Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members (40129 Views)

$9.3M Arms Deal: Names Of Nigerian Crew Members Revealed! / Happy New Month To Seun And All Nairalanders / Happy Birthday To Seun And Afam4eva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 27, 2013
stanuplane:
bro u ve said it all. I used have some respect for sexkillz. didn't know the guy is this rude. op I support u all the way.

The only people I expect to have respect for that guy are jambites in the romance section, you know, the sort of boys who wear yellow skinny jeans and alinko glasses, definitely not mature adults.

20 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2013
bigx: Lol, you de pay Seun and the Mods?
No we no dey pay them, na God dey pay them.Mumu; they get money from you being on this site and for every comment you make

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 27, 2013
ITbomb: If myspace , nokia , blackberry could fall inspite of huge fans at their peak then anyone could .
The common factor in the above was , when the users complained , the ceo would look at the huge database of users and say ' well it's just few disgruntled fellows ' not knowing that many were just hanging on because there was no better alternative at that time .
But living in the world of opportunities , there will always be an alternative . For myspace it was facebook , for nokia (symbian) it was android , for blackberry it was Apple iPad . It took some time but when it came , we saw massive exodus.
For a MOD insulting one user for proposing a change , is insulting the sensibility of many members, even those not in support of the proposed change.
Many are just hanging on, waiting for the alternative .
If handling an office such as an Internet Forum MOD gives someone such false feeling of arrogance then I have mixed feeling for the call for our overage leaders to hand over powers to the younger breed.
This is show of shame by the Mods is just pathetic

Couldn't have said it better myself.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 27, 2013
The truth is there ought to be a delete option and also an option to opt out when one deem fit. All sites have such option I wonder why this particular site is different. Plus no privacy you can Imagine all you ever posted being viewed just by googling no privacy at all. Personally if I knew there is no such option I wouldn't have registered in the first place, more so the arrogance in this forum sucks you can imagine where a moderator is being rude to the user what message does that pass across

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by tellwisdom: 9:41pm On Sep 27, 2013
barefootbandit:

The only people I expect to have respect for that guy are jambites in the romance section, you know, the sort of boys who wear yellow skinny jeans and alinko glasses, definitely not mature adults.

I seriously feel ashamed when people opened their mouth to say; they have respect for him. embarassed. If only they knew he's one little kid from a fufu background gringringrin

11 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 27, 2013
And for u all who are nonchalant about this issue need to have a rethink cuz there's no privacy at all I just checked some of my profile in other sites and I saw my post on Nairaland. Worst is am stuck here I can't even delete my account.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 27, 2013
barefootbandit:

sexkillz will have panic attack tonight. Eyah
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 27, 2013
tellwisdom:

I seriously feel ashamed when people opened their mouth to say; they have respect for him. embarassed. If only they knew he's one little kid from a fufu background gringringrin

Saying you have respect for him is like saying you have respect for the combination of justin beiber and the white widow who orchestrated the Kenyan mall attacks. In other words, you need a doctor.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 27, 2013
adeaugustus: I think NL moderators are disrespectful (most of them), you have no right whatsoever to address people as if they're looking up to you for their feeding allowance.

Personally, I would like to delete some of the topics I've created on this website, I realised I couldn't do that, So I made a report on the thread giving my reason but nothing was done! I think members should have the right to delete their topics, and user account.

Another option is to create a section where members can post topics they would like to remove from the website, and Seun can help with the deletion of such topic, the section should also allow users to submit a request of account termination.
well said dear this is a very important issue and should not be disregarded for any reason whatsoever. If am able to design a site then I should be able to offer an option for users to delete topics and account simple
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 27, 2013
If you feel insulted and abused at any point LOGOUT and never return.

I read where someone mentioned protecting his privacy as reason for wanting to delete his posts. Funny, this is a PUBLIC forum and you were not forced to post anything.

Nigerians are generally abrasive. There are lots of unruly people on this forum, and there's no way propriety & gentlemanly appeals will keep people in check on here.

The only way to achieve any semblance of sanity on this board is with an IRON HAND. Your beloved Google, Yahoo & Facebook ban users who flout their rules - without any warnings.

We Nigerians are a very special breed. I wonder if these 21 Rules am looking at right now displays for just a handful of posters. I've personally been banned twice (Islam & Webmasters) and I take full responsibility because I was looking for trouble.

Next time before you post on any forums, you might want to find out first if they have a 'Delete' button.

If the mods were tamer, this forum will be a complete mess.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 27, 2013
oh.dude:

sexkillz will have panic attack tonight. Eyah

I don't wish for him to have a panic attack, I just wish he and other immature mods like him would resign and that seun would start taking the suggestions of nl members seriously. Is that too hard?
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Caracta(f): 10:01pm On Sep 27, 2013
Davo93: See how another MOD described this situation

"Sorry bro, it can't be closed(account). Once you are in, we keep you in and throw the keys away! Ooops, i'm probably wrong. Seun, where art thou? Come answer this"

Are we goats that are caged? #SMH

Yup, thanks for quoting me. Like idnoble said, ayam not a mod. Never have and will probably never be.

@topic, wow! This issue is coming up again..and i think it's high time Seun dealt with it once and for all, else, few months from now, this topic would come up again.

Personally, i don't need a delete button. The moment i get tired of NL, i would log out and never log in again. I think i'm not bothered because i've always known there is no privacy on the internet, so i am usually careful with my posts and the info i divulge.

However, since a lot of Nairalanders will probably feel more comfortable with a delete button, i think it should be provided. Seun has explained his reasons a while ago and i kinda agree with him. I mean i would probably do the same if i were in his shoes. But then, the users' needs are more important.

If users need a delete option, just give it to them. These users are the pillars of this site. And if you won't, then you need to justify that. Truth is, some people will delete and register again within few hours.

You guys should just watch what you post on the internet. My 2 kobo grin

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Eniqurl(f): 10:02pm On Sep 27, 2013
Abbey2sam:

I use to respect you a lot...............

But now I know that you're a ful
buhahahahaha laff wan 4k me dead!
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Davo93(m): 10:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
Hello Fellow Nairalanders,

It is quite unfortunate that despite all the plea for a levelled playing ground on this matter, the moderators that have tiredlessly abused and insulted members of this forum went ahead to ban the promoters of this great thread without any reasonable reason. Ich liebe dich(f) has been ban by a MOD.

I wish to state at this point that all these intolerance will not help in resolving matter rather it will aggravate it and make it go worse. We refuse to succumb to your pressure and ill treatment and we are not going to compromise our cause.

We therefore DEMAND the immediate unban of our thread contributors because we have not seen anything bad they have done when MODS here have done worse and still moderate freely.

Nothing Shall Discourage Us!!!
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2013
Davo93:

Our Requests;
1.) We demand an unreserved apology for the rude and unwise ways members were harrased by the forum staffs for demanding these necessary features.
2.) We demand that any moderator found to be part of this rude act should be severely punished.
3.) We demand a lucid explanation why our requests have been turned to by deaf ears of the forum board.
4.) We demand an immediate and unconditional implementation of those requested features.

We also demand a levelled playing ground on this matter if truely you are sensitive to our plight.

In line with these requests, we are giving the forum board a 7-day ultimatum to fully yield to our beckoning because we believe it will take the learned computer gurus on the board's administration a tap of button to fix. To this effect, the time given commences this minute.

Please can someone move this to the JOKES section already.

My friend you are in NO position to make any demands. Go to SimpleMachines .org and download your own forum software (it wont cost you cos it's open-source).

Now stop being a comedian.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Caracta(f): 10:08pm On Sep 27, 2013
A lot of people have left NL. A big lot. All the oldies of as far back as 2010/2011. You check their profiles and you see, "Last seen Aug 2011", etc. Did they wait for a delete button? No!

To each his own.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 27, 2013
Richfella: If you feel insulted and abused at any point LOGOUT and never return.

I read where someone mentioned protecting his privacy as reason for wanting to delete his posts. Funny, this is a PUBLIC forum and you were not forced to post anything.

Nigerians are generally abrasive. There are lots of unruly people on this forum, and there's no way propriety & gentlemanly appeals will keep people in check on here.

The only way to achieve any semblance of sanity on this board is with an IRON HAND. Your beloved Google, Yahoo & Facebook ban users who flout their rules - without any warnings.

We Nigerians are a very special breed. I wonder if these 21 Rules am looking at right now displays for just a handful of posters. I've personally been banned twice (Islam & Webmasters) and I take full responsibility because I was looking for trouble.

Next time before you post on any forums, you might want to find out first if they have a 'Delete' button.

If the mods were tamer, this forum will be a complete mess.
even though it's a public forum does that mean my post should be seen where not necessary Also must I learn to be aggressive like others what does that make me Did you just ask me to logoff and never return Well it would have been easy if my details were no longer here, also must I receive insult cuz I err my views whatever happened to freedom of speech Come to think of it every forum ought to have a delete option so don't sound as though it's alien, the last time I checked no one stressed on the issue of being baned. So if you want to say something say it but don't sound as if we have no right to lay complaints in the first place ok.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Eniqurl(f): 10:23pm On Sep 27, 2013
Hilarious!....ah cnt blve nd dnt wana blve vhiz modz or some? re veri rude inshrt dat an understatement#SMH....kinda funi sha m rilli enjoyinq every bit of dz drama buh why re d mods nt respondinq aqn na?
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 27, 2013
You guys should realise it's beyond just the delete button. There are many other functions that could be adopted on nairaland, ones people have been suggesting. Like a dislike button, a feature which indicates when you have been quoted(do you really have to keep using that local search box every minute),a button for displaying comments according to the amounts of likes and dislikes. People have even been asking for a chat app. Must we have to start going all the way to our e-mails? I also think instead of displaying just the amount of people you are following, it should also display your amount of followers. That way no one has to follow people following them to boast of their popularity. I know it sounds egotistical but it works. Imagine if celebrities had to follow all the people following them on Twitter?

There are so many things that could be done to upgrade this forum, it has so much potential, and I really do not understand why he is not tapping it? Look at daily mail for example, no one complained about it's services, at least not compared to that of nairaland but yet they have upgraded it to something much more comfortable. I just enjoy going there, easily clicking for the most liked posts with their replies attached instead of having to scroll through pages of posts and so on. You even get to see the most liked and disliked member and post of the week. Seun should really learn from them.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Mynd44: 10:28pm On Sep 27, 2013
**Still here**
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 27, 2013
Is there anything wrong with someone wanting to delete their account? Why do people get heated whenever someone requests it?

Richfella:
It's not that deep
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 27, 2013
Richfella:

Please can someone move this to the JOKES section already.

My friend you are in NO position to make any demands. Go to SimpleMachines .org and download your own forum software (it wont cost you cos it's open-source).

Now stop being a comedian.
my friend there's nothing funny about this post, first and foremost there was no exception clause stating that once in one cannot opt out or delete post or thread, secondly he has the right to speak up because he is a member. Must everyone open a forum I think you know little or nothing about customer service so don't ridicule him because he is trying pass a message across.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by imsuboi(m): 10:36pm On Sep 27, 2013
six pages of comic relief grin

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Mynd44: 10:43pm On Sep 27, 2013
Clemzy16: Like a Nairalander has in his signature, Nairaland is a s.hithole managed by poo carketers (justfoolish, sexkillz, mynd, etc) to.....

it's funny how these Mods think they're so big becoz they presides over a faceless forum.

I share the same idea wit the OP, we should be able to deactivate our accounts and also delete topics, sometimes i wonder if we're imprisoned here on this forum.

Nairaland is becoming so unbecoming, maybe seun is afraid of putting the deactivate button cause he'll lose half of his members in weeks.

And to all the Mods insulting the Op, shame on you all. What happened to freedom of speech, only on nairaland you give a suggestion, then you're attacked by e-diots in disguise of mods.

I've gradually begun to hate some of these Mods especially Mynd. I cant believe i can hate somebody so much even without seeing him, sometimes i wsh i can punch him through my device. Infact i'm planning a one-on-one brawl with him, does anyone know where he lives.
What did I do?
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by imsuboi(m): 10:55pm On Sep 27, 2013
Mynd_44:
What did I do?

grin grin grin grin

Chill let him come to your house first; you'll know what you did
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Mynd44: 10:59pm On Sep 27, 2013
imsu.boi:

grin grin grin grin

Chill let him come to your house first; you'll know what you did
I doubt he would get pass my gate before turning back
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by druid06(m): 11:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
Idowuogbo, I see you.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Idowuogbo(f): 11:17pm On Sep 27, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
To foolishly think NL is a million members strong is living in a fantasy world of tail-like fairies.
70% of those bogus figures quoted on the top page are alternate ID's and dead accounts all in a bid to drive advert sales.
There is a premature moderator that displays a significant amount of cerebral palsy and deranged cerebrum.
This particular moderator should know that foolishness displayed in virtual e-world is directly proportional to parental upbringing provided joblessness remains constant.
Eqn F=kPU
Where
F is foolishness
k is Joblessness[constant]
PU is Parental upbringing

All arriving at a serious indictment on the parents.
Jehovah!!!! shocked grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by Idowuogbo(f): 11:17pm On Sep 27, 2013
druid06: Idowuogbo, I see you.
Shuush
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by imsuboi(m): 11:19pm On Sep 27, 2013
Mynd_44:
I doubt he would get pass my gate before turning back

you'd be surprised
Re: An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members by ITbomb(m): 11:22pm On Sep 27, 2013
Caracta:
Truth is, some people will delete and register again within few hours.

You guys should just watch what you post on the internet. My 2 kobo grin
Now , that's my lady.
That's y I don't support the move , delete in anger , register back when u r bored.
Imagine someone abusing ur father and you get back at him only to find that he had deleted the post.
For the chat or mentioned button , that will slow down NL and possibly lose the mobile appeal . In case u didn't know NL is one of the very few sites in Nigeria that looks the same both on desktop and mobile and that is its edge over others as most members are on mobile . And also being devoid of 'javascript' (stand to be corrected) makes it fast loading and robust.
For me , the content is good , the Mods are doing great but some should pls shutup at least to cover some foolishness.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50)

My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall / 2 Brothers Came Out Without Any Injury After This Ghastly Accident In Abuja.PICS / What Broke Your Trust With Friends? Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.