Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,288 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn (33544 Views)

Jonathan Demanded Metuh's Corporate Bank Account To Pay Some Money - Witness / List Of People That Have Demanded Boko Haram Amnesty / Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Itydee(m): 6:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
Performance as ASUU Chairman is in how many and how terrible yo u can make students and the government suffer through strikes. ÀSUU have never bothered about the sexual abuses of female students and sale of marks for male students. They are senior cultists and never care about the few infrastrutures provided by Governmrmt. They sell pligirised hand out at cut thoat prices and use time mesnt tovteach students to do your private runs. Dont worry the seeds you have sown in the minds of this generation will be reaped in ur old age if u eventually live long enough to witness it. God will punish Fakkae and his cohorts. They are wasting away a whole generation on the alter of some lousy allowances. Where do they want Fed Govt to cough out 3trillion naira for them? What has been their revenue generating input to the national coffers. Mad men silly idiots
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by meccuno: 7:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
I pray they settle this issue once and for all.....the money I believe would be paid over. A period of years....its not too much too ask....the more we delay,the more the rot increases...and The more money that would be spent....our leaders. Are not serious....70% of our Budget spent on salaries....am sure they are just scared of not getting their salaries in The NASS........pray that the money doesn't get to 10 trillion. In 2015.....

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by SUBMARINE: 7:14pm On Oct 02, 2013
@ROSSIK God bless you. Why cant they develop new products, ideas, etc patent and sell them to both foreign and local organizations for profits. Eg Design ear/mouth piece that can interpret one language to another and sell it to religious and diplomatic organizations for profit.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by sammicayo(m): 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
If really ASUU fight is for d students, pls we d students are saying forget it. God will fight for us

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
It's not enough to say you want 800billion yearly for unis and other parts of the educational sector, what's the justification for this? ASUU should show tangible plans otherwise we will be flushing money down the drain. The problem is: everyone wants to use his office to grab as much as they can from the treasury. We all agree that the educational sector is in shambles (but so is every other sector), but we can't build castles in the air! why will we suddenly dole out so much for infrastructure in the universities when the students admitted into 100level are products of a neglected secondary school system and therefore do not have the basic requirements (and i'm not referring to the bogus waec certificates) to cope in the universities? In the end, these students frustrate the university system to let them go with paltry third class certificates which do not help much in the labour market (not because it says third class but because they can't justify even that). And the rate of unemployment gets worse.

Universities are overcrowded with all sorts, some have absolutely no business being there. But we are driven by uni-degrees, if you don't have one you are doomed. Every employer wants a guy with a uni degree, it doesn't matter whether you are employed to be a driver or an engineer. And this is not because one is required to know calculus in order to navigate a Corolla through town, but because employers have learned that in order to get a guy who has at least average communication skills, logical reasoning and maturity they have to search amongst graduates of unis. Even so, it is increasingly becoming 'slim pickins'. If secondary schools prepare students as they should, some employers would be satisfied with the Waec holder and the Waec certificate would be valuable. consequently, there will be less pressure on Unis and those who choose to proceed would be mentally prepared and willing to learn not because they need certificates to land minimal jobs. Pass percentages will rise and Unis would be seen to be doing well.

So many spend years at universities just to become unemployable youth while employers pass their verdict on our educational sector by inviting only first class and 2.1 graduates for interviews. Our certificates are that cheap in deed. And what becomes of the rest? Recently, the focus has been on teaching graduates to become entrepreneurs (especially during NYSC) but do you really need a degree in Physics to be a soap maker?. It is for these unemployed youth that initiatives like YouWin was thought up but how many of the lot can think creatively? obviously not enough.

Overhauling the educational sector must be holistic if we must believe the authenticity of the intention. i repeat: you can't build castles in the air, we should rather concentrate on the foundation. If ASUU is concerned about the status quo (and they should be) then they should conference with NUT and other parties concerned and come up with proposals to the ministry. 800b a year is all good, what is it for? let's be open and honest so that we know what to expect.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by adorable29(f): 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
berem: ASUU is not the only problem facing Nigeria but funding education should be of great concern.You cannot pretend to deny the fact that there's an absolute rot and decay in the education sector.If ASUU makes a demand to restore back the sector,why should they be denied of their demands? FG has the money so they should pay it.An agreement is always an agreement!
Is ASUU d only subsector of ds educational secto you speak about? Only dem 3trillion! Haba! Habatically!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Lawcurrent(m): 7:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
Now i see why my aunty which is a senior staff in sports complex at university of port harcourt said 'if government pay the money to ASUU, that #700,000 will be her own share' guy i hail oh, these is a real thing. ASUU na Oleee!!!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by ericgold(m): 8:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
Maybe tb joshua was write!!!

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by BekeeBuAgbara: 8:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
For those shouting Nigeria has the money to pay ASUU 3 trn naira for the period of three years, i want to remind them that 2013 federal budget is about 4.9 trn naira, with a population of about 160 million, this is not about corruption but the bitter truth is that Nigeria is not rich if we put the population into consideration.
Where will the FG get the money to pay? What about other sectors?

ASUU demand does not make sense.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by enyi1: 8:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
0monnakoda: You are the one who is lazy and unthinking. Nigeria cannot afford? $7 Billion over what period 1 week ,1 month? I would rather not have fuel subsidy than the rubbish our Universities churn out much of which is on display on Nairaland. Nigerians spend billions on private universities and foreign ones too. We need to have a debate about HOW university education is funded. Going forward it probably should not be free and students need to pay more realistic fees.Government should decide to privatize many if not all the universities. Apart from corruption there is a lot of waste in our government eg Presidential jets ,Aso rock Feeding budget etc.
In just one year GEJ spent over 1 trilion naira that was NOT in the budget n fraudulent SUBSIDY bills so it is not true there is no money but even if there is money . I still argue students should pay tuition,and standards shoud be raised so our Universities can be competitive and PROFITABLE

If fees were raised in your own time would you have been able to attend? Oya answer...
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by abubaka101: 8:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
ASUU wants $20b+, from where? Everybody knows there's a rot in the educational system, but this ASUU demand can never work!
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by bumtos(m): 8:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
What for? Is too much jare.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
If FG give ASUU 3trillion, security wil ask for 5trillion, medical association wil ask for 4.5trillion, NUT- 2.5trillion, NASU -2trillion, PHCN - 6trillion, ASUP-2trillion, COEASU-1.7trillion, SSANU-1trillion.....
Wat wil hapen 2 Nigeria?
ASUU=OLE
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 02, 2013
Muyiwa Mike: I'm not supporting FG but i must confess that ASUU's demands is undoubtedly outrageous and mark my words,even if d FG shud release the money today that's where it's gonna stop coz these people are only seeking public backing by claiming that they want FG to rehabilitate and improve our universities,they're basically after their arrears.. many of them are little gods in our schools, they extort, frustrate, fail, harrass and rusticate any student that fails to do their will. They rarely come to class,they value their lucrative handout business than giving lectures. Upon all the acceptance fees,tuition fees,post Utme fees and all the various registrations that we undergo every semester,u barely see any development. My point is just as FG is a pain in the ass to most Nigerians,so is ASUU to most students and yet they say they want $7b...choii..$7b ko..gbogbo dollars aye yii ni..if Somalia should have that kind of money..na a whole year dem go take celebrate am #Mtcheeew

I love your opinion. No wonder those guys keep talking about what the NASS members earn !
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
There is a functional workshop in my dept yet i've only been there once because d lecturers cant even perform d practicals. wat infrastructure are dey fightin 4? street lights or laboratories dat wil not be utilized. ASUU pls focus on ur handout sales!!
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by spark4daz(f): 9:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
Relaxin wit a cup of hot tea #singing 'ALL izz WELL'[b]Relaxin wit a cup of hot tea #singing 'ALL izz WELL'[/b]Relaxin wit a cup of hot tea #singing 'ALL izz WELL'
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by UnimkeAk(m): 9:18pm On Oct 02, 2013
InvertedHammer:
I still think it is a disservice to the civil servants to work their behinds off for paltry sum (if paid at all) when the legislooters

collect billions (even though most of them don't attend sessions). How come we never hear that the legislooters are owed

salaries in arrears?

[b]Even freaking Hippopotamus collects millions without any official responsibilities other than being the wife of GEJ

I think ASUU should take radical approach to this gargantuan profligacy.[/b]

Haha try harder bro, u were almost funny, maybe nxt time
Dumb ass
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 02, 2013
3trilion what? For wetin?

Bleep ASSU....

Restructure the uni system, FIRE any modaf**king lecturer

Cut ASUU wings like NGF's

Damn ASUU

130b or NOTHING

No Retreat
No Surrender
In GEJ wE trust
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by SME1: 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
Both ASUU and fg are all bunch of rogues, who have no shame and care less of what nigerian students are going through. We are not fools and we do know ASUU demselves are fighting for their own pockets and jus hiding under the shade of they want to make the education system better. My God will punish all of them and they shall have no peace. They are all playing politics putting the lives of our students in jeopardy. Shameless people
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by abacrested(f): 9:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
ASUU 800b,NUT 800b,health 800b,FERMA 800b,power800b,water. 800b,UBE800b,haba,make we pity dis country,wecan't reach dea in one day abeg,we all that the country was in a mess wen dis govt came in,al the Sectors wea abandoned for too long,let's tackle all this simultaneously rather than chanelling all the resources in one sector.ASUU should be reasonable to an xtent
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by UnimkeAk(m): 9:43pm On Oct 02, 2013
berem: There's nothing outrageous about the money.The education sector needs proper funding.If our leaders can send their kids to foreign schools that are well funded,why should they not equally fund our own universities to meet up to international standard? The money required is small compared to the excessive looting going on in the presidency. angry

Proper funding my foot, please stop displaying ur ignorance here.. Dumbbass
Do u tink sch fees is btw 10 - 20k naira for federal universities and also btw 50- 100k naira for state universities abroad.. Schools abroad get their funding from fees. The average fees in the Uk for a Uk/ EU student is 9000pounds that is about 2.5million naira.
If tuition fees are increased, u'll cry foul yet u want quality education
Its only in this country that every body wants to rely on the govt.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by tomakint: 9:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
Brokenbars: If FG give ASUU 3trillion, security wil ask for 5trillion, medical association wil ask for 4.5trillion, NUT- 2.5trillion, NASU -2trillion, PHCN - 6trillion, ASUP-2trillion, COEASU-1.7trillion, SSANU-1trillion.....
Wat wil hapen 2 Nigeria?
ASUU=OLE
Finally, someone got it right wink trust me if the FG pays those clownish ASUU 10 trillion naira today, I can bet in 10 years time they will demand for 20 trillion they are that demonic! Definitely, this is political undecided
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by siaindeed: 9:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
As the situation regarding the on-going ASUU industrial action is, the truth of the said Memoranda of Understanding(MoU) could be known if the two warring parties can publicize a copy of MoU entered into. Without this, who should we blame? This latest development about the ASUU demand needs to be addressed now before it would worsen the situation of entire economy badly.
We have other sectors to be funded, but is the latest development truly contained in FG-ASUU 2009 MoU agreement? We need to see the copy of the agreement before we know what to say. This, however, also will reveal all signatory to the said agreement.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by eyobeda(m): 9:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
3 trillion ke. Incredible. How much is Naija budget
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by homody(m): 10:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
The money no much now, why everybody come dey complain, tell ASUU to contact me I will solve there problem one time...
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by mubalex50(m): 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2013
I'm a student of Nasarawa state university, a politcal science, am in my final year, I bliv dis is just propaganda, bt if dis is true, ASUU is a useless nd greedy association dat dnt want development 4 our great nation.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by addictiv(m): 10:22pm On Oct 02, 2013
but they signed it.............an agreement is a binding contract and the govt should not develop cold feet now since the time to fufil it is long overdue ......heard it was 1.5 trn....to span for a four year duration.....now if the govt had adhered to to agreement, it should be subject to renewal at the end of 2013. then a new agreement would be drawn up after considering how the first one fared and a decision would be made on whether to increase the funding or not.......now ASUU is only asking for 400bn which should have been paid in 2009......then another would be paid nxt year....and it goes on till the system has stood. now Assuming the FG cant sustain these payment plan...it is only right that they adhere to the first contract which is abt 1.5trn and fulfill it then at the end of four yrs when its time to renegotiate...they can withdraw from the plan and ask ASUU to source for funds internally which ASUU will do.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
Unimke_Ak:

Proper funding my foot, please stop displaying ur ignorance here.. Dumbbass
Do u tink sch fees is btw 10 - 20k naira for federal universities and also btw 50- 100k naira for state universities abroad.. Schools abroad get their funding from fees. The average fees in the Uk for a Uk/ EU student is 9000pounds that is about 2.5million naira.
If tuition fees are increased, u'll cry foul yet u want quality education
Its only in this country that every body wants to rely on the govt.

For home students its abt 4000pounds,don't peddle false info
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by debbleopto: 10:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
Joavid:

Thank u jare.
Do u kow how much universities earn from the sale of postUTME form alone?? A form is as much as 3000 to 5000naira and millions buy that form only for a few to be admitted...

ASUU is just an avenue for corrupt and greedy men to reap were they did not sow.

At the end of the day,na students dey suffer am.

I would have said it was good you were not admitted with this uncooked brain and stark ignorance for ur age into university. How many did exam and how many will buy post jamb that scored more than 200. assuming 1 million bought at 3000 naira that is 3 billion naira. so is 3 billion enough to go round more than 100 UNIVERSITIES AND POLYTECHNICS.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by debbleopto: 10:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
Joavid:

Thank u jare.
Do u kow how much universities earn from the sale of postUTME form alone?? A form is as much as 3000 to 5000naira and millions buy that form only for a few to be admitted...

ASUU is just an avenue for corrupt and greedy men to reap were they did not sow.

At the end of the day,na students dey suffer am.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by kayClt(f): 10:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
Dis ASUU old folks hv gone way to far,3 trillion frm where biko?even the 130bn neva show face nah d 3trillion go cum surface abi.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Alamyn90(m): 10:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
Dis is gettin very serios.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Obaseki Gives Rapper Razaly N10m With 3-Year Record Deal (Photos) / photo: Nigerian Voters Usin Stones And Bottles To Keep Space Ahead Of Votin / Jonathan Doled Out N100bn, $295m Cash In Two Weeks – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.