Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,990 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

A Special Message For Unmarried Women - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Special Message For Unmarried Women (34165 Views)

Why Nigerian Unmarried Women Will Increase In No / 7 Things Unmarried Women Do Not Deserve / Why Do We Have More Unmarried Women These Days Than In The Past? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by ghettodreamz(m): 2:03pm On Oct 07, 2013
Red_Card: you only show up on spinsterhood related topics. Don't tell me my guess is right. I hope say you get pikin sha

Get pikin?

Are you JJC? grin
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 07, 2013
lekpalicious: Lmao. When did i say that all men are bad. Secondly keeping a man is no problem. I have a good man who loves and respects me and he is type of guy i always wanted and its not out of desperation. The only reason i am unmarried yet is because we are not there financially yet. So dont worry your lil head about me. I am fine. But why you so bitter though lmao. Dont worry no matter what there will always be stupid girls who will be desperate enough for the likes of you.

Tah common gerraway, who dey find Orisirisi woman like you
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by agrovick(m): 2:04pm On Oct 07, 2013
Are there really guys like these out there? Na joblessness be that abi wetin go make me dey monitor women if i get work to do. He go beta
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by eagleeye2: 2:04pm On Oct 07, 2013
All these Ideal husband will be this, Ideal man must be this don tire me.
Have you all women sat down to ask what the IDEAL WOMAN should be.
You all want freedom, but when you given that freedom you messes it up.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk: Orisirisi topic, now you will see all the Ada beke's and Olosho popping up to commend the OP, like someone said, so many women are single today because of their pride to be submissive to their husbands, Marriage is not a competition of who owns the best things, some are not married but they are happy, and only their Pillows knows how much pains they feel each night. Nobody should quote me sha

Bible told women to be submissive to their wife but at the same time admonished the men to love and care for their wife. But some men choose to see the "submissive" part and leave out the rest. God is not dumb and knows some people will play the "submission" card.

If you love and care for your woman, a WISE lady will naturally submit to you unless she's daft, and I'll expect you to kick her azz to the curbs if she is
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by YoshiMaster: 2:07pm On Oct 07, 2013
lekpalicious: It seems a lot of men have misunderstood this topic. Its not about preference as every one has a different preference and what works for one will not work for the other. This topic is about unmarried women being so desperate that they settle for someone(who they would not normally have) just for the sake of getting married. When a woman is very desperate, a man can see that and will treat her anyhow as he knows she wont go anywhere. Whether it be cheating, abuse etc. What op is trying to say is women should avoid this. Its not then end of the world if you are not married. Your friends may have gotten married at 23, perhaps your time is 30. This is not about being too picky and refusing good guys. This is about not just settling with a bad guy because of desperation.

Good points, I never saw were the OP made points about women being too choosy.

I mean what gal would wanna be with an abusive guy?

Just the same way us guys shouldn't be desperate and end up with the wrong type females.

Being choosy, is not being able to make your mind up when you have many 'suitable' options.

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by ghettodreamz(m): 2:07pm On Oct 07, 2013
dabrake: LMAO. Who is even looking for a wife? Money over everything oh.

All I need from a woman is to sign a contract with her. She will bear me 2 kids, train them till they are 5 and then I pay her off. I am happy, she is happy, everybody are happy.

Surrogate mother?

Satan no go grant your heart desires, I hope you have a change of mind before it's too late for ya.

Na wa ooo. Are women that dangerous? Or what is this life turning into?

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by elfico(m): 2:07pm On Oct 07, 2013
Really true. I dont believe in treating women in the slightest disregard, plus my religion prohibits it. But the author should also knw that there are a lot nice of guys out there willing to treat a woman like a queen. But you do this and the woman will start taking you for a fool. Give a woman 'allow', she would start asking for 'allowance', give them a privilege and they would turn it into a right. Help her to fetch water today and tommorrow she would be like 'honey, can you help me do the dishes?' We would love to help our women, all we ask is that they dont make us regret it. we would love to give them some privacy, all we ask is that they dont abuse it, this also goes for men. Am not guilty of those accusations sha.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by lekpalicious(f): 2:09pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

Tah common gerraway, who dey find Orisirisi woman like you
I see i struck a nerve. Truth is real men wont have a problem with this topic. Only little boys. Keep being a little boy as you will keep attracting little girls.

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 07, 2013
carujmonella:

Bible told women to be submissive to their wife but at the same time admonished the men to love and care for their wife. But some men choose to see the "submissive" part and leave out the rest. God is not dumb and knows some people will play the "submission" card.

If you love and care for your woman, a WISE lady will naturally submit to you unless she's daft, and I'll expect you to kick her azz to the curbs if she is

And when the men try to make the women see that they are not being submissive the woman labels the husband as being too controlling and monitoring.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 07, 2013
bukatyne:

Like it is said, if you do not have a destination, anywhere becomes your end point.

You've said it all. Women are their own nemesis. They have made marriage their ultimate goal and it's sad. If they have certain goals set out and they pursue that goal, and become successful in life, MEN will troop their way. Nobody hates a GOOD thing

Rather some women will be pursuing marriage instead pursuing career success that will guarantee MEN their way
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 07, 2013
dabrake: LMAO. Who is even looking for a wife? Money over everything oh.

All I need from a woman is to sign a contract with her. She will bear me 2 kids, train them till they are 5 and then I pay her off. I am happy, she is happy, everybody are happy.

Don't do that bro.

Thats low. Even worse than this Freedom Seeking Spinsters.

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by dabrake(m): 2:10pm On Oct 07, 2013
trolling: And I can authoritatively tell you that without a head(man), no woman and I mean no woman would make it into the kingdom or why do you think scriptures say in that day seven women will hold on to a man,mind you its not going to be happening in Nigeria, go figure out where the kingdom is then you can talk , don't allow pride and feminism to deceive you also, at the end of the day its all about salvation and eternal life
I was about to say something sill till I saw your moniker. No need.

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Letters2Go(f): 2:11pm On Oct 07, 2013
What the poster is trying to say is that As a Single Woman, you have the 'right to choose who you will spend the rest of your life with'. If our job as women is to follow and help a man, then that man should better have a destination and recognize that we are your helpers. You dont beat your business partners or staff.. you listen and gently chastise.
So all the guys huffing and puffing with red cheeks and steam blowing out of their ears right now, it is still our right to choose and we will not choose a paranoid, hysteric, violent, psychotic and vision less man.

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 07, 2013
carujmonella:

You've said it all. Women are their own nemesis. They have made marriage their ultimate goal and it's sad. If they have certain goals set out and they pursue that goal, and become successful in life, MEN will troop their way. Nobody hates a GOOD thing

Rather some women will be pursuing marriage instead pursuing career success that will guarantee MEN their way

If I may ask, why was EVE created?
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by UjSizzle(f): 2:12pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

First of all when it comes to Discussions that will better a Union, the woman is supposed to be in charge, i.e if the topic is about how their relationship is going to move forward the wife is supposed to be in charge, because as a man these things actually dont come into our head that much because we already have pretty much too many things to handle, so a wife in this sense becomes both a mother, a sister and a friend, she should be able to raise topics when she sees things not going fine in her relationship, let me tell you this, Men get scared when the woman they love call them on the phone as says "I need to talk to you" this phrase alone sends cold down the spine of the husband, because first he would be forced to think that his wife is in danger and feels insecure, and for this reasons he gives more attention, if you are a woman that knows how to get your man always interested in your conversation rather than constant Nagging, then you are on top notch of your game as a wife
I agree with you here, but you seem to havw totally eliminated the factor that some men just can't keep their legs home.

Anyway the OP is simply saying that women shouldn't get too desperate to settle for just anyone. Women need to work on their self esteem and take pride in themselves.
Even still i recognise the fact that some peoplr aren't married because they have attitude problems that can't be overlooked by any man. These ones need to work on that too.

So basically,attitude building and self confidence should pull a woman through, and not what pressure society/cultural mounts on her.
Everyone deserves the best for themselves.

4 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 07, 2013
lekpalicious: I see i struck a nerve. Truth is real men wont have a problem with this topic. Only little boys. Keep being a little boy as you will keep attracting little girls.

Actually i enjoy the Aunties more than the little girls, and i like how they keep disturbing my line, it makes me feel important, No be me send them to waste their youth waiting for submissive husbands when truly what they were waiting for was a husband with Range Rover. of-course they wont tell you to your face.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Okijajuju1(m): 2:13pm On Oct 07, 2013
bukatyne: A female poster opens a thread to advice ladies to avoid abusive and substandard men.

Male posters are ranting and talking about submission, competitiveness, reasons men cheat etc.

If your sister brings a man you know is a potential abuser or cheat home, will you advice her to carry on so that she will not hug her pillow at night or walk on menopause street? Will you tell her to be patient and pray or run for her dear life?

The quality of some men is really pathetic.

Just as some women are not wife materials, some men are not husband materials.

My darling.. The point is that there is no ideal anything/anywhere..

No couple can honestly come out and say they didnt compromise on one thing or the other in their considerations before marrying their partners. NONE!! Comma must dey.. If you have a 100% partner, then I dont see what the fvck you are doing online.. You should be with that person 24/7 protecting them from people like this OP who are out there hunting for 100% perfect partnners to snatch or marry.. grin

[b]If my sister brings home a partner (that I dont like), heres gonna be my advice to her; My darling sister.. You know I love you and would always look out for your interest. This I promise you will not change. Like Daddy use to say, Marriage is between 2 people. There is no perfect man or woman on earth. Thats why I told mum that I could never be married to her, because I would kill her.. lol. But look at how peaceful and happy a relationship herself and daddy have. Thats why I would advice you to go remove the love from your eyes and the butterfliles from your tummy and keep in one corner and properly assess, inspect, examine, analyse, research, inquire, probe, scrutinize and evaluate this man you want to marry.. Like I told mum, so will I tell you.. I can never marry your husband if I were a Woman because of XYZ reasons.. However, thats just me and I cant hold you to my standard. If you can go and do this honestly and truthfully and still come back to tell me that this is what you want to do, then I will give you my unreserved blessing with a clause that says: Should later down the line you feel like you have made a mistake, then please feel free to use the DIVORCE option after another careful examination of your situation and the implications of your decision.. I will also be here to accept you with open arms, because that what Family are there for.. [/b]

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by lekpalicious(f): 2:14pm On Oct 07, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Good points, I never saw were the OP made points about women being too choosy.

I mean what gal would wanna be with an abusive guy?

Just the same way us guys shouldn't be desperate and end up with the wrong type females.

Being choosy, is not being able to make your mind up when you have many 'suitable' options.
Exactly. So glad you understand
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

Actually i enjoy the Aunties more than the little girls, and i like how they keep disturbing my line, it makes me feel important, No be me send them to waste their youth waiting for submissive husbands when truly what they were waiting for was a husband with Range Rover. of-course they wont tell you to your face.

LOooOOooooOOOOOOol. Are you talking from experience?
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Okijajuju1(m): 2:17pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

My scotch don finish, but manage this Chelsea dry gin.. grin
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by thehunted(m): 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
ok
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
uj_sizzle:
I agree with you here, but you seem to havw totally eliminated the factor that some men just can't keep their legs home.

Anyway the OP is simply saying that women shouldn't get too desperate to settle for just anyone. Women need to work on their self esteem and take pride in themselves.
Even still i recognise the fact that some peoplr aren't married because they have attitude problems that can't be overlooked by any man. These ones need to work on that too.

So basically,attitude building and self confidence should pull a woman through, and not what pressure society/cultural mounts on her.
Everyone deserves the best for themselves.

A woman don't just get married to a man he sees some few days ago, they first start from dating, and while dating, the woman is supposed to have learned and understand what her man is capable of doing, and how she should go about it, if after dating a man for 2-3years before marriage and a woman is still having issues dealing with how to tackle problems with her husband, then she has missed it somewhere failing to realize that they shouldn't have been married in the first place.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 07, 2013
kroosx: Nice rite up..but @ op wot kind of man will u recommend since u can neva find a perfect being
nobody is perfect bt as far as u can't tolerate her n she can also tolerate U and there is trusth btwn d 2 of u, u r perfect 4 each oda
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Rawpidgin(m): 2:20pm On Oct 07, 2013
sorry to say, but i have got no compassion 4 chicks that falls prey to crazya$$ dudes.
why? becuase gentle & nice guys like me go don try to get her but she turn me down because my money neva long & went ahead to date this financially stable woman beater.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 07, 2013
ariseandshine:

LOooOOooooOOOOOOol. Are you talking from experience?

Na today, they will even promise to provide the money if you are ready to marry them.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

And when the men try to make the women see that they are not being submissive the woman labels the husband as being too controlling and monitoring.

That's why it's best to sit your woman down and iron out issues with her, if she can't see reasons , the two of you should go your seperate ways if no other solution can be brought up to end the misunderstanding

Secondly, a woman that loves you will be submissive to you, that's what I believe in sha! because the ones I've dated has been submissive to me without me reminding them. It's natural and shows they respect me and I in turn, respect them too

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by b03liberty(m): 2:25pm On Oct 07, 2013
helovesme: wow. so some men do all the things in this write-up? shocked

i thank God for my man.

sweetheart, know that I love you and you are indeed a rare gem
yes! I am. My rare jelly.
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 07, 2013
caramelll: Madam OP "Mz vox",saw dis write-up on FB a month ago,it wont hurt 2give credit 2d original writer•#jst sayin#
I fink I posted it on fb 2 Mr or miss Caramell, thanks 4 readin it up there 2..
Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by UjSizzle(f): 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

First of all when it comes to Discussions that will better a Union, the woman is supposed to be in charge, i.e if the topic is about how their relationship is going to move forward the wife is supposed to be in charge, because as a man these things actually dont come into our head that much because we already have pretty much too many things to handle, so a wife in this sense becomes both a mother, a sister and a friend, she should be able to raise topics when she sees things not going fine in her relationship.
I hope you also have plans for keeping your relationship alive too. Marriage is a two-way thing and not just a woman's responsibility.
As much as you want her to spice it up, she also wants you to surprise her...be spontaneous. Don't do that and someday she'll start to feel she's probably trying too hard to keep you interested, and may come to resent you for that.
No amount of work should keep you too busy for your marriage.

2 Likes

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by lekpalicious(f): 2:27pm On Oct 07, 2013
eddiebruk:

Did you read the topic? Where did it mention anything about women waiting for rich husbands or wanting submissive husbands. Smdh Some people are always quick to comment at any topic. You have missed the boat completely.

Please refer back to my earlier post about what the topic is about. This topic is about unmarried women being so desperate they go for men they normally won't have settled for such as cheaters, abusers etc.

What is so hard to understand? Would you like your sisters or daughters to be so desperate that they settle with such men. About those Aunties yes those are desperate women indeed. Old or young. A desperate women is a desperate women.

1 Like

Re: A Special Message For Unmarried Women by crackhaus: 2:28pm On Oct 07, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

It bashes dumb women and those with no commom sense...at least the women that agreed with OP isn't fake and phony when it comes to the truth.

Can you say that about the men on this site? lipsrsealed
I can't say anything about the men on this site except myself.

I take it only fake and phony women would disagree with the OP abi, and what is this truth you speak of?
Oh well, what you should know is that there are only a few men, and when I say few, I mean really few men who display such behaviour.
I mean, when I should be busy with my job and my hustle, na to dey stalk my girl with incessant IMs and asking for nude pictures or monitoring her every move, or whatever else the OP tried to convince you people of that will be my problem?

The whole thing does not even make sense because I am yet to have a friend, relative or acquaintance who does any of that.
But I wonder why you sef like the post when it's obvious you are already taken as with all the other ladies here who claim to have the best bf in the world.

I'm going back to my back seat now to observe, thank you for calling me out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What If A Girl You Don't Like Loves You And Stalks You? / Edet Okon Asim Impregnates 15-Year-Old Girl, In Abortion Scandal / Can A Girl Vagina Loose Without Having Frequent Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.