Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? (19756 Views)

Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK / Which Of These Books Have You Read ? / Best African Author: Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by DrMuzungu(m): 7:51pm On Sep 06, 2013
Most?

Sir Arthur C. Clarke (I think, all of his books)
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by SOLARPOWER1(f): 7:52pm On Sep 06, 2013
I have mostly read books by Kenneth E. Hagin(Snr), E. W Kenyon, David O. Oyedepo e.t.c. And I think one of the most inspiring and life changing book I have read is by George S. Clason titled: "The richest man in Babylon. I advise every young man to go for this book.
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by sweetguy10(m): 7:52pm On Sep 06, 2013
Dan brown - read all his works from Inferno to The lost symbol
James patterson -(Kiss the girls my favorite)
Richard Matheson- ( always wonder what kinda childhood this guy must have through)
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by chygoz3(m): 7:53pm On Sep 06, 2013
Crixina: I totally understand,try digital fortress too,that guy is just too much.
Ive read all his books.

1 Like

Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 06, 2013
T. Lobsang Rampa

1 Like

Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
Mario puzo, Bob gass, John Grisham
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
Lee Child - have read all 18 Jack Reacher series (my favourite fictional character), and some short stories.
Stephen King, have read more than fifteen.
Dunno how many James H Chase I read in secondary school.
Not forgetting Robert (papa Jason Bourne) Ludlum. The first big novel I read in my JS3.The Chancellor Manuscript (unofficially borrowed it from the library and didn't return it. I'm sorry Mrs. librarian).
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by jadepinkett(f): 8:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
Johanna Lindsay
Judith Mcnaught
Christine Feehan
Elizabeth Lowell
J.K.Rowlings
David Eddings
Iris Johansen
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by GatJokez(f): 8:05pm On Sep 06, 2013
Isaac Asimov - sci fi
J.R.R. Tolkien - fantasy
Robert Jordan (Wheel of Time) - fantasy
and later Brandon Sanderson(his own books and Wheel of Time) after Robert passed away.
Terry Goodkind (Sword of Truth) - fantasy
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 06, 2013
John Grisham cool

1 Like

Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 06, 2013
Frank Peretti
CS Lewis
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by joanpinkie(f): 8:07pm On Sep 06, 2013
Bartha M clay ( beyond pardon and married for her beauty)
James hadley chase , most of his novels
Sidney sheldon
Grisham
Nora robberts

Local
Chinua Achebe
Elechi amadi((the concubine)
Chukwuemeka ike
Flora nwapa(women r different)
Chimamanda adichie
Ngugi
Ifeoma okoye
And lots of others

1 Like

Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by vulpeslopez(m): 8:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
Jackie Collins
Danielle Steel
Sidney sheldon
Mario Puzo
John Grisham~love JG read all of his novel besides PAINTED HOUSE,I love the PARTNERs,RUNAWAY JURY,The FIRM,PELICAN BRIEF,TIME TO KILL,The APPEAL,The BROKER,The ASSOCIATE,The CLIENT and KING OF TORTS.The TESTAMENT was amusin at first then boring,STREET LAWYER,The LAST JUROR,TheSUMMONS,The BRETHREN,The RAINMAKER and The CHAMBERS were all waste of Time and Money.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
I've read all the harry porters, Dan Brown (save for the most recent), at least 4 David Baldacci, 5 Jonathan Kellerman and 4 Faye kellerman, maybe 5 James Patterson. 4 Robert Ludlum... Sorry I can't count how many James Hardley Chase I've read.... Wait make I count the rest.. Ok, 3 Mariah Stewart.

Wait oº°˚!! Like 7 John Grisham.
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 06, 2013
JRR Tolkien.
Robert Ludlum.
JH Chase.
Leon Uris.
Dean Koontz.
Chinua Achebe.
Wole Soyinka
Sidney Sheldon.
Lopsan Ranpat.
Stephen King.
Jk Rowling.
Mario Puzo.
William Shakespeare.
King James Bible.
Qur'an
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by MightyFortress: 8:16pm On Sep 06, 2013
My favourite books include
The Daily Sun, The Punch, The Vanguard, The Guardian, Thisday, Daily Independent, Daily Mirror, Tell, Hints, Hearts, Reader's Digest.
Other thrillers I've read include
1. A Tale Of Two Boobs, by Cossy Orjiakor Dickens
2. A Decent Old Man and The Sea by Charlie Boy Oputa Hemingway.
3. Skins Fall Apart, By Tonto Dike Achebe
4. The Woman Died, by Patience Jonathan Soyinka.
When I remember the rest, i'l post them.
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by joanpinkie(f): 8:18pm On Sep 06, 2013
Bartha M clay ( beyond pardon and married for her beauty)
James hadley chase , most of his novels
Sidney sheldon
Grisham
Nora robberts
Maro puzo
Dan brown
Charles Dickens
Jeoffery archer
Ferdrick forsyth

Local
Chinua Achebe
Wole soyinka
Elechi amadi((the concubine)
Chukwuemeka ike
Flora nwapa(women r different)
Chimamanda adichie
Ngugi
Ifeoma okoye
Cyprian ekwensi
And lots of others

1 Like

Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by mufutau55(m): 8:20pm On Sep 06, 2013
Can someone still get the books of James Hardley Chase? Even the digital versions. Please let me know where and how. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by Nakairogold(f): 8:25pm On Sep 06, 2013
Sidney sheldon,
James hadley chase most of his books,
Michael palmer,
Robbin cook,
John Grisham almost all his books,
Chinua Achebe

1 Like

Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by AKONE(m): 8:25pm On Sep 06, 2013
Myles Munroe
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by Namiad(m): 8:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
Robert kiyosaki-financial books..author of the popular 'rich dad poor dad' and many others...thats all i like studying
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 06, 2013
ENID BLYTON.....lol...
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by MumyGO(f): 8:36pm On Sep 06, 2013
Elxandre: Hello people. I would like for us to talk about which authors books we have read up the most. ** I read alot of stuff. Books, novels, magazines, anything written down. lol cheesy I have read at least twelve (12) james hadley chase novels. This is my sister's fault anyway. She's always bringing these guy's novels home and i end up reading them. ** So lets hear yours..
JOHN GRISHAM(my best) James Hadley Chase and Pacesetter series
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by kabba7(m): 8:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
rederick forsyth
I guess that was the rebel leader Odumegu Ojukwu's war time friend & adviser , He too made some reasonable money from the Biafran misadvebture
He probably is German.
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by femmy2010(m): 8:42pm On Sep 06, 2013
Certainly john grisham.

1 Like

Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by Flygeriansteve: 8:46pm On Sep 06, 2013
I mostly read classics but I've also read some from contemporary writers
Shakespeare(all)
Bernard Shaw
John Fowles
Conan Doyle
Agatha Christie
John Grisham
Jonathan Saintlofer
Stephen King etc
local: Wole Soyinka, Elechi Amadi, Chinua Achebe, Festus Iyayi, author of Bottled Leopard, JP Clark, Ola Rotimi, Chimamanda etc.
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by siobahn: 8:50pm On Sep 06, 2013
Nora Roberts, Robert Greene, Ted Dekker, John Maxwell, Sidney Sheldon, Zig Ziglar, Judith Mcnaught, Sweet Valley High wink
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by achi4u(m): 8:50pm On Sep 06, 2013
me na :
gifted hand-Ben Carson
Undesirable element -Muhammad Sule
Things fall apart -chinua Achebe.
Why ask why-John Mason
Soul on ice-Eldrigde Cleverer
The black boy-Richard Wright.
Dizzy Angle -Mrs. Osifo
Zambia must be free -Kenneth Kaunda
Black hermit -ngugi wa'thiong
Dreams of my father -Barak Obama.
Why we lost the war-major Gen. Madu Ebo

infact man pikini don read small grin

1 Like

Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by SterlingTowers(m): 8:52pm On Sep 06, 2013
I read most of what all the posters above read during my post secondary years and graduated to much profound literatures like Victor Hugo- Les Miserable, virtually all of Thomas Hardy's works Jude the Obscure was outstanding though, D.H Lawrence women in love, Doestovesky, The Idiots, Karamarazov brothers, crime and punishment, vanity fair, Albert Camus-the strangers, war and peace- leo Tolstoy, Bronte sisters, Forsythe saga, Iliad, Claudius the God, Aeneid, History of the Thirteen, Old goriot by Honore De Balzac, Conan Doyle complete collection of sherlock Holmes... the list is virtually endless but of all Les Miserable blew me away.
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by Emilord(m): 8:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
Agatha Cristie

Camara Laye

Chinua Achebe
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by danbdavid: 8:57pm On Sep 06, 2013
Rev. Kenyon
in his present, d father and his family, wht hapen frm d thrown to d cross advance bible study,
Re: Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? by achi4u(m): 8:57pm On Sep 06, 2013
Mighty Fortress: My favourite books include
The Daily Sun, The Punch, The Vanguard, The Guardian, Thisday, Daily Independent, Daily Mirror, Tell, Hints, Hearts, Reader's Digest.
Other thrillers I've read include
1. A Tale Of Two Boobs, by Cossy Orjiakor Dickens
2. A Decent Old Man and The Sea by Charlie Boy Oputa Hemingway.
3. Skins Fall Apart, By Tonto Dike Achebe
4. The Woman Died, by Patience Jonathan Soyinka.
When I remember the rest, i'l post them.
ha! oboy u dey vex o!

abeg try remember fast grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Broken Heart*** / GOOD GUY AT 23 / Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.