Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? (25607 Views)

Taboo Relationships - Who Have You Dated On This List? / What Is The Biggest Amount You Have Given A Girl You Dated Or Flirted With? / Does A Date Have To Be In A Resturant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by Nobody: 1:17am On Oct 01, 2013
I have some nerdy qualities but I ain't a computer freak(dont even have a laptop).Am chronically introverted.I dont consider myself intelligent but several people say I am.My social detachment started with my obsession with the bible.Women seem not to exist in my world n sometimes I worry about how I'd fare in the future.Would I ever get married? Would I ever get a woman to fall in love with me? But my obsessions do keep me from worrying much.A lot of people think am weird.I guess I just have to accept that weirdness.
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by Nobody: 2:41am On Oct 01, 2013
Ikenna94: u wey be runzlord, hw u take dey read
im a nerd dat is based on everything
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by Nobody: 2:47am On Oct 01, 2013
If by nerd, u mean someone lyk Spencer Reed in criminal minds, then, "hell to the NO".
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by msmysterious22(f): 3:12am On Oct 01, 2013
God ! Im starting to think that i belong to the nerdy side.

now reading - physics lipsrsealed

wew >.<
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by Konjour(m): 4:54am On Oct 01, 2013
I've got a number of nerdy friends and they're cool, however you ought to be sure that you can cope with their shortcomings before dating one otherwise the next topic on the nairaland frontpage would be about a girl complaining: 'He never pays attention to me - Is he gay?' 'He's obsessed with laptops, games and he is not the neatest guy in the world - Is he still a kid?

*I've got a bit of some nerdy attributes but I don't fit the stereotype bill. Bring up discussions about stuff relating to my field, the Nautical sciences and some other topics and the geek in me would wake up with a bang tho'*
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by Adeolakk(m): 7:15am On Oct 01, 2013
I thought I was a nerd before but this post just confirmed that I wasn't obssessed with books or games. My closest to an obssession was a girl I liked. I just loved playing phone games because it helped me keep my brain busy and I enjoyed it. I guess I was a dweeb but I have awoken my social life now winksmiley
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by adexsimply(m): 7:51am On Oct 01, 2013
Adeola.....kk:
I thought I was a nerd before but this post just confirmed that I wasn't obssessed with books or games. My closest to an obssession was a girl I liked. I just loved playing phone games because it helped me keep my brain busy and I enjoyed it. I guess I was a dweeb but I have awoken my social life now winksmiley
cheesy cheesy
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by FOREXMARTS: 9:00am On Oct 01, 2013
D-Explorer:
If you get hooked to a nerd, you'd be the one doing more of the loving. If you want attention as a lady, you just might be begging to get it. They forget personal details and don't be mad if he forgot your birthday. Nerds aren't into trends and you could as well beg for hang out. Dumb to romance and they mostly get their partners on the internet. I don't know about Nigerian nerds, PHCN aint helping them, hence, they got space. In all, a nerd's life is boring!

Typical nerd? That's me. Lost two relationships to my online biz, study, forex and research. I spend 90% of my time online. Good thing is that being a nerd or geek keeps one outta trouble and woman drama jare. I remember 4 months ago my neighbours came knocking at my door y to know if i was still alive cos i did not come out for 3 days. I didn't even notice i had stayed indoors for up to three days.
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by bropeee(m): 9:15am On Oct 01, 2013
Yes i am grin
Omo_Alata: As long as he is good in bed I will date him
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by bb6xt(m): 9:31am On Oct 01, 2013
I am a nerd and am exceptional in bed, will you date me?
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by kolamilan(m): 10:29am On Oct 01, 2013
we can generally say that nerds, geeks and introverts are similar because, they are all socially awkward loners.
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by sparta(f): 11:00am On Oct 01, 2013
Javanian:

All nerds are anti-social tongue You are probably mistaking a Geek for a Nerd... cheesy
a geek is okay but a nerd? Nah. Think most people here are mixing them up. Bill gates is a geek not a nerd.
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 01, 2013
@topic, NO
i'm a geek, so it's going to be boring. tongue
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by Richiy(f): 11:26am On Oct 01, 2013
TeejayMaya:
Nice one dear, appreciated... But seriously am kinda looking 4ward to meeting and dating a female nerd if I could find one... Think it should be much more interesting and mutual understanding should be there
then I wish u luck...one nerd can be tolerated, but 2 nerds, living together, doin anything that isn't business....I wonder how void and empty life would be....forget the mutual understanding stuff...
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by anny3k1990: 1:14pm On Oct 01, 2013
if he have his cash I don't think dia is anything wrong with it. infact I love dat kind of man tongue kiss
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by Tiwanna(f): 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2013
Geek If he is gud looking, sure i will. Nerd no.
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by madridsta007(m): 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2013

Lol... Nerds are sadly not good in bed. Some have no prior experience and are happy that way.

I know it.
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by KateSpade(f): 6:00pm On Oct 01, 2013
Yes. I love nerds
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by oluamid(m): 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2013
madridsta007:

Lol... Nerds are sadly not good in bed. Some have no prior experience and are happy that way.

I know it.

Then you have not met *coughs*
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by myOGAonTOP: 6:52pm On Oct 01, 2013
oluamid:

Then you have not met *coughs*
tell him
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by soultender(f): 7:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
Well.
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
A nerd wouldn't comment on this thread...

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by Javanian: 7:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
El Guapo: A nerd wouldn't comment on this thread...

I wanted to quote you and disagree but....

You have a point, if i wasnt the OP of this thread, i wont have said a word but i would have followed it closely..but...

That doesn't mean you are right, you have no idea who a nerd is, you are looking at it from the Hollywood angle. Those hollywood Nerds are just exaggerated.
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by DExplorer1: 7:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
FOREXMARTS:

Typical nerd? That's me. Lost two relationships to my online biz, study, forex and research. I spend 90% of my time online. Good thing is that being a nerd or geek keeps one outta trouble and woman drama jare. I remember 4 months ago my neighbours came knocking at my door y to know if i was still alive cos i did not come out for 3 days. I didn't even notice i had stayed indoors for up to three days.
LOL. . . I understood the internet side. I once had a friend, we actually studied FX for a whole year without any rush just to be sure of the market trends, after then he left the telcoms sect. to do FX at home and since i couldn't risk it, i stayed. He wrote an ebook, I did a site for him and he started selling it along with robots even while he trades. One evening he called to ask me how he would explain his new 'career' to his landlord since he doesn't go out and he was paying his rent and other bills even before they expire. . .but all that was at the expense of a potent rela. he had. He lost her too! Mostly, your kinds are always faithful with their woman but very boring. . .no attention, no bite, just running fingers and watching screens. LOL

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 03, 2013
Javanian:

I wanted to quote you and disagree but....

You have a point, if i wasnt the OP of this thread, i wont have said a word but i would have followed it closely..but...

That doesn't mean you are right, you have no idea who a nerd is, you are looking at it from the Hollywood angle. Those hollywood Nerds are just exaggerated.

A nerd is a nerd mate, there are no such hollywood tinted view on this.

Someone who's socially inept or impaired behaves awkward towards people, staying clutched to themselves and gives a great deal of time to things a normal human would deem shyte.

I've been watching y'all from the sidelines and i'm certain none happens to be a nerd.

You might have a high IQ and would spend a healthy time in front of ur PC, devote ya time to books and techs, that doesnt make ya a nerd - a geek? U might be.
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by Javanian: 8:21am On Oct 03, 2013
And you are judging based on their Online Character? How smart are you?
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 03, 2013
Javanian: And you are judging based on their Online Character? How smart are you?

Grow a psychic mind and u'd see beyond a screen cheesy
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by wisemania(m): 3:57am On Oct 09, 2013
El Guapo:

Grow a psychic mind and u'd see beyond a screen cheesy
that waz rather too harsh....u shud be banned 4dat..... *my2cents*
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by ztob(m): 12:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
D-Explorer:
If you get hooked to a nerd, you'd be the one doing more of the loving. If you want attention as a lady, you just might be begging to get it. They forget personal details and don't be mad if he forgot your birthday. Nerds aren't into trends and you could as well beg for hang out. Dumb to romance and they mostly get their partners on the internet. I don't know about Nigerian nerds, PHCN aint helping them, hence, they got space. In all, a nerd's life is boring!

Nerds are always attracted to nerds.
Re: Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? by ztob(m): 12:31pm On Oct 10, 2013
Gosh! I don't wish to be a nerd, sometimes I see the traits in myself.
Just dat sometimes I feel like sharing ideas with people, I'm good at making new friends, but tht frnd culd get frustrated later on if he doesn't understand my mood swing.

I'm a mixed breed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is So Boring / Are African Men Marrying More White Women Because They Are Better In Bed?:vote / 25-year-old #SaggyBoobsMatter Founder, Chidera Shows Her Bushy Vagina (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.