She Is Always In Pains / Panic As Nigerian Lady Leaves Suicidal Notes On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.