Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn (33527 Views)

Jonathan Demanded Metuh's Corporate Bank Account To Pay Some Money - Witness / List Of People That Have Demanded Boko Haram Amnesty / Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Danhumprey: 8:48am On Oct 02, 2013
ayusco85: 3 trillion? And to think i had just one or two month to graduate. #SMH for myself for been so unlucky with ma nationality
Easy,bro. Don't give up on Nigeria too soon. There is hope in the horizon. Cheers.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by luvmijeje(f): 8:52am On Oct 02, 2013
For a President whose only achievement in the educational sector is to take inventory, how much is 3trn spread over 3yrs? If not that we have a visionless President, by now is he not suppose to find a way out of this stalemate. If he doesn't have a solution, he should honorably resign.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by jurykoko(m): 9:00am On Oct 02, 2013
Student are really tired of the whole issues, is that assu can not understand the situation of government plight? Or government is the one misunderstanding assu,To me there is a political gamble! If at least government should release the sum of 1billion as part of the[ mou] I guess lectures should be wisefull to atleast understand government point of views! As regard to the 3trillion which the lectures are still demanding! I believe there is a memo which contains all statement been made by government! But if that wanna cause colosion, they should settle it through peaceful dailog by showing various agreement been entered into, and with that matters can be solved Peaceful, but lectures should try and get back to school, because student can not affored to stay at home doing nothing,
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by kolapo001: 9:01am On Oct 02, 2013
Ibeg i wan ask ONE question:

Shey afta ASUU collect this money will we students be license to free food or what will be our gain other than packing more materials to give to us?? coz we sef dey work for this money atleast we follow them go strike. shocked undecided

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 02, 2013
One thing is for sure, ASUU is not getting that money, if they like let them strike till hell freezes.
Nonsense!

10 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by sogoisrael(m): 10:38am On Oct 02, 2013
Using your selfish demand to Halt academic process isn't right man.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by BekeeBuAgbara: 10:45am On Oct 02, 2013
luvmijeje: For a President whose only achievement in the educational sector is to take inventory, how much is 3trn spread over 3yrs? If not that we have a visionless President, by now is he not suppose to find a way out of this stalemate. If he doesn't have a solution, he should honorably resign.
Do you think that 3 trillion naira is one kobo?

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 02, 2013
wen govt pay the 3trn then students would pay 3million fr school fees
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Boss13: 10:46am On Oct 02, 2013
berem: There's nothing outrageous about the money.The education sector needs proper funding.If our leaders can send their kids to foreign schools that are well funded,why should they not equally fund our own universities to meet up to international standard? The money required is small compared to the excessive looting going on in the presidency. angry

Is allowances proper funding for universities? Is paying lecturers allowances automatically put Nigerian universities as par with the Harvards and Columbia's of the world?

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Kebson(f): 11:04am On Oct 02, 2013
It hot me, when sum1 will jst cum out here and say d money ASUU is demanding is outrageous, for What !!? How much is d so call FG spending on d useless Niger delta amnesty wat eva, how much hav they spend on PhcN, wit nothing to write abt with it current situation,and imagine u signed an agreement without even given them anything for four years...seriously FG no dey try...

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Kingspin(m): 11:06am On Oct 02, 2013
So the whole 3 trillion must be paid today and the infrastructures build today before the strike could be called off. In that case every project should start and finish the same day. Senior madness. While the state govts are busy looting both state & university fund with students paying higher fees in school. ASUU should try to be reasonable in resolving the issue how can you demand for e.g that all Federal road must be completed today.. Already the demands have a problem.

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Kingspin(m): 11:30am On Oct 02, 2013
Kebson: It hot me, when sum1 will jst cum out here and say d money ASUU is demanding is outrageous, for What !!? How much is d so call FG spending on d useless Niger delta amnesty wat eva, how much hav they spend on PhcN, wit nothing to write abt with it current situation,and imagine u signed an agreement without even given them anything for four years...seriously FG no dey try...
Let ur state feed on what they can produce and than shall Niger Delta be free from many injustice. How can 7- 9 states be feeding a whole country, 36 states and 150 million Nigerian while other states become lazy nationally. Non of you put the oil in the Niger Delta region so go locate and develop your state potentials naturally or man made. No pay (Militant) no sharing of monthly allocation. Nigeria economy will suffer kwashiorkor if anything happen to one pipeline. I want a competition among all the states. We cant be answering one Nigeria with oil in our mind. Let every state be known for something nationally.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by jmaine: 11:36am On Oct 02, 2013
luvmijeje: For a President whose only achievement in the educational sector is to take inventory, how much is 3trn spread over 3yrs? If not that we have a visionless President, by now is he not suppose to find a way out of this stalemate. If he doesn't have a solution, he should honorably resign.

So Mr/Mrs Intelligent. . . .Kindly advice on the matter as if you were GEJ . ..

Ayam wetin for ya ansa . . . . . cool

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 02, 2013
Ok na.

ASUU: 3 Trillion

I am suggesting that others should catch up with this kind of demand!

NASU: 2Trillion
NUT: 2Trillion
PHCN workers: 2 Trillion
Police: 2.5 Trillion
Armed Forces: 10 Trillion (consider Boko Haram and future militants)
Doctors: 3 Trillion
Nurses: 1.5 Trillion
Militants: 5 Trillion
Assembly Members: 20 Trillion

Others should submit their own Trillion here!

As for me, it is only in a country where the citizens are unproductive and bereft of creative ideas that demand is made like this!

I am ashamed to be called Nigerian!

18 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by timpaker(m): 11:41am On Oct 02, 2013
[b]ASUU is on point! An agreement is an agreement.
I wonder why the FG can't keep to their words, in the agreement signed in 2009, the FG agreed to revitalize the educational section with increase funding and infrastructural development, so why are they chickening out? why are they crying foul? why are they saying ASUU has been politicized and hijacked by the opposition?

It is obvious that the FG is playing with future of the Nigerian student. Many people may not know this but the strike has nothing to do with lecturers allowances or welfare as wildly speculated, the issue is adequate funding of the universities. In this present age where most countries are busy development investing in human development (through appropriate funding in research and otherwise), Nigeria is busy playing politics with the future of her citizens. All ASUU want is adequate funding and nothing more. It is even more annoying to hear from the President (a lecturer) who was part of the agreement signing of 2009 to keep this issue on gridlock.
Please note that the money in question will not be given to ASUU members, leaders or lecturers, the money will go to the Univeristy Council which i believe is being controlled by the Government itself (It is like releasing money from FG to FG).

If the FG want the lecturers to go back to the classrooms, i think they should sign a new agreement prohibiting government officials, political appointees and leaders from sending their children abroad. If they make it an offence punishable by law for such Officers to send their children abroad to study then i believe the educational system would get the attention it desires.

Finally, I believe ASUU has failed in sensitizing the general public on this issue hence the various utterances coming out from Nigerians. The general public need to know that ASUU has no interest in the said fund when it is released.

Standard is standard and a sub standard shouldn't be considered a standard no matter how standardized it seem to appear it will NEVER be up to stardard (what a pun! grin grin grin) [/b]

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by feelamong(m): 11:44am On Oct 02, 2013
That money is small money.. if only the govt wants to be sincere..

How much did the govt/CBN print to bail out the banks when Sanusi came on board?

How much did the got use to pay for the Presidential jets that are parked most times in the airports?

How much did the govt spend on the Armnesty programme?

How much have been spent on Fuel subsidy for those fraudulent importers?

Ok if there is no money at hand; what stops the govt from going to the capital market to raise funds via a bond?

if they can raise funds for other things why cant they raise funds from the capital market for Education?

it just shows how we take education in this country....mchweeeeeee!!! angry

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by tdade(m): 11:45am On Oct 02, 2013
Isn't this meant to be in the education section?
I've created one there without realizing this has already been created, and I recommended it for FP. Try recommending this one for FP too, seeing as you created it first, just in case. I expect MODs to look at the time both were created.

@topic: this strike will go on till next year, if not longer.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by touch4mony: 12:11pm On Oct 02, 2013
Ekawu: FG pls implement d agreement u entered with ASUU
if u can bring yaradua back to life to come and inplement the agreement which sector of nigeria economy has gotten such amount of money in 4yrs.if i may will this their demand reduce the high cost of school fee if i many ask will handout go for free will dey stop sorting and sexual harrasment of our lady in order to pass exams.for me ASUU is a union of criminals

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by taharqa: 12:11pm On Oct 02, 2013
noblezone: Ok na.

ASUU: 3 Trillion

I am suggesting that others should catch up with this kind of demand!

NASU: 2Trillion
NUT: 2Trillion
PHCN workers: 2 Trillion
Police: 2.5 Trillion
Armed Forces: 10 Trillion (consider Boko Haram and future militants)
Doctors: 3 Trillion
Nurses: 1.5 Trillion
Militants: 5 Trillion
Assembly Members: 20 Trillion

Others should submit their own Trillion here!

As for me, it is only in a country where the citizens are unproductive and bereft of creative ideas that demand is made like this!

I am ashamed to be called Nigerian!
Oga, am just Dumbfounded. As in, Speechless..... I was telling sm persons just sm few days ago that Nigerians are natural EXTREMISTS. Anytin we do, good or bad, goes to d Extreme... *smdh*

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by touch4mony: 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
Ekawu: FG pls implement d agreement u entered with ASUU
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 02, 2013
touch4mony: Ekawu: FG pls implement d agreement u entered with ASUU

Bro, it was Yaradua's led Government that agreed to this madness with ASUU.

3 Trillion Naira is not 3 Billion, not 3 Million, not 3 Thousand, not 3 Hundred and not 3 Naira!

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by kasiem(m): 12:22pm On Oct 02, 2013
berem: ASUU is not the only problem facing Nigeria but funding education should be of great concern.You cannot pretend to deny the fact that there's an absolute rot and decay in the education sector.If ASUU makes a demand to restore back the sector,why should they be denied of their demands? FG has the money so they should pay it.An agreement is always an agreement!
how can this demand make my bribe taking lecturers to stop? how can this demand make my lecturers to improve in his teaching? how can this demand stop d sexual harrassment of girls by lecturers? how can this demand make my lecturer to stop delaying my results? how can this demand make my lecturer to stop adjourning lectures? so many questions to ask dear. these are the same set of selfish people that demanded and got 70yrs as retirement age when our youths are yet to get employed

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 02, 2013
For those shouting the mony is 2much, ar u aware that national asembly spnds more than that amount in 3years for doing nothn?

Anyway, if u thnk education is expensive, then try ignorance. . .

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by ChiSun27(m): 12:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
berem: There's nothing outrageous about the money.The education sector needs proper funding.If our leaders can send their kids to foreign schools that are well funded,why should they not equally fund our own universities to meet up to international standard? The money required is small compared to the excessive looting going on in the presidency. angry

For this your comment alone...will u marry me?
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
greateros: For those shouting the mony is 2much, ar u aware that national asembly spnds more than that amount in 3years for doing nothn?

Anyway, if u thnk education is expensive, then try ignorance. . .
Gbam!
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by omenka(m): 1:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
bloggernaija: These guys like the politicians are a bunch of jokers .
Lazy ,unthinking typical Nigerian .
In that organisation ,is there nobody there to do the maths that Nigeria cannot afford that much money ,even if the country was not corrupt?
That is about $7 billion in a country where over 50% are very very poor.

Don't be deceived young man, Nigeria has that kind of money. Think about it, Jonathan with his accomplices stole over a trillion naira in the name of subsidy to execute his 2011 presidential ambition.
Also, last year, defense budget was over a trillion!!
While at it, throw in the presidential air fleet (and Jonathan's knack for sending the country's planes to go convey foreigners from their country down here to attend useless meetings)

Now, why is it so difficult to spend same or a good fraction of the agreed amount on education??
The answer is very simple : because the children of the thieves who run this country have nothing to do with it's education system whatsoever.

And the big question indeed, just as Fagae put it, is "I want to ask one basic question: Is it political to
ask government to be responsible enough to implement an agreement she willingly entered into?."

In saner climes, things like this is capable of bringing a govt down to its knees, but here you see the clown carrying on with his stupid hat and stupid smile like there's something funny about the country's deplorable condition.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Dospix(m): 1:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
Seriously for me, spending even 100tn cannot and will not be able to change the state of things in our universities if our lecturers do not change their attitude. We keep lamenting that the infrastructures in our tertiary institution are in a state of quagmire because of the inability of our government to perform their fundamental duties, forgetting that a large chunk of the problems we face in our universities are self made by some irresponsible lecturers. Nigerian students, we sure need to wake up from our slumber; this group called ASUU do not have our interest in mind.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by solomon111(m): 1:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
omenka:

Don't be deceived young man, Nigeria has that kind of money. Think about it, Jonathan with his accomplices stole over a trillion naira in the name of subsidy to execute his 2011 presidential ambition.
Also, last year, defense budget was over a trillion!!
While at it, throw in the presidential air fleet (and Jonathan's knack for sending the country's planes to go convey foreigners from their country down here to attend useless meetings)

Now, why is it so difficult to spend same or a good fraction of the agreed amount on education??
The answer is very simple : because the children of the thieves who run this country have nothing to do with it's education system whatsoever.

And the big question indeed, just as Fagae put it, is "I want to ask one basic question: Is it political to
ask government to be responsible enough to implement an agreement she willingly entered into?."

In saner climes, things like this is capable of bringing a govt down to its knees, but here you see the clown carrying on with his stupid hat and stupid smile like there's something funny about the country's deplorable condition.
you are an idiott.
The defence budget of a country under constant terrorist attacks is what you are using to justify this ASUU madness?
I am sure those students killed at yobe university will agree with me that you are a morøn.
The rest of what you wrote there is nonsense and does not justify a reply.

11 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by moscobabs(m): 1:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
this ASUU sef na Thief

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by yeyeman92(m): 1:21pm On Oct 02, 2013
solomon111: you are an idiott.
The defence budget of a country under constant terrorist attacks is what you are using to justify this ASUU madness?
I am sure those students killed at yobe university will agree with me that you are a morøn.
The rest of what you wrote there is nonsense and does not justify a reply.
Mumu why u call am idiot Lolz
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by papi365: 1:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
Jamey Maxwell: ASUU na Oleeee
ASUU WON FINISH NAIJA

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by yeyeman92(m): 1:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
moscobabs: this ASUU sef na Thief
Guy cool down.. U like quarrell oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Synagogue: Lagos Suspends Probe / U.S., Presidency Fire Jonathan Over Poll, Graft / Osinbajo orders 24-hour operations at Apapa Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.