Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn (33522 Views)

Jonathan Demanded Metuh's Corporate Bank Account To Pay Some Money - Witness / List Of People That Have Demanded Boko Haram Amnesty / Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Funpeter: 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
ayoolar011:

What amount of education Do nigerian student expect to get, after paying tuition fee as low as #20'000 which is the amount been payd in fedral universities. as compared to what is being paid in other forign universities..
Even those who pay 200k in State Uni dont ave quality educations too, Na make God help us ooo.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by iknopro(m): 1:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
Hmmmmm I dey pity my girlfriend and my younger brother. Sorry swthrt tak heart its well
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by danieee(m): 1:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
0monnakoda: You are the one who is lazy and unthinking. Nigeria cannot afford? $7 Billion over what period 1 week ,1 month? I would rather not have fuel subsidy than the rubbish our Universities churn out much of which is on display on Nairaland. Nigerians spend billions on private universities and foreign ones too. We need to have a debate about HOW university education is funded. Going forward it probably should not be free and students need to pay more realistic fees.Government should decide to privatize many if not all the universities. Apart from corruption there is a lot of waste in our government eg Presidential jets ,Aso rock Feeding budget etc.
In just one year GEJ spent over 1 trilion naira that was NOT in the budget n fraudulent SUBSIDY bills so it is not true there is no money but even if there is money . I still argue students should pay tuition,and standards shoud be raised so our Universities can be competitive and PROFITABLE

I agree with you.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by profola2be(m): 1:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
yunglykmine: They shuld have asked for the whole annual budget nau..
And you should have told your LOW thinking President not to have entered into an Agreement it can't fulfil!
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by NaijaNaWaa: 1:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
No wonder dem de call themselves A5sUU
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
profola2be:
And you should have told your LOW thinking President not to have entered into an Agreement it can't fulfil!
oga no b broda jona sign am jare
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Cuteclem: 1:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
Walelavender: I believe no substantial amount(3trillon) injected to education (responsibly) would be too much.However we should not be oblivious of the fact that the economy of this nation is going downhill as a result of wastages. Students should not be punished for this act of financial recklessness by the government. ASUU should please soft pedal,accept the so~called 'peanut'(130bllion) & fight another day for posterity sake.

Thank you my brother except ofcourse they have being political
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by launique: 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by ellab(f): 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
Jesu...ole ni won. Awon jati jati.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by publisher(m): 1:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
In fact FG should indeed privatize all its uiniversities and convert this N3trillion into student loans, grants and scholarships.
State govenments can however maintain the status-quo.
I think this is what obtains in most advanced societies.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
berem: ASUU is not the only problem facing Nigeria but funding education should be of great concern.You cannot pretend to deny the fact that there's an absolute rot and decay in the education sector.If ASUU makes a demand to restore back the sector,why should they be denied of their demands? FG has the money so they should pay it.An agreement is always an agreement!
Please stop saying that ASSU wants to use the money to restore back
the sector. We both know it's not true. If you passed thru a Nigerian university you will understand that those lecturers don't care about anything else but their
pay. If govt pays this staggering amount to just universities alone what of polytechnics and colleges of education. Let's be realistic and stop bringing hatred of GEJ into everything.
ASSU started this fight telling students
that politicians were earning jumbo pay and they also want to, now that has it has become an unpopular reason they have turned it into a fight for saving Nigerian universities. There is no difference between those lecturers and Nigerian politicians.

14 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by jking001(m): 1:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
[/quote]The National President of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Dr. Nasir Fagge, has accused the federal government of not telling Nigerians the truth about the demand of the union as regards the government’s statement that the union's demand has been met.
According to Fagge, ASUU had a Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) with the federal government for it to spend over N3 trillion to turn around the fortune of all federal and state universities and also to better the lot of the educational sector in the country.[quote]

See this man adding state university that their school fees is as high as that of their private counterpart ,see broad day light cheating on nigeria students in state owned university, if private uni's can function well without problem talk more of established state owned uni,which is already established and demanding same school fee and still have the effontry to follow fed ASUU lecturers to go on strike nigeria students must be a joke sha this pppl are with your money and they refuse to teach u,9ja students your destiny is in your hand i urge you to protest against ASUU oppression,because if you had known this stupid strike would affect u most of you would have opted for private owned institution what's the diffrence.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by leofab(f): 1:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
berem: Did Ngozi Okonjo Iweala or Sanusi Lamido tell you the FG doesn't have that kind of money to give to ASUU? Sentiments aside,FG should stop telling Nigerians that the strike is being politicized and pay the gaddiem money to ASUU! My younger brother is already tired of staying at home! angry
how much is Nigerian Annual Budget? Common be realistic. We know our lectures, one lecturer once said that his job pays him more than an oil worker. The money will still end up in the wrong pocket. Dubious ASUU.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by timwezzb(m): 1:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
Come On Guys "3 trillion" Will Not Even Upgreat "10 Universities" including Their "POCKET" Ooooooooooo!
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by feezy(m): 1:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
angryNA WU SAY NAIJA NO GET DAT KIND OF MONEY sef. HOW MUCH DO THEY MAKE oN OIL PRODUCTION iN A WEEK... If dem give ASUU dat one shey E NO GO reach niiiiii..... Mstchewwwww Federal gov. Don dey make nigerians think like poor Men.. Y dem even sign D 2009 iss b4... ABEGGIII.... ASUU CONTINuAL..... VICTORIA ACATA....
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by arenti(m): 1:56pm On Oct 02, 2013
ASUU the trillonaires
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by knightsamsong(m): 1:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
governmnt alone cannot and shuld not fund d unoversities...our lecturers r some of the laziest and wicked in the world! what major discovery have any of these institutions come up with?...instead, the lives of we d students r tempered with in institutions dat r to provide knwledge, many young girls r rapped by lecturers...I pity dos useless lecturers...dey r worst dan d governmnt!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by timpaker(m): 1:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
Ada Nri1: Please stop saying that ASSU wants to use the money to restore back
the sector
. We both know it's not true. If you passed thru a Nigerian university you will understand that those lecturers don't care about anything else but their
pay. If govt pays this staggering amount to just universities alone what of polytechnics and colleges of education. Let's be realistic and stop bringing hatred of GEJ into everything.
ASSU started this fight telling students
that politicians were earning jumbo pay and they also want to, now that has it has become an unpopular reason they have turned it into a fight for saving Nigerian universities. There is no difference between those lecturers and Nigerian politicians.

Please permit me to correct you, the money will not be under ASUU care when released, It will be disbursed to the university council ( which is controlled by the FG), so basically what ASUU is doing to imploring the government to revitalize the educational section, #DATSALL

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by sagewonders(m): 1:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
Have you ever think of having your own bulksms website. I have goodnews for you. You can get a reliable bulksms website like www.superbsms.com FREE. You will Only pay for Domain N4,000 only. This offer ends today. Call 08135146188 2go sagewonders
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by phyktor(m): 2:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
Rara o....dey won build more universities ni or wat.....itz so illogical n inrational at all....i doubt dz sha......
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
Fu*ck ASUU because govt. is never going to give them that kind of money, fu*ck them again because they don't worth it.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by purpinkx(m): 2:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
I guess FG didn't read "the terms and conditions" before signing ASUU agreement ...

Second to Last bullet: i'm tired of school self ... Those wey graduate never find work !
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by eagleeye2: 2:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
Yes the demand is outrageous. But our SINators and RepresentaTHIEVES should also know that their take home pay is equally outrageous. Not to talk about the Presidents feeding allowance.
Moreover, all these politicians have none of their wards at home.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by emmaelectelect(m): 2:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
berem: Did Ngozi Okonjo Iweala or Sanusi Lamido tell you the FG doesn't have that kind of money to give to ASUU? Sentiments aside,FG should stop telling Nigerians that the strike is being politicized and pay the gaddiem money to ASUU! My younger brother is already tired of staying at home! angry
Friend If GEJ adopt OBJ style by stopping this guys Salaries they will surely return to class and there woun't be need to ask if Sanusi or Iweala got that kind of cash
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Dospix(m): 2:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
timpaker:

SMH undecided
transfer your aggression to the FG, ASUU has nothing to do with the fund, they just want a better working infrastructure that the FG promised them. abi dem jazz them when them sign the agreement?
I cannot be deceived. We all know that the reason why they are yet to call off the strike is because the federal government is yet to give them their full allowances. I am also not exonerating the federal government from the whole strike saga, what i am saying is that, no matter the amount of money pumped into our universities if the lecturers do not change from their lackadaisical attitude towards their fundamental responsibility, our tertiary institutions will still keep dancing in feces.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by ITbomb(m): 2:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
timpaker:

Please permit me to correct you, the money will not be under ASUU care when released, It will be disbursed to the university council ( which is controlled by the FG), so basically what ASUU is doing to imploring the government to revitalize the educational section, #DATSALL
I just wish everybody including the probably ignorant Nigerian students could understand this.
[size=14pt]ASUU is saying release N3trn to the Governing Council of Universities (SSANU not ASUU) to use and equip ur classroom , laboratories, engineering workshops, hostel and you all are here shouting it is too much[/size] . When Senators are using the same amount to furnish their houses home and abroad.
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
NO WORK NO PAY..daz juz it

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Decryptor(m): 2:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
These ASUU lectures are bunch of greedy pigs. They are demanding for the money for selfish reasons. the other time that they went on strike, a lecturer whom i know very well in UNIABUJA who was riding a motorcycle bought a Sequior jeep after the FG answered them. Thieves...what makes them different from those senators? mtchewwwwwww

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by timpaker(m): 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
emmaelectelect: Friend If GEJ adopt OBJ style by stopping this guys Salaries they will surely return to class and there woun't be need to ask if Sanusi or Iweala got that kind of cash

make them stop the salary na. Enough is enough!
If we can't hold the government by their words then i don't think we deserve anything from them
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by Dannizul(m): 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
So according to "Mr jonathan" anything that happens now is politicized?? This dude needs to chill
Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by atlwireles: 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
ASUU wants N3T for federal universities or are state schools included too

There are 22 millions kids in primary and secondary schools in Nigeria are they included too??

Somebody talked about the NASS spending N150B per year. They forget, that the same assembly employs 5,000 civil service workers. Their salaries and allowances are included in the N150B.

ASUU makes the best case for decentralization, a one size fits all government is bound to fail. Even communist China will not put up with ASUU.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Demanded For N3tn, Not N130bn by timpaker(m): 2:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
ITbomb:
I just wish everybody including the probably ignorant Nigerian students could understand this.
[size=14pt]ASUU is saying release N3trn to the Governing Council of Universities (SSANU not ASUU) to use and equip ur classroom , laboratories, engineering workshops, hostel and you all are here shouting it is too much[/size] . When Senators are using the same amount to furnish their houses home and abroad.

don't mind them. I wish ASUU could just sensitize some people cuz its obvious most people don't know what the strike is all about

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Apc Presidential Campaign Rally In Kano.....#change.... / Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) / Rahama Indimi Gushes About Zahra Buhari: "We're Happy To Have You"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.