Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,725 members, 7,827,637 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? (40427 Views)

What Was The Cause Of Your Breakup? / What Was The Reason Behind Your Breakup? / Surviving Your Breakup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by elpatch(m): 4:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
I had to leave the best lady on earth cos of her haemoglobin electrophoresis(genotype) status.she's dead now-complication of her status,but her memory still remain fresh.we parted on apeaceful note but it remains the hardest decision ever.RIP Aweni.

3 Likes

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Ifedechidex: 4:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
Met him last december, we became frnds. Well, he's swt, caring n understandin and intelligent too. U can call him a gud leader also. Bt, later dis yr, he stopd callin as usual. Whenever i try 2 talk 2 him, he'l say he's too bzy wit work, or he has issues with his clien....bla bla bla.... I got tired of callin n promised 2 respect maself even dou i stl fuckin luv him like crazy.... Well, shit happens!!!

2 Likes

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by berryice(f): 4:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
Well mine wuz not my first bf,its abt my first luv,I rilly luved him,went 2 see him in uniport wit my last moni,buh he wuz forming busy bee,wen 2 9t klass 2 read nd left me all alone in his room,I cried lyk a baby,wen I left he stoped kallin me,I jst adviced mysef,dah he dosnt lyk me,nd I wux single 4 a year ,kos he his my first luv,mayb kos he his a medicine std he wuz forming busy*rubbish*am grown naw,dnt tink abt him,even wen I saw him,we jst talked normal as fwends,no hard feelings,buh his room its damn classy sha,evrytin soft cheesy

1 Like

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by pastorprosper(m): 4:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
debbie akin: Read
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Nuzo1(m): 4:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
The only girl I nearly loved showcased an angelic, honest and straightforward character in the beginning. And just as I was trying to commit fully to the relationship, I found out that she's very abusive, dishonest and secretive. I don't blame her cos I don't believe she liked me enough tho.

I was thankful to God I found out earlier cos the next thing on my mind was to marry her immediately!.

Blindly, I was still devastated. For 2 days, I was like a ghost.

Later on, I got to find out that I didn't feel very bad cos I loved her enough....but cos for the first time in my life.....a girl rejected me (thru her bdy language/lies/disrespect).

Most lovers who moan over their lost love do not do so cos they so love their ex so much, but because of rejection. Its human nature. grin

4 Likes

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by pastorprosper(m): 4:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
I think its you who needs to read. What u wrote doesn't make sense.
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by SageOfSixPaths: 4:18pm On Sep 19, 2013
Mods should move the thread to Front Page already.. angry
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by ehizmac: 4:19pm On Sep 19, 2013
Money rules all even luv n relationship..the break-up I experienced from my ex motivates me to be a better person...now the ladies are hustling me... na only poor man dey love

3 Likes

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Ardenjasdo: 4:24pm On Sep 19, 2013
I met this girl during my service year. We were so much in love. It got to a level were she cudn't do without me. After our NYSC, things changed. She got a Banking job before I cud get a job. She then come up with excuses & arguments so as to end d relationship. I knew levels don change cos we are not on d same pace anymore. But I knew my being unemployed is just a matter of time. When she saw I didn't wanna let go, she came to my brother's wedding & embarrased me infront of my friends. That day, the relationship ended. I just cudn't sleep for days. It's 3yrs now and am doing so fine. She still ain't married yet. Some people say she's gonna come back begging. But I don't believe. And I aint waiting.
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2013
I used to be the one saying its over until karma hit me so hard few months ago smiley ahitt ain't funny mehn (earlier this year) I didn't see it coming. I'm pretty sure those females I dumped in the past some via voicemail, voice-note and text experienced worst than myself during the breakups cuz it sure sucks especially those that I didn't give a reason for the breakup.

I didn't cry but I wish I did instead of eating up my inner flesh lol. Even though I had a multiple FWD/RDS it still hurt and I still felt empty and lonely. Then I rather spend my lonely time with a bottle of Ciroc, vodka or any kind of liquor than getting punnny. I didn't tell my friends cuz they'd think I'm kidding, I couldn't tell my mom for 2 reasons #1. because she will be more heartbroken than I am lol #2. I thought I was gonna fix it.

But one thing I didn't do is to beg her to come back or to be with me "NO WAY" I tried to work things out but she seems to be more on undecided side so I had respect her selfish decision.

But the one thing that hurt me so much"then" was she returning all the major gifts that I gave to her during anniversaries..jewelries, gadgets and the car which she loved the most "childish huh" maybe not.

Through it all, I realized that we were two different people in all aspect of life from culture to social personality.

My regret! Getting my family involved into the relationship.. They love too much especially my mom... That babe is sweet.. I mean my mom smiley

Self lesson! I was kinda of dbag sometimes in the relationship, said a few mean things to her which I wish I never did, not because I wished she was still with me rather because It ain't just right no matter what. At least I know better now "hopefully"

Bottom line is, I am happy and I guess she is as well.

I still wish I ended it myself smiley

1 Like

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by ebizswit(f): 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2013
I had all d pains already before d breakup, so d breakup was more of a relief dan pain, though at a time I felt, it was goin to be a whole hell for me to quit, bt I took d bold step, missed our old gud times for sm days, den later found myslf stronger nd happier.... wink

1 Like

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 19, 2013
Damayor12:

Waoh...breaking up cos you were too obsessed shocked... You shoulda talked to someone about it..or Kept some distance... Could Imagine how your Post-Breakup experience went... Love is a bitc.h mehn... embarassed

it was mad.. I still love her till date. I check her fb page once in a week or so.. still checked it before coming on NL.. I almost failed my MBA exams during that period,I cried cried cried.. there was no one to talk to..i had no friends,she was my only friend and sides,who would believe a 25year old professing so much love for a 37year old single mum with 2 kids shocked.... THEY WOULD SAY U GOLD DIGGIN OR U A GIGOLO.. Honestly,I almost ran mad psychologically...

2 Likes

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by blaise26abj(m): 4:57pm On Sep 19, 2013
Ifede chidex: Met him last december, we became frnds. Well, he's swt, caring n understandin and intelligent too. U can call him a gud leader also. Bt, later dis yr, he stopd callin as usual. Whenever i try 2 talk 2 him, he'l say he's too bzy wit work, or he has issues with his clien....bla bla bla.... I got tired of callin n promised 2 respect maself even dou i stl fuckin luv him like crazy.... Well, shit happens!!!

I pray you are not who i think you are shocked

1 Like

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by badmeat(m): 5:01pm On Sep 19, 2013
yuzedo: My story is many.. cry embarassed cry

God wil punish ALL girl worldwild (esept my future wive) amem! angry angry
chief sweetus,grin
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Forwetinnah: 5:01pm On Sep 19, 2013
yuzedo: My story is many.. cry embarassed cry

God wil punish ALL girl worldwild (esept my future wive) amem! angry angry

Naaah, no be only "esept"..na 'especially' your future wife grin wink

3 Likes

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Spartan1203(m): 5:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
She said I was a husband n not a boyfriend. I waz sad cos I knew it all was about me not gallant pocket - wise. now we graduated, doctors. But things have changed. though no matter what I say I'm not over her. #honesttruth
Gavin de graw - not over u.
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by angelseddy(f): 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
The only person I felt bad parting from was my 1st bf. We were so into each other and it was just altruistic then one day he cheated on me and kinda got hooked wit d gal. I felt betrayed n broke up with him though he kept begging. The thg is dis; I felt pain then but more pain now cuz I had somfin good back then n till now I haven't found a man as good as he was. Sometimes I feel regret but again, how does one cope wit a cheat!
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by GSKing: 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
Mine wasnt easy at all. She couldnt imagine getting married and staying with a woman for the rest of her life. She later realised that its a possibility that could happen if she was determined. We are still best of friends though.
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Emilord(m): 5:17pm On Sep 19, 2013
Real men don't love with their hearts but rather with their brains.I ve not been lucky enough to ve dated a real lady.All my ex were sluts so i don't know what it feels like to be loved by a woman.So,i never had any hurtd feeling each time they walked away

NO TIME FOR LOVE

4 Likes

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by emekajeff1(m): 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2013
Breakup Ȋ̝̊̅§ very painful bt its worth it because ℓ̊ wll like 2 say if Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ breakup n Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ didn't feel any pain dat means Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ we're neva in luv wit dat person check U̶̲̥̅̊я̩̥̊ self porperly*i dnt lik 2 rememba mine
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by simigold: 5:24pm On Sep 19, 2013

1 Like

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Infomizer(m): 5:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
She changed. I noticed. I tried to set things straight. She did not cooperate (she says twas cos some people prophesied we'll be better as friends). I started bullshiting her(the sour grapes phenomenon really works). She now wanted me back (the prophecy?). I already lost interest. Still think about her. I thank god we broke up (in retrospect). Nobody is irreplaceable. #endofdiscussion

2 Likes

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Pre10000(f): 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
mehn..dis break up fing ws really bad sha...ws so useless for 2weeks..cudnt eat nor slp..cried all day..lost weight under 24hrs..bt thank God i made it to d oda side...nw my hrt is insured

1 Like

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by lokzie: 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
My case, there was noting I wouldn't do for her. I wanted to actually marry her (she stalled me from telling her parents), there were so many red flags showing her involvement with other guys. Some of you may know the feeling of just wanting a loved one to tell you a lie so you have something to keep telling yourself until you actually believe it - well that happened quite often.

So, I kiss my gf goodnight and 6hrs or so later i'm on a plane to the UK for a short vacation and when I get back, 'we aren't meant to be together' 'one of us may die' and some other silly excuses are the reasons she gives, I thought she just missed me. Fast forward some gifts,3months and enough pleading later, I still didn't get a tangible reason. As I type this, I can only narrow down her reasons to a list of possible 20 reasons. All because she still hasn't told me.

We talk now, I can't hate her because I loved her so much at a point, I think i'll never stop caring about her but I am very rational, if she could do that to me, she could harm me as well.

Now it's almost 2years and i'm over her but now i've become like guys who think that it's 'stupid' to love one girl. That's not the real me, the real me loves whole-heartedly and can trust, I don't believe in having more than a woman it's not about sex or 'conquering' all the ladies but it takes a lifetime to love a woman, that's how my heart is and that wouldn't change but Ladies........ some of you don't know when you have a good man.

7 Likes

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by OmoKhary(f): 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
Emilord: Real men don't love with their hearts but rather with their brains.I ve not been lucky enough to ve dated a real lady.All my ex were sluts so i don't know what it feels like to be loved by a woman.So,i never had any hurtd feeling each time they walked away

NO TIME FOR LOVE
don't you think there is a reason you keep dating sluts?

4 Likes

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by ebizswit(f): 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2013
berryice: Well mine wuz not my first bf,its abt my first luv,I rilly luved him,went 2 see him in uniport wit my last moni,buh he wuz forming busy bee,wen 2 9t klass 2 read nd left me all alone in his room,I cried lyk a baby,wen I left he stoped kallin me,I jst adviced mysef,dah he dosnt lyk me,nd I wux single 4 a year ,kos he his my first luv,mayb kos he his a medicine std he wuz forming busy*rubbish*am grown naw,dnt tink abt him,even wen I saw him,we jst talked normal as fwends,no hard feelings,buh his room its damn classy sha,evrytin soft cheesy
Smh for u, of all its jes his classy room u could tnk about, no luv or care frm him!

1 Like

Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Emilord(m): 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2013
OmoKhary: don't you think there is a reason you keep dating sluts?
i don't fink there is a reason,maybe am not being lucky enough.
U knw because of fake character of some ladies,u dnt even knw which1 is an undercover slut until u r deep relatnship with her
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Kcinho(m): 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2013
GSKing: Mine wasnt easy at all. She couldnt imagine getting married and staying with a woman for the rest of her life. She later realised that its a possibility that could happen if she was determined. We are still best of friends though.
I don't understand. was she a lesbian or something?
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Emilord(m): 5:46pm On Sep 19, 2013
OmoKhary: don't you think there is a reason you keep dating sluts?
i don't fink there is a reason,maybe am not being lucky enough.
U knw because of fake character of some ladies,u dnt even knw which1 is an undercover slut until u r in deep relatnship with her
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by 190: 5:50pm On Sep 19, 2013
REALITY101: I used to be the one saying its over until karma hit me so hard few months ago smiley ahitt ain't funny mehn (earlier this year) I didn't see it coming. I'm pretty sure those females I dumped in the past some via voicemail, voice-note and text experienced worst than myself during the breakups cuz it sure sucks especially those that I didn't give a reason for the breakup.

I didn't cry but I wish I did instead of eating up my inner flesh lol. Even though I had a multiple FWD/RDS it still hurt and I still felt empty and lonely. Then I rather spend my lonely time with a bottle of Ciroc, vodka or any kind of liquor than getting punnny. I didn't tell my friends cuz they'd think I'm kidding, I couldn't tell my mom for 2 reasons #1. because she will be more heartbroken than I am lol #2. I thought I was gonna fix it.

But one thing I didn't do is to beg her to come back or to be with me "NO WAY" I tried to work things out but she seems to be more on undecided side so I had respect her selfish decision.

But the one thing that hurt me so much"then" was she returning all the major gifts that I gave to her during anniversaries..jewelries, gadgets and the car which she loved the most "childish huh" maybe not.

Through it all, I realized that we were two different people in all aspect of life from culture to social personality.

My regret! Getting my family involved into the relationship.. They love too much especially my mom... That babe is sweet.. I mean my mom smiley

Self lesson! I was kinda of dbag sometimes in the relationship, said a few mean things to her which I wish I never did, not because I wished she was still with me rather because It ain't just right no matter what. At least I know better now "hopefully"

Bottom line is, I am happy and I guess she is as well.

I still wish I ended it myself smiley

rotfl

my man henry was actually heartbroken

rotfl
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 19, 2013
190:

rotfl

my man henry was actually heartbroken

rotfl

Screw you Katherine grin
Re: Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? by dverykaka: 5:54pm On Sep 19, 2013
my story hmmmmm dont like talking about it but i will

he was just a friend, we finished from the same uni and the same course but he was ahead of me in class. We attended the same campus fellowship . didnt really feel anything for him at that time. As far as i was concerned he was just a friend and a "churcheous" one at that, not my type. After our first degree we became close . to cut the whole story short, he fell in love with me, i wasnt really interested as i didnt believe in love but his actions and attitude swept me off my feet.

we agreed to get married. since we almost have the same circle of friends everybody was happy for us. i went to meet his people he came to see mine. he was my world, he was perfect in all he did, i loved and respected him like i have never done with any of my ex boyfriends. i was his first and it was so perfect. he works with civil service i worked in a finacial instution but i believed in his future . he was the answer to my prayer. he calls me all the time. most times i even sleep off on him during calls. he comes up with excuses for my faults. he was so in love with me that even a blind man man can see it.

untill that faithful night he called me at night i sensed he was crying i asked him but he wouldnt tell me instead he asked me what will i do if he commits sucide. i was like want will happen to me if you do that he said i shouldnt worry. (am trying so hard to cut this story short] the next day he told me that his people said he cant marry me because of a communal clash dat happened years ago, i thought it was a joke untill i saw his lips shaking and tears coming down his eyes like rain i was to shocked to say a thing. i said this must be a joke. i didnt cause the clash my dad didnt, none of my uncles did. why would somebody do this to me because of something i dont know about.

At first we thought of runing away together ( where can we run to without fund) after much talk and nufin was much coming forth we stopped talking and stopped chatting. i still feel like he disappointed me, he would ve stood up to his parents and his people. this is 6months and i have not gotten over him. everytin reminds me of him. i cant stop comparing any guy that talks to me with him. he has been trying to call( dont tell me he is calling to tell me the issue has been resolved bcoz he has so many ways of telling me if it it has been) but i blacklisted his nos and deleted him from my social media i think he shuld go and sort it out wif his family. poo happen... wish i can say am ova him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Two Nairalanders Are Getting Married Next Weekend / How Can A Broke Guy Start Toasting A Girl? / My Boyfriend Sent Me Packing After Infecting Me With HIV; Pregnant 19yrs Teen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.