Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:53 PM

A Special Message For Unmarried Women - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Special Message For Unmarried Women (34483 Views)

Why Nigerian Unmarried Women Will Increase In No / 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve / Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by blackpanda: 1:28pm On Oct 07, 2013
Interesting read, and it makes a lot of sense too.....in the perfect world, that is!

Unfortunately, we are in naija. Most ladies know all this already but lack the courage to follow their heart, or at the very least, common sense. Not when society has already tagged them as "lesser than their married counterparts, or when parents (especially mothers) are eager to marry them off to whomever just for the pleasure of having "inlaws" and "grandkids". Nevermind the lady will be miserable for the rest of her earthly life

But its also more interesting to note that the pressure is not only one sided. Men also face pressures these days from parents to pick a bride. And it must be one that is from the same ethnic group and willing to succumb to the orders of her inlaws. Whether the man loves his wife or not is irrelevant! The only problem is that most men will succumb to the pressure long before they even realise that it was a big mistake. And by the time they realise, there's only one person to vent the anger on, the dear wife!

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by RedCard1(m): 1:28pm On Oct 07, 2013
kennygee: Some men are not looking for wives, they are looking for baby popping machines, laundry women, cooks and nannies. Once you are married to this type of man, he takes pleasure in younger women, beware of men like this too.
men even dey scarce for market. Majority sef na gay so there's no much hope for the single ladies out there.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 07, 2013
kennygee: Some men are not looking for wives, they are looking for baby popping machines, laundry women, cooks and nannies. Once you are married to this type of man, he takes pleasure in younger women, beware of men like this too.

Thats not true Aunty, the reason why the men go for younger women is because the wives feels like since they are married now she can now do away with those things that caught the eyes of the husband, like baring it all at home, if you bare it all for your husband for 2years he will get tired of seeing those things, so try as much as possible to get him guessing always, be on top notch of your game as a wife like you guys are just some young bf/gf, sexually educate your mind more to be able to arouse his intellect as well as his louins every evening when he gets home, keep him running home to have a taste of your dish during his break period, keep sending him SMS while he is at work, tell him you want him to take you out this weekend, make him buy you gifts. abeg 9ja women always thinks that once they are married their world has now come to an end for the struggle of having a man, failing to understand that keeping him is the most important thing

10 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by AkinDavid2: 1:29pm On Oct 07, 2013
just passing
----oooO----
----(----)----
-----\--(--
------\_)-
-----------Oooo ---
-----------(--- -)---
------------)-- /----
------------(_/ - BY
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by politicalpastor: 1:29pm On Oct 07, 2013
no, stay single and continue in BRAVO until you see Brazil.
aunty or sister, you go still remain for your PAPA house ohh.

Bootylicious: Lovely write-up...
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by hustla(m): 1:30pm On Oct 07, 2013
*chews sand*
grin
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 07, 2013
Great write-up, i hope and pray our ladies heed to ur your suggestions...

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by lekpalicious(f): 1:30pm On Oct 07, 2013
Great topic op. Finally a topic that makes sense hits frontpage. Women need to change their way of thinking. Its not the end of the world if you are not married yet(as per the 'norm' age). I always say i will rather end up alone and unmarried than rush into a marriage that will make me miserable for the rest of my life simply because of me settling for rubbish just because of desperation. If you allow a man to treat you a certain way, he will continue to do so. I'd also advice women to try and get educated and earn some form of income because when the going gets tough, you know that no matter what you will be able to take care of yourself and kids.

4 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Okijajuju1(m): 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2013
As at my last count...

10 Lonely women liked the OP's comment... grin

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by politicalpastor: 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2013
no, stay single and continue in BRAVO until you see Brazil.
aunty or sister, you go still remain for your PAPA house ohh. lol

Mrs.Chima:
Damn I was in a mood to fight! angry

Bravo! kiss
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2013
ogugua88: Lovely post! Unfortunately, common sense is not common.

It's easy to say these things and hope that unmarried women heed, but the truth is that societal/cultural and family pressures are partly to blame, if not entirely. Also, a lot of women lack the mental and emotional strength required to stand for themselves, or have become complacent with mediocrity and sacrificed self-respect for a husband. It's from a Nigerian woman's mouth that you will hear things like "cheating is the norm; there's nothing you can do about it". Some unluckily marry the wrong man and will still quote the Bible and tell you that under no circumstances, adultery and domestic violence inclusive, can a woman file for divorce. That's disheartening and is setting a very wrong trend for our daughters to follow. I don't know from where the "a woman's pride is her husband/marriage" came, and I don't know how or why it's unofficially compulsory for a woman to marry before a certain age, hence making some women rush and settle for sub-par males, but it's part of the reason why some men see themselves as gods and do as they wish to them.

Nothing could be truer than the last part of your post. Society, culture, tradition, and even family won't change, not fast enough anyway. The change that's so greatly needed as per this topic can only come from women changing their mindsets and loving themselves to the point that they will not settle for less, even if it means waiting a little longer.

A woman should gain more than a man and ring in marriage. She should gain a partner, a teammate, a companion... someone who appreciates her in totality. And guess what? Such men don't come easily, so be patient.

So is not true what the Bible said?... Im asking
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by phil5(m): 1:32pm On Oct 07, 2013
NonesenseeeeeeeeEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. ,na by force to marry? Hold ur tin and I hold mine,

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by bukatyne(f): 1:33pm On Oct 07, 2013
ariseandshine: With this kind of advise your listeners will end up in T.B Joshua's Church at the age of 40 looking for a husband.

eddiebruk: Orisirisi topic, now you will see all the Ada beke's and Olosho popping up to commend the OP, like someone said, so many women are single today because of their pride to be submissive to their husbands, Marriage is not a competition of who owns the best things, some are not married but they are happy, and only their Pillows knows how much pains they feel each night. Nobody should quote me sha

I did not intend to commend but some posts like the above got to me.

Where are the Op talked about submission or not? where did she even mention competition or owning this?

Are you sure that you are responding to the OP at all?

It is all these Nigerian mindset that makes unmarried women jump at the next available thing in trousers.

Like it is said, if you do not have a destination, anywhere becomes your end point.

If a woman knows her purpose in life and who she is, she will automatically weed out a lot of prospects.

It is well

8 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by ghettodreamz(m): 1:34pm On Oct 07, 2013
IMHO, I don't think there is anything bad in a man telling you the kind of friends he wants you to keep. The same thing is applicable to men, when there is love, there will always be good level of understanding and maturity. Besides, a relationship without trust is not a good one, and such is bound to fail and would eventually crumble.

I think I love this last sentence and a quote of yours; "Don’t be in haste- for where the hare gets to by running, the tortoise will arrive there by walking".

Nice write-up.

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by optimusprime2(m): 1:34pm On Oct 07, 2013
Mtcheeeeeew.... Rabbisssssh!
"Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaàaawks"... *Spits on thread*... walks away
*singing Beyoncès "to the left, to the left..."*
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by bheemz(f): 1:34pm On Oct 07, 2013
nice OP
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by UjSizzle(f): 1:35pm On Oct 07, 2013
lol @ monitoring spirit n slave abolition act grin

Nice write up OP smiley

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
bukatyne:

I did not intend to commend but some posts like the above got to me.

Where are the Op talked about submission or not? where did she even mention competition or owning this?

Are you sure that you are responding to the OP at all?

It is all these Nigerian mindset that makes unmarried women jump at the next available thing in trousers.

Like it is said, if you do not have a destination, anywhere becomes your end point.

If a woman knows her purpose in life and who she is, she will automatically weed out a lot of prospects.

It is well

You should know the real reason behind so many unmarried Aunty, i was only telling you some of the real life reason why so many Aunties are still searching even at 42, so abeg carry your wahala go Yaba left
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
Buddy dogg: what useful here!
Its useful...!!!

Life does not begin wit husband.!!
Life will not end wit husband..!!

There is more to life to enjoy, to give you happiness and make you fulfilled.

#say no to an abusive man#

5 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2013
I concur 100% percent with every thing the OP said

I'm man and I hate it when my fellow men lecture me about not helping my future wife or GF in the kitchen simply because "it's meant for women". Who made such an absurd law?. How can a woman be pregnant, a woman you call your wife and you can't help out but rather choke her with beehive of gaugartuan activities to worsen her current state?. It's heartlessness raised to power infinity

And the issue of being TOO strict on her and her online life is sickening and childish. It smacks of insecurity. The wife I'm gonna marry will have my trust. If I don't trust her, why should I be marrying her in the first place?. It makes no sense. A sensible wife that loves you will know how to keep off admirers and also not cheat on you. Just because she's my wife doesn't mean I won't give her breathing space. It's senseless to go to her phone and delete her male. Contacts. That's low self-esteem goddammit!!. A woman that wanna cheat on you, will still do that. My advice?. Let her have those contacts, if she cheats on you with them, divorce her azz instead of trying to force her not to cheat on you. If she loves you, the love won't make her cheat on you.

Ladies, stop being TOO desperate most especially these days where HUSBANDS are scarce while boys are awash everywhere. MEN can smell desperation from afar and there's no guarantee that you won't be dumped after being a slave for these men. Never "MANAGE" abusive partners, I repeat, never MANAGE abusive partners. They hardly ever changes. If a man doesn't respect you and love you enough not to beat you, then he doesn't deserve

Ladies, stop making marriage the MOST IMPORTANT achievement of y'all lives. guaranteed that marriage is important, but going outta natural ways, doing and enduring extreme things/pains just to get married is MADNESS. The marriage will still CRASH at the end of the day

Most important ladies should fight for is to be successful and men will troop to come marry you. No wise man wants a liability. Men love working class independent ladies that can hold things down on their own, foot their bills while still being a GOOD wife. MOST IMPORTANTLY, Be SUCCESSFUL(be gainfully employed, earning cool cash), have a nice character, don't look down on men that comes your way, dress nicely and men won't be hard to get. It's that simple

10 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by caramelll(f): 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2013
Madam OP "Mz vox",saw dis write-up on FB a month ago,it wont hurt 2give credit 2d original writer•#jst sayin#

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by princeonx: 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2013
Okija_juju: As at my last count...

10 Lonely women liked the OP's comment... grin
In MJ's voice, you must to be starting something!!
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
nyere84: Its useful...!!!

Life does not begin wit husband.!!
Life will not end wit husband..!!

There is more to life to enjoy, to give you happiness and make you fulfilled.

#say no to an abusive man#

Dey there dey deceive yourself, your small cousin when dem born which day go soon marry
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by bukatyne(f): 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

Thats not true Aunty, the reason why the men go for younger women is because the wives feels like since they are married now she can now do away with those things that caught the eyes of the husband, like baring it all at home, if you bare it all for your husband for 2years he will get tired of seeing those things, so try as much as possible to get him guessing always, be on top notch of your game as a wife like you guys are just some young bf/gf, sexually educate your mind more to be able to arouse his intellect as well as his louins every evening when he gets home, keep him running home to have a taste of your dish during his break period, keep sending him SMS while he is at work, tell him you want him to take you out this weekend, make him buy you gifts. abeg 9ja women always thinks that once they are married their world has now come to an end for the struggle of having a man, failing to understand that keeping him is the most important thing

And this your post made sense to you?

If a man is not happy with the ways for his wife, is he dumb that he cannot discuss with her or is he senseless not to reason properly?

Do you want to compare a wife who has to take care of the kids, home, manage her job, in-laws and other things to a young babe who has no responsibilities?

Please step up your game if you think there is a reason to cheat.

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Idowuogbo(f): 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2013
caramelll: Madam OP "Mz vox",saw dis write-up on FB a month ago,it wont hurt 2give credit 2d original writer•#jst sayin#
Lolzzz.... Abi o!
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by UjSizzle(f): 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

And some men just can't keep their eyes at home.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by bukatyne(f): 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

You should know the real reason behind so many unmarried Aunty, i was only telling you some of the real life reason why so many Aunties are still searching even at 42, so abeg carry your wahala go Yaba left

You can open a thread to discuss why women are unmarried at 42 if it so affects you.

Don't mix issues on this beautiful thread.

4 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 07, 2013
uj_sizzle:
And some men just can't keep their eyes at home.

if you know how to handle your man and always keep him occupied, how is he gonna get the chance to go out to look for other women..? It's not just about saying i am married, it is actually about keeping a man

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 07, 2013
bukatyne:

You can open a thread to discuss why women are unmarried at 42 if it so affects you.

Don't mix issues on this beautiful thread.

Okay Aunty cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
13 lonely women like the topic

still counting.........................
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by ghettodreamz(m): 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Lolzzz.... Abi o!

I know say you too go follow see am for FB.

Longest time, how garage? gringringrin
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Okijajuju1(m): 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
prince_onx:
In MJ's voice, you must to be starting something!!

Well...

Point is I'm tired of all these women always trying to define what the ideal man is as if their fake hair and make-up wearing asses are ideal...

Women:: If you know that you wanna get married, then you better go out there and hunt down the man for you and marry him.. There is no right or wrong in things like this. What worked for the OP will/may not work for you. The Ideal man for Adaobi will/may not be the ideal man for Ogugua.. Stop listening to all these women who think they got men/relationships all figured out..

!

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Girl Warns Boyfriend Snatcher On Facebook (Photos) / Some Ladies And Their "Come And Take Me Out Syndrome" / The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.