Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? (19764 Views)

Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK / Which Of These Books Have You Read ? / Best African Author: Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by Ekans: 6:27pm On Sep 06, 2013
Why is the name HAROLD ROBINS not here?
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by livingstoneony(m): 6:28pm On Sep 06, 2013
John grisham- the client, the brethren, the run away bride, a painted house, pelican breif, the jury. some of them like pelican breif and the client were use for movies, which I have seen.#
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by ferociouz(m): 6:31pm On Sep 06, 2013
Michael Crichton. I've read almost all of his books.
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by SBabaJ(m): 6:31pm On Sep 06, 2013
adeaugustus:
Am a fan too!!! Mafia things
Yes., The Dons, The Caporegimes, The Soldiers, And The Sicilian Anecdotes Makes For Pleasurable Reading Any Day....My Best Is The Godfather Followed Closely By The Family....Yours?

1 Like

Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by joanana(f): 6:31pm On Sep 06, 2013
SIDNEY SHELDON!!! ALL HIS COLLECTIONS! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I MISS YOU SIDNEY
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by bknight: 6:31pm On Sep 06, 2013
Agatha Christie
James Hadley Chase
Dan Brown

1 Like

Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by ume(m): 6:33pm On Sep 06, 2013
ken follett code to zero
stephen king neeful things,
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by nuelkaosi(m): 6:34pm On Sep 06, 2013
James Hadley Chase... I so love that guy.

1 Like

Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by christaddicted: 6:35pm On Sep 06, 2013
KENNETH HAGIN
ROBERT LIARDON
RICK WARREN
ANDREW MURRAY
MUNROE
ROBERT GREENE
T.D JAKES
JUANITA BYNUM

1 Like

Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by OmoKhary(f): 6:35pm On Sep 06, 2013
Judith mcnaught(damn! she writes romance novels like hell)
Ian flemming(sucker for anything James bond)
Victoria Holt(i looove her)

1 Like

Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by brianromel(m): 6:36pm On Sep 06, 2013
Hmm lets see where to begin.

during the days of hard cover i read some of
Michael Crithin
Jeffrey Archer
John Grisham
Stephen King
Dan Brown
Tom Clancy

Books i could find, You should se my family way back in 04 we had books coming out of everyones ears, were we would sit behind my elder bro and in lantern light read with him.

Now as i said that was the age of Hard Cover,
We moved to soft copies in 08
epub,mobi,lit and txt format books

And LO the world of novels opened before us.

Will never forget the day my bro came home with a dvd disc of about 3mb containing all books currently of 09 of all known authors from fiction to sci fi to romance.

at that point we were wolving down a novel per 2 days.

last year january i read and finished
Jordan RR Martins " A song of Ice and Fire: book 1-5 ( for those of you that don't know this book, its a series now called " The Game of Thrones").
A i have been waiting for book 6 since.

For those who like sci fi like me i would recommend
David Webber's Books
The Honor Harrington Series Book 1-12
The Starfire series: Book 1-4(Especially book 3"On death grounds" and 4" Shiva's Option"wink
Or check out
Safehold: Book 1-5("currently still waiting for book six, suppose to be out next january 14th"wink

Cant count how many novels and authors i have read this year,From The wheel of time: Book 1-12 to,
currently reading

Erickson Stevenson's Book

The Malazan book of the fallen: Book 1-10(on book 9, started reading since may)

Previous before that i finaly finished the Death Gate series and another lovely book Beligarath

So now some of you will ask where i get all this books i read without paying a dime.
a simple google search with this

(intitle:index.of? mobi "Kindle"wink

Depending on the book reader your using, change the mobi to what ever format you use. e.g replace mobi with epub or lit or txt,then state the name of the author you are looking for. e.g replace kindle with "author name or book name"

see the links google gives you, open the links and select your book and download.

This is for people on bb or android who use mobi reader,ireader,moon reader or kindle.

Thats all.

2 Likes

Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by SBabaJ(m): 6:36pm On Sep 06, 2013
omartins: CYPRIAN EKWENSI
AND
D. O. FAGUNWA.
Ogboju Ode Ninu Igbo Irunmole... By D.O. Fagunwa Translated By Wole Soyinka As "The Forest Of A Thousand Daemons". The Book Is A Great And Humorous Read...His Characters Are Always Unique.
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
Stephen King
Robert Ludlum
James Hardley Chase
Dennis Koontz

Love them all!
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by slamstan(m): 6:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
FILEBE: I'v read almost all MICHEAL CHRICTON. if not all.
DAN BROWN. i'v read his book.
JOHN GRISHAM. i'm yet to know which of his books i have not read

What about Grisham's The painted house? I got a copy yesterday, read the first two chapters, then drop it cause its kinda boring
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by FILEBE(m): 6:40pm On Sep 06, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

I found them interesting. It's always healthy to experience the other side of life....or in this case, death.

Good for you o. I find that guy too evil for my liking. Or what do you think about him?
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by ceasare: 6:40pm On Sep 06, 2013
While growing up i ve read almost all the title from african writers series such as SISI by yemi sijiade,blood bath at lobster close,evbu my lover cant remember the rest graduated to JAMES HADLEY CHASE-i ve read all his works,my mum is a collector of hadley chase works she has a box filled of his novels.
Read all of JEFFREY ARCHER's work he is a master storyteller,same for sydney sheldon.couple of jackin collins,agatha christie-i respect her narrative she is a writing diva.
Robert lidlum is cool

1 Like

Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by kolamaster: 6:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
John Grisham legal thriller
Dean koontz horror fictions
Frederick Forsyth crime thriller
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by ifyroberts(f): 6:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
Danielle steel
Mary higgins clark
Sidney sheldon
I can do anything to get a book wit those author's names on d cover. Just dat nowadays d internet has made me lazy especially when it cms to readin novels
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by ume(m): 6:42pm On Sep 06, 2013
Helen ovbiagele
james hardly chase
agbo ero
chimamada adichie
jomo kennyata
cyprian ekwensi
richard wrghit
peter eberahams
christopher okigbo
ngugiwa thiongo
dawn brown
babara carthland
wole syonyika
chinue achebe
odumegwu ojukwu
alexander maduebo
elechi amadi
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by druid06(m): 6:42pm On Sep 06, 2013
I love detective novels.

It's James Hadley Chase and Robert Patterson for me.
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by Google63(m): 6:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
pumpingmachine: Dele Ashade, we all know why
lol! JAMB things!
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by FILEBE(m): 6:44pm On Sep 06, 2013
y-fo:

blimey...? someone's been reading some english novels wink

wetin man pickin go do ? Na them colonize us na. Abi na?
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by TiffanyJ(f): 6:45pm On Sep 06, 2013
Sidney sheldon, Catherine coulter, Johannah Lindsey, Mario Puzo and John Grisham
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by jethro2: 6:45pm On Sep 06, 2013
1. Pacessetter series eg Undesirable Element, Evbu my Love, The Cyclist and co. 2.James Hadley Chase series, uncountable. 3. Sidney Sheldon, 4. D. O Fagunwa : Ogboju Ode ninu Igbo Irunmole and co 5. Chinua Achebe : Things fall apart and others Ola Rotimi, Ben Carson: Gifted Hands. Robert Kiyosaki, Jackie Collins : Hollywood husband, Hollywood wives and others. Mills and Boon Series : uncountable. Macbeth, Daniel Steel, Wole Soyinka, Cyprian Ekwensi, and lots lots more

1 Like

Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by SBabaJ(m): 6:47pm On Sep 06, 2013
ajanaku2:

D.O Fagunwa's "Ogboju Ode Ninu Igbo Irunmole" is an absolute Masterpiece...

As skilled and talented as Soyinka is, I think his English-language translation of the Novel, "The Forest of A Thousand Demons" didn't perfectly depict what Fagunwa had in mind...

Back to topic...I've read Grisham the most; and My best Grisham Novel is actually his first, "A time to kill"...What a Fiction!
I Agree With You, Soyinka Himself Acknowledged How Difficult It Was In The Foreword. Interestingly, The Book Is The First Full Novel To Be Published In Yoruba Language.
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by Google63(m): 6:48pm On Sep 06, 2013
Max Lucado
John Grisham
Chinua Achebe
Sidney Sheldon
Chimamanda Adichie
Robin Cook...

2 Likes

Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by sacasa: 6:50pm On Sep 06, 2013
mkmyers45: Karl Max

James Hadley Chase

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Rene Descartes
ted dekker, blink, when heaven weeps. Thunders of heaven. Nick turse kill any thing that moves.
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by ceasare: 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2013
I ve read most of john grisham novels he is a medicre writer hs works are stereotypes ,monitonous and predictive i like d law backgrd though.micheal crighton's jurassic park n congo where ok but d third 1 cant remember d title but its a sci-fi novel was boring.tom clancy is okay too.love frederick forsythes's dogs of war d most, i ve read most of hs works too he is in d class of archer too.
9ja writers duff my heart 4 chinua achebe,cyprian ekwensi-passport of malllam.illiah,a most read;odia ofeimun,helon habila and couple of others that ve read their books.
I just cant let anything goes so far as its readable be it mesicine,war(almost 4gt art of war by mao tse tsun),
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by chygoz3(m): 6:54pm On Sep 06, 2013
Dan Brown - All his books
Sandra Brown
Nora Roberts
Mary Higgins Clark
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by Ediss(m): 6:54pm On Sep 06, 2013
Not even one novel have I read except blue films O my God this is end time,I didn't add things o.
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by Google63(m): 6:54pm On Sep 06, 2013
slamstan:

What about Grisham's The painted house? I got a copy yesterday, read the first two chapters, then drop it cause its kinda boring
Don't drop The Painted House abeg.. Its one of the most humorous books I've ever read.. You'll really enjoy it
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
Taiwo Iredele Odubiyi......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Broken Heart*** / GOOD GUY AT 23 / Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.