Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members (40125 Views)

$9.3M Arms Deal: Names Of Nigerian Crew Members Revealed! / Happy New Month To Seun And All Nairalanders / Happy Birthday To Seun And Afam4eva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 27, 2013
I think NL moderators are disrespectful (most of them), you have no right whatsoever to address people as if they're looking up to you for their feeding allowance.

Personally, I would like to delete some of the topics I've created on this website, I realised I couldn't do that, So I made a report on the thread giving my reason but nothing was done! I think members should have the right to delete their topics, and user account.

Another option is to create a section where members can post topics they would like to remove from the website, and Seun can help with the deletion of such topic, the section should also allow users to submit a request of account termination.

7 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by obainojazz(m): 6:08pm On Sep 27, 2013
this sh.i.t is funny...................sexkillz..u wicked..o...but u didnt have to insult anyone....hope una no go change my sh.i.t to poo...coz i will ban una...o.. grin
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Davo93(m): 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2013
adekayo_1234: IMO, the only constant thing in this world is change and anyone who stands against such a beautiful idea put forward by the op must be ignorant of the age we are living in. however, peaceful means should be used before issuing threat. I am also alarmed by the way some people here are displaying immaturity. if you don't like an idea, insulting the op shouldn't be the next thing and supporters of the op too should know that only Seun can effect this change. This thread should make front page as a vital point is being raised here.....gracias
Thanks so much pal for your reply.

Firstly, let me state here that this thread was not created to be a threat as some MODS have portrayed it to be.

Secondly, it might also interest you to know sir that this issue has been lingering for a very long time before now. Several pleas have been made at several quarters of this forum without any substancial response from the forum board and we believe the only way to make our unhappiness known to Mr Seun and other relevant persons in this matter is by this open letter.

Nonetheless, i call on all supporters of this cause to maintain the already shown maturity in responding to the provoking responses of some staffs here. I wish to assure you that we are making reasonable headway in this matter. Let us try and put up this thread link in our signatures to create the much needed awareness.

Nothing Shall Discourage Us!!!
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by ITbomb(m): 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2013
If myspace , nokia , blackberry could fall inspite of huge fans at their peak then anyone could .
The common factor in the above was , when the users complained , the ceo would look at the huge database of users and say ' well it's just few disgruntled fellows ' not knowing that many were just hanging on because there was no better alternative at that time .
But living in the world of opportunities , there will always be an alternative . For myspace it was facebook , for nokia (symbian) it was android , for blackberry it was Apple iPad . It took some time but when it came , we saw massive exodus.
For a MOD insulting one user for proposing a change , is insulting the sensibility of many members, even those not in support of the proposed change.
Many are just hanging on, waiting for the alternative .
If handling an office such as an Internet Forum MOD gives someone such false feeling of arrogance then I have mixed feeling for the call for our overage leaders to hand over powers to the younger breed.
This is show of shame by the Mods is just pathetic

39 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by ITbomb(m): 6:24pm On Sep 27, 2013
And for the signature tin , sorry I'm not in support so I won't put it on but I will support u with one of my altids , possibly a female with ip in Germany.
Oya chase me
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 27, 2013
undecided undecided undecided
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by adexsimply(m): 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2013
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by IYANGBALI: 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2013
sexkillz: Demand? You think this is your father's house where you demand school fees from him?
if you have nothing to say just shut that your dirty mouth,from your response as a MURDERATOR,it shows some of you guys are power drunk and do not have regards for your guests on your so called nairaland. If I were seun I would have striped you off your rank as a mod. Guess what the days of nairaland are numbered,if you know hi5 and facebook you would understand what I mean. I know what you are planning to do right now is to ban me,if only you know the number of usernames that I have on nl,you would not bother doing that,you can only ban me,YOU CAN'T STOP ME FROM COMING BACK NOR DRIVE ME AWAY FROM THIS MOTHER FOKN nairaland. Osi iranu

16 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by IYANGBALI: 6:35pm On Sep 27, 2013
ITbomb: If myspace , nokia , blackberry could fall inspite of huge fans at their peak then anyone could .
The common factor in the above was , when the users complained , the ceo would look at the huge database of users and say ' well it's just few disgruntled fellows ' not knowing that many were just hanging on because there was no better alternative at that time .
But living in the world of opportunities , there will always be an alternative . For myspace it was facebook , for nokia (symbian) it was android , for blackberry it was Apple iPad . It took some time but when it came , we saw massive exodus.
For a MOD insulting one user for proposing a change , is insulting the sensibility of many members, even those not in support of the proposed change.
If handling an office such as an Internet Forum MOD gives someone such false feeling of arrogance then I have mixed feeling for the call for our overage leaders to hand over powers to the younger breed.
God bless you jare,you are the kind of people that seun should bring on board as his mod,not some arrogant touts he has all around him. THE DAYS OF NAIRALAND ARE NUMBERED,write it down.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 27, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
To foolishly think NL is a million members strong is living in a fantasy world of tail-like fairies.
70% of those bogus figures quoted on the top page are alternate ID's and dead accounts all in a bid to drive advert sales.
There is a premature moderator that displays a significant amount of cerebral palsy and deranged cerebrum.
This particular moderator should know that foolishness displayed in virtual e-world is directly proportional to parental upbringing provided joblessness remains constant.
Eqn F=kPU
Where
F is foolishness
k is Joblessness[constant]
PU is Parental upbringing

All arriving at a serious indictment on the parents.
DUDE!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 27, 2013

I've noticed that when demands requests or suggestions are made here on nairaland, seun and his mods unanimously regard them as hocus pocus and take a negative angle when responding. I have equally wondered why we can't delete a post, suspend/deactivate/terminate an account.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by IYANGBALI: 6:56pm On Sep 27, 2013
sexkillz: ASUU made you guys this frustrated and jobless. Should I explain further?
imagine the way a mod is reacting to a guest,s post and seun is there watching or even laughing,keep waitching them spoil the good work of your hands

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by druid06(m): 6:58pm On Sep 27, 2013
I'm not sure why people compare Nairaland to Facebook or Myspace.

Dudes, Nairaland is just a shiithole forum while Facebook, Myspace and the likes are real social networking sites

7 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by IYANGBALI: 7:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
uniqueval:
I've noticed that when demands requests or suggestions are made here on nairaland, seun and his mods unanimously regard them as hocus pocus and take a negative angle when responding. I have equally wondered why we can't delete a post, suspend/deactivate/terminate an account.
the reason is simple,we can't deactivate because the number of registered guests on nl is what seun is using to attract adverts on nl,if he introduces deactivate button,him business go fall yakata,I dare him to introduce deactivate button and see what happens

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by IYANGBALI: 7:01pm On Sep 27, 2013
[quote author=druid06]I'm not sure why people compare Nairaland to Facebook or Myspace.

Dudes, Nairaland is just a shiithole forum while Facebook, Myspace and the likes are real social networking sites[/quote ]seun copy that

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by obainojazz(m): 7:08pm On Sep 27, 2013
IYA NGBALI: the reason is simple,we can't deactivate because the number of registered guests on nl is what seun is using to attract adverts on nl,if he introduces deactivate button,him business go fall yakata,I dare him to introduce deactivate button and see what happens
lolz........thats funny...but you have to know the mods that were shouting and crying here are drunk....naija tinx..if frustration catch you..you go drink..........lets just pray for them and watch how it goes...*expecting 1ooo years ban soon*

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by IYANGBALI: 7:12pm On Sep 27, 2013
Davo93: Hmmm... i pity Seun with this kinds of MOD he is having. In as much as i respect his decision to have them moderate here, i also want to say that if Seun had put up this kind of unwise attitude unwise and lack of professionalism as portrayed by 'Justwise' and 'Sexkillz', i doubt if Nairaland will be where it is today. I don't know what would have been the fate of this Africa foremost forum if Seun had resulted to insulting members when this forum was yet to reach limelight.

#OperationSaveNairaland
don't mind them,let them insult and laugh at us,one thing I know for sure is that the days of nairaland are numbered

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by lalaboi(m): 7:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
Joke ting
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Davo93(m): 7:26pm On Sep 27, 2013
See how another MOD described this situation

"Sorry bro, it can't be closed(account). Once you are in, we keep you in and throw the keys away! Ooops, i'm probably wrong. Seun, where art thou? Come answer this"

Are we goats that are caged? #SMH
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by alienware(m): 7:27pm On Sep 27, 2013
eddiebruk:

lol, Ogbeni you must be sleeping on top Okada, i am already at work..you are the frustrated and Jobless one here, what other Job do you do apart from this your Aboki Security Job.
This rant of yours is very pathetic ! You are not the op, why are you so worried ?
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Abbey2sam(m): 7:27pm On Sep 27, 2013
sexkillz: This was directed to mods, Mr Idontknowanything atall. If I wasn't a mod, my response to this nonsense would have been worse. Only babies make demands. Adults are reasonable in their method of approach. That you have free internet connection doesn't mean you can go anywhere you feel like, issue demands, issue ultimatums. Can you give your father an ultimatum?

I blame ASUU for this thread.

I use to respect you a lot...............

But now I know that you're a ful

10 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 27, 2013
GOD BLESS THE OP REAL GOOD

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by druid06(m): 7:47pm On Sep 27, 2013
If Seun truly is the sole owner of Nairaland, I'm sure he would definitely release Sexkillz of his responsibility of being a Mod on this Forum after reading his comments on this thread. I won't hold my breathe though.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 27, 2013
Chikeziehosan:

lwkmd
this hot is too topic
please open the breeze n let the window come in
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 27, 2013
Davo93: See how another MOD described this situation

"Sorry bro, it can't be closed(account). Once you are in, we keep you in and throw the keys away! Ooops, i'm probably wrong. Seun, where art thou? Come answer this"

Are we goats that are caged? #SMH
She is not a moderator. She is too busy for it.
And to add, you need to sharpen your sense of humor.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
adeaugustus: I think NL moderators are disrespectful (most of them) -I H-AGREE-, you have no right whatsoever to address people as if they're looking up to you for their feeding allowance.

Personally, I would like to delete some of the topics I've created on this website-ME TOO,ESPECIALLY THE ONCE WHERE I BLAST OGA JONA AND SHEPPOO-, I realised I couldn't do that, I think members should have the right to delete their topics, and user account.-SSS EYE DON DEH RED O PLUS CRITICISING LEVELS IS NOT PAYING MUCH, I FIT WAN JOIN FRESH AIR CREW WHERE THE REAL DOUGH IS BUT MY FORMER BAD POSTS GO DISQUALIFY ME.

BUT AT D H-END OF D DAY,NA SEUN GET HIN TIN O!!!!
grin

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Clemzy16(m): 8:06pm On Sep 27, 2013
Like a Nairalander has in his signature, Nairaland is a s.hithole managed by poo carketers (justfoolish, sexkillz, mynd, etc) to.....

it's funny how these Mods think they're so big becoz they presides over a faceless forum.

I share the same idea wit the OP, we should be able to deactivate our accounts and also delete topics, sometimes i wonder if we're imprisoned here on this forum.

Nairaland is becoming so unbecoming, maybe seun is afraid of putting the deactivate button cause he'll lose half of his members in weeks.

And to all the Mods insulting the Op, shame on you all. What happened to freedom of speech, only on nairaland you give a suggestion, then you're attacked by e-diots in disguise of mods.

I've gradually begun to hate some of these Mods especially Mynd. I cant believe i can hate somebody so much even without seeing him, sometimes i wsh i can punch him through my device. Infact i'm planning a one-on-one brawl with him, does anyone know where he lives.

8 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Clemzy16(m): 8:30pm On Sep 27, 2013
Oildichotomy:
To foolishly think NL is a million members strong is living in a fantasy world of tail-like fairies.
70% of those bogus figures quoted on the top page are alternate ID's and dead accounts all in a bid to drive advert sales.
There is a premature moderator that displays a significant amount of cerebral palsy and deranged cerebrum.
This particular moderator should know that foolishness displayed in virtual e-world is directly proportional to parental upbringing provided joblessness remains constant.
Eqn F=kPU
Where
F is foolishness
k is Joblessness[constant]
PU is Parental upbringing
All arriving at a serious indictment on the parents.
bros, are you related to honourable patrick? Anyways, thanks for feeding the hungry mods. It's obvious their fraustration is a result of joblessness, since that's the case my toilet needs cleaning.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by stanuplane(m): 8:47pm On Sep 27, 2013
ITbomb: If myspace , nokia , blackberry could fall inspite of huge fans at their peak then anyone could .
bro u ve said it all. I used have some respect for sexkillz. didn't know the guy is this rude. op I support u all the way.

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by stanuplane(m): 8:48pm On Sep 27, 2013
bro u ve said it all. I used have some respect for sexkillz. didn't know the guy is this rude. op I support u all the way.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 27, 2013
Unfortunately I think seun might be close friends with these mods, hence his lack of objectivity in handling the forum. He probably confides in them and trusts their advice over that of nl members. And they, being pitiful souls living off the power they have in the forum tell him things he wants to hear, that nairaland is just right the way it is, as change, especially those suggested by nl members, could pose a threat to their positions. That's why they come running to destroy threads like this.

In short form, if you think seun has control over the forum then you are deceiving yourself, he is just a figurehead.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50)

My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall / 2 Brothers Came Out Without Any Injury After This Ghastly Accident In Abuja.PICS / What Broke Your Trust With Friends? Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.