Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn (33523 Views)

Jonathan Demanded Metuh's Corporate Bank Account To Pay Some Money - Witness / List Of People That Have Demanded Boko Haram Amnesty / Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by manuelzz(m): 1:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
samilo88: Mr ASUU chairman, your demands are from genuine.

Were the FG officials that agreed to the deal on codeine when they did so? They shud implement what they agreed with ASUU jor!!!
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by timpaker(m): 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
Dospix: Seriously for me, spending even 100tn cannot and will not be able to change the state of things in our universities if our lecturers do not change their attitude. We keep lamenting that the infrastructures in our tertiary institution are in a state of quagmire because of the inability of our government to perform their fundamental duties, forgetting that a large chunk of the problems we face in our universities are self made by some irresponsible lecturers. Nigerian students, we sure need to wake up from our slumber; this group called ASUU do not have our interest in mind.

SMH undecided
transfer your aggression to the FG, ASUU has nothing to do with the fund, they just want a better working infrastructure that the FG promised them. abi dem jazz them when them sign the agreement?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by dsypha(m): 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
angry
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by banky222: 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2013
ASUU WANT TO SHORT DOWN NIGERIA OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by timwezzb(m): 1:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
3 Trillion.....Like Seriously ASUU do u really mean it??
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by nkemKalu: 1:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
awodman:
Now the question is can the whole country and ASUU inclusive agree that govt should stop fuel subsidy and instead channel that money to Education?..remember ASUU also protested against the removal of subsidy..we can't definitely eat our cake and have it
Is there really subsidy in petroleum products in Nigeria?...if so, how does it come about? Can u do the simple arithmetic for us and let us know what it takes to produce a liter of petrol in Nigeria.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
0monnakoda: You are the one who is lazy and unthinking. Nigeria cannot afford? $7 Billion over what period 1 week ,1 month? I would rather not have fuel subsidy than the rubbish our Universities churn out much of which is on display on Nairaland. Nigerians spend billions on private universities and foreign ones too. We need to have a debate about HOW university education is funded. Going forward it probably should not be free and students need to pay more realistic fees.Government should decide to privatize many if not all the universities. Apart from corruption there is a lot of waste in our government eg Presidential jets ,Aso rock Feeding budget etc.
In just one year GEJ spent over 1 trilion naira that was NOT in the budget n fraudulent SUBSIDY bills so it is not true there is no money but even if there is money . I still argue students should pay tuition,and standards shoud be raised so our Universities can be competitive and PROFITABLE

We can continue making noise about corruption from now to next year, I know there is wastage but if we choose to look at it that way, we'd kip going around in circles... The bottom line is dat dat amount is too outrageous, cos other things are not equal lyk the ceteris paribus assumption would make us believe.. Even if other things were equal, handing that amount of money to an unreliable entity like ASUU who are as corrupt as the government they so criticise is plain stupidity...
What you saying about the state of our universities, common dis is naija, even if that amount is given to ASUU, I seriously doubt much is gonna change.. Matter of fact, they have contributed to the rot themselves with their laziness and lack of industry... Would giving dem dat sum make dem start coming to class as nd at when due or stop them from harassing our female students.. Make una free talk abeg..

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by publisher(m): 1:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
ASUU = APC

FG should either privatize all her Universities or consession to private managers.

Most Nigerians do not even know that all the Havards, Oxfords, Cambridges ets ARE PRIVATELY OWNED.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by tolurainbow(m): 1:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
We go old for house..tradin n farming on point..
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by WizPrince1(m): 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
Now i know ASUU is politcized. From N97b to N130b and now N3trillion. Maybe they have planned with GEJ's enemies and they are doing this to spoil Jonathan's Government and also making students to be frustrated. This is not good... Stop it.
PEOPLE WHO KNOWS THE TRUTH WON'T MAKE STUPID INSINUATIONS ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
fg should not implement ASUU demands. education sector should be sanitized first. irrelevant courses should be scraped. programme should be merged. for example bsc anatomy,physiology,biochem should be merged to bsc in medical sciences with an option in final year. lastly ASUU president should be appointed as education minister.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by ayoolar011(m): 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
0monnakoda: You are the one who is lazy and unthinking. Nigeria cannot afford? $7 Billion over what period 1 week ,1 month? I would rather not have fuel subsidy than the rubbish our Universities churn out much of which is on display on Nairaland. Nigerians spend billions on private universities and foreign ones too. We need to have a debate about HOW university education is funded. Going forward it probably should not be free and students need to pay more realistic fees.Government should decide to privatize many if not all the universities. Apart from corruption there is a lot of waste in our government eg Presidential jets ,Aso rock Feeding budget etc.
In just one year GEJ spent over 1 trilion naira that was NOT in the budget n fraudulent SUBSIDY bills so it is not true there is no money but even if there is money . I still argue students should pay tuition,and standards shoud be raised so our Universities can be competitive and PROFITABLE

What amount of education Do nigerian student expect to get, after paying tuition fee as low as #20'000 which is the amount been payd in fedral universities. as compared to what is being paid in other forign universities..

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
publisher: ASUU = APC

FG should either privatize all her Universities or consession to private managers.

Most Nigerians do not even know that all the Havards, Oxfords, Cambridges ets ARE PRIVATELY OWNED.
yes oh.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by papi365: 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
taharqa: Oga, am just Dumbfounded. As in, Speechless..... I was telling sm persons just sm few days ago that Nigerians are natural EXTREMISTS. Anytin we do, good or bad, goes to d Extreme... *smdh*
NA NAIJA IMMIGRATION OFFICERS I HATE PASS.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Soundmind(m): 1:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
Chai!
Are this people dreaming or what?
N3 trillion in 4 years?
Haba! This demand is too much.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by papi365: 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
greateros: For those shouting the mony is 2much, ar u aware that national asembly spnds more than that amount in 3years for doing nothn?

Anyway, if u thnk education is expensive, then try ignorance. . .
THOSE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY ARE D GREATEST OLE,BARROW,BAGA OF ALJ TIMES
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by carzola(m): 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
Choi... E be like say i go watch next year world cup for house,... Making sence!...
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by papi365: 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
ChiSun27:

For this your comment alone...will u marry me?
HMM AS U NO GET JOB,U WON MARRY AGAIN?
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by myOGAonTOP: 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
The GOVT. MUST not pay that, lubbish !!!
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
kasiem: how can this demand make my bribe taking lecturers to stop? how can this demand make my lecturers to improve in his teaching? how can this demand stop d sexual harrassment of girls by lecturers? how can this demand make my lecturer to stop delaying my results? how can this demand make my lecturer to stop adjourning lectures? so many questions to ask dear. these are the same set of selfish people that demanded and got 70yrs as retirement age when our youths are yet to get employed
God Bless You x100
lyk say no b d same exam person go stl do..thk God 4 unilorin sha

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by timpaker(m): 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
publisher: ASUU = APC

So from your summation, anybody that speak on an opinion that is different from the FG is an OPPOSITION?
Interesting... please tell me more
undecided undecided undecided
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by ayoolar011(m): 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
berem: There's nothing outrageous about the money.The education sector needs proper funding.If our leaders can send their kids to foreign schools that are well funded,why should they not equally fund our own universities to meet up to international standard? The money required is small compared to the excessive looting going on in the presidency. angry

Get u facts right... Most universities,foreign ones that is are more than 50% self sufficient. So the best thing is lets get our acts right and privatize these universties so the level of education can improve considerably
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by cyril10(m): 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
That is almost a year federal budget now, una be proper thieves.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by AlkalinGari: 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
awodman:

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ASUU-unions-demand-is-n3tn-not-n130bn/160469/
OMG!! That's a whole lot of money....well If actually there was such an agreement, then FG should kindly turn to the implementation page......
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
ASUU eeeehhhhhh..*cryingggg*
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by ayoolar011(m): 1:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
modextus: shocked 3,000 000 000 000??

I see...this ASUU dudes are clearly against this administration,they also don't wish nigeria and nigerians well.

I'm done believing thier crazy stories.they are just bunch of old men who are out to to suck this country dry for their own selfish intrest.

They aren't even bothered about what the students are going through..do ya'll think their own kids aren't schooling abroad as well?
They sure are schooling abroad or in one of those private universities in the country
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Anuoluwap(m): 1:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
One word: MIASMA
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by timwezzb(m): 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
Now that The government is getting shut down The crime rate will be higher,,more kids will be sick nd hungry,,nd more bitches will receive prostitution cases....... #‎SadButTru
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by WizPrince1(m): 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
When GEJ was telling you people that ASUU Strike is Politicized you didn't believe... Now you know

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Raymond405: 1:43pm On Oct 02, 2013
ASUU I will break your arms oh
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Walelavender(m): 1:43pm On Oct 02, 2013
I believe no substantial amount(3trillon) injected to education (responsibly) would be too much.However we should not be oblivious of the fact that the economy of this nation is going downhill as a result of wastages. Students should not be punished for this act of financial recklessness by the government. ASUU should please soft pedal,accept the so~called 'peanut'(130bllion) & fight another day for posterity sake.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Cuteclem: 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
yaradua signed this agreement because he knew he will not be alife to impliment it hmmmmm politics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Rahama Indimi Gushes About Zahra Buhari: "We're Happy To Have You" / Troops Neutralize Armed Bandits In Military Camouflage In Zamfara.Graphic Photos / Market Women, State Workers Welcoming Governor Adeleke To Secretariat(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.